Chapter 7

Mr. Stalker

“WHERE is Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked everyone in that practice room. Baekhyun promised to go to the studio with him, but he could not see Baekhyun anywhere.

        Suho shrugged and sat beside Kai on the floor, waiting for everyone to arrive before they could start their dance practice.

        “I thought he was coming with you.” The leader looked at Chanyeol who was furiously searched for Baekhyun high and low. Suddenly, Chanyeol's phone rang and there was someone who called him.

        “It must be Baekkie!” He ran towards his bag and picked up the phone.

        “Ya! Where have you been? I thought you went missing. Palli! We’re gonna start our practice soon.”

        He could hear Baekhyun sighed on the line. “I’m so sorry, but now I got to accompany my mother to go to the bakery. She wanted to buy some cookies. Sorry for not informing you guys earlier.” Baekhyun’s voice heard he was going to cry. Among the members, he got the softest heart and can be easily torn up just because of a small matter.

       “It’s okay, Baekkie. I’m glad you’re just fine. I’ll tell them later about this. And, don’t forget to ask Mrs. Byun for some extra cookies. You know I like cookies, right?” Chanyeol’s face became brighter whenever he talked about food. He could hear Baekhyun laughed and said something to his mother.

        “About 10 minutes later, I’ll arrive with your semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies. Okay Channie, I got to go now. My mom needs me to carry all the bags. Thanks, buddy!”

        Chanyeol ran towards Suho and Kai who were warming up their bodies with their dance instructor, Lee Minguk. “Where’s Baekhyun? Isn’t he coming today?” Minguk asked Chanyeol that was standing beside Suho.

        “He said he was with his mother, and he will come in a bit late.” He replied.

        Minguk just nodded and continued with the warm-up session. After 5 minutes of warming up, they started their dance practice. WOLF members were preparing for their next comeback in a few months coming. Their theme for the comeback was a cute and fresh concept. Seemed it was going to be different from their debut concept, they were a bit afraid of their fans could not get along with their latest concept. So, they were practicing hard in order to give the best for their fans worldwide.

        A few minutes later, Baekhyun arrived and did the warm-up by himself. Even though he came in late, he never forgets to warm up before starting with the dance routine. Minguk had reminded them to always warm up themselves before dancing or else, they would cramp their legs and that will be a big problem for their group.

        “Okay guys, take five. I need to go to the restroom and you can have a rest for a while.”

        “Thanks, coach!” All of them replied almost at the same time.

        Suho walked across the room to get his bag. When he was drinking from the water bottle, he could see Kai’s reflection in the mirror in front of him. His face was a bit frustrated and exhausted. Before this, Suho never sees Kai being in such a condition. Even though he was tired from dancing, he will not show it. But, today he looked totally different. ‘Do he have a problem?’

* *

        “What??!” Suho’s eyes were about to pop out; meanwhile, Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s eyes met each other. They were looking at each other before fixed their eyes to Kai who was looking down the floor in the living room. He just nodded his head, having fear to look straight into their eyes.

        “But, why?” Suho asked. “Did she being unfaithful to you?”

        Kai denied.

        “It’s me. I’m the one who asked to break our relationship. I thought that I couldn’t love her anymore.” Kai answered. His face looked gloomy and there was no smile on his lips, not like before. “I’m sorry.”

        Baekhyun put his arms around Kai’s shoulders. “It’s okay, Kai. It’s not your fault. I know and understand why you did that. You must have your own reasons, right?”

        Chanyeol and Suho nodded their heads. Baekhyun tried to comfort Kai who really looked like someone who already lost their hope to live.

        Kai felt not at ease if he didn’t tell his group members what had happened between him and Jiyeon. He still remembered they were the persons that became very happy when he got into a love relationship with Jiyeon. Kai also thought that he could love Jiyeon with all his heart, but he was wrong. Because of a special girl, he had to forget Jiyeon and tried to capture her heart as he felt that girl is his true love. Kai walked to his room and left s who were talking among themselves about the news that he told them.

        He threw himself on the bed. It was near 11.30 p.m., but he couldn’t close his eyes. His mind kept imagining Jiyeon’s sad face. He felt really sorry for Jiyeon. Suddenly, that girl’s face appeared and Jiyeon’s face was no longer in mind. ‘I really like her, but, would she accept me? I’ve been playing with Jiyeon’s heart before. Does she want to be with me? What am I going to do?’

 

To be continued~