Cooking up Embarrassment

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

DJ DOC- Run To You
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Wait… was it one cup of water or two? …oh dear…"

Miyong pouted while scratching her cheek, quickly picking up the her phone and looking up the directions again.

"Alright… so there are the boys, two managers and me; that makes fifteen people. Tao eats enough for five people and Chanyeol eats enough for at least three so that's twenty-one, but then the boys might be hungry since it's probably been a while since their last decent meal… so maybeeeeee… four more servings? What's that… twenty-five?" Miyong scrunched her eyebrows together in a small pout. "Ok, so if I do twenty-five servings of rice… and it's… two cups of water per one cup of rice… then that's… fifty… fiftycupsof water…" she paused and looked at the jumbo rice cooker in the corner on the floor. "Well it's a good thing I bought you for them as a debut present huh? You're definitely going to get your works worth today…"

"No wonder the others love you so much, waking up early and making breakfast."

Miyong turned around from digging in the cupboard to see a messy haired Chen leaning against the wall, his usual smirk slightly lopsided due to just waking up.

"You poor thing, what are you doing up? Go back to bed, get some rest," Miyong sighed, instantly noticing the small bags under his eyes.

"Don't you want some help?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Miyong stopped and bit her bottom lip in uncertainty; on one hand she knew that it would be taxing and hectic to cook for so many people on her own, but she also knew the exhaustion that her friend was more than likely experiencing and wanted him to get more rest while he still could.

"OK, let me rephrase that: give me the rice," Chen laughed, noticing her pondering look.

Miyong sighed and pulled out the large bag of rice, Chen bending down to take it from her and begin to measure everything out after she told him how much to make.

"Alright, so we have copious amounts of rice, so now we need the rest of breakfast… so what can I make?" She turned away from the fridge to look at Chen. "Any preferences?"

"Not really; Xiumin-hyung says that you're a really good cook so I can trust you," he replied with a teasing grin.

Miyong rolled her eyes and rifled through the fridge to see what they had.

"I seeeee… garlic, chicken, soy sauce, eggs, scallions, tofu, what I think is pork and some left over Kimchi…"

"Have you come to a deduction?" Chen asked with a laugh as he finished rinsing the rice.

"I have, and I'm glad you offered to help, because I might need some," Miyong replied with a laugh.

"What's on the menu?"

"Ginger chicken, steamed eggs, scallion pancakes, and spicy kimchi stew," she claimed, pulling out the needed ingredients and organising them on the counter.

"Woa, going all out huh?" Chen snickered.

"Well yeah, I know how rare it is to have a nice home-made meal when you're so busy, and I know how nice it is to have one every so often, so I want to give you guys one before you start whittling away to nothing," Miyong replied, turning and giving him a smile.

Chen finished with the rice as Miyong started on the stew.

"Where do you want me?" he asked, standing beside her as she began chopping.

"Do you want to start the chicken? I can walk you through it," she said, glancing at him as she pulled out a couple pans and bowls.

Chen nodded and she began instructing him on what to do while continuing with the stew, Chen asking her if he was doing it correctly every now and then. Soon the stew was placed into a pot to cook, Miyong taking over the chicken and getting Chen to start the pancakes.

Miyong continued to cook the chicken, but was brought out of her 'cooking zone' when Chen poked her on the nose. She turned and gave him a questioning look, him simply grinning back at her. Choosing to ignore him for the moment, she finished cooking the chicken and moved onto the steamed eggs. This proved to be difficult however when he poked her again, this time on the chin.

"What are you doing?" she asked with a laugh, giving him an incredulous look.

"Covering you in flour," he replied with a wide grin, wiggling his white fingers at her.

Miyong's eyes widened and she lifted her hand to rub at her chin and nose, fine white powder coming off on her hand.

"Ya! The flour's supposed to go for the pancakes not me you pabo!" she laughed, playfully kneeing him in the hip.

"I can multitask!" he laughed, putting his hand in the bag again and slapping it onto her cheek making her squeal.

"JONGDAE!! Stop the guys are sleeping!" she laughed as he continued to cover her in flour.

"Then stop screaming and let me decorate you!" he laughed back, moving her arm out of the way so that he could slap his hand on her forehead this time.

"Stop it! Aish you pain I'm warning you!!" she laughed, putting down the knife and pushing against his assault.

