Chapter 29

Mr. Stalker

* Enjoy reading while listening to BTS 'Just One Day' :) *

 

STANDING in front of that house had made him shivered, thinking whether to press on the bell or not. This was all Suho’s plans, in order to make him become closer to the girl that he knew Kai loves with all his heart.

        ‘Hyung, help me!’ He shouted in his heart for Suho’s help. He surely didn’t know what to do; eventhough Suho had told him everything that he needed to know on how to make the first move.

        At the moment he wanted to ring the bell, suddenly the door opened up by itself. Then, he could hear a familiar voice from behind the door.

        “Mom, I’m going out for a while.”

         At the moment Kayla stepped out from the door, she nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw Kai was standing like a statue in front of her. Unable to balance herself, she fell flat onto Kai and both of them hit the ground hard.

        “Ouch!” Kai screamed in pain when he fell onto the ground with Kayla on top of him, and he could feel the double ache on his back.

        “Oh God!” Kayla stood up straight after she realized she was lying on Kai’s body. She helped him to stand and blood rushed up her face, making her blushing.

        Kai tried to straighten his back when he winced. He frowned as he was enduring the pain that was throbbing on his back. Kayla then noticed something wrong with the boy in front of her. He might feel pain from the fall, she thought.

        “Are you okay?” A worried look was visible on her face. Later on, her mother appeared at the doorway.

        “Kai? What are you doing here? It looks like you’re in pain.” Mrs. Park asked. “Kayla, invite your boyfriend in.” She continued before disappeared into the house.

        “Mom! He’s not my…” Her words suspended when she saw Kai’s face. She helped him to walk inside as he was still in pain. Looking at his condition, she felt sorry for him. I might have gained weight, she said to herself.

        “Thanks.” Kai said while Kayla sat him down on the sofa in the living room. Few seconds later, her mother came out with a bottle of traditional medication ointment in her hand and took a seat beside Kai.

        “Dear, pulled up your shirt a little. I’m going to put this ointment on your back.” Mrs. Park said and opened the bottle.

        “Mrs. Park, it’s okay. I can do it by myself.” He tried to take the ointment bottle from her hand but she brought it away.

        “How can you apply on the ointment if you can’t see your back? Let me do it for you.” She replied. “Besides, you don’t need to be embarrassed with me. Who knows, one day you might…”

        “Kai, you should hear to my mom. Otherwise she will nag at you non-stop.” Before Mrs. Park could finish up her words, Kayla cut her off. She kind of knew what her mother is going to say. She better stopped her first before anything unpredictable spilled out from .

        “Okay then.” Kai complied with Kayla’s words. He lifted up his shirt and a bruise mark could be clearly seen on his .

        “Oh, it just a bruise. Nothing serious.” Mrs. Park gently put on the ointment over the bruise and Kai flinched a bit. “Opps, I’m sorry.”

        “It’s okay, Mrs. Park.” Kai answered.

        Kayla could see the bruise from her place and she sat quietly beside her mother. She felt guilty for making Kai became like that. The bruise seemed to be darker from time to time. At the bottom of her heart, she prayed that the bruise will heal anytime soon.

        “Kai, you still didn’t answer my question. What make you came here?” Mrs. Park pulled down his shirt back carefully, not to touch the bruised area.

        “Actually, I’m here to take Kayla out. So, can I ask for your permission to go out with your daughter, Mrs. Park?” Kai asked and got his eyes fixed on Kayla who looked surprised.

        Mrs. Park looked at them alternately. She nodded and stood up, taking the ointment bottle along with her. “Yes, you may, Kai. Please take care of her, arasso?” She smiled at both of them and went into the kitchen.

        For Kayla, her mother’s words went into her right ear and came out from the other side. She couldn’t believe her mother could say like that. But, she felt thankful. At least, her mother allowed her to go out. With Kai.

 

* *

 

        “This is for you.” Kai handed her a cup of chocolate ice cream with a marshmallow on top of it. It was her favourite, and Kai knew that.

        Kayla wanted to ask him, but she remembered something. Kai was her secret admirer, and also her 'official stalker'. She sighed and that had brought Kai’s attention to her.

        “You didn’t like it? But, I think it is indeed your favourite.” Kai asked. He looked concerned as if Kayla didn’t want to eat the ice cream that he bought.

        The two of them were at the amusement park, eventhough Kayla wanted to go for shopping. It was because of him. He was the one who insisted Kayla to go to this place along with him. Kai didn’t want anything more, than having Kayla to be with him. Although it was only for a day.

        “No,no..” Kayla denied. She was afraid if Kai would become sad and frustrated. Then, she took a spoon mouthful of the ice cream and threw a smile at Kai.

        “It was delicious. Thanks..”

        Then, Kai moved closer to her and Kayla froze at her place, thinking what Kai will do to her.

        “There’s some on your mouth.” He wiped cleaned the end of her lips with his thumb and smirked. “Eat slowly, yeobo-ah..”

        Upon hearing that words, Kayla choked on her ice cream and coughed non-stop. Tears were starting to flow out from her eyes.

        “Drink this!” Kai looked worried and handed her a bottle of mineral water. Kayla took it and slurped it down .

        Seconds later, she didn’t cough anymore and felt relieved. “Thanks, Kai.”

        “It’s not a big deal, Kayla.” He her hair and Kayla moved away an inch.

        “So...” She was stuttering and threw her look around that amusement park. “…how long are we going to stay here?”

        Kai didn’t say anything and stood up. He then dragged Kayla to somewhere. “We’ll go back after I ride that thing!” He fastened up his steps and Kayla looked up ahead.

        “That thing??” Her eyes fixed at the ride in front of her. Whack-Your-Head Rollercoaster. ‘WHAT?!’

        “Are we going to ride this?? For real??” Kayla asked at the moment Kai stepped on the stairs, wanted to go up to the platform.

        “Yeah. Come on! There are not many people here. Palli!” Before she could say anything, Kai pulled her hands and they climbed up the stairs and headed to the platform.

        “But, can I wait for you down there? I’m afraid!!” Kayla told him the truth and Kai just laughed at her.

        “You don’t need to feel afraid. I’m here.” Kai then pushed her into the rollercoaster and he slid in after that.

         “If you’re afraid, just hold my hand, arachi?” He ruffled her hair just before the rollercoaster started moving.

        Along the ride, all Kayla could do was screaming her lungs out. And, since the rollercoaster started, she didn’t let go of Kai’s hand. She held his left hand tightly as if her life was depending on it.

        “Wohoo! Isn’t it fantastic?” Kai cried in joy after spending their time riding the rollercoaster – twice!

        “I hate you!” Kayla left him behind and walked towards the small lake near the ticket booth. Kai who was startled tried to catch her up and grabbed her hand in time before she went further.

        “Kayla, I’m sorry!” He then pulled Kayla into a warm hug. “I promise I’ll not bring you to ride the rollercoaster again.”

        “I’ll not going anywhere with you anymore.” Kayla answered and tried to push him away, but to no avail, as Kai tighten his hug.

        “I’m sure you’ll not get what you wish for.” He chuckled.

        “What do you mean, psycho?”

        Kai laughed and looked down to Kayla. At that time, their eyes met and he leaned closer to her face.

        “This is what I mean. After this, you couldn’t run away from me.”

        In the blink of an eye, his lips were locked with hers, and to his amazement, Kayla just stood still, didn’t even try to resist the kiss.

 

To be continued~