Start of A Tradition

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

EXO K- What Is Love
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur~♪ Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, pu-OUCH! CHINA!!"

The Shorthair flew off of the bed with the elastic band in as Miyong sat up with a pout, her hand still on Dexter's belly.

"Aish, silly kitten, stealing my hair bands. YOU BETTER NOT EAT IT LIKE YOU DID WITH MY LAST ONE!!" she barked.

The girl sighed and shimmied off of her bed, Dexter instantly twisting his body onto his feet and trotted after her, Velma coming out from under the bed and following as well.

"Unnie have you seen China? She took my hair elastic again…" Miyong asked as she came up onto the second floor.

"I think she ran into the kitchen," Sil Lo replied with a laugh, not taking her eyes away from the papers in front of her.

"Ya! You better not be in there eating it! China!" Miyong barked, stomping into the tiled room.

The feline attempted to speed past her mother again, only for Miyong to bend down in time to grab her by the hips, the Shorthair giving a mew in protest as she was lifted off of the floor.

"Give that back you little thief!" Miyong huffed, yanking the elastic out of the cat's teeth. "The last thing I want to do is take you to the vet again because you ate something strange!"

As if knowing she was being scolded, China's eats flattened onto her head making Miyong pout.

"That's not fair~! You're too cute to get made at!" the girl whined, snuggling the feline against her cheek.

Placing the cat next to her siblings on the floor, Velma instantly initiated playtime, her and Dexter chasing the smaller cat around the room then out, Miyong giggling with a roll of her eyes. She walked over to the fridge and filled a glass full of water, walking back out to the large living room and sitting on the window seat.

"I miss the boys, I hope they're doing alright. They're supposed to debut soon aren’t they?" she asked, shifting her eyes over to her manager.

"I think they debut in April," Sil Lo replied, lifting her eyes to look at the girl over the rims of her glasses. "I'm sure they're taking care of each other, there are twelve of them."

Miyong nodded but couldn't hold back a sigh and she held her glass of water. A hard 'thud' off to the side made her look away from the window at the floor. George had jumped off of his perch on the living room's recliner and was waddling over to her. He stopped by her dangling leg and bonked his head against her calf making the girl laugh, put down her water and pick the feline up, cradling him like a baby.

"My Georgie sausage, such a cute little chub-a-wubs," she cooed, rubbing his fluffy belly. "You know I miss your uncles so you came all the way over here just to cheer me up."

"If you miss them to such an extent, I can drop you off at the headquarters for a quick visit. I'm sure they'd like to see you again after so long," Sil Lo offered, lifting her glasses onto the top of her head.

"Mmmmm… I'd really like to… but I don't want to distract them from their practise," she replied with a small pout. "I remember how nerve wracking it was when I was still practising Ringmaster and trying to remember the lyrics and dance moves."

"Isn't that the precise reason why it'd be nice to see an old friend?" Sil Lo asked with a knowing smirk.

Miyong turned to look at her manager with a small pout, slowly turning it into a cheesy grin.

"Get your coat."

Miyong cheered and stood up from the window seat. She placed George back onto the recliner and dashed down to the main floor to her room. Slipping on her coat she bounced by the front door until Sil Lo came down the stairs, picking up her car keys and motioning for the girl to leave before her so she could lock up.

"Ah! Unnie! It happened again!!" Miyong cried when she was walking towards their neighbour's house.

Sil Lo walked over to the girl and followed her index finger's path, sighing once she saw the angry red spray paint on the side of their house.

저리가!
꺼져 버려!


Sil Lo looked down at the girl beside her and noticed the tears welling up in her eyes as she stared at the ground. She reached up and rubbed the girl's back making the idol look up at her.

"Go get in the van, I'll ask Halmeoni to look after your cats," Sil Lo smiled.

Miyong nodded and gave the brick one last look before shuffling over towards the van. She climbed into the back seat and watched as her manager knocked on their neighbours door, an elderly woman opening the door shortly after. They exchanged a few words making the elder look over at the van and wave, Miyong waving back with a smile.

Sil Lo finally climbed into the van and drove off with Miyong pouting while glaring out the window.

"I'll call someone to come take it off while you're visiting the boys, hopefully it'll be off by the time we head home," Sil Lo claimed, trying to get her charge to stop frowning.

