A Family Outing

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

"Hmmm…. no…no…no…no…OOO! …No."

"Jiejie why are you having such a hard time choosing a dress?" Tao laughed, walking up to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Because I want a dress that is pretty yet conservative, fun yet toned down so it doesn't make me look like an attention seeker," Miyong sighed, placing the red dress back onto the rack.

"I think you'd look pretty in anything," Lay smiled, coming out from another aisle.

"Well I know that," the girl grinned, placing a hand on her chest with a huff. "But I want something that I can have fun in and look nice in."

The boys rolled their eyes as she ventured out of the store, quickly following after her.

After the announcement of her debut soon approaching, everyone had decided to throw a congratulatory party for Mei Hwa, now known as Miyong. The moment she had heard about it, the girl began raving about needing nice attire for said party, pulling along an all-too eager Tao and a slightly reluctant Lay with her.

"What about this one Meimei?" Lay asked, pulling out a simple baby blue dress.

The moment Miyong saw it, she blew a raspberry at it and continued looking through her own aisle.

"Is this what it's like to have a shopaholic as a girlfriend?" he snickered, looking over at Tao.

Tao didn't raise his eyes from the dress in his own hands, simply shrugging it before putting it back on the rack.

"OOOOOO!! It's so pretty~!"

The boys quickly peeked over the top to see Miyong had pulled out a pastel, rainbow coloured dress with small decorative beads all along the bust.

"I'm going to go try it on~!" she cheered, quickly dashing off towards the change rooms.

"I thought she didn't want to attract attention?" Tao laughed.

"Meimei will be Meimei," Lay chuckled, walking over to the small sitting area to wait for the girl.

A few seconds later there were frustrated huffs coming from the change room, Miyong coming out back in her normal clothes with the dress over her arm.

"What's wrong?" Lay asked, instantly noticing the girl's pout.

"It's too small," Miyong booed, stomping her foot on the floor childishly.

"Ummm… excuse me," Tao began, quickly grabbing a passing employee's attention. "Ummm… bigger?" he attempted, gesturing to the dress in the girl's arms.

"You want a bigger size?" the woman asked.

"Yes please~! Do you have one Unnie?" Miyong pleaded, clasping her hands together in front of her face.

"I'll see what I can find sweetheart," the woman chuckled, taking the dress from Miyong and walking away.

"I'm very impressed Zitao, you stumbled a bit but you spoke well," Miyong praised. "Now Yixing just needs to stop sleeping through his lessons and he'd be fantastic…"

"I don't sleep during them, it just doesn't sink in for me!" Lay whined, giving the younger girl a dejected look.

The two youngers snickered at the boy's pout, Miyong's head shooting up when she noticed the employee walking back towards them with a box in her hands.

"Here, try this one on," the woman smiled, handing the girl the box as well as the smaller sized dress.

Miyong quickly nodded and dashed back into the change room after throwing the one that was too small over Tao's head, the boy giving a small yelp as his world went dark.

As he pulled it off of his head, put it back on the hanger and placed it back on the rack, Miyong gave a cry of victory before stepping out of the change room.

"Well? How do I look?" she sang, slowly spinning on her toes in front of the two boys and employee.

"It suits you; you look dazzling~!" the woman sang, despite not understanding her words.

"You look beautiful Jiejie~!" Tao cheered, a wide smile on his face.

"I told you you'd look nice in anything," Lay added with a smile, giving her a thumbs up.

"I'll take it Unnie!" Miyong cheered before dashing back into the change room.

"So which one of you lucky boys is she dating?" the woman chuckled, looking over at the two.

Lay and Tao both gave her confused looks, trying their best to wrap their heads around her words.

"Ummm… we… don't speak…" Lay attempted, motioning between himself and Tao.

The employee seemed to understand and made motions between the two of them, then towards the dressing room, made a heart with her hands and gave them a questioning look.

Understanding that, both boys flushed and frantically waved their hands back and forth.

"N-n-no! No, no!" Tao yelped.

"What are you no noing about?" Miyong asked, coming out of the change room in her usual clothes with the dress back in its box.

"Jiejie! Tell her that we're not dating!!" Tao cried, Lay looking equally as flustered.

Miyong smiled and nodded, turning back to the older woman.

"I'm not dating either of them Unnie, they're just good friends whom I dragged out shopping with me against their will," she explained with a laugh.

The woman chuckled and nodded, motioning for the girl to follow her to the cash register.

After paying for her dress, the trio walked out of the store, and after the two boys pleading at her, decided to head back to the dorms, Miyong's manager, Sil Lo driving the car.

"Why were you two so insistent on not being my boyfriend anyways; do I gross you out that much?" Miyong teased while they headed back.

"It's not that you gross us out Meimei, it's just that we didn't want to start anything before you even debuted…" Lay explained.

