Evading the Problem

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

M4M- Sadness
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Miyong gave another sigh as she read through yet another article about her on her phone.

The paparazzi as well as fans have been taking non-stop pictures of her and Jia while they're out on their own, usually when the idol is treating her brother to a small shopping trip or lunch, and there were so many rumors spreading around about who Jia was that it was giving the girl a migraine.

Miyong hummed as she raised her eyes away from the screen on her phone. She didn't want this to get too out of proportion… but how would she tell everyone about Jia without starting an entirely new fuss.

An idea suddenly clicked in her head and she quickly hopped off of the couch and dashed out to the backyard.

Jia was laying on his back splayed out like a star in the grass while some music played from the small radio on the deck.

Fiddling with her phone for a few moments, Miyong opened her camera and knelt down by her brother's head.

"Dawww, seepy baby Jia~" she cooed, shifting slightly to run her fingers through his bangs.

The boy gave a small hum, acknowledging that she was there making her smile.

Miyong shifted forward slightly and lifted Jia's head with her unoccupied hand, placing his head on her knees as a smile slowly grew onto his face.

"D-d-do I want t-t-to know?" he chuckled, his eyes remaining closed.

"Picture time~" she sang, shifting her phone in her hand.

Switching the mode of the camera and holding it so that it was showing Jia's profile, Miyong leaned down and lightly kissed his forehead, quickly snapping a picture before he could complain.

"Y-y-you're so weird," Jia groaned, cracking one eye open to look up at her.

"Here I am, giving the world photo evidence that I have a handsome baby brother whom I love dearly and he's calling me weird; I see how it is. You can deal with the interviewers and fans all on your own then…" Miyong huffed, looking down at him with a pout.

"Int-t-terviewers? Fans?" he asked, his other eye opening to give her a confused look.

"Yeah, everyone has seen you hanging around me and they keep asking who you are. So I'm telling them you're my loveable baby brother and to treat you kindly," Miyong replied, quickly posting the new picture and caption on her Instagram account.

"My beautiful baby brother, don't we look alike?" she hummed as she typed, a smile on her face.

"D-d-did you r-r-really say b-b-beautiful?" Jia laughed, reaching up for her phone.

"Of course! Don't downgrade yourself so much Jia; just because you stutter doesn't mean you're not drop dead gorgeous!" Miyong huffed, handing him the phone.

"I n-n-never said I w-w-wasn't…" he mumbled, slowly scrolling through his sister's account.

Miyong couldn't help but laugh as he pouted, leaning down to give him a quick peck on the forehead again as he continued to sift through her photos.

"Y-y-you act very c-c-cutsie in f-f-front of the camera…"

"I'll have you know that I'm naturally cute; where do you think you get your good looks from in the first place?" Miyong scoffed, placing a hand proudly on her chest with her nose in the air.

"I f-f-figured it was m-m-mom…"

Miyong turned her eyes down to glare at her brother, the boy noticing and raising his head to give her a corny grin.

"You're lucky you're so adorable…" she muttered, glare not lessening.

Jia framed his face with his hands and batted his eyelashes up at his sister making the idol laugh. He turned back to his sister's phone and watched the video that popped up.

It was only around a minute long, but it showed Miyong dancing with Kai to Growl in EXO's practise room, albeit her dancing was a wee bit awkward looking because she was in heels and a skirt. As she struggled with the twists and footwork, some of the boys were laughing at her from behind the camera while a few of the others cheered her on.

"Th-th-they seem t-t-to like you al-l-lot," Jia chuckled as the video came to a close with Miyong marching towards whoever was holding the camera and yelling at them for saying she at dancing.

"Yeahthey're alright…" she murmured, hanging her head slightly.

"Are you r-r-really g-g-going to keep him b-b-blacklisted?" Jia asked, shifting his head to look up at her.

Miyong scoffed at her brother's words, crossing her arms over her chest in defiance.

"Of course! How dare Jongdae make such accusations with absolutely no shred of evidence! And the fact that the others are trying to tell me that I'm over-reacting just pours salt onto the wound!"

