Chapter 28

Mr. Stalker

* Listen to EXO's XOXO while reading this chapter :) *

 

“WHERE do you want to take me?”

        He tried to sync with Kai’s wide steps when suddenly Kai stopped in front of a clothing store and looked up. UNIQLO.

        “We’re here.”

        Peeking inside the store, he made his way into the place and dragged Kyungsoo along who was looking around, as he was amazed on how massive that clothes store was.

        “You want to buy a shirt? But, why you brought me along?”

        Kyungsoo scratched his head and Kai ruffled his hair. He tried to hide his smile from being noticed by that cute little boy who looked like a lost puppy.

        “Yes, but not for me. It’s for you!”

        “Huh?”

        “Nae! Come here, you might like this!” Kai pulled Kyungsoo’s hand and showed him a red polo shirt with a big letter ‘K’ being stitched to its upper left chest.

        “But…”

        “It’s suitable for you. And it also got the initial of your name.” Kai chuckled and gave the shirt to Kyungsoo who was looking at him in disbelief.

        “Go and try it on. I want to see you in this shirt.”

        “Okay, then.” He walked towards the changing room and on his way, he could see a group of girls were smiling at him, and some were talking to each other and chuckled.

        ‘Are they laughing at my dirty shirt? Ottoke?’ He didn’t have any choice and went into the changing room with the shirt that Kai chose for him.

        Kai waited patiently in front of that room when he realized some girls were taking his pictures. Being friendly, he threw smiles at them and he could hear them let out small screams and squealed with delight. All the clicking sounds and flashes didn’t bother him at all and didn’t drive him mad. All he wanted to see is Kyungsoo in the shirt that he had picked by himself.

        “How do I look?” Kyungsoo asked at the moment he stepped out from the changing room.

        “You look…handsome.” Kai said and pulled him into a hug.

        “We’re going to buy this!” He then dragged the boy along with him towards the cashier.

        “Oh snap! I forgot to take my uniform back. Wait for a minute!” Kyungsoo ran back to the changing room as fast as lightning, as he didn’t want Kai to wait long.

        Kai handed out his VISA card to the girl behind the counter and had the polo shirt paid. When he turned, Kyungsoo arrived beside him while panting hard, tried to gasp for some air.

        Looking at his condition, Kai patted gently on his back and tried to calm him down.

        “You don’t need to rush, Kyungsoo-ya..”

        That time, he could feel his heart thumped fast when Kai called his name with full of…love? Kyungsoo shook his head, trying to get rid of that silly thought. He took a glance at Kai and he was smiling widely at him while both of them walked out from the store.

        ‘Or, is it true that he could, possibly…love me?’ Then, his mind went back to the memory of what Kai had told him about the ‘love’ relationship between Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

        “I hope you’ll not be mad at me anymore.” Kai said and turned to face Kyungsoo.

        “What?” The question had snapped him back to reality.

        Kai smiled. ‘What is he thinking of?’

        “I bought this shirt special for you. Just take it as the sign of my apology for what I had done to your working uniform.” He looked at the Starbucks uniform in Kyungsoo’s hand.

        “But, I can still wash it at home. It just…”

        “Sshh.” He brought his finger over his lips. “Just take a good care of this shirt, arachi? It can also remind you of me, Kim Jongin.”

        He patted Kyungsoo’ head before continued. “Look.”

        Kai pointed to his left chest. “We even shared the same initial.”

        “So, is this what people call as fate?” Both of them burst into laugh and walked side by side while Kyungsoo having Kai’s right arm around his shoulders.

 

* *

 

        As he stepped into the elevator, he remembered back what Kyungsoo had told him before he left.

        “He’s your hyung, and I’m pretty, really sure that he loves you, Kai. I think he might have his own reasons.”

        Kyungsoo was right. Everything does happen for a reason. Suho might didn’t want him to be heartbroken if he tell the truth about his relationship with Kayla. He sighed and tried to think positive about the things that happened.

        Deep in his heart, he thanked God for giving him a nice and understanding friend like Do Kyungsoo. Eventhough he just met him less than five months, but he felt as if they had befriended for years. Whenever he was with Kyungsoo, Kai could easily forget and slipped out the bad memories from his mind. With Kyungsoo’s presence, he felt like his life was complete and he could feel the same happy and comfortable feeling being with his fellow WOLF members when he was being together with Kyungsoo.