"Wait, so if I wasn't debuting in one month, you'd have said yes?"

The two boys sputtered as Miyong burst into a fit of laughter, holding her stomach and kicking her legs while tears lined her eyes.

"You two are too precious!" she cooed, reaching over to ruffle Tao's hair. "I'm just kidding; I wouldn't put you through that much torment."

Tao pouted at her and Lay relaxed again in his seat with a sigh making her chuckle.

They arrived back at the boys dorms and went their separate ways after Miyong thanked them for accompanying her out.

When they got to Miyong's dorm building, they entered the elevator and Miyong got off on the 9th floor, skipping over to the dorm she still shared with other trainees with Sil Lo following behind her at a calmer pace.

"Ah! Unnie welcome back~!" one of the girls sang with a smile.

"Did you find the perfect dress?" another one giggled.

"Would I have come back if I hadn't?" Miyong huffed while walking towards her room.

She carefully pulled the dress out of its box and hung it from her closet door, giving it a smile before moving over to the vanity and pulling out her makeup kits. Under normal circumstances, she wasn't really one to wear a lot of makeup, or any at all, finding it cumbersome when all she'd end up doing was sweating it off, but this was a special occasion.

Placing the kit on the small desk, she sat down and opened it, her eyebrow instantly raising in confusion.

"YA! SU JEON!" she hollered, not taking her eyes off of the makeup.

The younger girl immediately poked her head into the room with a confused expression.

"Yes Unnie?" she asked.

"How the heck do I use this stuff?" Miyong mumbled, giving the feminine products a pout.

Se Jeon laughed and walked over, sitting on the edge of the stool with the elder and sliding the kit over to herself.

Su Jeon ran through the makeup with her elder and even applied a little for her to get her acquainted with it. When Miyong nearly poked herself in the eye, a rare smile broke onto Su Jeon's lips as the older girl huffed and nearly threw the brush across the room.

"You only need some eye shadow and a little eyeliner Unnie, you have a very nice face as well as nice skin," Su Jeon complimented with a small smile.

"Naww, Kwon Su Jeon why do you wonder why I love you so much all the time~" Miyong cooed, quickly hugging the girl with a grin.

Su Jeon wiggled out of the girl's hug and quickly left to leave the elder to adding a few more parts of her makeup on before she looked over at her bedside clock.

"5 O'clock, the party starts at 7-"

"MIYONG~~!"

Miyong could instantly feel the dread fill her body as the two voices sang their way to her room.

"Unnie! We heard that you're going to a party!" Sae Am sang, hopping into the room.

"Can we go with you?" Bor Am added, following her sister with an identical smile.

"No you cannot go with me now let me finish," Miyong huffed, picking up her hair brush.

"Ya! I'm your Unnie you brat!" Bor Am barked, stomping her foot on the ground.

Miyong rolled her eyes and continued to brush through her hair.

"C'mon Unnie! Please~~!" Sae Am begged, clasping her hands in front of her face and giving the older girl her best puppy dog pout.

"No Sae Am," Miyong sighed, not taking her eyes off of the mirror.

"But the boys are going to be there!" Bor Am whined.

"f(x) is going too you know," Miyong huffed, giving the older girl an incredulous look.

"Who cares, Kai is going to be there!" Sae Am squealed. "He's so y~"

"And Xiumin Oppa too~~!" Bor Am added, a look of bliss on her face.

Miyong's eye twitched at the mention of her two friends being talked about in such a manner. Without missing a beat, she reached under her vanity and pulled out a squirt bottle, squirting the two girls on the face making them squeal.

"I cast thee out of my domain!" Miyong barked as the two cried out in panic.

"Ya! Miyong stop!" Bor Am barked, covering her face. "I'm wearing makeup!"

"Then get out and stop bothering me, Unnie," Miyong huffed, straining the title.

The two sisters quickly retreated and Miyong could hear them begin to complain about her actions to the other girls making her roll her eyes.

Miyong finished the small amount of makeup on her face and walked over to the dress that was hanging up. Quickly slipping out of her clothes, she put the dress on and did a small pose in front of her mirror.

"Heck yes. Is it hot in here or just you?" she sang to her reflection with a wink.

"You're disgusting," a voice chuckled from her doorway.

"You're just jealous of this fabulous body Saehye," Miyong snickered, seeing the older girl in the mirror.

"Utterly," the older laughed, coming in and sitting on the bed to watch the younger girl fiddle with her dress here and there.

"It looks really nice on you; compliments your skin," Saehye claimed with a smile.

"Zitao and Yixing thought so too," Miyong claimed, pulling the bust up slightly.

"Why do you do that? Call them by their real names instead of their stage names?" Saehye asked, giving her a quizzical look.

"Those are the names I was introduced to them by; it's the only reason I call Kris, Kris," she explained like it was obvious, turning to look at her elder.