"You and all 165 centimeters of you don't scare me!" he snickered, this time putting flour in her hair.

Miyong quickly reached behind her and grabbed the nozzle on the sink, pulling it up and moving enough so that she could spray the boy, Chen releasing a short shriek as he got soaked.

"Ya! I had a shower last night I didn't need another one!" he barked, wiping the water away from his eyes with a laugh.

When he straightened Miyong raised the nozzle to him again and gave him a warning look, Chen rolling his eyes but evidently turning back to the pancakes and finishing them, Miyong going back to the eggs.

Just as the two finished everything and began setting the table, the rice cooker beeped, Chen walking over to tend to the rice.

"What… in the world did you do??"

Miyong turned away from setting the table to look up at the newcomer. "O-OH! Luhan-oppa! Good morning~!"

"Miyong-ah… why… are you covered in flour?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her while trying to hide a smile.

"Aish, blame Jongdae; he wouldn't stop throwing it at me… so I gave him a shower as compensation," she replied with a playful smirk.

Luhan shifted on his feet to look at the younger boy who was carefully portioning out rice into bowls, snickering when he saw that he was indeed soaked. He shook his head and walked over to the kitchen sink as Miyong finished placing the food on the table. He wet a small towel and walked over to her, offering it to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Did you two make all of this food on your own?" he asked when she took it and began to whip away the flour.

"Yeah, I was originally going to make it on my own, but out of the goodness of his heart, Jongdae offered to help," Miyong replied with a laugh. "Did we wake you up, I know we were a bit loud…"

Luhan shook his head. "No, you guys were fine. And speaking of sleep, how'd you sleep Miyong~? Did you manage to cuddle with Xiumin?" he asked with a teasing grin.

"Wait what!?" Chen burst out, lifting his head to give the two a baffled look.

Miyong's face went pink and smacked Luhan on the arm. "Don't say it like that; it sounds dirty! Besides, that's no concern of yours. Now please go wake up the others while I wash the rest of the flour out!"

Miyong marched out of the kitchen and was about to turn to go to the bathroom when she bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry I didn't se-g-g-good morning Minseok-oppa!" she stuttered, seeing who she had bumped into you.

Rather than replying, Xiumin raised an eyebrow and brought his hand up to her hair, picking up her still flour coated bangs before giving her a questioning look.

"I-I made breakfast so feel free to eat. I'm just going to go clean up, excuse me."

She lowered her eyes and quickly darted around the eldest and went into the bathroom. She managed to wash her face and hair of all the flour, drying it and tying it into a high ponytail before heading back out to the kitchen.

"Noona! Good morning!" Kai greeted, a tired smile stretched across his lips.

"Did you seriously make all of this Miyong? Daebak!" Baekhyun gawked as he and the others sat down.

"I didn't do everything, Jongdae helped out quite a bit," she claimed, glancing at the now dry boy out of the corner of her eye.

Chen simply gave her his usual cat-like grin before digging into the food with the other boys, Miyong helping the managers to their own food before grabbing her own plate and moving into the living room. She sat down on the floor in front of the balcony doors, watching the sun slowly rise higher into the sky.

When someone sat down beside her she didn't even flinch, used to the common routine from back in their trainee days.

"So apparently you're giving out kisses for birthdays…"

Miyong choked on her food, coughing as Kris laughed and patted her back.

"Aish, you can't wait until I finished chewing?" Miyong whined, quickly taking a sip of her water.

"Sorry, but really?" Kris snickered.

"Well, I forgot Jongin and Kyungsoo's birthdays back in January and stuff just kind of escaladed from there," she laughed, taking a bite of her chicken.

"Well you do realize that you're going to have to kiss a lot of cheeks before you're released right? Especially since one of them in Baekhyun," he laughed.

Miyong simply sighed and held up her hand. "Minseok-oppa, Sehun, Luhan-oppa, Zitao, Baekhyun and Joonmyeon-oppa," she listed off of her fingers. "I sent them all texts on their birthdays because I didn't manage to see you guys, but it didn't feel like enough-"

"You just wanna smooch Xiumin, admit it," Kris chuckled, keeping his voice down so the others couldn't hear him.

"Y-YA! WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND BAEKHYUN SPOUTING LIES!!" Miyong barked, kicking her leg out so that it hit the giant in the calf.

