Chapter 25

Mr. Stalker

AFTER finished dinner, Kayla joined her father at the living room to watch the news. But, it was not her real intention. Instead, she had something to ask him.

        “Dad..”

        “Wae?” He asked, but his eyes were still stuck on the television. “Anything that I can do for you, dear?”

        At first, Kayla was stuttered and hesitated to ask him. But, she braced herself up and went closer to her father.

        “Dad, can I go out for a while? I need to go to a friend’s house.”

        That time, Mr. Park got his eyes on his daughter’s face. “Do you want me to send you there?”

        “No need! Because, I can go by myself..Yes..” Kayla grinned and was hoping that her father would allow her to go out alone on that night.

        “Okay, but please take a good care of yourself. If you have any problem, just call me, arasso?” He smiled and gave a gently pat on her head.

        “Arasso! Thanks dad!” She gave him a big hug and ran towards the main door. “See you soon, dad! And don’t forget to send my regards to mom.”

        She thought it was the right time for her to go out, as Mrs. Park was at the hospital, paying her sick friend a visit. Before stepped out from the house, she made sure that she didn’t forget to take the blue umbrella along with her.

        Few minutes later, she arrived at the bus stop that located only two blocks away from her house, and she managed to hop on the bus on time and it started moving as she found herself an empty seat.

        “Holy crap! How am I supposed to go to his house? I didn’t even know the address!” She knocked her head in embarrassment. ‘Pabo!’

        Suddenly, her phone rang and Haeri’s name was displayed on the screen. She quickly picked up the call and crossed her fingers, hoping that Haeri could be able to help her.

        “Hye, Kayla. What’s up? Are you already asleep?” Haeri asked from the end of the line.

        “Pabo-ya! How can I answer if I am sleeping?” She then could hear Haeri chuckled.

        “And by the way, thank God you called me. I need to ask you something.”

        “Huh? But I need to tell you something important that you should...”

        Kayla didn’t care about the things that Haeri wanted to tell as for her, the thing that she needed to know was more important.

        “Can you give me the address of Kai’s house? I mean, WOLF’s house. Maybe...you know it?”

        “..You want...WHAT??”

        For a second, Kayla’s left ear was deaf by Haeri’s high pitch screaming and she brought the phone away from her ear.

        “No way! Are you going over to their place?” Haeri asked in disbelief. “Can I go along with you? Please, please, please!”

        Kayla sighed. She acknowledged that Haeri is one of WOLF’s hardcore fans, as she really adores Baekhyun. Of course Haeri wants to go with her but; she knew that she couldn’t bring her. Otherwise, Kayla might get both of them in a big trouble, causing chaos at the Hallyu’s neighbourhood.

        “No.” Kayla said strictly. “I need it now, Haeri. And don’t worry, I’ll send your regards to Baekhyun oppa.”

        Once again, Haeri screamed at the top of her voice and thanked Kayla, and accidentally hung up the phone.

        “Yah!” She screamed at the phone and had drawn some attention from the bus passengers. They thought she might have some mental problems, and Kayla looked back at them while smiling.

        ‘Haeri, just wait!’

        Suddenly, she saw an incoming message from Haeri.

        Human Starville Cheongdam Residence
        5-25, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu
        Room no: 12-3

        Good luck!

        Minutes later, the bus turned into Gangnam district and she got down at the bus stop in front of a condominium complex.

        “Human Starville..” She looked up and took a glance at her phone’s screen. “This is the place.”

        Then, another message came in.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you. Earlier at college, Suho sunbae went into a fight with Ilhoon. Jiyoung told me.

* *

        She fastened her pace and dashed into the condominium lobby. A lift slid opened at the moment she arrived and she made her away into it and pushed hard on the ‘12’ button. Kayla could feel her blood boiled in anger after she knew what Suho had done. What is the reason they could get into a fight? She gave it a deep thought and didn’t realize the lift slid opened as it stopped on the 12th floor.

        “12-1, 12-2,...” Kayla looked at her left and right before she stopped in front of a door. “12-3.”

        At the time she wanted to knock on the door, a voice greeted her.

