Chapter 23

Mr. Stalker

AROUND her, she could hear whispers coming from everywhere. There were some girls gossiping on something that sounded important. Between their talks, Kayla heard the words like ‘love’ and ‘couple’ and to her surprise, Suho’s name also being mentioned.

        “Is Suho oppa had done something bad?”

        Reaching towards her class, her heart felt uneasy. She suddenly could smelt something weird that was going on. When she slid opened the door, all of her classmates were with their gossip mates, talking to each other and they looked serious about the issue that they were gossiping about.

        “There’s something that I want to tell you.”

        Haeri pulled her hand and walked towards their place.

        “What is it?” Kayla asked as she had been forced to sit at her place by her anxious-looking best friend.

        Haeri placed both of her hands onto Kayla’s shoulders and she looked serious. Kayla never seen her happy-go-lucky friend could turn out to be so serious like now.

        “All of these commotions are about you, buddy.”

        “WHAT??!”

        Her loud voice had made some heads turned to them, but they didn’t seem to care much about Kayla and Haeri, and continued talking to each other.

        “What do you mean by that, Haeri? Are you behind all of these? And what the hell are they talking about me??”

        Kayla sounded angry and was annoyed as she thought the people were talking bad about her.

        “Relax, Kayla! Listen to me first. It is about your relationship with Suho sunbae. Someone had written about both of you in a blog. But, the blogger didn’t mention your name, and he just addressed you as ‘the lucky girl.’” Haeri explained in detail the truth that she need to know and Kayla looked at her in disbelief.

        “If I get him, he’ll be dead!” She gritted her teeth and punched her fist hard through the air.

        “Kayla, have you tell anyone else about this?” Haeri asked.

        “No, but wait a minute…” She paused, before continued, “…I think I know who did this.”

        She quickly got on her feet but Haeri grabbed her wrist, asking with her eyes where is she going.

        “I must see someone right now.”

        Ignoring the eyes that stared at her, she dashed out as fast as the lightning from the lecture hall, and headed straight to Faculty of Music building. She really needed to meet that someone as soon as possible to ask for his explanation about the thing that was floating around. How could he lie to me, Kayla told herself, eventhough they had promised not to tell anyone.

* *

        Suho was listening to his iPod while reading a comic when Kayla stormed into his class, startling every of his classmates who were looking at her in curiosity.

        When Tae Jung lifted his head, his eyes widened in shock. ‘What made Kayla came all this way to their class?’

        Fortunately, there was no lecturer at that time in the class, and most of them were doing their own things.

        Tae Jung poked his friend’s waist and Suho took off one of his earphones.

        “Waeyo?”

        “There.” Tae Jung pointed at the approaching Kayla with his mouth and Suho looked at the direction.

        ‘Kayla..?’

        He could see Kayla stepping closer to him, with no smile on her face. All he could see was anger flashed from her eyes.

        “We need to talk.” In a blink of eye, she grabbed Suho’s hand and dragged him out from the class, leaving Tae Jung at his place, speechless.

        “Hey, who’s that? I think, she’s our junior, right?” Minhyuk, one of his classmates asked him. He had stopped his reading to watch the short drama that happened just now.

        Tae Jung nodded, affirming his words.

        When they arrived at the alley behind the building, Kayla stopped abruptly and turned back to face Suho.

        “You better tell me the truth.”

        “The truth about what?” Suho asked while frowning.

        “Everything.” She replied, crossing her arms on her chest, waiting for Suho to tell the truth.

        “I really love you, and if can, I want to be with you forever. That’s the truth.”

        “It’s not that.” Her voice sounded cold, but she couldn’t control herself from blushing after hearing Suho’s words.

        “So...?”

        Kayla facepalmed herself and let out a heavy sigh, as Suho still didn’t get the point. ‘Is he really didn’t have any idea about this or he just pretending not to take this matter seriously?’

        “It’s about us. Our relationship. You’re the one who tell everyone about this, right?” At that time, Kayla stared at Suho who went speechless, and stared back at her without blinking.

        A silence broke between them, as none of them speak anything.

        “So, it’s true, right? I will assume your answer will be yes.”

        Without waiting for Suho’s answer, Kayla went off and Suho’s legs were stuck to the ground, unable to move. He tried to process Kayla’s words as he still couldn’t understand on what Kayla was talking about.

        “Kayla, wait up!” He managed to run after her before Kayla entered the building.

        “What more? I think there’s nothing else to say...”

        She kept on walking without bothering about Suho who tried to convince her to listen for his explanation first. For her, there’s nothing that could make her believe in Suho’s words anymore after what had happened.

 

To be continued~