Coming Clean

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

SHINee- JoJo
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"One month Mei Hwa!"

Miyong sighed as her friend's words seemed to reverberate through her mind. The days quickly zipped by and the end of the month was creeping up on the female idol. She had at first not felt any rush about Charlie's warning, but when Xiumin came to her a few days after the woman left and told her that the female giant had texted him, she suddenly knew that her friend was not joking.

Try as she might, Miyong could never muster up the courage to tell the oldest boy about her feelings; every time she'd gotten even remotely close to telling him she either chickened out at the last second or the two were interrupted by one of the members.

"Hey Miyong, can you help Chanyeol and I with something for a second?" Baekhyun asked, his head popping into the kitchen.

Miyong's mouth flew shut and her entire body froze as her cheeks burned. She lowered her head and quickly followed Baekhyun out of the kitchen, raising her head to give him a deadly glare before whacking him on the shoulder making him yelp in pain.

"What was that for??" he whined, rubbing his shoulder.

"You know what!" she hissed, stomping her foot on the floor before marching away from his towards his and Chanyeol's shared room.

By the time Baekhyun had made it to his and Chanyeol's room, Miyong was already wearing the Korean giant's headphones and listening to the composition on the computer.

"I feel like it's missing something… but I can't tell what," Chanyeol pouted.

"How about artistic talent?"

"Can it Baek!" Chanyeol barked, a pout stretching across his lips.

Miyong raised her eyes to the ceiling in thought while tapping her lower lip.

"Maybe a different tempo? It sounds like it should be a little more of an up-beat song, but you have it playing a bit slow," she offered, taking the headphones off of her head. "That's the only thing I can think of…"

Chanyeol nodded. "Alright. Thanks Miyong~"

He gave her his signature grin making her roll her eyes and pat him on the head before moving to leave their room.

Just as she was walking through the doorway, she caught sight of Kai turning towards the foyer with his bag over his shoulder and beamed.

"Jonginnie~~! My favourite dongsaeng where are you going without Noona~~?" She called out, dashing towards the foyer and quickly enveloping him in a back hug making him laugh.

"I'm heading over to Headquarters a little bit early for some extra practise… would you like to come with me?" Kai laughed, turning slightly so that he could see her.

Miyong grinned and nodded. The two of them slipped on their shoes, and after telling their manager that she'd drive Kai to SM, headed towards the lobby.

"Will you be alright if I go get Crow and then pull up in front?" Miyong asked as they noticed the small mob of fans outside the building.

Kai nodded and Miyong made her way out the side door. She quickly dashed over to Crow and hopped in.

"Now Crow, Jongin will be in the car with us today so you have to be on your best behaviour, alright?" she spoke, petting the steering wheel as she inserted the key.

The engine sputtered a few times before ultimately starting making the idol smile. "Such a good boy~~"

Putting the car in 'Drive', Miyong pulled out of the parking lot and up to the front of the dorm building, reaching over the seats to unlock and open the passenger door just as Kai dashed out from the front doors.

Several of the fans started screaming and reaching out for him, but with dancer reflexes, he managed to avoid them and all but leap into the car and slam the door behind him. Miyong quickly began to drive forwards as the fans attempted to get closer to the car, screaming profanities at them as they sped off.

"This is the life right Jongin? The music, the fame, the fans," she laughed, keeping her eyes on the road.

Kai simply laughed and shifted his bag onto his lap, watching the streets pass by as a comfortable silence enveloped the car.

The duo soon arrived at SM's headquarters and after parking in the lot, the two entered and made their way up to EXO's usual practise room. Kai and Miyong placed their bags by the wall and Miyong walked over to the small stereo as Kai began stretching.

"What do you want to warm up to?" she asked, holding several CDs and flipping them around to read their track lists.

"Isn't there one already in the player?" the younger idol asked, looking at her through the mirror.

Miyong popped open the top to see that, indeed, there was a CD already in the player… a very familiar CD…

"Is this your practise music?" she asked with a growing smile.

"It should be… is it green?"

Miyong's face instantly flattened when he described a different CD then what was in the player.

"No… the green one's right here… I'll put it in for you," she hummed, gingerly taking out the blue and pink CD from the player and putting in the green one.

The music filled the room as Kai began dancing and Miyong began her hunt for the case for the first CD.