        “Who are you looking for?”

        At the moment she turned back, she could see Baekhyun was staring at her, with two bottles of 100Plus in his hands. She froze at her place as it was her first time met with Baekhyun up close. Before this, she could only watch him performed together with his group members on the television for Inkigayo and Music Bank. Haeri might have passed out if she come along with her that night.

        “Hello?..” Baekhyun waved his hand in front of her face and that had snapped her back into reality.

        “I..I...”

        Later on, Chanyeol came and stood behind Baekhyun. “Are you Kayla?” He asked and scanned her up and down.

        “.....”

        “And you must be here because you want to meet with Suho hyung, right?”

        “.....”

        Kayla went speechless and just looked at both of them. That time, she realized how tall Chanyeol is. Her head was just at the level of his chest. Oh God. He’s so handsome, Kayla said to herself.

        “Please come in.” Chanyeol opened the door and went into the house, followed by Baekhyun and Kayla.

        “Chanyeol-ah, who’s she? And, you know her?” A jealous tone could be heard in Baekhyun’s voice and Chanyeol ruffled his hair.

        “Are you jealous?”

        Baekhyun pouted and turned away from him. He walked towards the living room and threw himself on the couch.

        “Baekkie, her name is Kayla Park. She’s Suho’s hyung....”

        “...Ex-girlfriend.”

        Just before Chanyeol could finish up his words, Kayla spoke. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun exchanged looks with each other. As for Baekhyun, he didn’t even know that they were couple but not for Chanyeol. Suho had told him everything and asked him not to tell anyone about that.

        “Is Kai home?” Kayla asked Chanyeol who was looking at her without blinking.

        “Guys, did you see my...”

        Kayla’s jaw dropped when she saw Kai walked out from his room, wearing only short pants. She quickly turned at the other way and closed her eyes in embarrassment. She could feel her cheeks were blushing in bright red.

        “Kayla??”

        She could feel Kai stepped closer and closer to her, and she still got her eyes shut, afraid plus embarrassed to look at Kai who was half . Then, a coming voice from afar had made Kai stopped his steps.

        “What are you doing here?”

        It was Suho.

        Kayla could sense that he was surprised with her sudden appearance at their house. She slowly opened up her eyes and was astonished because she was staring at Kai’s bare chest, as he was standing in front of her. Once again, her cheeks felt hot and she cupped her face in embarrassment.

        “I think she’s here not to see you.” Kai answered instead of Kayla.

        That had made Suho stoned and stared blankly at her. “So, what made you come here in first place?” He tried to sound as cool as possible, eventhough he was holding back his anger. Not towards that girl, but Kai.

        “I..I just want to give back his umbrella.” Kayla shoved the umbrella to Kai and he couldn’t believe Kayla came all the way to their house just to give him back his umbrella.

        “So, I think I should go now.” She walked away and being dragged back as Kai was holding her right hand, stopping her from moving.

        “Let me send you back.” Kai said in a firm voice.

        “Let me.” Then, Suho came to her side and took her left hand, tried to walk out from the house when Kai tightened his grip on Kayla’s hand, and she flinched a bit in pain.

        “I think I will go back with Kai. Sorry.”

        “But, I’m your boyfriend...”

        “Ex-boyfriend. We’re done, sunbae.” There was no more ‘oppa’ being called to him.

        “But, why?”

        He was obviously being taken aback with her words. It was like thousands of swords were piercing violently through his heart. And he felt the throbbing pain that couldn’t be explain by words.

        “I hate when a man could get into a fight and hurt someone else without any reasons. I really hate that kind of man.”

        Kayla answered without any fear and she was bold with her decision. There was no regret for what she had done as she thought it was the wise decision to be made.

        Seconds later, Kai got out from his room, fully dressed and walked towards Kayla who was waiting for him near the main door. Both of them went out and left speechless Suho, together with Chanyeol and Baekhyun, both mouths agape with incredulity.

 

To be continued~

 

 

*A/N: The place that I used for WOLF's house is real, but it is a serviced apartment which I changed it into a condominium. And sorry as this chapter is a bit longer than the rest of other chapters. ^^