This is Halloween

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

VIXX - Chaos
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Miyong continued to shift through the clothes rack in front of her, fully aware of her manager's protective posture beside her as well as the tittering of several girls a few rows down.

"Unnie what about this one? Do you think it'd be too much?" the idol asked, pulling the long black dress and cape off of the rack and holding it up to her front.

"I'm sure it will look nice on you Miyong-ssi," Sil Lo hummed.

Miyong pouted at her managers over-used answer before sighing and placing the clothes back.

It was October 30th, one day before Halloween. SM had announced to its idols nearly one whole month ago that it was holding a type of Halloween party everyone on the 31st, and as much as Miyong wanted to go, she was continuing to face tragedy after tragedy; she had nothing to wear. Sil Lo had told her several time to simply pick out an outfit before it was too late, but if the singer wasn't being attacked by schedule after schedule(even if she did enjoy the time she spend with the EXO boys on Running Man the day before), she would look for a costume and they'd either be bland of make her look like some sort of hooker. The frustration had gotten to such a point that when Jia had called back on the 10th she had complained about it to him, only for her aunt to pipe up in the back and offer to make her a costume. As much as Miyong was touched by the gesture, she didn't want to put the woman through that and declined.

"I guess I'll just have to pick out a nice dress or something. Maybe I can manage to contact Shumei-unnie before the party to do my makeup in a scary fashion or something…" Miyong sighed, placing yet another female Dracula costume on the rack.

"Alright, let's head back then," Sil Lo hummed, motioning for the idol to walk ahead of her.

Miyong nodded and lead the way back to their van, a few of the fans from the store following after her with their phones up recording her. The duo made it to the vehicle without any casualties, Miyong climbing into the very back seat to pout while Sil Lo climbed into the driver's seat.

To say that Miyong was bummed out about the whole costume thing would have been a grand understatement; she lived for dressing up, especially when one could go all out without any fear of being ridiculed too much. But to be honest, she didn't even have any idea of what she wanted to go as; she'd just hoped that she'd stumble upon the costume, squeal about having the most wonderful luck, buy it in a heartbeat and then prance home to spin in front of her mirror for a few hours while wearing it.

Miyong let out a dejected whine and laid down across the three seats and kicked her legs in the air.

"It's not faiiiiirrrrrr!" she whined childishly. "I want to dress up too!"

A faint sounds came from the front of the van causing Miyong's head to shoot up and glare at her manager.

"I know you're laughing at me Unnie, I can hear you!" she barked.

"I'm just not understanding why you feel so upset about it; the world won't crumble beneath your feet simply because you didn't wear a costume," Sil Lo laughed, glancing at her charge through the rearview mirror. "I'm sure you won't see Amber-ssi or a lot of the EXO boys dressed up."

"And that's their choice, and my choice is to dress up!" Miyong whined, draping her arms over and down the seat in front of her.

Sil Lo simply rolled her eyes at the 21 year old's childish behaviour, continuing to drive them home as Miyong continued to pout.

-

"Aigoo my babies~~" Miyong cooed once they were home. "Maybe I can just put you all in my pockets and say I'm a crazy cat lady…"

"I don't think any of your cats would like that, nor would some of the others," Sil Lo snickered as she continued to remove her boots.

Miyong pouted again and stood back up to walk to her room, flopping down on her bed with a sigh.

"Miyong-ssi, there's a note here that says there is a parcel at the post office. I'm going to go pick it up," Sil Lo called out.

"Alright, drive safe Unnie. I'll be here pouting…"

Miyong could practically hear her manager roll her eyes as the older woman left the house, locking the door behind her. After nearly ten minutes of being face down on her mattress, the idol sat up slightly on her bed and pulled out her phone, dialing a number and holding the device up to her ear.

"
Wéi?"

"
Jiiiaaaaaaa!!" Miyong whined.

"
N-n-no luck huh?" the boy laughed.

"
This is horrible, what am I supposed to do!?"

"
D-d-did Y-Y-Yímā's package not arrive?" he asked.

"
Package? Aunty sent a package?" Miyong asked, her eyebrow raising. "Why would she send me a package? If it's laxatives again tell her I'm throwing them out!"

