Chapter 35

Mr. Stalker

“THANK God you could see me today. Isn’t your boss coming?” Kai asked and took a seat in front of that boy. His eyes scanned the surrounding, tried to get a hint of Kyungsoo’s boss whereabouts.

        “Chingu-ya, don’t worry. Mr. Cha had gone back just now. He got an emergency call.” Kyungsoo patted his hand and stood up.

        “Do you like to have anything?”

        “Like usual, please.” Kai said before Kyungsoo walked away into the kitchen.

        Minutes later, he came back with two paper cups in each hand, and placed them on the table between them.

        “So, what’s the important thing that you want to tell me? It’s better be worth to be told, as I didn’t get myself into gossips much…”

        “I want to recruit you into our group. As the new member of WOLF.”

        At that time, Kyungsoo sprayed out his Americano and some had splattered on Kai’s face. He gasped in horror when Kai’s flawless face had been dirtied up with the coffee.

        “Mianhe! Who asked you to tell the jokes at the wrong time?” Kyungsoo reached for a tissue and wiped clean Kai’s face. He was terribly sorry as he had ruined Kai’s make up.

        “I’m not telling you joke. I’m serious.” Kai then took the tissue from Kyungsoo’s hand to wipe the leftover coffee on his cheeks.

        Hearing that, Kyungsoo leaned back on his chair in disbelief. Is he dreaming right now? What had made Kai to say such thing? And, what had happened actually? Or, is this just a prank for him?

        He took a look around the café and couldn’t see anything strange, except for Dongwoo who was serving a couple. All the things were at their respective places, no strange-looking people. And, there were no hidden cameras being set up anywhere. Or, are they using high technology tiny cameras?

        “Do Kyungsoo, are you listening to me? I know you’re a bit surprised, or totally surprised, but it’s the truth. And, it’s not a hidden camera.”

        Gulp! Kyungsoo felt that Kai was getting scarier time by time. ‘At first, he told me that he wanted to recruit me as one of his group members, and now, he could read my mind too? Please anybody take this boy away from me!’

        He was stuttering when he started to talk. “I..I think you’re daydreaming right now. How on the earth I could…”

        Then, Kai put his finger over Kyungsoo’s lips, as he didn’t want to hear anything more from that boy who wants to believe nothing about what he had told him.

        “Listen here, my beloved chingu Do Kyungsoo. Open your ears widely as you can, because I will not repeat it again later.” He took a deep breath before continued.

         “Yesterday, we had got a shock, yet sad news about Suho’s departure to South Africa…”

        ‘Their leader is leaving?

        “…And our manager said that he was afraid if we can’t go further with only 3 members, as there will be a hole in our group without hyung’s presence…”

        ‘And?..’

        “…So, that’s why he told us to search for a new member, as he had discussed with our CEO that…” Kai paused for a moment to catch for breath.

        “…we need to find Suho’s replacement or we must disband.”

        ‘Disband?’

        “Yup, disband. I swore it was the most heartbreaking news that I ever heard of. How could we, a rookie group that just debut at the end of last year need to be disbanded just after our comeback?”

        Kyungsoo was totally astonished with that news. Wow, it is such fiction-like news that only could appear in any novel and film, he thought to himself. ‘So, I’ll become the new member of WOLF?’

        Daebak! He never imagines that such thing could ever happen to him, as he only an ordinary boy who worked his -off at Starbucks and it was like a dream come true for him.

        “So, Do Kyungsoo.” Kai sipped on his Caramel Macchiato and looked at the confused boy in front of him. “Are you in?”

        At that time, Kyungsoo was out of words as he heard there was hope in Kai’s voice. He thought really hard, again and again, and he was afraid if he takes the wrong step. But, how can becoming a WOLF member could be a mistake?

        ‘Just take it, Do Kyungsoo!’

        ‘But, what if their fans hate you?’

        ‘Shut your piehole! I know Kyungsoo will accept the offer, right?’

        ‘Kyungsoo, think about it carefully!’

        “Kai, I think I will…”

        “So, this is the boy that you’re meeting with?”

        Out of the blue, Kayla appeared before their eyes and they were completely shock to see her there. She stared at Kai who looked puzzled, before looked at the boy in front of him. ‘So, this is Do Kyungsoo?’

        “Kayla, let’s go. People are staring at us.” Haeri pulled her friend’s blouse sleeve but she didn’t move even an inch. Her eyes were still on the two boys in front of them. “Kayla, please!”