"Oh! Now that I think about it Noona; I think Xiumin-hyung was in here yesterday practising," Kai claimed, a knowing smile on his face.

Miyong's cheeks burned and she raised the CD so that it covered her face making him laugh before continuing to stretch.

"I think a few of the other Hyungs were in here with him… but you probably don't really care about that part," Kai continued.

"Aish! Would you stop!" Miyong whined, kicking her feet childishly.

"Then why won't you tell him!" he whined back, giving her a smarmy grin through the mirror. "The hyungs are already taking bets, especially after Charlie-Noona texted him."

"Bets?? They're taking bets!?!" Miyong barked, making Kai burst into laughter. "You better not have taken any part in it Jongin or I'll never forgive you…"

When the younger idol remained silent, Miyong raised her eyes to glare at him through the mirror.

"You didn't…"

Kai remained silent, but Miyong could tell he was biting his lip to avoid the smile from spreading across his face further.

"JONGIN!!!"

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it! Everyone was making predictions on when you'd finally confess and… well…"

Miyong groaned and buried her face in her hands in embarrassment. "Well I'm glad my inner turmoil could be a good source of entertainment for you all…"

Kai pouted and stopped stretching to turn and face her.

"Is it really bothering you that much?" he asked, sounding worried.

Miyong nodded after a few second making Kai pout before walking over to her and sitting on the bench beside her. Miyong whined slightly and leaned over so that she could rest her head on his shoulder, Kai giving her a small smile.

"I know you can do it Noona; you're one of the strongest and bravest girls I know; let alone idol," he claimed.

"I'm just worried about how I should approach him about it… how do I word it?" she hummed, a pout stretching across her lips.

Kai remained silent making the room go silent except for the music still playing from the stereo.

Miyong sighed and took her head off of Kai's shoulder and flattened out his sleeve. "Sorry… I shouldn't be bothering you with my girly problems."

Kai chuckled and shook his head while standing. "As long as it's nothing too personal Noona, you can always come and complain about stuff to me."

Miyong beamed and clapped in glee as he walked back over to his spot in front of the mirrors. As Kai continued to run through the dance to the music, Miyong turned her eyes back to the CD case in her hands. The photo of her in her dark robes for REAPER was pasted on the front of the case and the blue and pink CD inside had looked worn out, as if it had been played multiple times. The thought of Xiumin being the one listening to her first studio album so many times made her heart soar.

"Anyone got a napkin; Miyong's drooling again…"

The girl's eyes instantly shot up as well as her foot, the toe of her shoe barley missing Kris's hip when he leapt away with a bark of laughter.

"KEVIN!!" she roared, glaring up at the giant.

The room was filled with laughter as the rest of the guys filled into the room, placing their things along the wall by Miyong and Kai's bags.

"Do I even want to know why you were staring at my CD?"

Miyong looked up to see Chen with his arms crossed over his chest with his usual cat-like grin spread across his lips.

"Well there goes that happy thought," she pouted, resting her chin in her palm while offering the case to her friend.

Chen simply rolled his eyes and placed the CD back in its pile before sitting beside her on the bench as the others began talking.

"Jongin told me that you took bets…" she growled, glaring at him out of the corner of her eye. "Why do  have a feeling a certain self-proclaimed dance machine is the one who started it…"

"I'm not self proclaimed; my dancing abilities are flawless," Chen huffed, placing a hand on his chest with pride. "And no actually; Luhan-hyung started the betting pool."

"LUHAN!!" Miyong barked, glaring at the deer.

"Chen you tattletale!" Luhan barked back upon seeing her glare.

Chen simply smirked with a shrug as the others began to laugh, patting Luhan on the shoulder in pity.

Miyong crossed her arms over her chest and pouted making Chen chuckle and pat her on the head.

"You guys are all so mean, what if Minseok-oppa had found out about you're little betting pool?" she huffed, glaring up at him.

"We were extra careful Miyong, stop worrying so much," Chen laughed, giving her a nudge on the shoulder. "Confessing is your job, not ours."

"About that…" Miyong sighed, lowering her arms and eyes.

Chen cocked his head to the side slightly, silently motioning to her that he was listening.

"I hope you were betting on today…" Miyong chuckled, as she clenched her fists on her lap.

Chen was silent for a few seconds, her words obviously taking time to process in his head.

