Be Brave

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

MBLAQ- I Don't Know
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"What a player…" Charlie muttered.

"I thought it was… sweet…" Miyong replied, a small blush on her cheeks upon remembering that night.

"Well it's nice to know that my game will, very possibly, be the reason for you finally getting laid..."

"CHARLIE!!"

"Feel like sharing ladies~?"

Miyong's face went from pink to red from embarrassment as Baekhyun leaned over her shoulder with a smarmy grin on his face.

"No I do not feel like sharing, least of all with you!" Miyong growled, attempting to give her friend a glare but ending up only giving him a cute pout.

"Please tell me I'm not the only one who knows about her crush," Charlie snickered, quietly.

"Charli-"

"I think everyone except him knows," Baekhyun laughed, interrupting the female idol.

"Oooooo, Mei Mei's been found~" Charlie sang, giving her friend a teasing grin while wiggling her eyebrows.

The girl clapped her hands over her face in an attempt to cover her beat red cheeks as her two friends continued to laugh at her.

"I officially hate you two."

"Awww! Xiumin are you listening to this jerk; I just got here and she's already saying she hates me!" Charlie whined.

The M boys all burst into laughter as Xiumin turned and gave the trio a scolding look, Miyong's cheeks, had it been possible, gaining even more colour.

"Charlize Isabelle Stratos don't make me blacklist you!" Miyong growled, glaring up at the older woman.

"Oh please, you wouldn't dare blacklist me; you'd regret it within a few hours," Charlie mocked, blowing a raspberry at the younger girl.

"Blacklist? What does blacklist mean?" Chen asked as he and the other M members walked off of the floor, K going over to practise this time.

"It's something that she does when she really hate something or someone. She basically drops all connections to it and refuses to even speak about it when everything's all said and done," Charlie explained as Miyong continued to pout. "I remember when you blacklisted Lauren that one time back in grade seven for dumping water on Dao-Ming. Ooo Lauren cried."

"Who and who?" Luhan asked, giving them a confused look.

"Lauren is a friend of ours from back in elementary school and Dao-Ming is my younger sister," Miyong explained.

"You never did unblacklist her you know; she still feels bad about it…" Charlie hummed, looking down at her friend.

Miyong's eyes went wide and swung to look up at her. "I didn't!? My poor Lo-Lo! I thought I told her before I left for Seoul that all was forgiven…" she whimpered.

Charlie shook her head. "Nope, Lauren still thinks you hate her. But in all honesty your sister was asking for it. I mean, what little kid in their right mind thinks that stealing from her sister is alright?" she huffed, a scowl on her face.

"Your sister stole from you??" Lay gasped, giving Miyong a shocked look.

"Yeah, she kept taking my allowance from my piggybank and I was none the wiser. Lauren tried to tell me but I didn't believe her. Then Lauren dumped a bucket of ice water on her and I… got a little angry at her…" Miyong sighed, allowing her head to fall in regret.

Charlie's face slowly turned into a grin as she pulled out her phone.

"What are you doing…?" Kris asked with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you think I'm doing?" Charlie snickered, typing for a few moments before the phone began to ring on speaker.

"Charlie your bill will consume your soul, hang up!" Miyong scolded, reaching for the phone.

"If it means my friends can be friends again then I'm willing to pay the legitimate price," Charlie huffed, holding the phone out of her friend's reach.

"Orange…"

"Wait, what?" Xiumin laughed once the other end of the phone was picked up.

"Eeeeyy, Beaner! I'm surprised you're still awake!" Charlie laughed, bringing the phone back to the front so that the others could listen.

"Charlie what in the seven levels of hell are you doing calling me from South Korea? It's four in the morning and I have to work in two hours…" the other end growled, clearly not impressed.

"Fine, I was gonna let you talk to Mei Hwa since it's been so long but if you're in such a grumpy mood then just hang up," Charlie huffed, a teasing smirk on her face.

Her phone suddenly sang with the dial-tone making the boys all burst into laughter, Charlie's eyes widening as she looked down at the screen.

"I didn't think she's actually hang up!" she barked. "Excuse you, you swine!"

She dialed the number again but this time it went straight to voicemail making Charlie huff.

"Don't worry, I'm sure that you two will have a chance to rekindle your friendship again very soon," Xiumin grinned, patting Miyong on the shoulder.

"Yeah, Noona doesn't seem like she's ready to give up anyways so you might be forced into it," Chen added with a laugh.

"So is that how this blacklist thing works for you JieJie?" Tao asked.

