The Ridiculous Haira

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

EXO K- Wolf
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"You have a very nice stance here, but maybe relax your shoulders the slightest bit; you have to remember that you're singing about betrayal and risk," the director claimed.

Miyong nodded as she continued to watch the video footage in front of her.

Another month had passed, now making it April. Miyong, busy as usual, was making the finishing touches on her music video for the last of her triad singles, 'Selection'. Among all of the song she had sung and promoted, even the girl had to admit that this one was her favourite so far, the theme being post-apocalypse wasn't a contributing factor at all. Although filming was slowly coming to a close, Miyong didn't feel like promotions would soon come to the same conclusion; it felt like they were only starting and it made her quite nervous.

The EXO boys were also starting up filming for their next single; which they refused to reveal to her on accounts of them apparently wanting it to be a surprise. She was going to either sneak in one day when she had a little time or she was, more than likely, going to hear it from blabbermouth Sehun; the poor boy was horrible at keeping secrets, especially when Miyong asked him.

"Alright, let's run through the choreography once more time before a small break," the director claimed, looking up at her.

Miyong nodded and made to move over to the set that had been made for her video, only to get pulled back by the back of her coat.

"Gah! Unnie!" Miyong whined when she was toted off of the stage and all but shoved into the make-up chair.

"Don't start, I have to re-smudge you!" Shumei huffed, quickly getting out the needed powders and dabbing at the idol's face. "I mean, who's ever heard of a clean end of the world survivor?"

"I didn't survive the end of the world, Unnie; I caused the end of the world… kind of… it's difficult to explain," Miyong claimed, scrunching up her face in thought.

Shumei gave her a scolding look making the idol flatten her face, but roll her eyes as the older woman continued to "dirty" her face.

"Alright~! Now you can go up onto stage with your backup dancers~" Shumei grinned.

"What's that look for?" Miyong asked, giving her coordi an accusing look.

"Oh come on, even I have to admit that they are very fine," Shumei replied with a wink, shifting her eyes over to the four men on the stage.

Miyong rolled her eyes and continued towards the set, jumping up and getting into her position as the music started.

The quintet ran through the choreography of the dance almost flawlessly, mainly due to the copious amount of times they'd all practised it before as well as during the filming of the MV. By the time the end of the song came on and they froze in their final pose, they were all breathless again, not even daring to breath until the director ended the filming.

"Very, very good job Miyong-ssi, I think with that we can end the filming for Selection~!" he called out with a clap.

"Ah really?? Thank you everyone for your hard work~!" she called out giving everyone a deep bow and shaking the hands of the dancers before they could dash away.

Everyone exchanged excited speeches with the girl as she came down off of the set, many of them walking up to her and wishing her good luck in the future for her promotions, which she replied to with a large smile and a round of thank yous.

"Oppa I can't get my hood off," Miyong whined as she began walking over to the dressing area.

"What do you mean you can't get it off, I didn't even glue it this time!" Sunhoon scoffed, walking over to the girl.

"This time!? What do you mean this time!? You've glued my hair before!?!" Miyong barked, glaring up at him as he slid his hands under her hood.

"Of course! How else do you think I managed to keep that contraption on your head for Ringmaster!" the man huffed.

Miyong continued to give him a baffled look earning a round of giggles from the two bystanders.

"Oi! You two are supposed to be on my side!" Miyong barked, pointing an accusing finger at the two older women.

"I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole," Sil Lo snickered, leaning against the table as Sunhoon continued to fiddle with her charge's head.

"I'm a neutral party, I make fun of everyone equally," Shumei agreed with her own round of chuckles.

Miyong simply pouted as Sunhoon finally managed to unthread her hair from inside the hood. She gave him a quick thank you before dashing into the dressing room to change back into her casual attire. After changing, she came out and walked over to her manager, taking her bag from the woman and instantly rifling through it to pull out her phone, raising an eyebrow when she realized she had received a text message.

"What's so funny?" Sil Lo asked when the idol began giggling beside her.

"Nothing important really. But Unnie, do we have anywhere we have to go immediately today?" Miyong asked, looking up at the woman.

Sil Lo raised a finger towards the girl silently telling her to wait while pulling out her own phone. She scrolled through her planner and shook her head. "No, you have to be on Hello Counsellor at 3, so you have a little bit of time before we have to leave… why?"

"Because I wanted to go and say hi to the others before I get dragged away for another unknown amount of time," the girl replied.

Sil Lo shrugged and offered to take the girl's bag, Miyong gladly handing it over as she skipped towards the door, bidding people farewell as she did so.

The halls and floors of SM Entertainment's main building was long since engraved into her memory, making finding all of her friends from years past fairly easy. She poked her head into one of the many training rooms and was given hugs as well as bombarded with questions from trainees who either knew her or had seen her on TV/in the halls.

She continued her visits to the trainees, giving all of them encouraging words and lots of advice, until she was finally back on the third floor. She opened the text from before and read it over again as she continued down the hall.

'Noona! Come down to 316 if you have time; I promise you'll be impressed if you do!'- Jongin

The singer chuckled and rolled her eyes after reading the message again, looking up at the top of the door to make certain it was the correct room. She poked her head into the larger than life practise room, finding herself giving an amazed whistle when she noticed the dark and slightly intimidating set.

