Time to Shine

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

Tony Ahn- Top Star
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"One, two! One, two! One, two and three!" the teacher chanted, clapping his hands to the beat. "And freeze!"

The group instantly froze in their stance, many of them panting heavily.

"Alright! Very good, but there were several wrong steps that we need to work on, so let's run through it again!" the teacher barked, clapping his hands again.

"YES SEONSAENGNIM!" they all rang, instantly running back to their starting positions.

"Alright! One, two, three!"

The group entered their dance, arms swinging and feet sliding across the floor. The routine was going well until one of the girls pushed her foot the wrong way and ended up stepping on another girl's foot.

"YA! Watch where you're stepping you hippo!"

"What did you just call me!?!"

"ENOUGH!!" Mei Hwa barked, quickly separating the girls. "Jiyeon it was an accident, that gives you no right to insult at her! Seoshin, try to concentrate on the dance moves a little more so that there won't be any more foot stepping on, arasso?"

The two girls stopped glaring at each other and nodded, giving short apologies to on another before moving back into their places.

"Alright, ignoring the interruption, let's start again!" the teacher barked, tapping his foot in impatience.

Mei Hwa sighed and went back into starting position, catching Sulli waving at her out of the corner of her eye.

'Unnie, daebak!' she mouthed, pumping her fists with a grin.

Mei Hwa chuckled and turned her eyes back to the front and began dancing with the others when the music started up again.

After another hour of practising, they were given a half hour to rest, Mei Hwa walking over to the cooler and grabbing an armful of water bottles, walking around and handing them out to the others who had died on the floor.

"Unnie I'm exhausted!" Luna booed, not moving to take the bottle from the older girl.

"That's what you get for deciding to come practise with us trainees again," Mei Hwa teased. "C'mon, you won't get your strength back if you don't stay hydrated," Mei Hwa laughed, crouching down to place the water next to the girl's head.

"Eww, I'm all sweaty and gross…" Krystal gagged, pulling at her shirt.

"Refreshing isn't it?" Amber chuckled. "Reminds me of when we were still trainees."

"You call it refreshing?" Mei Hwa laughed, looking over at her friend.

"Ah to be younger again~!" Amber grinned.

Mei Hwa simply rolled her eyes, handed the girls their water bottles and opened her own.

"Lo Mei Hwa!"

All heads turned towards the door to see the choreographer standing there with his fists on his hips, an eyebrow raised.

"What did you do? He looks miffed…" Amber whispered.

Mei Hwa shrugged and walked over, following him out of the room and down the halls and into the elevator. After exiting, he continued to lead her down the hall before stopping in front of a solid wood door. He pushed the door open and motioned for her to enter, closing it behind her.

Behind a large desk was Lee Sooman, conversing with someone seated in one of the guest chairs.

"Ah, Mei Hwa, just in time!" Sooman greeted, motioning for her to come closer.

As the girl stepped forward, the visitor stood from their chair and turned to look at her.

"It's nice to meet you Mei Hwa-ssi, I look forward to working with you," she greeted, a kind smile on her face despite her rugged appearance.

"Ummm…"

"Mei Hwa."

The girl turned to look at the president.

"I'm happy to finally have the ability to not only tell you, but announce soon to the world, that myself as well as your teachers believe that you are ready to begin the preparations for your solo debut," he spoke, a smile on his face.

"M-my debut…? Already??" Mei Hwa squeaked.

"Already??!" Sooman laughed and stood from his chair to walk around his desk. "Mei Hwa, you've been diligently training for five years; you've shown immense growth not only with your singing but your dancing and even responsibilities towards yourself and others, and even though you aren't in a group you show great leadership skills. These qualities are what we look for before we allow anyone to debut."

Mei Hwa blinked a couple times in shock but nodded.

"I think it'll take a bit for it to sink in," the woman chuckled, gently placing her hand on the girl's shoulder.

"So wait, what do I do now? Am I… am I moving out from the dorm?" Mei Hwa stuttered.

"You won't be moving out until you're closer to your debut date, but you'll move out eventually, but there are a couple things we have to take care of first."

The girl watched as the president walked back around and sat at his desk, taking out a file.

"After a lot of consideration, we've decided to give you a stage name; the majority of the board felt that Lo Mei Hwa was a bit much…" he began.

"Stage name? What's my stage name going to be?" Mei Hwa asked, inwardly cringing at the possibly horrid name they gave her.

"You'll go by Miyong, and Kang Sil Lo will be your manager," Sooman replied, motioning to the woman.

"What? But… no offense Unnie… but-"

"Don't let my lack of outdoor plumbing fool you; I'm a black belt in Kickboxing, Karate, and Jiu-Jitsu, I can take good care of you," the woman, Sil Lo chuckled, crossing her arms over her chest with a smirk.

