Chapter 6

Mr. Stalker

SINCE the day they met at the library, Kayla could not see Kai anywhere in the college, except for Suho. Every day, she could see his face anywhere, before got into the class, at the cafeteria, and whenever she wanted to go back home. He would like to give Kayla a lift every time, but she refused. She did not want to be the girl that being close to Suho just because he was popular and rich but did not like him, apart from being her senior.

        “Please turn to page 34 and do the exercise. If you got a problem, come and ask me in front.”

        Prof. Lee walked towards his table in front of the lecture room. He examined each and every one of his students in front of him. Moments later, he had dozed off. Kayla lifted up her head and at that time, she could see someone passed her class. He walked fast and still, Kayla could figure out who is he.

        “Kai!”

        She stood on her feet but Haeri managed to grab her hand first. “Where do you think you’re going? Sit back or Prof. Lee will be angry at us!” Haeri half-whispered to her best friend. She looked at the lecturer's table in front of the room. She felt relieved as their lecturer was still having his nap.

        “It’s Kai!”

        “So, what are you going to do with him?”

        Kayla looked at the girl that was standing in front of her. She totally forgot that she had nothing to do with Kai. She just worried about him as she did not see him for days at the college.

        “I..I...I just..” Before she could finish talking, Haeri continued.

        “Do you like Kai?” Haeri’s words had made Kayla froze. She sat and still searching for words to answer Haeri’s question.

        A smile appeared on Haeri’s face. That smile seemed like there was a meaning of something that only she knew.

        “Gotcha. You like Kai, right? That’s why you became restless when you saw him. And, that was also the reason why you couldn’t believe Suho as your secret admirer because you felt it better be Kai, isn’t it?”

* *

        Kai caught up his breath from running. He stood by a tree outside of the college. Jiyeon’s image still stuck in his mind. Seeing her crying was not a good thing to look at. Kai knew that Jiyeon really love him, but there was nothing else that he can do. If he keeps acting as her boyfriend, he afraid she will become more frustrated. Kai thought of the thing that he had done was the best way to get out of this problem.

        Even though he got no feelings towards Jiyeon, but he could not bear to see that girl being hurt much longer. He knew she was such a nice girl and he had done a terrible mistake. Playing with someone’s feelings and broke their heart. He was such a bad guy, but he did it because of someone. Someone that had caught his heart and made him fall in love with her.

        “Jiyeon, I’m very sorry. I knew you’re really hurt but, trust me. It was for our own good too.” He walked towards his motorbike and started off.

        He did not realize that all of his words had been heard by Kayla. She was still hiding behind the gate wall. “What’s wrong with him and Jiyeon? Is there anything had happened between both of them? Or otherwise, they had…”

        Kayla could only watch Kai left and stood there. Haeri had offered to send her home, but she told her to go back first. She needed to know the reasons why Kai did not turn up at the college for the past few days.

        “I think he really got some problems with Jiyeon. Is that because of me? But, what had I done to them? Nah, it must be because of something else.”

        Kayla walked home alone while thinking about Kai. ‘I hope he is just doing great. It will be great if I could comfort him and be by his side every time he got a problem.’ She smiled and let out a heavy sigh. She knew that her dream will not be coming true. Never.

 

To be continued~