"Normally when she blacklists someone she never takes it back, unless she was wrong to do it in the first place; like with our friend. But even then she's so damn stubborn that it apparently takes years to take it back…" Charlie explained with a roll of her eyes.

"Excuse you! I wasn't being stubborn I came to Korea five months after it happened and I completely forgot about it!" Miyong barked, slapping her friend on the knee.

The group laughed at the small banter between the two as K finished their practise.

"Miyong-ssi."

The female idol turned to look towards the door, Sil Lo standing there with all of their bags by her feet.

"It would probably be best if we head out now," the manager claimed.

Miyong nodded and stood from the small bench, Charlie right beside her.

"Well, both of you try to stay out of trouble," Suho laughed.

"Me? Stay out of trouble? Never," Charlie grinned, placing a hand on her chest.

The boys let out a small round of snickers as the two walked over to the door, picking up their bags and bidding the boys farewell.

-=-

Miyong quickly brushed through her hair, a smile on her face as she felt the continuous rubs of Dexter's side against her calf.

"Aigoo, Dexter I know you're down there, but Umma has to get ready for her show today so I don't have time to coddle you," she booed, looking down at the feline. "Go sit on Charlie so that she wakes up; I have to take her with me."

Dexter simply sat on the mat and blinked up at her with his big blue eyes, a loud purr resonating from him as his tail began to twitch behind him.

 "Aish… why do you have to be so cute~" she squealed, placing her brush down to pick the cat up, cradling him in her arms as his purring became louder.

"URF! MEI HWA!"

The idol laughed at her friend's groggy growl sounding from the living room. Walking out of the bathroom with Dexter still in her arms, Miyong peered over the back of the couch to see George had jumped up onto the couch and sat on Charlie's stomach.

"Get this fat mass off of me!" the older woman groaned as the tabby began kneading her stomach.

"No need to be so mean Charlie," Miyong laughed, putting Dexter down on the arm rest so that she could pick up her pudgeball. "He just wants to be friends."

"Let's not and say we did," the woman groaned, rubbing her sore stomach.

Miyong rolled her eyes and placed George on the floor next to his brother Dexter leaning over to sniff the elder before giving him a friendly on the side of the face.

"Alright lazy , time to get up and go~~" Miyong sang as Charlie attempted to turn over and go back to sleep. "Ya you sloth! I said up!"

Charlie groaned but sat up blinking a few times as Miyong giggled, reaching over to try and settle the bird's nest on her friend's head.

"You still toss and turn huh?"

"I'm a hurricane in bed, in more than one way," Charlie grinned, wiggling her eyebrows up at the younger girl.

It took Miyong a few seconds to process her friend's innuendo, smacking the blond over the head with a nearby pillow when she finally did.

"You're such a ert!" she laughed, continuing to whack her with the pillow.

Charlie managed to catch it and get it out of Miyong's hands, whacking her in the rump lightly to motion her to continue getting ready. "I just need to put on pants and I'm good to go."

Miyong rolled her eyes and walked back into the bathroom as Charlie shifted off of the couch. Finishing her hair and a final fix of her clothes and she was turning off all of the lights and dragging Charlie, now wearing pants, towards the door where Sil Lo was waiting.

The trio climbed into the van and Charlie groaned when she looked at the clock on the dashboard.

"5 O'clock in the morning!? Oh my god I'm going to be sent home in a casket!" she whined, dramatically slumping down in her seat. "You do this every day??"

"Not every day, but the majority of them, yes," Miyong laughed as the van began moving towards the salon.

Charlie groaned and snuggled into her seat making Miyong laugh and reach over to pat her friend on the knee.

"There there Charmander; it's only for a week and then I can let you snooze the day away at home," she cooed, ruffling the blond locked with a grin.

"Is it a week later yet?" she grumbled in reply.

Miyong simply rolled her eyes and watched the cars zoom by as they continued towards their destination. When they finally arrived, Miyong tugged Charlie out of the van and into the salon.

"Oh! Oppas, good morning~!" Miyong greeted, catching a familiar head also getting ready for his day.

"Oppas? Who who who?" Charlie asked, instantly awake.

Miyong laughed and pointed across the room to a sleepy but smiling Yunho and Changmin.

"Duuuuuuude! You go to the same salon as DBSK??" Charlie squeaked, following her friend further into the building.

"A fair number of idols go to the same salon," Miyong laughed, sitting in her chair.

Charlie pouted and sat backwards in the chair beside hers, her arms resting across the headrest.