"Woa… daebak…"

The two adults chuckled and Sooman handed the teen several papers and a pen. "Read over these carefully, it has all of your official contract information, living requirements and so on."

Mei Hwa nodded and took the papers, sitting down in one of the chairs and began to read through them.

"A nine year contract? This is 2010…2019… So I'd beee… I'll be 27…" Mei Hwa paused and crinkled her forehead in thought. "Nine years is a long time… but I guess it's not that bad considering Super Junior's was 13…"

"We can always try to negotiate for seven years, but that's as low as they can go," Sil Lo explained, crouching closer to the girl's level.

"No, nine is alright, I'm sure I'll end up being so busy that they'll fly by pretty quickly anyways," Mei Hwa giggled. "Living arrangements… are ultimately your decision but must be run by the committee beforehand… I can handle that…"

Sil Lo and Sooman laughed as the girl continued to mumble to herself.

After reading all of the pages, Mei Hwa flipped to the final page and picked up the pen, reading the last of the contract.

"I, Lo Mei Hwa, agree to the terms and conditions of the enclosed contract, as well as agree to taking the stage name 'Miyong' for the time elapsed in the contract…" She read the rest in her head, nodding occasionally before putting down her signature. "Wow… if I'm going to be an idol I have to work on my autographs…" she mumbled.

Sil Lo chuckled and handed the contract back to the president, Sooman skimming over it and nodding before standing, Mei Hwa following him.

"Congratulations Mei Hwa… no… congratulations Miyong, all of your hard work has finally paid off," he beamed, reaching out his hand.

Mei Hwa smiled and quickly shook his hand with a nod.

"I'm assuming you're going to go spread the news before I get the chance to…?" he chuckled.

Mei Hwa scuffed her shoe on the floor while biting her lip, as if her hand had been caught in the cookie jar making him laugh.

"Go ahead, they'll find out eventually."

Mei Hwa grinned, bowed and dashed out of the room after wishing him a good day. She dashed down the stairs, too excited to wait for the elevator and dashed into the practise room.

"Amber Amber Amber Amber AMBER AMBER!!!!"

"What what what???" the girl yelped back as her friend all but tackled her to the ground.

"Amber I'm… I'm… I'M.. OH MY GOD!!!!"

"Calm down and tell me woman!" Amber barked, shaking her by the shoulders.

"I'M DEBUTING IN DECEMBERRR!!!!!" Mei Hwa squealed.

"Wait! You're what!?" Krystal cried.

"What what??" the other girls asked.

"I'm debuting in December with a stage name and a manager and everything~!!" Mei Hwa squealed again, flailing her arms around and jumping on the spot.

Before any of the girls could respond, a body suddenly flew into her and wrapped her in a hug, swinging her around in circles making her laugh.

"Congratulations Noona~!"

"Kai put Mei Hwa down before you drop her!" Suho scolded with a laugh.

"A A Ah! You have to call me by my stage name now too!" she grinned, waving her finger back and forth as Kai placed her back on the ground.

"We have Sulli, Luna, Krystal, Victoria, Suho, Kris, Lay, Kai, Xiumin, D.O. and Tao, what are you?" Amber chuckled, thumbing to everyone for their name.

"It's a very suiting name honestly, I think whoever voted for it had very good taste~!" she beamed, placing her hand over her chest.

"What, Gulmjulin*?" Kris teased.

The others snickered as Mei Hwa gave him a glare as well as a pout.

"What's your stage name Noona?" D.O. asked, ignoring the other's teasing remarks.

"You are now looking at, Miyong~" she sang, spinning on her toes and doing a dramatic bow.

"Miyong?? They gave you the name Miyong??" Kris snickered.

"What, you jealous that others won't acknowledge your good looks through a stage name?" Mei Hwa teased.

"So I have good looks do I?"

The others burst into laughter as the girl's face went pink, crossing her arms over her chest and muttering.

"Don't let them tease you Mei-mei, I'm sure the name suits you perfectly," Lay smiled.

"Thanks Gege, I'm glad someone loves me," she smiled back.

"Jie-jie is going to be leaving us soon then…?" Tao asked with a pout.

Mei Hwa's smile fell slightly and she nodded. "Yeah, I'll be leaving for my own place when I get closer to my debut date…"

"But who'll come over and cook us breakfast!?" Chanyeol yelped.

"Ya you swine! Is that the only reason you'll miss me!!" Mei Hwa huffed, planting her fists on her hips and glaring at him.

"Wellllll…"

"CHANYEOL!!"

The others burst out laughing as the smaller girl charged towards him and started smacking him anywhere she could reach, Chanyeol raising his arms to try and block her with a goofy grin on his face.

"So are your practises going to stop now; you'll be working towards your single or whatever?" Victoria asked, walking over and placing her hands on the younger girl's shoulders.

"Yeah, I'll probably end up going to the higher floors and working on what I debut with…"

"It's going to be a single, just like most idols."