"I don't even understand why I have antis already; it's only been a little more than a year since my debut!" she sighed, pulling her knees up to her chest and resting her chin on them.

"I wish I didn't have to say this Miyong-ssi, but it may end up getting worse in the future. You just have to remember the good fans you make outweigh the bad ones."

Miyong sighed again, but understood that her manager was right. It was impossible to make everyone happy, let alone have everyone like you; there were bound to be people who didn't like her, for whatever reason, she was just astounded that after only one year she already had several hate pages online.

"I need a hug," she booed, her bottom lip sticking out.

Sil Lo simply chuckled. "We're almost there, you can smother Kai-ssi when you get there."

"Oh don't worry, I plan to!" Miyong grinned, her mood instantly lifted. "Aigoo my adorable dongsaeng~! Although Minseok-oppa and Yixing-ge give the best hugs…"

Sil Lo snickered and pulled into the parking lot for SM's headquarters, being sure to park away from the front doors so that the small group of girls didn't see who was in the car.

The older woman got out of the car first as Miyong pulled the hood of her coat up, stuffing her hair into it and playing with her bangs so that they shadowed her eyes.

"Alright, let's just go straight in, no saying hi," Sil Lo claimed as she slid open the door.

Miyong nodded and pulled on the chord for her hood before stuffing her hands into the pockets, Sil Lo walking right behind her after locking the van.

"Ah! Why does she look familiar!?" one of the girls instantly chimed once the two began walking towards them.

"She's a trainee isn't she?" another girl claimed.

Sil Lo placed her hand on Miyong's lower back as they passed through the crowd, entering the building easily when the security guard recognised the manager.

"Always so nerve-wracking," Miyong laughed as they walked further down the hall.

Sil Lo chuckled and pulled out her phone as they got closer to the practise rooms. "You go in and bug the boys, I need to make a phone call."

Miyong nodded and pressed her ear against the door. Hearing silence, she pushed it open only to find it empty.

"Unnie?!"

Miyong jumped slightly and spun around and grinned when she saw a familiar face.

"Ah! Su Jeon~! My favourite female dongsaeng~! How have you been~?" Miyong laughed, dashing over to her and meeting halfway in a hug.

"I've been very good, still training hard so I can debut next," she replied with a gentle laugh.

"And I'm sure that it'll be sooner than you think, so keep working hard!" the older girl cheered, giving Su Jeon a confident smile.

"But what are you doing here Unnie? Didn't you just get back from Japan?" Su Jeon asked.

"Yeah, but it's so boring and quiet at home, so I thought I'd drop by and say hi," Miyong replied with a smile.

"You mean say hi to EXO sunbaenims," Su Jeon corrected, giving the older girl a knowing look.

"Noo! I was going to come say hi to you guys too!" Miyong denied with a pout. "I always come say hi to you guys before I leave!"

"I know Unnie, I know; I was only teasing you," Su Jeon laughed.

"And since we're on the topic, did they get evicted or something?" Miyong asked thumbing back to the empty practise room. "They're always practising in that one."

"No, but I think they're upstairs for filming their video," Su Jeon replied with a pondering look.

"Video? I thought they were debuting in April…?"

"They are, but I think they're coming out with like…a pre-debut song too or something…" Su Jeon explained.

"Aish… Sooman-oppa you're so confusing sometimes," Miyong huffed with a confused look etched onto her face.

Su Jeon laughed and gently took her elder's hand, leading her down the hall. "I think they're on the third floor; I remember hearing music from there when I went to the bathroom…"

"Toilet number two flooded again huh?" Miyong guessed with a laugh.

"Unnie you have no idea what you're missing now that you're gone," Su Jeon whined dramatically with a small laugh.

Miyong laughed along with her and swung her arm across the girl's shoulders.

They got to the elevator and Su Jeon left to return to practise, Miyong entering after sending a quick text to her manager about where she'd gone.

Arriving at the third floor, Miyong walked down the hall until she began to hear music. Remembering the song from when she last came to visit them and they were dancing, Miyong smiled and gently pushed the door open. Poking her head in, she was instantly impressed by the fancy blue set that six of the boys were dancing on. She snuck into the room and silently closed the door behind her, walking along the back wall so that she didn't get into anyone's way.

