Chapter 12

Mr. Stalker

KAI was sitting at the balcony, looking at the city light from their condo when he saw Suho got out from his room with a black suit that well-wrapped his silhouette. He looked bright and Kai was wondering where he is going at this hour in a nice suit. He walked towards Suho and at the time he wanted to ask him, suddenly Chanyeol appeared from the kitchen with a glass of milk in his hand.

        “Hyung, don’t forget to send my regards to Kayla.” He smiled and at the moment he turned back, he was surprised to see Kai was standing not far from them. He was totally sure that Kai had heard his words just now. Opps!

        Kai froze at his place and stared mindlessly at Suho who was standing in front of the mirror to fix his cloth. He could see Kai’s reflection in the mirror and he smiled at him. “I’m going for a first date with Kayla. Please pray for me, okay?”

        Kai didn’t say a word and just nooded at Suho’s words. ‘So, he’s going out with Kayla? He really likes her, I guess.’ He could only see Suho waved at them and walked out from the house. At that time, he felt some sort of pain in his heart. He had to admit that he felt jealous to see Suho was able to go out with her and he couldn’t do anything.

        Kai wanted to make a move on Kayla but after he knew that Suho also like the same girl, he couldn’t help but to let it be. For him, he would like to see his friend to be happy eventhough he needed to bear all the pain by watching them being close from day by day.

        Chanyeol could see a frustration look on Kai’s face, and he hated it so much. ‘It was because of me. I’m sure he is thinking about Kayla right now.’ He braved himself and moved towards Kai.

        “Are you okay?” He asked Kai.

        Kai stared at him effortlessly. He nodded and hoped Chanyeol will understand his condition right now. He knew that he shouldn’t be mad at him, and took the blame all by himself.

        “I was being at the wrong place on the wrong time.”

        Chanyeol gulped. Honestly, he didn’t know how to cheer up his friend. He thought it will be much better if Baekhyun was with them but currently, he was at his parents’ place. In their group, only Baekhyun could soothe down Kai if he had some problems and only he could cheer him up.

        “I know that you’re thinking about her, right? I’m very sorry and I know I didn’t suppose to…”

        Kai stood up and looked at Chanyeol with watery eyes. He tried not to let Chanyeol felt it was his fault and put up a fake smile. In this matter, it was no one faults. After convincing Chanyeol that he was okay, he walked out from the condo and headed to the park nearby. He wanted to free his mind from thinking about the relationship between Suho and Kayla.

        He let out a heavy sigh. He felt terrible and he had lost his dream to make Kayla as his life partner. “I should confess earlier to her and dare to take her out. But, I had missed the chance as she’s going to accept Suho as her boyfriend, not me.” Then, he screamed his heart out and felt much better afterwards. At least, he could able to forget them for a little while, eventhough he knew that he will not be able to forget about the girl that he had fell in love with.

* *

        “Yes.”

         She could see Suho was smiling widely and a moment later, she had realized the things that she just said and now, she regretted it. A lot. Kayla also didn’t have the idea why she could say the word and it had slipped from her lips out of her control. ‘Pabo.’

        In front of her, she could see Suho was taking out a tiny heart-shaped red-coloured box from his suit’s pocket. She was wondering the content in that box eventhough she might figure it out a moment later.

        A diamond ring.

        Kayla had knew it. Now, she was feeling guilty towards Kai, the boy that she loves, and he indeed loves her too. ‘What should I do now?’ She thought to herself.

        When she looked aside, Suho was already on his knee, with the ring in his hand. He cleared his throat before started to talk.

        “Kayla Park, I really like you and I had fallen in love with you from the very first moment my eyes hooked up to you. With this..” He moves closer towards Kayla who was stiffen on her chair and she would know what will happen next, and truthfully, she didn’t prepared herself for that thing yet.

        “..Would you be mine?”

        The words that came out from his mouth had made her jaws dropped. She was waiting for someone else to say it, not Suho and probably not today.

        “I…I…But..” She couldn’t talk more as Suho put his finger onto her lips.

        “Sshh.” He took her hand and put up the expansive ring onto her finger. The ring looked pretty but she didn’t deserve it.

        ‘How am I going to do about this? Should I say no and took off this ring? Should I tell him the truth about Kai? But..'

        Kayla couldn’t do anything as she looked Suho was delighted and he even started to talk about their future. Their future. She wanted to tell him everything but she just couldn’t. She didn’t want to spoil his mood and made him embarrassed in the public. She just couldn't.

 

To be continued~