The group turned towards the door to see Sil Lo standing there with a large hockey bag slung over her shoulder.

"Noona who's that…?" Sehun whispered, leaning down slightly while not taking his eyes away from the woman.

"Guys, this is my manager…. oh dear…"

"Kang Sil Lo, it's nice to meet everyone," she introduced with a laugh, giving Mei Hwa an understanding nod.

"Wait… you're going to be Noona's manager? Really??" Kai asked, sounding baffled.

"Don't judge her for her gender Jongin, she's well trained in the art or protecting this beautiful face," Mei Hwa grinned, framing her face with her hands.

"Yeah, but is she trained with knowing how to put up with you?" Kris snickered.

"YA! DO YOU WANT TO DIE!?!" Mei Hwa roared, dashing over at him and kicking her leg out.

The others chuckled and rolled their eyes as Kris continued to dodge her feet and hands as she tried to hit him.

"I trust you to take good care of Mei Hwa, Noona," Suho chuckled, giving Sil Lo a formal bow, the majority of the others following his example.

The woman nodded and cleared , giving Mei Hwa a meaningful look when she turned her head away from Kris, the man having simply extended his arm out so that his hand was on her forehead and keeping her away from him.

"Shall we go up and talk with your new team?" Shiloh suggested.

"New… team??"

"Yes, you'll have a set team of make-up artists, hairstylists, and fashion coordinators starting when you debut, so we can meet a few of them today if you'd like," Sil Lo explained.

Mei Hwa blinked a couple times in confusion, but nodded none the less.

"Ah! Unnie can I come and meet them?" Sulli chirped, dashing after her.

"Me too me too!" Luna sang, jumping up from the floor.

"Yeah, let's see if we know anyone," Amber laughed, slinging her arm across Mei Hwa's shoulders and walking with her towards the door.

"Ah, wait! I'll see you guys when you're done practise at the end of the day; we still have to go out for dinner with everyone!" Mei Hwa yelped, turning back slightly to point at the group of boys.

"We'll be there!" Chanyeol grinned, giving her two thumbs up.

"We won't forget Noona!" D.O. smiled, waving with the others.

"Alright alright I'm going! STOP DRAGGING ME WOMAN!!" Mei Hwa barked.

Amber continued to lead her down the halls, following Sil Lo, with Sulli and Luna following behind them. When Shiloh pushed the door open and allowed the girls to enter first, they were met with a small group chatting with each other as well as doing each other's hair and nails.

"Ah! f(x)!" one of the women cheered.

"Ya, Jiunne! Don't coddle another group when your charge is right there!" one of the older women scolded.

"Wae… you're Miyong…?" the woman Jiunne scoffed.

"Yeah… if that's how you act on our first meeting I refuse to have you near my person," Mei Hwa deadpanned.

"Mei Hwa-"

"Nu-uh! I want someone else!" Mei Hwa interrupted, crossing her arms over her chest.

"WHAT!? Why you little-!"

"What about her?" Mei Hwa asked, pointing to one of the girls in the back.

The others turned to look at her, the woman blinking in shock and slowly pointing to herself. "M…me??"

"Ne! What's your name Unnie~?" Mei Hwa asked.

"Umm… I'm Cho Shumei…"

"Do you think you could do things like that with my hair?" Mei Hwa asked motioning to the woman's intricately braided hair.

"I'll have you know that that's my handiwork!" one of the men huffed, giving her a look while crossing his arms over his chest.

"Eh? Really Oppa?? I really like it~" Mei Hwa gawked.

The man nodded with a smirk and Mei Hwa grinned.

"That's it, Unnie I want that one!" Mei Hwa grinned up at Sil Lo.

The woman chuckled but wrote down on a small pad of paper as the others laughed, the man grinning as the other members of her team stood up to introduce themselves.

"Dude, nice tattoos," Amber whistled, looking at the man's arms as he walked forward.

"Amber!" Mei Hwa scolded, smacking her on the arm. "So what's Oppa's name?" she asked.

"Im Sunhoon," he laughed, holding out his hand and giving her a small bow. "I'll be your hair stylist."

Shumei stepped forward and smiled at the girl, also extending her hand. "And I'll be your fashion coordi."

The other members of her team introduced themselves and Mei Hwa was a mix of excited and nervous, still not quite sure how she was supposed to react with all of the new information she was being given.

A solo artist under SM Entertainment. BoA did it and look how famous she was. Things could only begin to look better and better…































Right?




*Gulmjulin translates to Hungry in Korean
Miyong also translates to Beauty
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
First attempt at banner because the story was looking so bland and I have no idea how to/who to request one form. Thanks to my wife for her graphic design knowledge Thoughts? Offers?

Thanks again for reading guys~! And a special shout-out to I-Love-EXO, superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove and -baekyeol for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and comments are appreciated. Have a safe and Merry Christmas :)

--Sour