"Miyong-ssi, I'm back. And it's for you!" Sil Lo's voice suddenly announced.

"
Hang on, I'll be right back."

Miyong caught her brother giving her a confirming hum before she got off of her bed and walked to the front door. Sil Lo was standing on the small steps by the cat gate, kicking off her boots while holding a fairly large box in her arms.

"It's not going to explode is it?" Miyong questioned with a laugh.

"It's probably from an overseas fan, they said that since it was such a big box they didn't want to leave it on the doorstep," Sil Lo hummed, handing the idol the box.

Miyong weighed it in her hands and found it was quite heavy. Lifting it to her ear and shaking it, nothing inside rattled too much making her shrug, thank her manager and walk into her room. She picked up her phone from the mattress and held it between her shoulder and ear, placing the box in front of her.

"
I think I just got it, should I be worried?" Miyong hummed, slowly beginning to peel the tap off from around the edges.

"
N-n-no I d-d-don't think s-s-so, unless y-y-you're allerg-g-gic to some fabrics," Jia answered with a small snicker.

This caused Miyong's eyebrow to raise again, pausing her movements for a second before continuing.

The idol managed to remove the tape form the top and pulled open the four flaps. The first thing her eyes rested on was a beautifully decorated woven basket. The handle was twisted and had gold coloured twine weaving through the crosshatching, the rest of the basket having the same golden twine as well as a few strands of red and white.

"
Woah, the basket is beautiful, should I mentally prepare myself for what else is in here?" Miyong gawked, carefully pulling it out of the box.

"
Y-Y-Yímā says that there should b-b-be some r-r-ribbons in it," Jia hummed.

Lifting the thin cloth inside, Miyong found two semi-long red ribbons, pulling them out with a smile. "
They're so cute~ They're for hair right?"

"
Y-Y-Yímā says so," Jia hummed. "K-k-keep going."

Miyong placed the basket beside her and chose to put the phone on speaker, placing the device by her knee as she pulled out the next thing in the box.

"
OOooooohhh~~!"

It was a long red and white dress with a fair amount of crinoline around the bottom and lining the edges of the red parts of the dress. starting from the waist was a fluffy apron that was clearly only for decoration, but cute none the less. across the bust of the dress were long strings sown in a zigzag pattern and tied in a cute bow at the top.

"
OOhhh, I'm going to try it on right away~!" Miyong cheered, quickly standing form her bed and stripping.

Pulling the dress over her head and fixing it on her body, the idol was astounded that it actually fit her figure like a glove; her Aunt was remarkable when it came to guessing.

"
There should b-b-be one m-m-more thing in the b-b-box J-J-JieJie," Jia said through the phone.

Taking her eyes away from the mirror in front of her, Miyong pulled the box across her mattress towards her and pulled out the last remaining article of clothing. Holding it up in front of her, the girl couldn't help but release a round of loud laughter.

"
Aunty Rong, you are so teasing me," Miyong giggled.

"
Well, t-t-try it on!" Jia laughed.

-=-=-

Finally the night of the SM Halloween party had arrived. The idols that were available were slowly pouring into the venue, chatting each other up despite the fact that it was only a few days ago that they all last saw one another.

"Where's MeiMei, didn't she say she was coming?" Luhan asked, continuing to nurse his drink.

"She's probably perfecting her makeup or something, it is Miyong we're talking about," Kris snickered.

"When she called yesterday and said that we were going to be blown away she sounded pretty excited," Kai laughed, continuing to swivel his head around to look for the older girl.

"Hey Amber, have you heard from Miyong?" Baekhyun asked as the rapper walked by.

"Miyong? She texted me about an hour ago saying she was going to be a few minutes late because she was fighting with her hair. I just told her to shave it off but she yelled at me," Amber snickered, sipping at her own drink.

The boys laughed along with her and thanked her, Amber walking back over to her table with the other girls.

"Now I'm really curious about what costume she found," Xiumin laughed.

Chen chuckled and stood from his spot to refill his cup. Just as he was about to turn around to return to the other guys, he felt a tug on the back of his shirt.

