Before I Go

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

DBSK- Before You Go
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You alright?" Miyong asked, her arms out slightly in case the boy teetered too far to one side.

Jia gave a small hum in reply as he shifted his crutches around under his arms while keeping his injured leg off of the floor.

After nearly two and a half weeks, Jia was finally given the go-ahead to leave the hospital. While Miyong had instantly begun to mother hen about him; did he have all of his medication, did he need his crutch resized, did they return all of his personal belongings, Jia had simply sighed and allowed his sister to baby him with a roll of his eyes.

As Miyong led the way out of the hospital, only a few feet ahead of her brother, the teen couldn't help the smile that remained on his lips at his sister's cheery state.

"Aw man…" Miyong booed once they got to the lobby.

Jia was just about to question his sister's sudden mood swing when he caught sight of the front door to the hospital.

There were a several dozen fans as well as a few cameras outside waiting for them.

"I'm sorry Miyong-ssi, it looks like they found out somehow," Sil Lo sighed, a sour look of her own now etched onto her face.

"It was probably that man nurse; the weirdo kept peeking into the room when he thought I wasn't paying attention," Miyong grumbled.

"I'll go pull the van up, you two get ready," Sil Lo stated, heading out of the hospital first.

"Don't worry Jia, JieJie will protect you! I'll beat the bad fans and camera people away with my shoe if I have to!" Miyong exclaimed, thumping herself on the chest with a determined look.

Jia's eyes subconsciously lowered to take a peek at her footwear, a snicker escaping his lips when he found she was wearing a pair of baby blue high heels with panda buttons on the side.

"It'll s-s-strike utter t-t-terror into th-th-their hearts," he snickered.

Miyong swung to give her brother a glare, pout quickly forming onto her lips when he continued to laugh.

Miyong caught sight of the van pulling up to the doors of the hospital and with a deep sigh, held her hands out behind her, Jia understanding and hobbling so that she could grip his shirt, and made her way towards the doors.

The moment the doors opened, several fans let out screams and began flashing pictures of the duo, the cameramen keeping their lenses focused on them despite the shrill noise.

Sil Lo quickly hopped out of the van and pulled the door back before rushing into the throng of screaming fans, somehow managing to plow a small path so that the siblings could slip through.

"YA! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE BEING SO CLOSE TO UNNIE!!" one of the girls screamed in rage, her fist quickly gripping the back of Jia's shirt and giving it a harsh tug.

Jia released a surprised and slightly scared yelp causing Miyong to instantly swing around and harshly slap the girl's hand away from her brother. She turned around again without a word and helped Jia to get to the van and climb in before climbing in herself.

Sil Lo slammed and locked the door behind her charge before quickly jumping into the driver's seat and driving off.

"Are you OK Jia? None of them hurt you did they?" Miyong asked once they were on the road, worry evident in her eyes.

"J-J-Just my ear-r-rdrums," Jia chuckled, rubbing his ear with a corny smile. "B-b-but r-r-really J-J-JieJie; I'm alr-r-right."

Miyong's eyes scanned over him briefly before slowly nodding and shifting so that she was sitting properly in her seat.

The ride back to the house was quiet for the longest time until Jia turned to his sister again.

"Hey… J-J-JieJie?"

Miyong turned slightly to look at him and hummed slightly to tell him she was listening.

"D-d-do you have a s-s-schedule t-t-to go t-t-to t-t-today?" he asked.

Miyong opened to answer, only to realize she had no idea, turning her head towards the front to give her manager a curious look.

"Your schedules won't start up again until the day after tomorrow; I managed to convince the higher ups that we wanted to get Jiao-Long settled into the house before abandoning him for long periods of time. They were understanding for the most part…" Sil Lo answered, not even having to look at her charge's reflection to know she wanted an answer.

Miyong turned and grinned at her brother making him chuckle slightly.

"Well in th-th-that case… d-d-do you th-th-think you c-c-could st-st-stay with me for t-t-today t-t-to?" Jia asked, giving his sister his best puppy dog pout.

"Dawww~~ of course I'll stay with you today Jia~♪ Anything for my adorable baby brother~" she cooed, reaching over to pinch his cheek with a teasing smile.

Jia made a sound akin to a whine and a groan while childishly swatting his sister's hand away from her face making her laugh.

