Chapter 16

Mr. Stalker

THERE was no one at the college’s library on weekends. Many of the students didn’t like to get themselves being surrounded by various types of books as the youth preferred to hang out with their buddies at shopping malls. Being alone in that huge, deserted library made Kayla sleepy and yet, she still needs to study and do some researches for her assignments.

        She didn’t know when she felt asleep and later, she was already in a dream. In front of her, there was a garden full of cherry blossoms trees and she swore that was the most beautiful scenery that she ever seen in her whole life. Kayla couldn’t be sure if she is in heaven right now.

        Driven by the stunning landscape of the surrounding, she walked further into the garden and from afar, she could see a man’s silhouette standing under one of the trees. Filled with curiousity, Kayla made her way towards him. Then, the man turned and it was a shock for her. ‘Am I dreaming right now?’

        In front of her, there was Kai, smiling and he was holding a bouquet of flowers and she could see he was wearing a black tuxedo as if he was getting married.

        “I’m waiting for you, Kayla.”

        There was no reason for Kayla to think of.

        “You look beautiful, my lovely bride.” Kai said.

        WHAT?! His bride? What is going on here??

        Suddenly, she could hear footsteps were approaching them.

        “STOP!” A man yelled. “You can’t marry her!”

        The moment Kayla turned her head, Kai dashed towards her and got the girl into his arms. Kayla couldn’t move and she was staring at Kai’s chest. She tried to take a look behind, but Kai held still her head.

        “I’ll not let you take Kayla away from me.”

        “Yes, I will. I’m sure that Kayla only loves me. Not you.”

        Suho? The name popped out on her mind. Is that man could be Suho? And he was fighting with Kai because of me?

        Kai lowered down his face and looked on Kayla. She could see Kai’s eyes were full of tears and he seemed to control himself not to let the tears out.

        “Kayla,” Kai spoke, before continued, “could you tell him that you only love me? And we are getting married together?”

        “But, Kai…”

        “Please Kayla, I beg you.” Kai sobbed and wiped away his tears.

        ‘What should I do??’ Kayla asked herself in confusion.

        Seconds went off before Kayla cleared and ready to face Suho. By looking at the current situation, she didn’t know what to say exactly. Before she could say anything, her lips were locked with Kai’s. She herself didn’t realized when Kai leaned towards her for the kiss. Her heart beats fast and she couldn’t do anything, as her body was frozen to the ground.

* *

        “Kayla..”

        Someone was calling her name and she woke up right away while rubbing her sleepy eyes. But, no one was in sight. It’s weird, though.

        “Kayla!”

        She jumped off the seat when Suho’s face appeared just a few inches from hers. “Sunbae!”

        “You felt asleep just now.” A sweet smile curved on his pink, kissable lips. Accidentally, Kayla threw her look on his lips and stared at it as the memory of the dream rushed back into her mind.

       Suho felt it was strange when Kayla examined his face as if his nose is dislocated from its place. ‘Is there anything wrong with my face?’

        “Kai…”

        For a second, he could feel his heart beats faster than usual. It was not because he was nervous, but it was about something else. He could hear it loud and clear, and he didn’t need any explanation for it.

       Suho got up and stared blankly at her. “I think I need to go first. Sorry.”

        “Wait!” Kayla tried to catch him up but failed. He dashed out from the library in the blink of eye without turning back. ‘What’s wrong with him?’

        After that, she felt it was no use to stay there as she couldn’t focus on her assignments anymore. Her mind flew to think about the earlier. ‘Is he mad at me?’ Nothing could be thought of by Kayla to answer that.

        With her mind was wandering around, she didn’t see where she was going and had herself bumped into someone at the library entrance.

        “Oops, I’m very sorry! I didn’t notice you.”

        “Kai??”

        The boy lifted his head the moment his name being called. ‘Kayla?’

        The time seemed to stop for both of them. It was the first time they met face to face since the kissing incident on the rooftop. None of them had said anything for the past few seconds.

        ‘I..I need to go…” Kayla wanted to walk away but Kai was fast enough to stop her and grabbed her wrist tight.

        “Let us talk. Just for a minute.” He sounded serious.

        She just followed his steps and they stopped under a tree. Kai turned himself to face Kayla and he needed to admit that he longed for the look of her face. The face that had stole his heart at the first place.

        “I have something to ask you.”

        They spoke out in chorus. Kayla closed and she could see Kai was speechless too.

        “Lady’s first.”

        She hesitated and wondered how to start. After a few seconds searching for the right words, she spoke. “Do you know what happened to Suho? He was weird when I met him just now.”

        Hearing of Suho’s name, his face changed. ‘They had met?’

        She was waiting for an answer but none came out from Kai’s mouth. He stared straight into her eyes and looked like he was holding back his anger.

        “Is that all? All you want to ask is about Suho?”

        She was right. Kai was angry.

        “And you didn’t ever bother to ask about me?” He added.

        “And why you didn’t even greet me when we meet?”

        Kayla was shocked and taken aback with the words. ‘Now he even blames me on his mistake? Why on earth he behaves like this? He’s the one who was wrong!’

        “I HATE YOU!” She cried her heart out and walked away, leaving Kai who was dumbfounded alone.

 

To be continued~