Chapter 36

Mr. Stalker

“HYUNG, take a very good care of yourself there.” Baekhyun said and gave Suho a tight hug, as he felt a burden to let him go.

        “Yeah, and don’t ever forget about me, arachi?” This time, it was Chanyeol’s turn to give him a hug, and planted a kiss on Suho’s cheek that made Baekhyun looked at him in anger.

        “Park Chanyeol, what is that for?”

        Chanyeol looked at him in disbelief. “It was a goodbye kiss. So, what?”

        Baekhyun pouted and turned to the other way. Seeing his best friend sulking like that, Chanyeol laughed and pulled him into a hug, and kissed him in front of Suho and Kai.

        “Yah, what are you doing?” He got rid of Chanyeol’s smooch by rubbing his left cheek hard, until it became red.

        “It’s in public, you know.” Baekhyun said and made all of them smiled.

        Kai then walked closer to Suho and gave him a warm hug. Later on, he could feel his tears flowing down his cheeks, but he didn’t bother to wipe it away.

        “Hyung, I’ll miss you.” Kai said in between his sobs. “Can you just cancel this plan? Tell your mom that you didn’t want to go there.”

        Suho smiled bitterly and broke their hugs. “I can’t, Kai. It is a part of her responsibilities and I couldn’t let her go there alone.”

        Working as a doctor, Suho really understand about his mother job. She had gone here and there to give some of the unfortunate people the best service that she could to cure their illnesses. This time, Mrs. Kim was assigned to South Africa, after being working at Seoul State Hospital for several years. Seemed that he had finished his final exam, his mother asked him to accompany her, so that she will not feel lonely through spending her time there.

        Being the eldest son in the family, he had to take care of his mother and his other siblings as their father had passed away years ago. Since then, he had a strong bond formed with his mother and he couldn’t let her to go anywhere alone. That’s why he agreed to follow her even though at first he didn’t want to. And thank God his little brother and sister had went into college, so that he didn’t need to worry about them, as they were big enough to take care of themselves.

        “Hyung, where is your mom? Since earlier, we didn’t see her.” Chanyeol asked, while having his arms around Baekhyun’s neck as he hugged him from behind.

        “She had gone to the ticket counter, to check our tickets that we booked last week.” Suho said and then, Kai noticed his eyes were wandering around.

        “Hyung, what are you looking for?”

        Suho was startled and gave him a smile. “Nothing. I just…”

        “Chanyeol-ah, can you accompany me to that store?” Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol’s shirt and pointed at Famous Amos cookies store at the far end.

        “Hyung, this kid wants to go to that cookies store for a while. We’ll be right back.” Chanyeol said and dragged Baekhyun along with him.

        Then, Baekhyun smacked his arm and got Chanyeol’s attention to him.

        “Who do you call kid just now?” He stared at him and Chanyeol pinched his cheek while laughing.

        “You, of course!”

        “Yah, Park Chanyeol! Just wait!” He ran after Chanyeol who had left him behind.

        On the other hand, Suho and Kai smiled when looking at that couple who walked hand-in-hand into the store.

        “Kai.” Suho called him and Kai got his eyes on his leader.

        “Wae, hyung?”

        “It’s nothing actually..But, I just want to ask you something.” He said and took a seat at the steel bench near them.

        “As you please, hyung.” Kai then took a seat beside him, waiting patiently for his question.

        “Did you tell Kayla I’m leaving?” Suho asked. There was a worried look plastered on his face. He was just afraid if he didn’t have time to see her for the very last time.

        Kai sighed and looked into Suho’s eyes. “I had told her, but she resisted to come along. Maybe she still…”

        “I understand. Moreover, it was my own fault that made her hate me.”

         “Hyung, I’m sorry. Don’t ever said like that again, okay?” Kai patted his shoulder gently, tried to calm him down.

        “Don’t worry, Kai. I’ll not.” He shot a quick smile at him and glanced at his wristwatch.

        “It still has an hour before I depart.” He let out a heavy sigh, and his eyes became watery. “Deep inside my heart, I didn’t want us to be separated. I’m afraid if…”

        “Hyung, don’t talk about this again.” Kai pulled him into his hug, wrapping his arms around Suho to comfort him.

        “I just…”

        “Hyung, please. It will only make your heart sick.” Kai said while Suho’s soft, brunette hair.

        Kai himself, if he could, he wants Suho to stay with them forever. He afraid if something might happen in the future, afraid if today is their last day with him. Who knows if tomorrow he will…

        ‘Oh God, please don’t let it happen. We don’t prepare ourselves yet to lose him.’

 

* *

 

        That night, there was a storm and the rain poured down heavily and from afar, lightning strikes could be seen across the pitch-black sky.