The trio soon arrived back at the house, Miyong helping Jia to enter the house while Sil Lo went to their neighbour's house to fetch the cats. The moment the manager managed to lure the felines back to the house, the cats seemed to instantly know that their mother and uncle were downstairs; rushing down the stairs and leaping onto the couch for some much needed cuddles.

"Ahhhh!! Hello my adorable babies~! Were you good for Halmeoni while I was away taking care of your uncle~?" she cooed, picking up Dexter and cuddling him when he jumped up onto the couch then onto her lap.

Jia chuckled as Velma and China joined them on the couch, giving small meows in greeting and rubbing up against the both of them. "I'm surp-p-prised G-G-Garfield isn't d-d-down here."

Miyong giggled and held up a finger, motioning behind her for Jia to listen. Small thuds could be heard coming down the steps, Jia turning to see that the orange tabby was indeed, carefully making his way down to their level. The feline eventually made it to the ground and waddled over to the couch, sitting on top of Miyong's left foot and bonking his head against her calf making the siblings laugh.

"Did you take care of your brother and sisters Georgio~?" Miyong cooed, reaching around Dexter to pet him.

George simply began to release deep, rumbling purrs, leaning his body against her leg as she continued to scratch him on the head.

"Hey… J-J-JieJie…?"

Miyong turned to look at her brother, giving him her full attention.

"Are you r-r-really g-g-going to leave him b-b-blacklisted?" he asked, a slight hurt tone in his voice.

Miyong gave a deep and dramatic groan making Jia whine slightly.

"I'm s-s-sure it was j-j-just a m-m-misund-d-derstanding; f-f-from w-w-what I've s-s-seen they all s-s-seem to t-t-treasure you-"

"That's what I thought as well Jia, but it just goes to show that some people you just can't predict or read. I thought Jongdae was a decent person with who just had a little troublemaker side to him, but what happened then opened my eyes; he's a jerk!" Miyong huffed, crossing her arms over her chest in defiance. "And before you ask, no I will not unblacklist him!"

Jia couldn't contain his snickering any longer, them soon blooming into full out laughter causing his sister to give him a confused look.

"Y-y-you know, y-y-you said the exact s-s-same thing t-t-to me w-w-when mom t-t-told you I was m-m-moving in w-w-with Aunt Róng and G-g-grandma," Jia laughed, wiping his eyes of any stray tears while giving his sister a knowing smile.

Miyong's face went blank, clearly trying to remember this instance.

"Y-y-you were s-s-so upset about m-m-me leaving that y-y-you -b-b-blacklisted-d-d m-m-me and s-s-said that y-y-you n-n-never w-w-wanted t-t-to see m-m-me again," Jia recalled. "I r-r-remem-m-mber feeling so t-t-torn and hurt that I alm-m-most threw out m-m-my p-p-plane t-t-ticket."

Miyong finally remembered that day. Their mother had taken her ten year old self and their seven year old sister, Dao-Ming aside to tell them that, in order to fulfill Jia's wish of getting rid of his stutter, their aunt in China had offered to let him stay with her as well as pay for the classes he would take. Miyong had, naturally, been extremely upset about her baby brother leaving her for something that, back then, she had deemed "stupid" and had not only yelled at him and said she hated him, but had blacklisted him. Not even a week after Jia had left for China, a blubbering Miyong had run crying to her mother begging for her aunt's phone number so that she could apologize to Jia and unblacklist him, because she couldn't live knowing that her baby brother would never talk to her again.

"Yeah… I remember," Miyong sighed. "Is there a point to you making me remember who stupid I was as a kid?"

"M-m-my p-p-point… is that when I event-t-tually g-g-go back t-t-to China… are y-y-you g-g-going t-t-to end up r-r-regretting d-d-doing it after a w-w-week?" Jia claimed, giving his sister a knowing look.

Miyong pouted and gave him a glare making him laugh and gently pat her on the shoulder.

"Wait, did you say when you go back to China?? JIA NOOOO!!" Miyong wailed, throwing herself onto her brother and wrapping her arms around his waist in a vice grip. "I'm sorry about the fans please don't leave me already!!"

Jia gave a small chuckle and wrapped his arms around his sister's smaller frame causing her to look up at him.