"Do you want them to do anything to your hair? It's pretty dead so I'm sure it'd be OK, right Oppa?" Miyong asked, looking back at Sunhoon as he walked up with his tools of the trade.

"I think Hyoyoo's bored in the back so if you wants he can do something for you," the man replied, gently laying Miyong's head over the sink.

"Sure why not? I kinda wanted a new style anyways," Charlie shrugged, running her fingers through her bangs.

Sunhoon grabbed another stylist and asked for her to fetch Hyoyoo, the woman nodding as he turned back to Miyong's hair.

"I'm actually going to give it a little bit of a trim alright? You're starting to get split ends and t it will also help it to grow as well," Sunhoon claimed as he lathered the shampoo in her hair.

"Alright, Oppa; I trust you," Miyong hummed, her eyes closed and relaxed.

"That may not be such a good thing; he might get carried away," a new voice chuckled.

"Ya."

Hyoyoo laughed and patted his friend on the shoulder. "So what was it you needed me for?"

"This is Charlie, a friend of Miyong-ssi's," he began nodding at the blond woman. "Since you were complaining about dying of boredom a few minutes ago help her with her hair."

Hyoyoo turned to look at Charlie the woman giving him a corny grin making him laugh and shrug. "Sure why not? What do you want to have done?"

-=-

"Stupid Doougie; can't even handle himself for a single month without needing back-up," Charlie huffed, managing to close her bag again after pulling out her passport and plane ticket.

"He just misses you and thinks I'm hogging you," Miyong laughed.

"Well he's a moron; I haven't seen you in nearly eight years and he chooses now of all times to get his thrown back into jail. Useless turd…"

Miyong rolled her eyes and wheeled her friends luggage over so that it was within her reach.

After only spending three weeks together, Charlie had been woken up by her phone blaring in her ear. Answering to a laughing Lauren, the girl had informed the blond that her boyfriend was, once again, arrested for "defending his honour" as he called it; AKA he beat up a kid at his university for talking about Charlie behind her back. Although a small portion of Charlie was touched at the gesture, irritation made it disappear very quickly when Lauren informed Charlie that she had no way to bail him out, thus she'd have to come back to Canada to do it herself.

"So… before my untimely departure from your glorious presence, I have something to say," Charlie hummed as she readjusted her bag over her shoulder.

Miyong cocked her head to the side, signaling that she was listening.

Charlie reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone, flipping it open and scrolling through it before showing the screen to her friend.

"After harassing Kris for it, I now have your Bun's phone number. If by the end of the month I do not get news that you have finally confessed to him about liking him for god knows how long, then I will text him and tell him… and you know I will," the giant spoke with a challenging tone in her voice.

"W-w-what??" Miyong squeaked, her eyes darting up to give her friend a terrified look. "Charlie you can't be ser-"

"I am serious!" Charlie interrupted with a huff, putting the device back into her pocket. "You've been carrying this around for long enough that you're getting too into it. What'll happen when he finally gets a girlfriend that isn't you? What'll happen if he falls in love with someone that isn't you? You'll feel heartbroken and regret never telling him because if could have been you."

Miyong's head lowered and nervously fiddled with her skirt while biting her bottom lip. Noticing this, Charlie sighed, placing a comforting hand on her friend's shoulder, causing Miyong to look back up at her.

"You're a tough cookie Mei. Not as tough as me, but still a pretty tough cookie; you'll do it and no matter what the outcome, I can guarantee that in the long run, you'll be glad that you did it," she claimed, giving her friend a warm smile.

A smile of her own broke out onto Miyong's lips, quickly reaching up to hug her friend, Charlie returning it.

"Alright. Now get out of my country you pain in the ," Miyong laughed, teasingly pushing Charlie towards the scanning area.

Rather than replying, Charlie rolled her eyes and did as she was told. Just before the glass doors however, she turned around and pointed back at her friend.

"One month Mei Hwa!"
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*twidles fingers evily* Muahahaha. Nothing like peer pressure to get stubborn people moving along at a faster pace.

Sorry that I just kind of, got ride of Charlie; she wasn't supposed to stay very long anyways, but I feel like I didn't have her in the story long enough to be considered an actual charatcer.. :(

Thanks again for reading guys~! Thank you to everyone who Subscribed and Commented and a special shout-out to GalaxyMinions, superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove, -baekyeol, BlazingMelody, HunHaney, squishyfishy, FixRate, IIVEEH, squeakumz, iAmAnonnymous, Jeongsin, ParkSeoMai23 and KPOPCHIKA for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and any and all comments are appreciated.

--Sour