Chapter 4

Mr. Stalker

TOMORROW Kayla will seat for a test and that day, she had joined Haeri and her other friends studied at the state library. She had not gone there for a while because she was busy finishing up her artworks that will be put up at her father’s art gallery. She loved to paint and that’s why her parents enrolled her into one of the most prestigious art colleges in South Korea which she was studied now.

        Haeri closed the reference book and buried her face in her hands. “I couldn’t take it anymore. My head going to explode. There are so many things to memorize!” She let out a big sigh. Kayla patted her softly on the back.

        “Don’t worry, Haeri. It just a test and there will be only 4 questions. Don’t burden yourself read everything. Just focus on the main points.” She smiled at her best friend that had messed up her hair.

        “But they are essay questions. You know that I hate essays, right?” Kayla laughed and some people were looking at her, told her to be quiet.

        She already knew the things that made Haeri became like a living zombie. Since they were in high school, Haeri never likes to answer essay questions but to her surprise, Haeri would pass all the essay exams with flying colours. Such a gifted girl, Kayla told to herself. Without Haeri knows, she had made her best friend her role model. Even though Haeri didn’t like to answer the essays, but she didn’t give up and just answer them.

        She was reading the reference book on the history of arts when she caught a figure, a familiar figure that sat at the front table. But, he was with a girl. “Jiyeon.” Kayla murmured the name and she didn’t realize Haeri had heard it.

        “What’s wrong, Kayla? Jiyeon is here?”

        Kayla nodded her head. Her eyes were looking at Kai and Jiyeon studying together, and they looked so happy and close.

        “Kai is also here??!” Haeri had spoken out loud and Kayla shut .

        “Sshh! I don’t want them to see us here. Spying on them.”

* *

        Suho finally arrived at the library and quickly searched for Kai. He forgot to meet him there and he realized he had been late. “I’m a dead meat today. He will definitely be angry at me!” His Polo watch showed 9.30 o’clock in the morning. It was already half an hour from their actual meeting time. It was because of the traffic jam that happened near his house. He felt relieved as he saw Kai. But he was with somebody else. ‘Jiyeon is here too?’

        He got a chair and sat beside Kai. He showed him the most sincere and innocent smile. “I’m sorry for being late. There was a traffic jam. I hope you’re not mad..” Before Suho could finish up the words, Jiyeon spoke out.

        “It’s okay, oppa7. I’m sure Kai isn’t mad at you, right?” Kai just smiled and nodded.

        “It’s okay, hyung. Just take it easy. We still got plenty of time to revise.”

        As Suho opened his book, he could see someone that he knew standing in front of the bookshelves, near their table. ‘Isn’t it Kayla? What is she doing here?’ He walked towards Kayla and Kai didn’t realize as he focused on his reading.

        “Hey, what’s up?” Kayla was shocked because of the voice until she dropped the book that she was holding.

        “I’m sorry.” Suho helped her with the book and smiled at her. Felt sorry for making her surprised. Thank God she didn’t scream, otherwise, he will be in trouble.

       “Sunbae! You’re here too.” Kayla forced herself to smile and didn’t have the idea that they would meet there.

        “Kai, look who I met!” Suho half-whispered to Kai as he dragged Kayla along with him. Kayla couldn’t do anything and just followed him that walked towards Kai and Jiyeon. Gulp! ‘What should I do? Do I need to cry for help from Haeri?’ She became restless as she sat in front of Kai

       “Kai, this is the girl that I used to talk about. She’s our junior. I introduce you to Kayla Park. Kayla, this is Kai and I’m sure everyone already knows our dancing machine. And here is Park Jiyeon, Kai’s girlfriend.”

        The word ‘girlfriend’ that came out from Suho’s mouth had turned Kayla speechless. She just looked at Jiyeon who was Kai’s hair.

        Kai closed the book and got up, but Jiyeon grabbed tight his hand, hoping that he will stay. Kai slowly let go of her hand and walked away, without saying goodbye to anyone.

        “What’s wrong with him, Suho oppa?” Jiyeon’s voice seemed to change and she was about to cry. Kayla just watched him walked away, and minutes later, Kai left the library compound on his motorbike.

 

To be continued~

 

Notes

Oppa - Korean word for older brother (The speaker is a girl).