Meet Charlie

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

BoA- Girls on Top
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"You're a girl!?!" The boys yelped, not believing their ears.

Miyong and Charlie separated and Charlie gave them a baffled look. Without missing a beat, she reached down and pulled the rim of her pants out and looked in.

"Well what do ya know…" she mock gapped.

"Put that back!" Miyong scolded, smacking her friend's hand. "Wait… did you just speak Korean??"

"Why, are you proud of me~♪?" Charlie grinned, leaning her tall frame down so that her face was level with Miyong's.

"And you grew too you jerk! I thought I told you you weren't allowed!"

Charlie simply chuckled as the smaller girl began smacking her on the arm. She reached out and held Miyong out at arm's length, the idol's short arms unable to reach her, and gave the 12 boys a bow.

"It's nice to meet you, my name's Charlie Stratos," she introduced, a crooked grin stretched across her lips. "And yes, I'm a female of the human species."

"Sorry… we just…" Suho stumbled, clearly embarrassed.

"We heard your voice on the computer and thought you were a guy…" Baekhyun chuckled, rubbing the back of his head with an apologetic smile.

"See, I told out I sounded like a bullfrog!" Charlie whined. "I'm trashing that stupid microphone as soon as I get back home!"

Charlie was the absolute epitome or androgynous appearing; she was tall and lean, more than half a head taller than Miyong, and had absolutely no curvature to her body. Her white blond hair was styled on the top of her head so that it was brushed over to the right side of her head, partially covering her right eye while her eyes were surrounded by dark eyeliner. She had a single bar through her left eyebrow and a ring through the middle of her bottom lip.

"Charlie, these are the boys," Miyong began, snapping them out of their trance. "Meet Chanyeol, Luhan, Joonmyeon, Sehun, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Jongin, Minseok, Kris, Yixing, Jongdae and Zitao."

"Are you guys really OK with her calling you by your real names like that?" Charlie laughed, pointing to the girl while looking at the idols.

"Even if we weren't she'd do it anyways," Chen snickered.

"OK seriously, how come you speak almost fluent Korean?" Miyong questioned, giving her friend a suspicious look.

"I'll have you know that the moment I heard you were going to become an idol over in Korea I refused to be outdone by you, so I learned just to try and show you up," Charlie boasted, placing her hand on her chest with a toothy grin.

"You learned from Google translate didn't you…?"

"Don't judge me!"

The boys couldn't help but chuckle at the conversation.

"So, I'm assuming that you are a friend of Miyong's from Canada?" Suho spoke, taking a small step forward.

"Oo! Tell us all of her secrets!" Chanyeol chirped, his usual grin on his face.

"I need black-mail material!" Baekhyun added.

"DO YOU MIND!?" Miyong barked, stepping forward and smacking them on the shoulders.

"I can tell you, through a game…" Charlie claimed, a smirk growing on her face.

"Please tell me it's not Reveal Your Secrets…" D.O. whined, still remembering when the others had made him play when he became a trainee.

Charlie gave him a confused look before turning to Miyong with a glare. "Have you been stealing my game?"

Miyong gave the taller girl a cheesy grin and framed her face with her hands. "I love you~~"

"Wait… your game?" Luhan questioned.

"Yeah, I'm the one who made up Reveal Your Secrets, we played it whenever my family had one of those really big get togethers for Christmas or Thanksgiving," Charlie replied with a nod. "I taught it to Mei Hwa when we were in elementary school because we were bored during an assembly one time."

"So does that mean we can blame you for the torture we had to go through when each of us were first introduced to her?" Luhan laughed, nodding in Miyong's direction.

"I don't understand why you guys didn't like it; I thought it was fun," Kai laughed.

"That's because you always got the low cards!" Tao whined with a pout.

The group gave a round of short laughs when Kris gave a cough.

"So, do you know us? Other than just meeting us now," M's leader asked, motioning to the group of boys.

Charlie turned to look down at Miyong, the girl already hiding her grin behind the back of her hand.

"Do it."

"But I'm not wearing the right pants," Charlie booed, tugging at her cargo pants. "They won't work as good as if I had my parachutes…"

"You do not still have those things oh my god!" Miyong groaned, placing her face in her hands.

"What? Oh come on they were a gift from your dad what was I supposed to do?" Charlie laughed.

"Umm…"

The girls turned away from each other to see that all of the boys were giving them confused looks.

"Sorry, just plotting," Charlie laughed, taking a few steps forward.

She turned around so that her back was facing them and put her hands in her pockets, the boys instantly grinning at the familiar stance. Without music, Charlie began dancing to History, her shoes squeaking on the floor as she danced.

"I keep messing up!!" Charlie laughed, continuing to run through the dance.

With a laugh, Kai ran up beside her and danced with her, Lay, Luhan and Sehun doing so as well as Miyong and the others began clapping and laughing along.

The quintet managed to finish the dance with no casualties, Charlie slapping her hands over her face in embarrassment.

"I have never felt so ashamed in my life," she groaned with a small laugh.