Kris gave a sharp grunt and cradled his injured leg as Miyong huffed, picking up her plate and walking back into the kitchen.

"Where'd you kick him this time?" Suho asked with a chuckle.

"The shin because he was sitting so I couldn't kick his bum!" she replied with a huff, placing her dishes into the dishwasher.

"So Miyong-ah, when are you going to give us our birthday presents?" Baekhyun hinted, giving her a grin.

"Baekhyun stop, she doesn't have to do it!" Suho scolded.

"But I want a kiss from Jiejie~!" Tao whined, giving the girl a pout.

Miyong gave the two managers a raised eyebrow, the men chuckling and shrugging their shoulders making her giggle.

"Aish fine, but only because I didn't get you anything in time," she laughed, walking over to him.

Tao grinned and pushed his chair out slightly. Miyong dipped down and gave him a quick peck on the cheek making him beam.

"I want a kiss too!" Sehun laughed, grinning up at her. "But I want it on the forehead!"

Miyong giggled and kissed him on the forehead making him grin.

"Alright, anyone else?" she asked with a laugh.

"Me! Me! Me!" Luhan laughed, raising both hands in the air with a laugh.

"Me too!" Baekhyun cheered.

"Me too!" Chen added.

"Your birthday's in September stop lying!" Miyong barked, walking past Chen to bend down and plant a short kiss on Luhan's cheek.

The boy pouted and crossed his arms over his chest as she walked further down the table, rolling her eyes when Baekhyun tapped his cheek with a grin. She stooped down and gave his cheek a quick peck, Baekhyun instantly gasping and placing both hands over his heart.

"Be still my beating heart~!"

The boys laughed as Miyong rolled her eyes, moving them over to the two remaining members.

"You don't have to worry about me Miyong-ah; if you're not comfortable with it then you don't have to," Suho claimed as she walked over to him.

"Oh hush up and take it like a man Oppa," Miyong huffed, dipping down to give him a quick peck on the cheek.

The boys all laughed as Suho's cheeks went slightly pink, choosing to take a large drink of water to try and hide his cheeks.

"Kiss Xiumin-hyung next!" Chanyeol laughed, waving a hand at the oldest boy.

"W-what? No you don't have to Miyong, it's ok," Xiumin stuttered, waving his hands. "I'm willing to accept this delicious breakfast as a late birthday present."

"I can't accept that Oppa, give me something," Miyong claimed, walking over to him with a pout. "I always got you guys something for your birthdays."

Xiumin raised his eyes to the ceiling in thought for a couple moments before sighing.

"Miyong-ah, you really don't have to get me anyth-"

The oldest froze when he turned to look up at her, only to have her lips peck the tip of his nose, his cheeks instantly going red.

"Aish, would you two just go out already?" Chen huffed from Miyong's other side.

Miyong narrowed her eyes at him, giving him an unimpressed look. Within a second, she stole her friend's chopsticks right out of his hand as well as his last pancake, putting it into before walking away from the table as the boys laughed, Chen blinking in confusion for a few moments before glaring over at her.

"Alright, Miyong's turn~!" Luhan laughed.

"Huh? What do you mean my turn?" she asked, looking confused.

"You're birthday passed too you silly thing, so we have to get you birthday presents too!" Luhan replied with a grin.

The boys all oohed in understanding while Miyong raised an eyebrow.

"You guys never get me anything for my birthday…"

"You've never gotten her anything!?" Chen gawked.

"She always said she didn't want anything!" D.O. yelped, raising his hands in surrender.

"And I don't need anything this year either," Miyong smiled. "The best thing you guys can give me is your friendship and the occasional hug."

"That's so lame though, pick something else!" Sehun huffed.

"But… I'm really alright, you don't have to do anyth-"

"Birthday kisses!!" Baekhyun cheered. "Everyone kiss Miyong!"

The girl's face went pale and shot out of the kitchen with a squeak, narrowly avoiding Chen's outstretched arm.

"I'll see you another time thanks for housing me for the night bye!" she rambled, quickly slipping on her shoes and running out the door.

The boys let out a round of laughter at the abrupt departure and finished eating their breakfast, placing all of the plates into the dishwasher, and what didn't fit in the sink.

"Wait… did she just straight leave?" Xiumin asked as he walked back to his shared room.

"Probably, why?" Kris answered.