        He opened the main door of their condominium and stepped inside. When he walked into the living room, no one was in sight. He glanced at his wristwatch. 6.40 p.m. ‘Are they went out to somewhere?’ Kai then went into the kitchen for a drink to relieve his thirst.

        Out of the blue, Baekhyun came out from his room with messy hair. When he stepped into the kitchen, he screamed and his high pitched voice had made Kai jumped at his place, being startled.

        “Yah, Byun Baekhyun!” Kai shouted his name and had stopped his scream. He rubbed his chest and he could feel his heart beat fast due to shock.

        “I’m sorry!” Baekhyun apologized and tidied up his hair while yawning.

        “I fall asleep just now and had a nightmare. A vampire was chasing me. When I stepped out from the room, I thought you’re the vampire.” He chuckled and gave an innocent look to Kai.

        “I’m being a vampire? I guess I’ll be the most hot-looking vampire ever, and could beat Robert Pattinson, of course.” Kai started to imagine himself being one of the main actors in the box-office movie ‘Twilight’.

        Baekhyun laughed hysterically when he heard Kai’s words. “Even if you’re the most handsome and hot vampire, I’ll not let you my blood.” He mehrong and Kai gave him an annoyed look.

        “Okay, okay. Enough with this vampire thing. By the way, did you see Suho hyung?” Kai asked out of sudden.

        His question had made Baekhyun stared at him in confusion. He walked closer to him and Kai retreated until his back came in contact with the kitchen counter.

        “What are you going to do to me?” Kai sounded anxious, yet tried to act cool as Baekhyun leaned closer to him and there was no space for him to run away.

        Baekhyun stopped his steps, just a few inches, or to be exact, just half an inch from Kai’s face. “Why do you want from him? Want to start a fight again?”

        He sounded like a cop that was interrogating the criminal for his crime. But the truth is, Baekhyun didn’t want Kai to pick up a fight with their leader again. He hates to see his group members fighting with each other.

         “Yah! Get yourself away from me. Or I’ll call out for Chanyeol. Chanyeol-ah!” Kai shouted at his face before Baekhyun shut his mouth.

         “Alright!” Then, Baekhyun stepped back a few steps and Kai stand up straight while tidying his clothes.

        Suddenly, the main door being opened and they could see Suho walked into the house with groceries bags. “Kids, I’m home!”

        He saw both Kai and Baekhyun in the kitchen, looked surprised when they laid their eyes on him.

        “Baekhyun-ah, are you okay?” Suho took a quick glance at Kai before put the groceries bags on the kitchen counter. “And, where’s Chanyeol?”

        “He’s in his room, sleeping, maybe.” Baekhyun answered and helped Suho with the groceries.

        “Hyung, Kai had something to talk to you.” He then exchanged looks with Kai who rolled his eyes in astonishment.

        Suho was a bit surprised and speechless but he acted like usual. “You wanted to talk to me, Kai? About what?”

        Then, Kai gave a signal using his eyes that he wanted to talk to Suho alone. Baekhyun got the idea and left both of them in the kitchen.

        “So, hyung…” Kai was hesitated to start the talking. He felt awkward with Suho after what had happened last night.

        “…I really…” He cleared his throat before continued, “…I’m very sorry for what had happened. I hope you’ll able to..forgive me.” Kai let out a sigh of relief when he spoke out the words in just one breath. He looked down and didn’t dare to look at Suho’s eyes. All this while he had been such an egoistic person and didn’t even think about other’s feelings, especially Suho.

        Suddenly, Suho went closer to him and pulled him into a tight hug. “I forgive you, Kai. And I’m sorry too.”

        Both of them didn’t realized there were tears rolling down on their cheeks, and they still hugging each other, feeling grateful that everything is going to be normal again. They even promised each other not to start a fight among them. For Suho, he felt at ease when he knew that Kai would realize his mistake and he was happy as his relationship with Kai will be okay again.

 

To be continued~

 

 

*A/N: KaiSoo cute moments! :3 ....And, some other conflicts will arise. So, stay tuned! ^^v