"Creeping along the back like a thief."

Miyong let out a shriek, quickly covering so that it was muffled and spun around with a glare. "Kim Jongdae!"

Chen grinned and pushed off of the wall to walk over to her. "So what brings the almighty Miyong to EXO's set?" he asked.

"Stop smirking at me like that it's creepy and makes me want to smack you," Miyong huffed, planting her fists on her hips.

Chen snickered and rolled his eyes, but lessened his grin.

"And to answer your question, I decided to come and visit since my house was too quiet… that and I missed you guys," she admitted.

Chen grinned, albeit it was less creepy than last time, and ran a hand through his hair before motioning for her to follow him. He lead her over to the other side of the room, the girl instantly catching sight of the other five members.

"Ah, Miyong, hello~!" Lay greeted with a smile and wave.

"God we just can't get rid of you can we?" Kris sighed, a smirk playing on his lips.

Miyong glared at him and stomped her heel down dangerously close to his toes making him leap back with wide eyes while the others snickered.

"The only reason I missed is because you have to dance you jerk," she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest with a glare.

Kris huffed and fixed his shirt while the boys turned back to the girl.

"What brings you here Jiejie?" Tao asked.

"She missed us~" Chen teased, swinging an arm up so that it rested across her shoulders.

"What? Is it a crime? You guys are fun and I miss seeing you as often as I used to… except Kris, him I can live without."

Kris gave an indignant snort making the others snicker.

"Are you alright?" Xiumin suddenly asked, giving her a worried look. "You look upset about something…"

"E-eh??" Miyong squeaked, caught slightly off guard.

"What do you mean? She looks fine to me…" Luhan questioned, leaning over to look closer at her face.

"W-well… antis did graffiti my house again…" she murmured, rubbing her arm while lowering her eyes.

"What!? Again!?"

Miyong nearly leapt out of her skin form the voice and gave another shriek.

"YA! MAKNAE!!" she roared, smacking Sehun on the arm. "Announce yourself before coming up behind me!"

"But you have such a funny reaction," the youngest snickered.

Miyong pouted as the other boys walked over.

"Noona did I hear right? Antis attacked your house again??" Kai asked, a worried expression on his face.

"Y-yeah… but they didn't break in or anything, which I'm grateful for, they just spray painted the side of the house," she explained. "It's nothing too serious so it's alri-"

The girl was cut off when the dancer swiftly walked over to her and pulled her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her waist and laying his head against her shoulder.

"Stupid antis, what's their problem?" Baekhyun huffed.

"Yeah, you never did anything wrong, they need to leave you alone," Chanyeol added.

Miyong clenched her eyes shut and wrapped her arms around Kai's torso, burying her head into his collarbone, appreciating the comforting hug.

"Group hug for Miyong~!" Luhan laughed, quickly dashing over and hugging the two of them.

"Ya! I'm going to suffocate!" Miyong laughed as more and more of the boys joined in. "GUYS!!"

With a laugh they all separated, Kai pulling her back by the shoulders with a smile.

"If they ever bother you again Noona, just tell me, I'll find a way to set them straight!" he promised with a goofy grin.

"Jongin, as much as I love you, I'm sure you guys will, by some forsaken force, have your own set of antis after you debut; I'm not going to add mine onto the pile." she laughed, patting him on the head. "But thank you for the offer."

"EXO-M! Let's film your set now!"

"That's us, will you stay Miyong?" Xiumin asked as the others walked over to the set.

Miyong's cheeks coloured slightly and she nodded with a smile. Xiumin returned her smile and nod before joining the rest of his group.

"Aish, would you two just date already!?" Baekhyun huffed.

"Y-YA! BYUN BAEKHYUN!!" Miyong yelped, her face and ears going pink. "D-don't spout such nonsense!"

The boys laughed as the girl's cheeks continued to burn, crossing her arms over her chest with a pout.

"So did you come over just to visit?" Suho asked as they sat around on the chairs.

"Mmhmm. I missed you guys after being in Japan, so I figured I'd come say hi for a bit before I got kicked out," she replied with a small laugh.

"Well it's always nice to see a friendly face," D.O. claimed. "Especially when our first video is being released soon."

"Yeah one of the girls was trying to explain it to me but I'm still confused," Miyong claimed with a raised eyebrow.