"Well… she forgot her stuff…"

-=-=-

"You didn't have to bring it over, I was going to come and get it just now," Sil Lo laughed, taking the bag from Kris.

"We wanted to a bit more before we had to head to our own practise anyways," Chanyeol laughed.

Sil Lo rolled her eyes and motioned for them to come further into the recording room. "I suppose that so long as you guys stay hidden and quiet that you could stay for a few minutes," she hinted, giving the group knowing looks.

The boys all did the motion for zipping their mouths while grinning making the older woman roll her eyes but smile back.

"I am telling you, I was a God in my former life; look at this masterpiece!" Shumei cheered, flailing her arms around as she and Miyong walked out from the small change room.

A couple of the boys gave a small impressed whistle at Miyong's costume.

The dorky girl who had made them breakfast that morning had been replaced with a mature and dangerous looking young woman donned in a tattered black cape, fishnet stockings, black thigh-high boots, a black tattered qipao dress.

"Alright Miyong-aai, step up onto the set and we'll begin filming the director called out.

The girl nodded and walked over to the set, climbing up and standing in the middle of her dancers. The music started and Miyong took a deep breath before beginning the dance.

"That's so cool!" Tao grinned as he and the others watched. "Her cape and skirt flow so well with her movements!"

"It's almost hypnotizing," Suho agreed with a smile of his own.

"I think the vocal line will enjoy the next part," Sil Lo chuckled as her charge stopped in the middle of the floor for a moment.

The boys gave the woman a confused look, turning back to Miyong when she took a large breath before continuing to sing.

Although the line was in English, the extended two high notes Miyong released made the group grin.

"That's her favourite part in the whole song," Sil Lo claimed with a chuckle.

"I can see why; she does it very well," Baekhyun grinned.

The music ended and Miyong and her dancers froze on the set, heads down and arms out at their sides like drooping scarecrows.

"And… CUT!"

"Yeah! Go Noona!!" Kai cheered.

Miyong's head instantly flew up, her eyes quickly scanning the floor before her eyes met with the boys, grinning and giving them a small wave.

"That was really cool, I think I might actually like this song better than Ringmaster," Kris claimed as they walked over.

"What's this one called again?" D.O. asked.

"The album's called Reaper as is the song," Miyong answered while squatting down on the set.

"So are you supposed to be the Reaper?" Chen asked with a raised eyebrow. "It's my first time seeing a y Reaper concept."

The boys laughed as Miyong's cheeks went slightly pink, swatting at him and pouting when he dodged.

"I think it'll be a hit once it's released," Xiumin grinned. "You've definitely worked hard enough for it to be."

"Yeah, blood sweat and tears is what the industry's all about," Chanyeol added with a laugh.

"I'll have you know that no tears were shed while filming this song!" Miyong huffed.

The boys rolled their eyes, all of them fully aware of her headstrong nature by now.

"Well, we just stopped by to drop of your stuff that you conveniently left in Xiumin's room, so we'll be going now," Luhan snickered, giving the girl a knowing look.

"Y-Ya! You three share a room you know! And what's with the conveniently!? OPPA!!"

The boys gave a chorus of farewells and laughs as they walked out of the large recording room, Miyong pouting with her chin resting in her palm as her manager walked over.

"I never did ask how the sleep-over went," Sil Lo claimed, raising an eyebrow at her charge.

Miyong's cheeks went slightly pink and shifted her eyes towards the woman, giving her a small glare.

Sil Lo simply chuckled and rolled her eyes, walking over to the director to check the footage.

Miyong shifted so that she could sit on the edge of the set, swinging her feet a couple times before hopping off and walking over to her bag that the boys had brought for her. When a faint humming sounded from inside of it she reached in and pulled out her phone, sliding it open to find a single text along with a picture, the photo making her cheeks burn.

The picture was of her and Xiumin fast asleep in his bed with their fingers interlaced and a small trail of drool down Xiumin's chin.



'I have blackmail material, in order for it to stay between us I expect mint ice cream next time you come to visit!'

--Luhan Chingu X)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The last of the really quick updates :( I'm working on the other ones as we speak so hopefully it won't be too long before I can post the next chapter.

Thanks again for reading guys~! Thank you to everyone who Subscribed and Commented and a special shout-out to I-Love-EXO, superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove, -baekyeol, BlazingMelody, HunHaney, squishyfishy and FixRate for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and any and all comments are appreciated.

--Sour