Prologue: Welcome to the Family

From Nobody to Somebody[HIATUS]

MBLAQ- Different Beginning
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Now you have no need to be nervous Kris, the trainees are all very welcoming and I have no doubt that you'll easily make friends," Lee Sooman claimed, walking the 17 year old down the hall.

Kris nodded and kept pace with the man, trying his best to memorize the way they were walking for future reference.

The two soon came to a set of doors, the president pushing them open to show a room full of teens roughly around Kris's age.

"Everyone, if I could have your attention please," Sooman called, raising his hand once he walked further into the room.

The kids quieted down from their chatter and looked over at the two new bodies in the room.

"I would like to introduce Kris; he is our newest cast member from Canada." He paused to allow the kids to slide their eyes over to the teen beside him. "He will be joining all of you as trainees, so please do your best to make him feel welcome."

The others gave a chorus of understanding and Sooman gave Kris a pat on the shoulder before moving out of the practise room.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Kris-ssi~!" one of the boys laughed, walking up to him. "My name's Kim Kibum, but you can call me Key," he introduced with brittle English.

The teen gave an awkward bow and shook his sunbae's hand with a nervous smile, Key laughing while a couple others walked up.

"Ah! Kris-oppa! Of all the times you had to come and say your first hello to everyone!!" one of the girls booed with a pout.

"Ya! Sulli, that's not very nice!" one of the other boys scolded.

"But Unnie's not here! She loves meeting new trainees!" Sulli whined, stomping her foot on the floor.

"We could always bring him over to meet her," Key laughed, giving Kris a smile.

Kris simply continued to give the Koreans a round of confused looks, one of the younger boys reaching up to pat him on the shoulder.

"Come on Oppa! I'll take you to meet her!" Sulli cheered, quickly grabbing his wrist and tugging him out of the room with her.

"Ya! Sulli I want to come too!" one of the others girls laughed, dashing after the two.

A couple other kids tagged along as Sulli pulled Kris down the halls.

"She's just in here," the girl whispered, gently pushing the door open once they reached.

As the door opened, a soft piano melody drifted into the hall, followed by a young female voice.

The group all poked their heads into the room to see two men sitting behind a sound board as a girl sang in the recording room. As she continued to sing, her eyes stayed closed allowing herself to become absorbed in the song.

"Isn't Unnie amazing~" Sulli cooed, clasping her hands together.

"She's going to be the next BoA-Unnie, Sooman-Oppa said so!" the other girl, Luna added.

The song ended and Sulli pushed the door open and began clapping while bouncing on her feet.

"Unnie daebak~!" she cheered with a wide grin.

The girl noticed the group by the door and laughed, pulling the headphones off of her ears and exiting the room. "Shouldn't you guys be in the practise room?"

"Yeah, but we all know how much you love meeting new trainees, so we brought him over as soon as we could~!" Luna cheered, giving Kris a small nudge forwards.

The girl couldn't have been any younger than Kris by a couple years if not less, her face slim with a smile stretched across her lips. What caught him slightly off guard were her eyes; they were wide and seemed to shine with curiosity and kindness, making a smile break out onto Kris's lips.

"You're Kris right? I heard through the grapevine that someone from Canada was coming to train with us," the girl laughed, extending her hand with a wide smile. "My name's Lo Mei Hwa."

Kris was more than a little stunned at the girl's flawless English, allowing his hand to stretch out and shake hers while she laughed.

"What's the matter, cat got your tongue?" she giggled. "Don't worry, I don't bite…. hard," she teased with a wink.

Kris shook his head and chuckled, shaking her hand back.

"No, it'll just be nice to have someone else who I can talk to without potentially calling them a whale."

"Well, you don't have to worry about that when you're with us," Mei Hwa smiled, allowing Sulli to bounce up and hug her.
 
"Welcome to the family Kris."