"Excuse me Mister Wolf, but do you know the way to Grandmother's house?" Miyong's voice asked from behind him.

"Oh my God really? You came as Little Red Riding…hood…"

Chen's sentence drifted off as his eyes went wide.

Miyong was fully dressed in the costume that her aunt had made her; the red and white dress now underneath of a long red cape with silver t and intricate designs sewn into the material. The red hood that was pulled up onto her head was equally as decorated with a soft white cotton lining the inside to keep her head warm from the cold wind outside. Her long black hair had been braided into two braids that fell down the front of her shoulders, tied at the end with a red ribbon.  Her normally peach coloured skin had been powdered to look a little whiter, but the cold outside had caused her cheeks to turn a cute rosy red. The costume was made complete with the basket gently clasped in both hands in front of her and a pair of warm tan winter boots.

"Wow, you look great Noona~!" Kai's voice suddenly cheered.

Chen jumped slightly as the second youngest came barrelling over to hug the girl around the shoulders making her laugh.

"I'm glad you like it Jonginnie, my Aunt made it for me, apparently I whined enough that she took pity on my horrible luck," Miyong giggled.

"Come on over, we stole a few tables," Kai smiled, quickly taking her hand in his and leading her over to the others.

"I thought that was you sneaking up behind Chen," Suho laughed as the three returned. "You look amazing Miyong."

"Thank you Oppa, but I can only give credit to my Aunt," she smiled. "Oh, but I can take credit for snacks~!"

"Snacks? I like snacks!" Chanyeol grinned, straightening in his seat.

"Ah ah ah!" she scolded, shaking a finger at him. "What do we say?"

"Please?"

"Nope," Miyong grinned.

"Trick or treat!!" Baekhyun cheered, ing his hand out towards her.

Miyong laughed and lifted the cloth over her basket to show it was filled to the brim with cookies.

"They were supposed to be warm, but I could only keep them that way for so long considering how ridiculous it is outside," she hummed, hanging Baekhyun his cookie.

All of the other boys chimed in, cheering "trick or Treat" at her causing her to laugh and hand out their cookies.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to hand some more out," she hummed, walking away from the table.

"Ah~ Miyong-ah~!"

"Oh? Oppa hello-AH!!" Miyong shrieked when she turned and came face to face with a green face. "Oppa you scared me!" she barked, smacking him on the shoulder.

"Ahh~ Miyong mianeh~~" Key sang with a laugh. "But do you like it?"

"Ne, Dragon Ball right? My brother used to watch it when he was little," she laughed.

"Mmm, Jonghyun came as Naruto and Onew hyung came as Freddy Kreuger. Taemin's so boring though, everyone dresses up as a vampire!" Key booed. "But you look nice, just don't let the Big Bad EXO Wolves eat you before you find Granny alright?" he teased, giving her a wink.

"Aish, Oppa you're so strange. And here I was going to offer you a Halloween cookie…"

"Awww, Miyong pleeeaaaaase? I miss your cooking~!" Key booed, giving her a pout and outstretching his hands.

Miyong raised an eyebrow at his begging but lifted the cloth to fetch him a cookie anyways, Key giving a small cheer when she placed it in his hands.

Miyong continued around the room, handing out her cookies and greeting everyone with a smile. By the time she had returned to EXO's area, she found that a few extra faces were gathered around chit chatting.

"Oh, Zhoumi-ge, Ni Hao," Miyong greeted with a smile.

"Miyong~~ It's nice to see you again. I really like your costume," the man greeted with a kind smile.

"Thank you, would you like a homemade cookie?" she offered, showing him the basket.

"I'd love one, but I'm trying to watch my girlish figure," Zhoumi teased.

"Well in that case I can always give another one to Kyuhyun-oppa-"

"Ya, just give me the cookie," Zhoumi laughed, holding his hand out.

Miyong gave him a knowing grin and placed the cookie in his hand, the older singer instantly biting into it and releasing an approving hum.

"What are you guys devouring over there anyways?" Miyong asked with a laugh, watching as several of the boys continued to munch on several plates of snacks.

"They were over at the tables, try this one; it's delicious," Chen grinned, offering her a ball of chocolate.