"Don't feel ashamed Noona, you did very well," Kai laughed, patting her on the shoulder.

"Wait… It's kind of obvious that you're Noona to Kai and Sehun, but how old are you?" Chen asked.

"I'm older than everyone except for Xiumin," Charlie laughed, motioning to the eldest. "My birthday's April 1st, 1990."

"Whoa~! You're old~!" Chanyeol gawked. "AND tall…"

"Chanyeol!" Miyong shrieked, slapping him on the arm with a glare. "That’s my friend and your Noona; stop being rude!"

"Just ignore him Noona, he's a bit of a dope," Baekhyun snickered.

"Ya! You're supposed to be on my side!" Chanyeol whined, hiding behind his friend as Miyong continued to glare at him.

"So are you ladies going to stay or…?" Kris asked with a slight laugh.

"Unless you have somewhere to go…" Charlie hummed, looking down at her friend.

"We should stay, you can see what's it's like for a bigger group to practise rather than watching this poor soloist pout all alone on the stage," Miyong laughed.

"Aww, I'd be in a duo with you Noona~!" Kai cooed with a laugh. "You can sing and I can dance."

"You'd need a rapper though wouldn't you?" Charlie asked with a chuckle.

"Psh, everyone raps now a days, and it's so boring," Miyong huffed with a roll of her eyes.

"Oi! I'm a rapper!" Chanyeol barked.

"It helps him to sleep at night to think that that's a good thing," Miyong snickered, speaking behind her hand to her friend as the giant laughed.

"I HEARD THAT!"

"Merong~"

The boys all burst into laughed, Chen and Baekhyun patting Chanyeol on the shoulders as Miyong totted her friend off to the side to that they could sit on one of the benches along the wall.

"Well, how about we practice first and get it out of the way?" Luhan suggested, already walking towards the center of the room.

"Miyong-ah, you're not going to up and disappear this time are you?" Xiumin laughed as he followed the others. "If you're going to leave say bye; we missed you."

"O-ok Oppa!" Miyong stammered, her cheeks going slightly pink. "Sorry about that, but I had to go before Unnie started breathing fire…"

"Well maybe if you'd learn how to read your schedule…"

"Ya! Kim Jongdae are you calling me dumb!?" Miyong barked, giving her friend a glare.

"No I'm just saying you can't read!" he laughed, quickly dashing away from the other members as she shot towards him.

"Ya! Miyong stop chasing Chen we need to practice!" Kris scolded as the two dashed around the room.

The others simply continued to laugh as the two kept running around. Miyong was just about to grab onto the back of Chen's shirt when a pair of arms wrapped around her waist, stopping her in her tracks and allowing Chen to hide behind some of the other boys.

"Now now Miyong. Charlie is over there pouting and we need to practice; two birds with one stone," Xiumin laughed.

Miyong's cheeks burned as her eyes instantly lowered to her toes. Xiumin released her waist and turned her so that she could see that, indeed, Charlie was pouting on the bench.

"Charmander I'm sorryyyy~" she cooed, dashing over and sitting on the older girl's lap while hugging her head. "I love you I promise!"

The boys snickered as Miyong continued to coddle her friend, Charlie simply rolling her eyes and moving the idol off of her lap and onto the bench, Miyong shifting around to fix her clothes. The music began playing and M got into their formation as the girls and K watched.

"Soooo… when are you going to tell him?" Charlie asked out of the blue.

Miyong gave her friend a confused look, turning her eyes away from the dancing group. "Tell who what?"

"Tell the Bun that you like his buns~" the older girl teased, giving her a suggestive wiggle of her eyebrows.

"Ch-Charlie!!" Miyong yelped, her face instantly going pink. "Why would you say such a thing!?"

"Because you're obvious," she grinned.

"I am not!"

"You didn't deny it~♪" Charlie sang.

Miyong whined and covered her now red face with her hands, Charlie letting out a snort. The older shuffled over so that she sat only inches away from her friend and leaned closer.

"So, tell me everything." When Miyong peeked out from behind her fingers with a questioning look Charlie rolled her eyes. "How and when did you start liking him!?" she hissed, wary of the boys dancing up on the floor only feet away.

Had it been possible, Miyong's face would have gained even more colour, her eyes softening and a soft smile spreading onto her lips.








"It was back in 2008…"


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry for the short chapter guys, but don't worry, the next one will be longer~!

Wow, Daffy and I almost posted on the same day! We're getting back in sync with each other huzzah~! Anywho, I have the next several chapter planned out so updates should be coming a wee bit faster for a bit.

Thanks again for reading guys~! Thank you to everyone who Subscribed and Commented and a special shout-out to I-Love-EXO, superkitkat, hiJaeMi, DeiDeilove, -baekyeol, BlazingMelody, HunHaney, squishyfishy, FixRate, IIVEEH, squeakumz, iAmAnonnymous, Jeongsin and ParkSeoMai23 for Voting and Subscribing. You guys are all awesome and any and all comments are appreciated.

--Sour