Jia's eyes saddened at his sister's words, lowering his head back down and fiddling with her phone for a few seconds.

"I'm s-s-sorryth-th-this is all m-m-my fault…"

Miyong's head flew down to give her brother a baffled look. "What?? Jia none of this is your fault-"

"If I h-h-hadn't sh-sh-shown up in the f-f-first place th-th-then you wouldn't have g-g-gotten into a f-f-fight…"

Miyong sighed through her nose as Jia began biting his bottom lip, a habit he had, unfortunately, gotten from her.

"Jia…" she began, brushing the hair away from his bangs. "It's not your fault that I got in a fight with Jongdae, if anything you coming up helped me realize that he's not all I thought he was cracked up to be. I mean, who just outright accuses someone of sleeping around, especially when they're supposed to be your friend; jerk…"

Jia simply hummed, not agreeing nor disagreeing with his sister's words as his eyes slipped closed for a short nap.

-=-=-

Miyong stretched her arms above her head, wincing slightly when her back cracked.

"I am so ready to have a nice long nap…" she hummed, bringing her arms back down.

Continuing with promotions as well as shows and concerts, Miyong was happy to have her brother as a cheerleader. The boy always remained backstage whenever they went out and would give her a big hug and a 'You did very well JieJie' whenever she got off. She never realized how nice it was to have someone giving you a simple 'Well done' after a long day.

Tha van slowly came to a stop, Miyong and Jia unbuckling themselves.

"Hold on a minute you two."

Miyong's hand instantly shot over to still her brother's movements, looking up at her manager as the woman slowly climbed out of the van.

"Wait here."

Miyong nodded and gave a quick translation to her brother, the boy slowly nodding.

Sil Lo exited the van, closing and locking the door behind her. Both Miyong and Jia watched as the woman walked towards their home, the idol instantly noticing the angry red spray-paint that decorated the front of the house.


자오 집에 가서 미용 우리 혼자 우리에 속한다!

"Aw man… stupid sasangs…" Miyong grumbled.

"J-J-JieJie?"

"Sasangs spray painted the house again, Sil Lo's just checking to make sure it's alright for us to go inside," Miyong explained. "I honestly don't understand their problems…"

"W-w-wait! T-t-this has happened b-b-before!?" Jia yelped, giving his sister a panicked look.

"Yeah, it's always when we're not at home though," Miyong huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "We've gotten several new security systems and they're keeping them at bay for now, but there's only so much you can do I guess…"

When the younger remained silent, Miyong turned to see he was giving her a terrified look.

"What?"

"J-j-jiejiey-y-you're being s-s-stalked and at-t-tacked and you're alr-r-right with it??" he squeaked.

"What?? Of course I'm on OK with it! But there's only so much you can do when your face is famous and you have rabid fans-"

"Th-th-then s-s-stop­ having a f-f-famous face!" Jia barked, giving her a small glare. "Th-th-this is r-ridiculous! You're t-t-trying t-t-to tell me that th-th-thesethings are y-y-your fans!? B-b-by invading y-y-your p-p-property and life!?"

"Jia, I knew what I was getting into when I accepted to become a trainee back in 2005; there are going to be a few bad apples but that doesn't mean that the whole bunch is horrible-"

"Y-y-you're putting yours-s-self in d-d-danger by j-j-just walking around! Th-th-this isn't the l-l-life of an idol; it's the l-l-life of a c-c-convict!"

"Jiao-Long enough…"

The boy flinched at his sister using his full name, knowing full well that she was very upset now, but he had to keep going; he wasn't the only one with these thoughts in their family anymore.

"J-j-jiejie please! S-s-stop being an-n-n idol and c-c-come hom-m-me… w-w-were you'll be s-s-safe-"

"I SAID ENOUGH!!"

Jia flinched in his seat when she swung around to glare at him, feeling smaller next to her for the first time in a long time.