Saehye chuckled but nodded, figuring that it was an answer, albeit a strange one.

"Well, I'm going to go tell Unnie to get ready and then I'm off," Miyong claimed, moving to walk out of her room.

"What are you going to wear on your feet?" Saehye called out, noticing her bare feet.

Miyong froze mis-step and slowly turned towards the girl with a horrified expression.

"I… forgot shoes…" Miyong gasped, her eyes wide.

Saehye rolled her eyes and motioned for the girl to follow her, Miyong tailing the older like a multi-coloured ducking. They got to Saehye's shared room and the girl began digging in the closet. She hummed in victory and pulled out a pair of pink pumps and handed them to the younger.

"Try these on."

Miyong nodded and too the heels from the older and slipped them on, laughing when she was elevated nearly six inches higher. She fastened the straps and played with the bows so a couple seconds before posing for her elder.

"Does it match?" she asked.

"Not to a tee, but it's probably the closest you're going to get in such little notice," Saehye shrugged.

Miyong nodded and gave her a quick hug and thank you before making her way out to the living room.

"Unnie~! Do I look fabulous or what?" she sang, doing a quick spin for her soon to be manager.

"You look lovely Miyong-ssi," Sil Lo chuckled, standing from the couch with a smile. "You ready to head out?"

Miyong nodded with a broad smile making her chuckle again, the two making their way over to the foyer to slip on their coats.

"By Unnie~! Have fun!" Hyewon sang, waving at her from the kitchen.

"Thanks! I will!" she sang back.

She got a small round of farewells before leaving the dorm, climbing into the car and heading down to the place where everyone was going to meet up.

The two arrived a little before 6:45, Miyong shrugging and walking into the building, laughing when she recognised it to be a large Karaoke facility.

"Wa! Noona!?"

The girl turned to see Kai and a couple of the other boys lounging around the small waiting room, the younger with wide eyes.

"You look very pretty…" Chanyeol murmured, his eyes wide as well.

"What are you saying Channie, that I'm not always pretty?" Miyong pouted, faking a sniffle and giving his a heartbroken look.

"YA! You are not pulling me into that one again!" the boy barked, pointing an accusing finger at her.

Miyong's broken face instantly reverted into a grin as the other boys laughed.

"But really Noona, you look very pretty," Kai complimented with a smile.

"Daww, thank you Jonginnie~" she cooed, patting his head.

"Nice shoes," Sehun snickered.

"Ya! Switch heights with me and you'll understand my pain!" Miyong barked, planting her fists on her hips.

The youngest instantly went silent and crossed his arms with a pout making the others laugh.

"Ah! Wow Miyong, you look really nice!"

Miyong spun around to see Xiumin, Kris, Lay and Tao walking towards them, the girl instantly breaking out into a sheepish smile.

"Th-thank you Oppa; Yixing and Zitao helped me pick it out," she claimed.

"And you survived??" D.O. snickered.

"It wasn't that bad, although it probably would have gone faster if Zitao wasn't browsing too," Miyong answered with a chuckle.

The Koreans chuckled as Kris gave his own quick translation, Tao pouting at the older girl while she smiled and waved at him.

"Whoa, nice legs~" a voice whistled with a laugh.

Miyong turned in time for Amber to start poking her on the shoulder, the girl giving her a confused look.

"What… are you doing?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Tapping that."

The boys burst out laughing as Miyong rolled her eyes at her friend's words, unable to hide her own smile. She swatted  Amber's hand away and gave her a hug as well as the other girls when they walked in.

"Alright! So are we all ready to get this party started!" Luna cheered, pumping her fist into the air.

The 15 member group signed into their room and walked back towards it, Victoria pushing the door open.

"O wow! Unnie this is amazing~!" Miyong gawked while walking in.

"Of course, we're talking about Victoria Unnie here; she has the best taste!" Krystal giggled.

The room was large, as it had to be with the amount of people, with a long section of seats along three walls. Six sets of tables were in front of the seats along with empty glasses and a few pitchers of water. There were different sets of lights on the ceiling, some coloured while others were a simple white, and TV screens hung from the ceiling and on the back wall. The front had a small area with a stool a microphone and stand, a large book and a small control desk.

The others clamoured in and sped around the room to look at everything, Miyong meandering up to the stage.

Flipping open the book, she couldn't help but laugh at the extensive list of songs that could be played.

"Good, since you're already up there, you can sing first," Kris chuckled, flopping down onto one of the seats.

Miyong rolled her eyes but picked up the microphone while the others cheered and sat down. She flipped through the list of songs and grinned when she found a song she was particularly fond of on the list. She plugged it into the control desk and the music began.

The moment the girl began singing in English, the boys felt slightly lost, but found that they were smiling and cheering along anyways, proud of the girl's powerful voice.