        “You don’t have to explain anything to me. It’s obvious now as I had seen it with my very own eyes.” She then turned away and walked out from the café, followed by Haeri.

 

* *

 

        “Hey, wait up!” Kyungsoo tried to catch her up, but Kayla just walked without turning back when he called her name.

        “Kayla, that boy is…”

        “Let him be. Just walk, Haeri.” Kayla fastened up her pace before Kyungsoo grabbed her hand and made her stop.

        ‘I swear to God I want to kill this boy right at this time.’

        “What?!” Kayla turned to face him, and freed her hand from his grip.

        “Please listen to me first.” Kyungsoo put his hand onto Kayla’s shoulder but she pushed it away.

        “You can talk, but don’t you dare to touch me.” Kayla crossed her hand over her chest and stared at Kyungsoo. Haeri who was standing beside her just looked at both of them silently, afraid to meddle in their talk.

        “I know you’re angry with me for what you had seen earlier. Believe me, Kayla. I’ve got nothing with Kai. We’re just best friends.” Kyungsoo pleaded her to believe in his words, but Kayla turned away, and she looked pissed off.

        ‘You even know my name? That must be because Kai had told you everything. That brat..’

         “How can I believe what you’re saying? All the evidences were enough to show that you and Kai..” She cleared before continued.

        “…there’s something between both of you.” It was hard for her to say the words, and her heart had been tore up and shredded into pieces.

        “Me and Kai? Wait a minute.” Kyungsoo seemed like he was thinking something, before stepped closer to Kayla.

        “How do you know about it? I mean, where’s the evidence? I want to see it, if you’re so confident about this.”

        Kayla then turned to face Haeri, who looked at her in confusion.

        “What?”

        “Give me your phone. I want to show him that picture.”

        “Wait a minute.” Haeri searched for the phone in her handbag before handed it to Kayla.

        She took the phone and searched through the phone gallery. Then, she showed it to Kyungsoo who was waiting patiently.

        “Take a look at this carefully. Isn’t it you and Kai?” Kayla asked.

        Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in shock when he looked at the phone screen. It was indeed him and Kai, and the picture was been taken a week back.

        “Yes, it was me and Kai. That was when we were shopping for my shirt. Kai had dirtied my working uniform and he wanted to buy me a new one. That’s all.” Kyungsoo ended up his words with a smile, but not for Kayla.

        “I still couldn’t believe it. This picture had proved everything. You and my boyfriend indeed have scandal with each other.” Suddenly, Kai appeared from nowhere and had startled Kayla, but she acted cool.

        Kai walked closer and whispered into her ear. “I heard you still addressed me as your boyfriend. So, I think you still love me, don’t you?”

        His words had made Kayla blushed, and she didn’t know where to hide her redden face. At last, she went behind Haeri to make sure that no one could see her embarrass face.

        “It was nonsense. I never thought about it.” Kayla said and glared at Kai as if she wanted to eat him alive.

        “What have you said to her?” Kyungsoo asked Kai and threw his look at Kayla who was blushing out of control.

        “Nothing. Just some words that will change her heart towards me.” Kai smirked. “Right, Kayla? Or do you want me to tell them that…”

        “No!” Kayla stopped him in time, before he could say more. When Kai didn’t hear her and leaned closer to Kyungsoo’s ear, she spoke out loud.

        “Nae, it is true that I still love you, idiot. But, I just can’t accept what you’re doing to me.” Tears started to form in her eyes, but Kayla held it back, as she didn’t want to shed tears in front of them.

        “Kayla, don’t think about it too much.” Haeri hugged her and she Kayla’s hair. “Just listen to Kai, maybe he had his own reason, and I know he didn’t do it on purpose just to make you mad.”

        Kayla freed herself from the hug and faced Kai. Out of sudden, Kai ran towards her and got her into his arms.

        “I’m sorry for making you to think badly about me. I know you’re angry but please believe me, Kayla. No one is in my heart except for you, dear.” Then, he planted a warm kiss on her lips, and made her froze to the ground.

        “Guys, people are watching you.” Kyungsoo poked Kai and he broke the kiss.

        “Let them be, Kyungsoo. I just want to prove this girl is wrong for thinking that we’re having scandal.” Kai leaned towards Kayla to give her another kiss, and soon, they were immersed in the kissing, ignoring the people around them, including Kyungsoo and Haeri.

 

To be continued~