"I am doing this because I accept what comes with it! I accept the heavy schedules, the cameras, the lack of privacy, and I'm doing it all because making music and friends and memories is what I've always loved to do!" she began, her glare still heated towards him. "I left my family, all of my friends, I left behind my language, my customs, everything so that I could follow this path, and you're telling me to quit!? I have no idea what Auntie has done to you while you've been living with her but you've turned into nothing more than an ungrateful and pessimistic brat!!"

Without another word, Miyong threw open the door to the van and jumped out.

"W-w-wait! Jiejie!" Jia yelped, fighting to undo his own seatbelt and jump out of the van after her.

By the time the boy's feet were on the concrete driveway though, his sister had disappeared.

-=-

"Stupid Jia… what's his problem… him and everyone else…"

Miyong continued to grumble, pulling her hood tighter over her head so that the prodding eyes of the other pedestrians couldn't recognise her face.

The angry clicking of her heels on the pavement continued as the female idol grumbled and muttered to herself. The clicking stopped however when she found herself in front of a familiar set of glass doors.

With a sigh, she pushed open one of them, a small bell chiming above her head.

"Ah! Welcome to Pastry… Paradise…"

Miyong didn't mean to be rude, but she didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment, especially when they were paid to smile. She sat down at one of the back tables and huddled further into her hoodie as her mind continued to race with thoughts.

She was brought out of her mental battle when a plate was placed in front of her, a small slice of French Silk pie placed on it with a small cherry topping off the whipped cream. Slowly shifting her eyes up, she caught the face of the shop owner giving her a knowing look.

"So you don't visit for nearly an entire year, and when you do, it's when you're upset about something," he chuckled.

"…sorry Oppa…" she murmured, lowering her head again.

The owner sighed and slid into the seat in front of her, pulling a fork out of his apron and placing it on the plate for her.

"Eat, then you can tell me what's bothering you so much that it's causing such a pretty face like yours to cry."

Miyong's eyes widened slightly and her hand instantly shot up to hastily scrub away the tears she hadn't noticed she was shedding.

"But… I didn't pay for it…"

"It's on the house, think of it as a thank you for being one of my most loyal customers," the owner smiled, taking a napkin from the dispenser and offering it to her.

Miyong took the napkin and dabbed at her eyes in a vain attempt not to smudge her make-up.

"Is this about these rumors I've been hearing about?" he asked, lacing his fingers together and giving the idol a sympathetic look.

"Somewhat…"

When the man remained silent Miyong sighed and pulled the pie closer to her and picked up the fork.

"His name is Jiao-Long, and he's my brother; younger by three years. He's been living in China with our Aunt for the last I don't know how many years so that he could get treatment for something so I haven't seen his in years. He came up a few days ago and I was so excited because he's always been my favourite sibling and he's just a wonderful person in general…"

"But?" her audience hummed.

"Well, everyone's been losing their marbles at the fact that he's been in my presence; some friends that I thought would approve of my happiness jumped to conclusions and thought he was just some random boy I'd picked up at the corner, newspapers and online sites keep making up stories about how we have a more "intimate" relationship than just siblings, fans are threatening him to stay away from me because they don’t want to share and he just told me that I should quit being an idol because of the fans… It's just become such a massive bull of crap and I don't know how to deal with it anymore…" she finished, hanging her head slightly as she poked her pie with her fork.

The man in front of her hummed, resting his chin in his palm while raising his eyes to the ceiling in thought.

"Well, you really do have yourself a pickle don't you?"

Miyong nodded and carved off a small piece of pie, placing it and the fork in .

"Well, first of all, did you explain to these friends the truth? And did you ask them why they jumped to this conclusion?"

Miyong stopped nibbling on her fork, lowering her eyes to the table and slowly shaking her head.

"Have you or your company made any sort of formal statement about him being your brother so that the sites have nothing to leech off of?"

Again, Miyong shook her head.

The owner's face deadpanned as Miyong's eyes slowly lifted to look at him.

"You're telling me that you're in this much of a mess and you've done nothing in the way of trying to fix it or make it better?"

"I thought that if I didn't meddle in it that it would die down… that and I didn't want to accidently add fuel to the fire…" Miyong whimpered.

The man sighed and rubbed his face with both of his hands.