"Alright… I'm impressed," she laughed, pocketing her phone.

"Isn't that what I told you?"

Miyong gave a small giggle. "Yes Jongin, why in the world would I have even thought to have not taken your word seriousl-what in the world is on your head???"

Kai gave her a small pout as she continued to give him a befuddled look. "It's my hair, Noona," he replied with a slight whine.

"That, is not your hair!" she snickered, doing her best to keep a straight face. "Omo… did they seriously give you dreadlocks??"

Kai's pout grew as she finally burst out laughing, having to hold her stomach in slight pain.

"I don't think it looks bad…"

"What? No no no, Jonginnie it doesn't look bad, I just find it ridiculous that they would put you through that; dreadlocks take a lot of work," she explained, straightening and wiping a tear from her eye.

"Yeah I know; when they first did it, it took the coordi nearly an hour," Kai sighed, subconsciously reaching up to run a hand along the top. "But you'll be elated to know that I'm not the most drastic change; wait until you see Sehun."

Miyong gave her junior a confused look making Kai give her his usual grin, motioning her forward with a sweep of his arm.

The two walked towards the set and Kai jumped up, pointing out the occasional spot where he or another member would stand and dance, doing a few short moves as they waited for the others to come out.

"So are you going to tell me the name of your song or am I going to have to guess?" she asked as he continued to dance around.

"It's called Wolf, but I'm sure you'd be able to tell from the lyrics; we say it enough times to be an obvious hint."

Miyong turned with a smile at the familiar voice, fully intent on giving him a cheerful smile and greeting, only to find herself going wide eyed and pink.

Xiumin was standing there with his arms crossed over his chest, a small smile on his lips. His hair had been dyed a copper colour with his bangs spiked up into the air and his eyes were heavily outlined with eyeliner making them stand out against his pale skin. He was dressed in simple black attire with a chain necklace hanging down his chest.

"Close your mouth Mei-mei; you'll attract flies," Luhan teased, stepping up with the others and pulling the girl out of her frozen state.

Miyong instantly took her eyes away from the eldest and gave Luhan a glare only to find herself, once again, raising an eyebrow at the changed look.

"What?" he asked, noticing her scrutinising look.

"Isn't that… my hairband…?" she asked, pointing to the accessory nestled in his now white-blond locks.

"W-what!?" Luhan yelped, his eyes going wide.

"I have the exact same hairband… and I'm not joking…" Miyong explained as the boys all burst into laughter.

As the boys continued to laugh, Miyong allowed her eyes to roam the rest of them.

Lay's hair was now an orangey-gold colour while Tao's had been dyed a deep burgundy. Kris's hair was also a red colour with something similar to a buzz-cut style while Suho had also apparently adopted the red colour. Chen's hair was also dyed a copper colour with his bags styled so that they seemed to wave over to the left side of his forehead while Baekhyun's hair was a dirty blond styled in a curly mohawk.

D.O. and Chanyeol's hair were the only "normal" ones so far…

"Who are you picking apart this time?" Kai asked, squatting down on the set and noticing her fixed gaze on one of the members.

"I'm not picking… but… this is definitely my first time seeing a permed mohawk…and I've never wanted to take a straightener to someone's hair so badly before either…" she claimed, raising an eyebrow in Baekhyun's direction.

The others laughed as Baekhyun pouted, running a hair through the curls.

"All of you have such… outgoing hair," she laughed. "The only one with remotely rationalized hair is Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and possibly Jongdae."

"Wait, why possibly Jongdae??" Chen huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

Miyong was about to reply when she caught sight of the last, and youngest member, walking towards them, her eyes widening.

"Sehun!"

The boy froze mid-step and gave her a shocked look of his own.

"What did they do to your hair!?!"

The group instantly burst into another round of laughter as Miyong dashed over and tugged at the occasional rainbow coloured strand, Sehun quietly whining about leaving his head alone.

"You look like a tub of Neapolitan ice cream!" she laughed, patting his hair back into place with an apologetic smile, Sehun simply rolling his eyes.

"You're not going to let any of us live this era down are you?" Lay asked with a chuckle.

"No way, And I refuse to call it the "Wolf Era" as I'm sure many of your fans will. It will forever remain to me the "Ridiculous Haira"," Miyong claimed, raising a finger in the air with a matter-of-fact tone.

"Oh boy, she's even given it a name," Kris snickered.

Miyong's eyes shot open and glared at him, dashing over and kicking her foot out at him, Kris giving a bark in slight irritation when he narrowly managed to dodge the heel of her boot.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Two updates within a week? I think yes! Just like I said last chapter; now that Daffy's back updates should be coming a lot faster for both stories(hopefully)(fingers, toes and eyes crossed)

Thanks again for reading guys~! Thank you to everyone who Subscribed and Commented and a special shout-out to I-Love-EXO, superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove, -baekyeol, BlazingMelody, HunHaney, squishyfishy, FixRate and IIVEEH for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and any and all comments are appreciated.

--Sour