Chapter 9

Mr. Stalker

IT had been weeks since Kayla received the gifts from her so-called secret admirer, but that day she found a handwritten paper placed under her books.

‘Could you meet me at the rooftop garden after class? I've got something to tell you.’

        That’s all. And Kayla could still remember the handwriting of that boy. It was the same as in the previous ones. She stood at her desk motionless until Haeri came beside her.

        “What’s up?” She saw the paper in Kayla’s hand and took it. Her eyes were rolled in shock as she couldn’t believe what had she read. “Really?! You’re going to meet your secret admire??! Oh my God!”

        But, Kayla didn’t give any responses at all. No smile, no nervous face. She seemed to like being possessed and sat quietly at her place. The thing that was in her mind right now was Kai. She was worried because Kai hadn’t been in the college for about two days. Suho said that he went back to his hometown in Jeju.

        “Hello!” Haeri waved her hand in front of Kayla and took her back into reality. “What’s wrong with you? You seemed like didn’t have the spirit and barely give any responses.” Haeri said. She never saw Kayla be like that unless she had a problem that needed to be thought of.

        “Regarding this, do you want me to accompany you after the class?” She continued and looked at Kayla.

        Kayla turned to face her and shook her head. “No need. I could go by myself. You can go home, and if there’s any problem, I’ll text you.” Kayla took her bag and walked out of the lecture room. Haeri could only saw her best friend walked away and vanished from her sight.

* *

        Kayla was looking at the view of the city from the rooftop when someone suddenly hugged her from behind.

        “Don’t turn back. I just want to see you for a moment.” A familiar voice echoed into her ears.

        ‘Is this..’ Kayla had the thought in her mind. ‘It couldn’t be him, but the voice was familiar though.’

        The boy continued and still didn’t let Kayla go from his arms. “I just want to confess and tell you that I had fallen for you. I like you, Kayla.”

        When her name being said by the boy, she turned back, and something that she couldn’t imagine had happened. They accidentally kissed. Yet, they stayed like that for a moment. She froze at her place and her eyes didn’t even blink when she looked at the boy. She pushed him hard and before she could say anything, Kai ran and left her behind.

        “Kai??!” That name slipped out of . She couldn’t believe the thing that had happened. Just now, she was kissing with Kai? And Kai had confessed to her?

        “And, he said that he likes me?” There were so many questions that needed to be answered. And the one that bothered her most was she didn’t even imagine that she would kiss him. She brought her finger and touched her lips. “He had stolen my first kiss, too.”

 

To be continued~