After a few moments of silence, he brought his hands down and gave her a stern look, Miyong's back instantly straightening.

"Well first of all, I'd say you need to speak to a representative at your company and ask that they help you to release an official statement; if you tell the world that he's your younger brother and to leave him alone, then the majority of these rabid fans will more than likely back off," he began. "Second, you need to talk to these friends and explain to them that he's your younger brother, and that you apparently treasure him very much and to get more information before the leap to conclusions again about anything. And lastly, you need to go back and talk to your brother. Tell him why you don't want to quit being an idol and hopefully he'll understand."

The man paused for a moment.

"As for these fans, I'm sorry but I don't have any helpful advice for them; some of them just need counselling…"

Miyong couldn't suppress a giggle at his words, a smile quickly spreading onto his own features at the sound.

"You can't be afraid to step forward Miyong-ssi. You have to keep your head high and your will strong, because no-one can ever know when the day will come where you break. In the meantime, you must stand strong and keep taking steps forward, no matter how hard and useless they may seem."

Miyong nibbled on her bottom lip for a few moments, allowing the man's words to sink into her brain. She raised her head to look at the older man, him giving her an encouraging nod and smile, one of her own tugging at the corner of her lips.

"Alright! I'll do it Oppa! I'll do it all and make you and everyone else proud of me! I'll stay strong and only become stronger!" she cheered, pumping her fist into the air.

"Thata girl! Don't let others bring you down and don't let me down!" he cheered, pumping his own fist into the air with a laugh.

Miyong quickly stood from her seat and skipped out of Pastry Paradise after sending a cheerful farewell to the employee at the front counter.

Speed walking her way home with an uplifted smile, Miyong made it back in record time.

"Unnie~! I'm sorry I just ran off like that, but I'm back now-"

"DON'T EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!?!" Sil Lo bawled, dashing up to her and quickly enveloping the girl in her arms. "You've been gone for nearly two hours! I was worried sick!"

"I'm sorry Unnie… but I had to go and clear my head, and I wouldn't have been able to do that here," she apologized, hugging her manager back. "But I'm alright now, I promise."

"That's good to hear, so maybe now we should go and look for your brother…" Sil Lo sighed, picking up her coat from the rack.

"Jia? Where did Jia go?" Miyong asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I was just coming out of the house when your brother ran off after you. The only reason I had the slightest idea of what was going on was because he kept calling your name. He said that he'd keep looking for you and I should wait here should you come back," the manager explained, ushering the idol out the front door.

"…you took orders from a 19 year old?" Miyong laughed, quickly digging out her phone and turning it on.

"It was a smart idea and I figured I'd never get him to wait at home for you regardless…" Sil Lo huffed, leading the way to the van.

Miyong rolled her eyes and climbed into the back when Sil Lo opened the door for her. As her manager started up the van and began driving down the street, Miyong dialed her brother's number and held it up to her ear.

'We're sorry, but the number you have called is unavailable at the time-'

"Aish, stupid Jia, of all the times you have your phone off," Miyong scoffed, hanging up and trying again.

"Keep trying, but keep your eyes out on the road as well," Sil Lo claimed, keeping her own eyes open for the tall teen.

After nearly ten minute of continuously calling Jia's cell phone and him not answering, Miyong's gut was beginning to bubble with worry.

"Unnie… we have to find him… it's getting dark…" she whimpered, holding the phone up to her ear again as her eyes scanned the streets.

'We're sorry, but the number-'

Miyong hung up the phone again and instantly dialed the number again, not willing to give up until he answered.

"Hello?"

"JIA! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU YOU JERK I'VE BEEN CALLING-"

"I'm sorry, but do you mean… Jiao…Long?" an unfamiliar voice asked, slowly trying to pronounce his name.

"What? Yes, Lo Jiao-Long, he's my brother-who is this!?" Miyong barked, her anger rising.

"Ma'me, my name is Yoon Bumsoo, I am a paramedic with Sungae Hospital. I have your brother in the ambulance with me as we speak."

Miyong could feel the life drain out of her body, her eyes going wide and her phone nearly falling out of her hands.

