Chapter 22

Mr. Stalker

“WHERE have you been?”

        At the moment Kayla stepped inside her house, her mother’s worried face greeted her. She glanced at her watch on her wrist, it was already near 2.30 p.m., and no wonder her mother was worried sick.

        “…And why are you bleeding?” She pointed at her right bandaged-knee.

        Mrs. Park’s words had made Haeri and Sunjoo came running from the living room.

        Sunjoo looked at Kayla up and down. “Noona, what had happened?” He then took Kayla into the living room and sat her down on the couch.

        “Kayla, who did this to you?” Haeri asked her and the coming questions didn’t allow her to speak and explained the things that happened.

        “Guys, take it easy. One by one.” Kayla smiled at them and her mother went into the kitchen to take out the first-aid kit.

        After Kayla told the exact things that happened, Haeri and Mrs. Park looked at each other and turned to Kayla. ‘Is that true what they had heard just now?’

        “So, Kai sent you home?” Her mother asked, wanted the certainty of her words.

        “Nae…”

        Kayla was afraid if her mother will be mad as Kai had sent her home, and not her boyfriend, Suho. Mrs. Park smiled and took a seat beside her daughter.

        “Why didn’t you ask him to stop by?”

        Out of sudden, Haeri laughed and Sunjoo looked at his sister in bewilderment.

        “Mrs. Park, looked at her face. It is like a ripe tomato.”

        Kayla reached out a small pillow and threw it towards Haeri, but unfortunately, it landed directly on Sunjoo’s face.

        “Oh God! Sunjoo-ah, mianhe!” Kayla wanted to get to Sunjoo, but the pain struck back. She fell back onto the couch and her mother looked at her in panic.

        “Sweetie, do you want to go to the clinic?” Mrs. Park afraid if the injury couldn’t be treated by only applying some iodine onto it.

        “It’s okay, mom. It will recover soon.”

        Kayla convinced her mother as she didn’t want to go to the hospitals or clinics. Whenever she sees the needle or smells the air in the hospital, she will get weak and feels want to puke. She herself didn’t know why it could be like that. Maybe she got some sort of hospital trauma, she thought.

        “Noona, who is Kai hyung by the way? Is he your boyfriend?”

        Sunjoo’s sudden question had made her froze at the place. How could a 7-year old immature boy ask such a question?

        “Sunjoo, I think you better go up to your room. You haven’t finished your homework yet, right?” Haeri asked his brother and he pouted at her.

        “Okay, okay.” He stepped lazily onto the stair but he stopped in the way. “Kayla noona, send my regards to your boyfriend! I mean, Kai hyung!” He laughed and ran upstairs and disappeared into his room before Haeri could say anything to him.

        “Kayla, I’m sorry for his words. Don’t take it at heart.”

        “No big deal, Haeri. I’m okay with that.”

        When she turned to her right, she could see a blue umbrella was leaning against the wall near the main door. ‘It was not mine, maybe…’

        Oh my goodness…

        “I forgot to give Kai his umbrella back!”

        She looked at Haeri and she looked at the direction Kayla was pointing.

        “So, how you’re going to give it back to him?”

        Kayla shook her head. Having no idea at all.

        “What if Kai need it?” Haeri asked and Kayla stared at the umbrella, thinking of some possible ways to give it back to Kai.

* *

        Jiyoung was watching the television when her brother got back home. She was home alone as their parents went out for a meeting with their client. Both of them are lawyers and have their own law firm in Gangnam. She felt relieved as her brother was back and she didn't feel bored anymore as she had someone to talk to.

        “Where are you from? I thought your class ended early today.”

        Ilhoon threw his backpack aside and sat beside her sister on the sofa.

        “I helped Suho with his assignment. We stayed back at the library after lunch.” He took the remote control and switched to a sport channel before he remembered something.

        Something that is worth to be told.

        “Hey, do you want to know something?” He whispered into Jiyoung’s ears and his sister looked at him, puzzled.

        “Since when you became a gossiper, oppa?”

        Ilhoon rolled his eyes at Jiyoung. His sister sometimes could get onto his nerves and annoyed him. But, the thing that he wanted to tell Jiyoung was more important.

        At the moment he wanted to open up his mouth, Suho’s warning came across his mind.

        “If you dare to tell anyone, you’re finished! Remember that!”

        Now he could remember it. He paused for a second and gave it a thought. He surely will be beaten up by Suho if he knew he told about his relationship with Kayla at Jiyoung. He was a bit afraid as Suho is an unpredictable person.

        “Oppa, palli! What is the thing that you want to tell me about?” Jiyoung’s loud voice had brought him back into reality.

        He just gave his sister a blank look and grinned. “It’s nothing. Just forget about it.”

        Ilhoon took his backpack and headed to his room upstairs, leaving Jiyoung in bewilderment.

        “I’m sure he got something important to tell me.” She told herself.

        He threw himself on his comfy single-sized bed as he entered his room. He stretched his body and he felt a bit tired after a long day at the college. Ilhoon got up and sat onto the bed while thinking about something. Suddenly, he got an idea.

        “If I write it on my blog, nobody will know about it, including Suho.”

        He quickly took out his notebook from the backpack and turned it on. Being excited to post about the news, he was thinking of the suitable title to put up for the post. It must be a bombastic one so that it could attract his followers.

        “Okay!” He snapped his fingers and started typing on his blog. "This title sounded good to me."

        As he was immersed in his writing, he could hear his name being called by his father who just got back from his meeting.

        “Ilhoon, come here for a while. I need to ask you something.”

        He sighed and put aside the notebook. “Okay, appa. I’m coming.”

        Seconds after he left the room, Jiyoung came into Ilhoon’s room.

        “Oppa, how to solve…”

        When she looked around the room, her brother couldn’t be seen anywhere. Then, she heard her father’s voice along with Ilhoon’s from downstairs.

        “Okay then.”

        She walked out from the room but she stopped in front of the door as something had caught her eyes. It was her brother’s notebook. It was and she was eager to see what Ilhoon was watching.

        “Hehe..” Jiyoung got a naughty smile on her face as she hopped onto the bed.

        “Oppa, what are you watching…?”

 

‘LOVE SPARKS BETWEEN WOLF’S SUHO AND A LUCKY GIRL.’

 

        The title of the blog post had made her jaw dropped. “Is it true? And since when Ilhoon oppa followed this blog?”

        Among her friends, the ‘Anonymous World’ blog was famous and many of them followed the blogger, including Jiyoung herself. And, she was sure that her friends already read up that post.

        “It will be breaking news at the college tomorrow. Definitely.”

 

To be continued~