"We're releasing two prologue singles before our debut in April, What Is Love is our first one and History is what we're recording today," Suho explained.

"So when is your first one coming out? Do you know?"

"January 30th I think they said," Chanyeol replied.

"And today iiiiissssss…"

"Today's the 14th," Baekhyun answered with a chuckle.

Miyong's eyes widened in horror, the boys giving her confused looks.

"Ah! Is it really!? Omo! I'm such a bad Noona!!!" Miyong cried, clapping her hands into her cheeks in horror. "Kyungsoo! Jonginnie!! I completely forgot about your birthdays!!!"

"Noona! Shhhh!" Kai hushed, giving the film crew an apologetic nod before turning back to her. "It's alright, really. To be completely honest I forgot it was my birthday too-"

"But I never forget your birthday!" Miyong interrupted with a torn look. "I feel so horrible now!!"

Kai sighed and patted her head as she buried her face into her hands as the boys snickered at the girl's strange ways.

"I know!" she suddenly said, shooting up in her chair. "You two think of anything! Anything in the world… that's within my budget, and I'll get it for you!"

"Ask for steak!" Sehun laughed.

"You don't have to get me anything Noon-"

D.O. stopped when she turned towards him and gave him a firm look, the younger boy's posture instantly straightening and becoming humble.

"Hmmmm…." Kai hummed, a pondering look on his face. "Anything I want within your budget…"

Miyong nodded eagerly, waiting for him to decide.

"How about…. a good luck kiss!" Kai grinned, turning his head to look at her.

"Ya! Kai!" Baekhyun barked, a scolding tone in his voice. "Pick something else, that's so stupid!"

"I was just kidding anywa-"

Kai was cut off when a pair of small hands cupped his jaw, turning his head as a pair of lips kissed him on the cheek. When Miyong released his face, the boy's face instantly went red and covered it with his hands, although his red ears still gave away his blush.

"Jonginnie fighting! Dance the best dance you've ever danced and make me the proudest Noona ever!" she cheered with a fist pump.

The boys all burst out laughing when he meekly raised his own fist in the air, his head still hung so that his hair covered it.

"D.O. wants a kiss too!" Sehun laughed, motioning over to the shoter boy.

"Ya! That's D.O. HYUNG you brat!" D.O. huffed. "And no I don't want a ki-"

The boy let out a yelp when Miyong turned his head and gave him a quick peck on the forehead, his cheeks instantly going pink and his eyes widening.

"His eyes are going to fall out!" Chanyeol howled, stomping his foot on the ground as he clapped his hands together.

"Can we make this a tradition?" Baekhyun laughed, clapping his friend on the back with a grin.

"Baekhyun!" Suho scolded with a laugh.

"Tradition? What tradition?" Miyong asked, giving her friend a confused look.

"Here's the deal, for every one of our birthdays, you have to give us a kiss. And if you miss our birthday then you just have to make it up to us next time you see us," Baekhyun explained, raising a finger as he did so.

"Ummm… I'm alright with that… but are you guys?" she asked. "And what about the others?"

"Miyong! You can't honestly want to do this!" Suho gawked.

"I don't want to, but if that's what you guys want for your birthdays I don't mind," she replied. "We did stuff like that over in Canada all the time, as long as it's not on the lips and between friends it was just a way of saying you cared about someone…"

"So you agree?" Chanyeol grinned, knowing what his friend was getting towards.

Miyong nodded and her two friends grins widened making her raise an eyebrow. "What?"

"I'm glad you agree, because Xiumin-hyung's birthday is next," Baekhyun teased.

Realizing what he was hinting at, Miyong's cheeks went pink, shyly covering her face and sinking into her chair as the boys laughed, Kai raising his head and patting her knee with a smile.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Yet another quickie update! I've had this one and the next two done for nearly a month, just has to fill in the blanks in between XD That being said, I'll update again with the next one soon, after making sure I'm not slaughtering you with grammar errors -.-'

Thanks again for reading guys~! Thank you to everyone who Subscribed and commented and a special shout-out to I-Love-EXO, superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove, -baekyeol, BlazingMelody, HunHaney, squishyfishy and FixRate for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and any and all comments are appreciated.

--Sour