"You're seriously going to confess?" Chen huffed, watching the girl fiddle with her skirt from nervousness.

Miyong nodded while biting her lip. "If I don't tell him now, I feel like I'll regret it for forever…"

"I don't think you should."

Miyong's eyes widened slightly and turned to look up at her friend, Chen's face scrunched up like he'd eaten something sour.

"You two wouldn't make a very good couple."

"W-what!? Why would you say tha-how the heck to you know!?" Miyong barked, stomping her foot on the ground.

"For once in your life would you just… trust me?" Chen sighed, looking down at her. "You two aren't a good match."

"And what exactly am I supposed to do then Jongdae? Huh? Bottle it up and bottle it up and wait for him? I don't think so! I'm going to tell him and you can't stop me!" Miyong barked, standing from the bench and stomping her way towards the others.

"Fine! Don't listen to me! But don't come crying to me when you get hurt!" Chen barked back, glaring after her.

Miyong huffed and walked over to the boys, taking a deep breath before gently tapping Xiumin on the shoulder. He paused his conversation and turned to look at her, giving her one of his smiles that always made her knees weak.

"Miyong~ What's up?" he sang.

"O…Oppa, could I talk to you for a moment…… in private…?" she stuttered, her eyes shifting down to the floor.

Several eyes widened behind Xiumin's back and gave her baffled looks while the oldest nodded, following her as she lead him out of the practise room.

"Is she going to do what I think she's going to do??" Chanyeol gawked.

"I think she is…" Luhan replied.

"Noona…" Kai smiled.

When Miyong and Xiumin got outside of the practise room, he closed to door behind him and gave the girl his full attention.

"What was it you wanted to talk about? It must be pretty serious if you can't even say it around Kai," Xiumin laughed, brushing his hand through his hair.

Miyong bit her lip and fiddled with her skirt again, these actions not escaping the boy.

"Miyong…?"

"I… I wanted… to finally get this off of my chest… because after bottling it up for so long I feel like I'm going to explode…" she rambled, her eyes still trained on the floor.

Xiumin didn't speak, waiting for her to continue.

Miyong slowly raised her eyes so that hers met his and gave him and small smile.

"I like you."

"I like you too," Xiumin chuckled, giving her a grin.

"No… I mean… I… I like-like you…" Miyong stuttered, lowering her eyes slightly.

Xiumin's grin instantly fell and he gave her a baffled look.

"I've… had a crush on you ever since that one night back in 2008… when the power went out at the dorms?" She paused for a moment and Xiumin slowly nodded, telling her he remembered. "At first I figured it was just like a type of respect… like a brother or a guardian… but it just grew until just hearing your name made me get butterflies in my stomach. But I've been so scared to tell you because I was afraid of starting a scandal or something else that neither of us wanted…"

Miyong raised her eyes again to meet his, Xiumin's eyes wide with shock.

"I… I… don't know what to say…" he stammered.

"Please say something, I feel like I'm going to fall over," Miyong dryly chuckled, giving him a wry grin.

Xiumin's eyes softened and he stepped forward. He stopped when he was right in front of her and gently placed his hands on her shoulders, rubbing them a couple times.

Miyong watched his eyes as he seemed to mull over his next words, positive that the older boy could hear her heartbeat.

"Mei Hwa…"

"N-ne?"

When the look in Xiumin's eyes changed, Miyong's widened, her hands and knees shaking in trepidation.



"I'm sorry…






























But I don't feel the same way."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Aaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Don't hurt meeeeeee!! DX

I'm sorry but come on, another story where first love leads to a happily ever after? It's so unrealistic(That and I fully believe that Miyong and Xiumin wouldn't be good together(he said once that he wants someone he can take care of while Miyong is a hard-headed fighter who takes care of herself)) that and I enjoy ripping the hearts out of my readers But seriously, please don't unsubscribe because of this, I promise it'll get better~~~


Thanks again for reading guys~! Thank you to everyone who Subscribed and Commented and a special shout-out to GalaxyMinions, superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove, -baekyeol, BlazingMelody, HunHaney, squishyfishy, FixRate, IIVEEH, squeakumz, iAmAnonnymous, Jeongsin, ParkSeoMai23, KPOPCHIKA and greeneyes1990 for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and any and all comments are appreciated.

--Sour