"It's n-n-nothing y-y-you've done J-J-JieJie; I've b-b-been thinking about it f-f-for a while n-n-now. As m-m-much as I've m-m-missed you over the y-y-years, Korea isn't f-f-familiar t-t-to m-m-me. I m-m-miss China. I m-m-miss Aunt Róng and G-g-grandma. I m-m-miss m-m-my home."

Miyong continued to pout, but understood his words; Jia had been through quite a fair bit since his arrival in South Korea, she'd want to go home too.

"Fine… but you have to call me the moment you land or so help me!"

"Of course J-J-JieJie~"

-=-=-

"Alright, so I put everything back in your bag from when you got here. Your phone should be in your carry-on and I already turned it off for you so you'll have to turn it on when you land. I put your gifts and the ones for Aunty Róng, Wén and Grandma in your suitcase and double wrapped your figurine-are you listening to me!"

Jia jumped when Miyong tore the CD case out of his hands and placed it in his carryon.

"Honestly, I just gave you my Solo songs not a gold medal; you don't have to stare at it so much," Miyong mumbled, zipping the pocket up.

"B-b-but I've n-n-never g-g-gotten around t-t-to b-b-buying any of y-y-your m-m-usic b-b-because Wén kn-kn-knows how t-t-to g-g-get into m-m-my r-r-room and like t-t-to t-t-touch ever-r-rything…" Jia booed with a pout.

Miyong rolled her eyes and stoop back up, brushing out the small wrinkles in her skirt before looking up at her brother.

"Alright you, c'mere and give me a hug," she sighed, walking closer to him with her arms out.

Managing to balance himself on his good foot, Jia opened his own arms and returned his sister's hug, resting his temple on the top of her head while she rubbed his back.

The siblings stood like that for what seemed like hours, simply soaking in what they could of each other before they'd have to part. They eventually separated and Miyong hastily wiped away the tears that were collecting in the corners of her eyes.

"Naww~ J-J-JieJie p-p-please d-d-don't cry; y-y-you'll make m-m-me cry," Jia whimpered, reaching out to brush away a stray tear.

"I'm not crying you dope, I've got makeup in my eye," she whimpered, finally managing to dry her face without damaging her mascara too much.

'Flight 399 to Chengdu, China is now boarding. Please have your passport and luggage ready. Thank you'

Miyong picked up Jia's two suitcases and wheeled them over to the check in, running through the entire ordeal and finally returning to her brother to hand him his carryon.

"N-n-now J-J-JieJie, y-y-you have to r-r-remember y-y-your p-p-promise," Jia began giving her a knowing and slightly scolding look.

Miyong rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest with a defiant pout.

"JieJie…"

"I'm kidding! Yes I promise I won't forget," Miyong laughed, uncrossing her arms and giving her brother a smile.

Jia rolled his eyes and fixed his bag onto his back before mounting his crutches again.

"Now since I'm not going to forget my promise, you can't forget yours!" Miyong scolded as they walked towards the gate for his plane.

"Yes J-J-JieJie; I'll c-c-call you as s-s-soon as I land," Jia laughed.

Not wanting to extend their goodbye any longer, Miyong stopped a few feet away from the ticket booth, watching her brother hand the attendant his ticket before he was motioned to enter. Jia turned around to give his sister one final smile and wave before he made his way onto the plane.

"You're not going to pout for two days like you did when your Canadian friend came and went are you?" Sil Lo asked, a teasing tone in her voice as she walked up to her charge.

"Nah, I think I'll be alright as long as he calls me to tell me he made it safe," Miyong hummed. "Alright Unnie, let's go~!"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Miyong and Jia cuteness and Jia returning home~ I dunno, even though you could class this as a filler chapter I feel happy about having all of this happen... you'll find out why later >:)

Thanks again for reading guys~! Thank you to everyone who Subscribed and Commented and a special shout-out to superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove, -baekyeol, BlazingMelody, HunHaney, squishyfishy, FixRate, IIVEEH, squeakumz, iAmAnonnymous, Jeongsin, ParkSeoMai23, KPOPCHIKA, greeneyes1990, heartarcfantasy21, arandomperson, ClassicallyRenee, xiumxn and kohakuhime for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and any and all comments are appreciated.

--Sour