"Miyong-ssi? Are you alright?" Sil Lo asked, noticing her charge's terrified look through the mirror.

"Sungae Hospital..."

The older woman instantly understood the whispered words and quickly changed their course.

-=-=-

"Miyong-ssi! Hold on a minute!"

Miyong ignored the frantic cries of her manager as she shot out of the van and thorugh the front doors of the hospital, a nurse instantly catching sight of her.

"Lo Jiao-Long! Where is my brother!!" she cried, tears already streaking her face.

"I-I'm sorry but-"

"NO! WHERE! IS! MY! BROTHER!!" Miyong yelled, anger very quickly beginning to replace her fear.

"Miyong-ssi! Please you have to calm-MIYONG!!"

The girl ignored her manager and the useless nurse at the front desk and dashed into the hospital, several nurses and doctors attempting to stop her, all of whom she evaded.

"Jia! Jia where are you!? JIAO-LONG GOD DAMNIT!!!" she screamed, the tears not stopping.

A hand was gently placed on her shoulder making the idol swing around.

"Miyong-ssi? We spoke on the phone," the man claimed.

"Oppa… where is my brother…" Miyong whimpered, giving him a pleading look.

"You got her right on time, he's out of ICU for now, they should let you at least go in and see him," the paramedic claimed, motioning for the idol to follow him.

Miyong nodded and quickly followed after him into the elevator. They rode it up a few floors before the doors opened and he lead her down the hall.

"He's in here, try your best to be quiet though."

Miyong pushed the door open and had to bite the inside of her cheek to repress a scream.

Jia was laying on the large white hospital bed covered in casts and gauze. Both arms and legs were in full casts and his neck was in a brace to keep his head straight. There was white gauze wrapped around his upper torso and forehead, the occasional part of it stained red. His lower lip was cut open with a large scab over the wound while his face had large gashes and bruises scattered across it.

Miyong teetered on her feet slightly, managing to take a few shaky steps towards his bed, gently taking his casted hand in hers.

"…Jia?... Jia can you hear me…?" she whimpered, falling to her knees. "…Jia…"

"From the looks of it… it looks like he was attacked; the majority of the damage is to his face and chest… more than likely form getting kicked. He hand defensive wounds as well, especially on his knuckles and arms so he fought back just as ferociously," the paramedic claimed, taking a few cautious steps into the room.

Miyong heard the words of the man, but didn't care to listen to them. Her brother was in a hospital bed.. he was in pain because of her selfishness and greed. Her baby brother whom she loved with every fiber of her body and soul had been hurt because of her…

"JiaI'm so sorryI'mI'm such a horrible person… to allow this to happen to you…" she whimpered, burying her face into the sheets of the bed. "Please… please don't leave me… I would never be able to live with myself if I lost you… Jia please...

If you wake up






























I'll quit being an idol.



___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I had the first part and last part all written up, but what took me the longest was trying to piece together the two. The pie place from chapter 3 instantly popped into my head along with Miyong's first fan; the store's manager/owner. I always imagined that he'd be like the older brother figure that Miyong never had growing up as she is the oldest sibling in her family; he'd spoil her and give her a shoulder when she needed it but wouldn't be afraid to or tell her that she's wrong about something.

This is also one of the many things I've always wondered and feared about for our beautiful idols; antis or sasangs attacking their family out of jealousy. When I heard about the hoard that all but crashed Baekhyun's older brother's wedding I was ready to go to South Korea and knock some heads for the stupidity I was reading about. I mean, really?? If you love them so much, should their happiness not come first? Unless otherwise stated, does family not make you happy?

Sigh...


Thanks again for reading guys~! Thank you to everyone who Subscribed and Commented and a special shout-out to superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove, -baekyeol, BlazingMelody, HunHaney, squishyfishy, FixRate, IIVEEH, squeakumz, iAmAnonnymous, Jeongsin, ParkSeoMai23, KPOPCHIKA, greeneyes1990, heartarcfantasy21, arandomperson, ClassicallyRenee and xiumxn for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and any and all comments are appreciated.

--Sour