Finale: 7 Years Later

Mr. Stalker

* Enjoy listening to 'Maybe' by Yiruma while reading this :) *

 

IT was Monday, and like usual, there were not so many people came to her father’s art gallery, as it was a working day. Kayla was staring at the drawing in front of her when suddenly a boy came running to her side.

        “Why are you running? You might fall and hurt yourself.” Kayla crouched and gently that boy’s hair.

        “And, where’s your appa?” She asked, while her eyes wandered around.

        “Sshh! There he comes!” That boy hid behind Kayla as fast as lightning, as if he didn’t want to be seen by the man who was approaching them.

        “Don’t tell him I’m here!”

        Kayla smiled and stood at her place. From afar, she could see worried look plastered all over Kai’s face.

        “Do you see that boy? I had searched for him everywhere, but failed. Do we need to call the police and report this?” Kai still panting hard from running, and he looked around to see if he could find that little boy.

        “Yeobo-ah, don’t worry. He’s here.” Kayla whispered into her husband’s ear and pointed at her back with .

        Then, Kai smiled, as he knew what Kayla meant. He nodded and crept slowly behind her.

        “Got you!” Kai hugged that boy out of sudden and it had startled him as his father brought him up high in the air.

        “Aarrghh!”

        “You can’t run away from me anymore!” He laughed evilly and kissed his son’s cheeks repeatedly, and he was struggling to free himself from his father’s arms.

        “Umma, help me!”

        “Joon Myeon, your father just wants to have fun with you. He missed you a lot, you know?” Kayla smiled and walked closer to Kai’s side.

        “Umma!” Joon Myeon reached out his hands to Kayla, before Kai handed him to his wife.

        “Okay, fine. You just want to be with your umma, right?” Kai sounded sad and walked further before Kayla burst into laugh.

        “Joon Myeon-ah, look at your appa. He’s sulking.” Kayla whispered to her 5-year old son, but Kai happened to hear it loud and clear. Joon Myeon laughed when he saw his father pouted like a little kid.

        “I hear you.” Kai turned to the other way, still pretending to sulk. “It’s not fair. You guys teamed up against me, and I’m all alone.”

        “Don’t worry, Kai. I’m here to the rescue.” Unexpectedly, Kyungsoo appeared from nowhere while holding a bottle of banana milk in his right hand.

        “Uncle Kyungsoo!” Then, Joon Myeon jumped out from his mother’s arm and went into Kyungsoo’s hug.

        “Aigoo ya!” He lifted up that boy and his face changed. “You’ve become heavier than last week.”

        “I’m not heavy!” Joon Myeon made a face at Kyungsoo’s words. “I’m on diet everyday. If you don’t believe me, just ask umma.”

        Kyungsoo laughed and ruffled his hair. “You’re such a smart boy.” He then handed that little boy the banana milk and it had made him smiled widely from ear to ear.

        “Uncle Kyungsoo, kamsahamnida!” Joon Myeon didn’t wait long before opened the bottle cap and took a sip of his favourite drink.

        Later, his eyes radiated sparkles that could make everyone near him blinded by the shine. “It’s delicious!” Then, he kept drinking the banana milk as if he didn’t want to share it with anyone.

        Kayla exchanged looks with Kai and they smiled. Kai then pulled her closer to his side and whispered something into Kayla’s right ear.

        “Thanks for giving me a smart and cute son.”

        After that, Kayla could feel her face was burning from shyness. She hit Kai’s arm gently and leaned her head on his chest.

        “Thanks to you too…” 

        Both of them leaned closer to each other, wanted to kiss when...

        “Hello? Have you forgotten about us?” Kyungsoo blurted out and snapped them out from their romantic feelings.

        Kai swore at Kyungsoo inside his head when his best friend was laughing at them together with Joon Myeon. He walked forward and kept a safe distance from his wife, as he didn’t want Kyungsoo to start talking nonsense again.

        “By the way, where’s the couple?” Kai asked.

        Kyungsoo frowned and looked at him in confusion. “Who?”

        “Who else could it be? Of course our beloved Baekhyun and Chanyeol.” Kai answered. “From earlier, I didn’t see them. Did they come here with you?”

        Kyungsoo shook his head. “Nope. Baekhyun said that they will be here a bit late.” He looked at Joon Myeon who was still in his arms before turned to Kai. “He told me that he wanted to get some cookies for this little guy.”

        Kayla then turned to her left to look at the drawing that she had been staring every time whenever she was there. It had been drawn by herself for their Art course final project and it was Mr. Park idea to exhibit it at his art gallery.

        “Yeobo-ah, are you still thinking about him?” Kai asked as he glued his eyes on the drawing.

        Kayla didn’t say anything and just nodded. Without she realized, tears started rolling down on her cheeks before Kai wiped it for her.

        “Kayla, I understand how you feel right now. But, I’m sure hyung didn’t want to see you being sad like this.” He then brought his wife into his warm hug.

        “I really, really miss him. A lot.” Kayla sobbed and Kai had tightened up his arms around her.

        “It’s not nice to cry in front of his picture. Cheer up, yeobo-ah.” Kai looked down at Kayla who was hugging him while crying.

        “Look. He’s smiling to us.” Kai lifted up Kayla’s chin and wrapped his hand around her neck.

        When she looked at the drawing, she smiled a bit as Suho was looking at them, with a smile curved on his thin lips. The smile that Kayla really missed a lot since his death.

        Suddenly, Joon Myeon spoke out and his words had made three of them went speechless.

        “It will be great if Uncle Suho is still here with us. I hope he will be happy ever after in the heaven.” He smiled towards them who was looking at him in silence.

        “And, may God will bless him always. Amen.” He then prayed silently in heart and no one knew what he prayed for, except for himself and God.

        Kayla couldn’t control her tears from falling again and hugged Kai immediately as she felt that can comfort her a bit. Kai understood and hugged her back, and kissed her head with full of love. He promised to himself to stay beside his wife, no matter what happened. Back then, Suho had also reminded him to take care of Kayla and took her as his wife, as Suho said he will be the most happiest person on earth if his dream will come true, to see them get married eventhough he wasn’t there to witness the big day for both of them.

        ‘Hyung, I’ll always remember my promises to you. And, we promise that we’ll never, ever forget about you. Eventhough you had left us physically, but your soul is still alive with us. No one will able to replace you in our heart, hyung. I hope you will rest in peace, Kim Joon Myeon.’

 

 

---END---