        “Are you sure you didn’t want to come with me?”

        “Nope.”

        Suho is going to leave to South Africa tonight. At first she wanted to follow suit Kai but after gave it a thought, she cancelled her intention. For her, Suho’s actions were unforgivable and they were still fresh in her mind. From the outside, people might know that she still mad at her ex-boyfriend, but deep inside her heart, it was not the same. Kayla herself didn’t know why she felt no more anger and hatred towards Suho. Their bittersweet memories came into her mind, and stayed there for few minutes, when suddenly Suho’s images disappeared when she received a call.

        Who’s the hell that call her at that time?

        “Kayla-ah…”

         It was Haeri. ‘What more does she wants from me?’

        “Waeyo?” She answered half-heartedly as she was not in the mood to talk to anybody.

        “Tonight, sunbae will leave. You didn’t go to the airport to send him away?”

        Kayla sighed and sat up straight on her bed.

        “I don’t have mood to go anywhere. Let him be. I just don’t want to…”

        “But, he used to be your boyfriend, right?” Haeri asked.

        “Ex-boyfriend. Take note of that.” Kayla stressed on the word ‘ex’, hinting Haeri that they were over and she didn’t want to know anything about him anymore.

        “I know, but…” Haeri didn’t manage to finish up her words as Kayla cut her off.

        “Please, Haeri. I don’t want you to talk and mention his name anymore. Got it?”

        “Kayla, Taejung oppa had called me a few times and asked about your whereabouts. Suho had messaged him and asked why we both didn’t come to the airport.” Haeri’s words were enough to make her went speechless.

        She thought Suho had forgotten her, and didn’t care about her anymore, but she was wrong. He was still the same boy who Kayla knew as a loving and caring sunbae.

        ‘Maybe I didn’t suppose to blame him, but myself?’

        “Kayla, are you still there?”

        Haeri’s question had snapped her back to the reality. She cleared as nothing happened.

        “Yeah, I still hear you.”

        “Nope. Don’t lie to me, chingu. You’re thinking about something, right?” Haeri chuckled before continued. “I had befriended with you from the elementary school. So, tell me anything but lie.”

        Haeri’s correct guess had made Kayla shocked. She admitted that the best friend of her should become a psychic for her side income.

        “Talking about this, you didn’t go with your Tae Jung oppa to the airport?” It was Kayla’s turn to ask her.

        “I want to, but something came up at home. Earlier, we received a call from the hospital telling that Aunt Seyeon was admitted there with suspected dengue.”

        “I’m sorry to hear that. So, are you still at the hospital?” Kayla asked in worried as she had met in person with Haeri’s aunt, and she indeed a kind-hearted and happy-go-lucky person. She was very sure that the bad news had upset Haeri’s family.

        “Ani. I’ve already got back, and Tae Jung oppa drove me home. He came to the hospital right after he sent Suho sunbae at the airport.”

        Kayla nodded eventhough Haeri couldn’t see her. She looked at the clock on the bedside table. It shown 9.30 p.m., there was still about 30 minutes before Suho’s plane departed from Seoul International Airport. Her heart still wavered whether she wants to go to the airport or just stayed at home, waiting for some news from Kai.

        “Kayla, I’ll call you again soon. My mom is calling for me. Remember; follow what your heart is saying. I just don’t want you to regret soon.”

        Kayla hung up the call and she threw her sight across the room.

        ‘Just go, meet him for the last time.’

        ‘Don’t. He just went there for a few years, and he will come back soon.’

        ‘Kayla, ignore this rascal and you need to listen to me for this time. Suho really wants to see you and who knows, this will be the last time both of you meet each other.’

        ‘Just stay in this room and do your own work. Pay no attention to this.’

        “Haeri was right. Maybe it will be our last meeting before he goes.” Kayla grabbed her bag and walked out from the room.

        At the time she reached at the doorway, someone was ringing the bell.

        “Is anybody home?”

        Kayla quickly recognized the voice. It was Kai. She opened the door and she couldn’t see anyone else with him.

        “Where’s…”

        “Suho hyung’s plane departed earlier from the schedule. I came here right after I bid him our last goodbye.” Kai said and Kayla just stared blankly at him.

        “That’s good.” She muttered under her breath and Kai didn’t hear her. She could only realize what she had said moments later, as she followed Kai into the house.

        ‘How could I say like that?’

 

To be continued~


*A/N: I'm so sorry for this late update. Jeongmal mianhe! *bow 90 degrees* Just got wifi line today. Huhuu~
  
p/s: Sorry if there's any grammar errors and misused of the languages. I'll correct and edit them from time to time. ^^