Miyong bent down slightly and allowed him to pop it into , Miyong giving a hum in approval and giving him a thumbs up. "Very tasty~"

"Well you guys have fun, I'm gonna go make sure Donghae doesn't get too drunk," Zhoumi laughed.

The group bid the older man farewell as Kai shimmied over on the bench to make room for Miyong to sit beside him, the older girl choosing instead to sit on his lap and steal a small cracker from D.O's plate.

After a few minutes however, Miyong's throat began to hurt. Kai offered to go grab her a glass of water, the girl thanking him as she continued to rub her neck.

"You belting out lyrics for your new song is probably catching up to you," Sehun snickered.

"Maybe…" she hummed.

Kai came back with a glass of water and offered it to the girl, Miyong taking it and taking a sip. The pain in didn't lessen as the minutes ticked by, and soon her head began to spin.

"Alright, which one of you spiked my drink, this isn't funny," Miyong groaned, holding her head in her hands.

Several of the boys laughed as Kai continued to rub comforting circles onto her back.

Miyong only felt worse as the minutes went by, silently wondering if she should call her manager to come and pick her up to take her home.

"Miyong are you still not feeling good?" Lay asked, leaning over slightly to look at her face.

Miyong shook her head but instantly regretted it as her world started spinning. She could feel constricting and felt like her body was put on simmer.

"I think I need to go home," she croaked weakly.

Just as the words left , Miyong teetered in her seat, before her eyes slipped closed, faintly hearing frantic voices calling out her name.

-=-=-

Miyong's eyes slowly fluttered open, the first thing greeting her being a white ceiling and an all too familiar smell.

Turning her head to the side, she caught sight of a mop of bronze hair, its owner having their face buried in their hands.

"Jongdae?" she croaked.

Chen's head instantly shot up, revealing that his eyes were slightly red.

"Miyong! Thank God! I'm so sorry, it's all my fault! I never should have-"

"Shhhhhhhh," she hushed, waving her hands weakly at him to try and get him to calm down. "Jongdae what are you talking about? What happened?"

Chen sat back down on his chair and hung his head slightly.

"You passed out at the party. We all started losing our minds and panicking and Zhoumi-hyung shot over and told some of us to get our coats. We brought you here and when the doctors look you over and gave you some sort of medication they told us that you had a severe allergic reaction to something from the party. Sil Lo Noona was there and told us the only thing you're allergic to… is coconut…" Chen said, his head hanging lower. "I think there was coconut in the chocolate I gave you…"

"I knew you didn't forgive me, now you're trying to poison me," Miyong laughed weakly, a teasing grin stretched across her lips.

Chen's head shot up and gave her the most horrified look causing her heart to break.

"Jongdae I'm kidding," Miyong smiled. "You didn't know about my allergy and I'm so used to Sil Lo unnie checking all my food for me that I forgot to do it myself. None of this is your fault so stop crying like a big baby."

Chen's cheeks puffed out when she called him a baby, crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at the wall.

"Aigoo, you're so adorable, worrying about me and even waiting by my bedside for me to wake up~~" she cooed, reaching over to pinch his cheek.

"Aish, all I ever seem to do is worry about you. You're cause me more trouble than your worth," Chen scoffed, swatting her hand away as his cheeks were tinged a slight pink.

Miyong simply laughed and patted his knee as she slipped her eyes closed with a small sigh, her lips stretching into a smile when Chen lightly placed his own hand over hers on his knee.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Halloween cuteness ftw. The moment I heard about the party back in 2013 I couldn't NOT write this chapter. I mean, who doesn't like dressing up and getting free food?

This is kind of what I imagined Miyong's costume to look like


Thanks again for reading guys~! Thank you to everyone who Subscribed and Commented and a special shout-out to superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove, -baekyeol, BlazingMelody, HunHaney, squishyfishy, FixRate, IIVEEH, squeakumz, iAmAnonnymous, Jeongsin, ParkSeoMai23, KPOPCHIKA, greeneyes1990, heartarcfantasy21, arandomperson, ClassicallyRenee, xiumxn and kohakuhime for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and any and all comments are appreciated.

--Sour