The chorus soon came up and Miyong skipped off of the stage and pulled Luna up to dance with her, the girl grinning and mimicking the older girl's steps. As Luna continued dancing, Miyong continued down the line of friends and high-fived them as she made her way back to the stage.

When the song came to its end, the girl struck a final pose as the others cheered.

"Alright! Tag someone-"

"KEVIN!"

The others laughed as Miyong barked and pointed a finger at the giant, Kris giving a sigh before standing up and taking the mic from her. She squeezed herself in between Kai and Krystal as Kris began singing.

The party continued and they had food brought in, chicken, pizza and soft drinks littering the tables.

"There are duets and group songs on here!" Kai laughed, while looking through the large book. "Noona sing something with me!"

"Depends on what you want to sing…" Miyong chuckled, sipping her soda.

Kai grinned and jumped out of his seat to put the song into the control desk. As the music started the others cheered and pushed the girl up to the stage.

"Aish, but I at rapping!" Miyong booed as her junior handed her another mic.

"C'mon Unnie! You can do it!" Sulli cheered with a laugh.

"Just watch the lyrics on the screen and do your best!" Chanyeol added with his usual grin.

With a lot of bumbling effort, Miyong managed to at least get a passing score while Kai sang Won Bin's part flawlessly.

"I say we do a group song next!" Miyong claimed, walking over to the book to see what there was. "OMO! THEY HAVE LOLLIPOP!"

"CALL!" Sulli cheered, dashing up onto the small stage and grabbing a mic. "Unnies! Come sing quickly!"

The other members of f(x) rushed up to get their own microphones while Miyong walked out to grab a couple boys.

"Ya! I need four more Shinee members! Jongin get up there you could be Taemin's twin!" she laughed, pushing the boy towards the stage. "Kyungsoo has the best voice of the boys so he's Jonghyun. Joonmyeon-oppa can be Onew-oppa, and I'll be Key so we just need a Minho-"

"I'll do it!" Chanyeol cheered, jumping from his seat and dashing up to the stage.

The China line, Xiumin and Sehun chuckled, sitting back to watch as everyone moved around, Victoria starting the music.

The group sang and danced along to the music, Miyong and Amber remaining with their arms over each other's shoulders throughout the entire song before they all collapsed onto the seats as the other boys stood up to sing songs.

As it got later on into the night, the group continued to dance and sing, acting like typical youngsters that they all were until an employee came in to tell them that the place would soon be closing.

"Aigoo~! But I don't want this to end; it's so much fun!" Krystal pouted, hugging Miyong's arm.

"I agree, but alas, we have to abide by the rules and clean up," Suho chuckled, standing from his seat.

The other nodded and began to tidy up, putting all of their garbage into the trash cans and placing all of the equipment back in their rightful places. They exited the room and thanked the employees, bidding them goodnight before heading outside.

"Well, there's our van, thank you so much for the fun night Unnie," Sulli claimed, hugging her elder with a smile.

"No problem, but we have to do something like this again some time," Miyong laughed, quickly returning the hug.

The girls gave out their hugs and goodbyes before climbing into the car, Miyong and the boys waving after them.

"Wait, how are you guys getting home?" Miyong asked upon realizing that none of them had a car, let alone one that would fit all of them.

"Walking," the all chorused.

Miyong pouted as her own car pulled up to the shoulder. She walked over to the vehicle and opened the passenger door, giving her manager a stern look.

"Unnie. I refuse to let my precious dongsaengs walk home all alone, therefore I will be accompanying them back to their dorm-"

"I'll follow you in the car," Sil Lo chuckled, instantly understanding the girl's intentions.

Miyong grinned and nodded, closing the door and skipping back over to the boys who gave her a round of weird looks.

"Did you honestly think that I was just going to let a group of handsome fellows like yourselves walk home all on your lonesome? Heaven forbid a group of school girls see you and pull you into a dark alley," Miyong huffed, giving them a stubborn pout.

"Fine, but put this one at least," Xiumin chuckled, shrugging his jacket off and placing it across the girl's own bare ones.

"You just wanted a reason to give her your jacket," Sehun teased.

The boys burst out laughing as the two's cheeks turned pink, Miyong murmuring a thank you while adjusting the jacket onto her frame and zipping it up.

The group of ten began their trek back to the dorms, a blue sedan following close enough to light their way, but far enough so as not to interrupt their last moments together.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Gah! Late chapter is late! Sorry about the delay guys, I had it more than half way done and then things started popping up and I got distracted. Hope you like this chapter as it's the last time we see Miyong as a trainee!

Thanks again for reading guys~! Thank you to everyone who Subscribed and commented and a special shout-out to I-Love-EXO, superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove and -baekyeol for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and comments are appreciated.

--Sour