Chapter 17

Mr. Stalker

MRS. Park was doing her gardening when Kayla came back home, crying. Putting aside the spade, she followed Kayla upstairs to check for her. ‘There must be something that had happened.’

        Kayla didn’t note her mother presence and ran towards her room. The door slammed off loudly and had startled up Mrs. Park who just got in front of her room.

        “I hate him!” Kayla threw herself on the bed and continued to cry.

        Mrs. Park slightly turned the doorknob and from outside, she saw Kayla was crying hard. Seeing her daughter in that condition, she became worried and made her way close to her. She hugged Kayla in order to soothe her down, hoping that she will stop crying soon and able to tell her the problems.

        “Mom!” Kayla tightly hugged her mother back and cried even louder in her embrace. “I hate Kai!”

        “Kai? Who is it?” Mrs. Park frowned when she heard that name for the first time. ‘Is he happened to be her boyfriend?’

        She wiped away the tears and sat up straight to face her mother. ‘I guess it’s time to tell her everything.’ Kayla told herself.

        It took her about 5 minutes to actually told her mother about everything, every single detail that she needed to know. Kayla was being bold and every fact that she told her mother, Mrs. Park’s face expression changed. Kayla tried to hide her smile while looking at her mother was trying to take down her words slowly.

        “Is that true?”

        Kayla gave her a nod. ‘Wow, it’s such a complicated triangle love story.’ Suddenly, she clapped and pulled Kayla into a hug.

        “You’re daebak!”

        Huh??

        “I know my daughter is such a great, strong girl that even managed to survive through this complicated love story…”

        “Mom!” Kayla blurted out.

        “…So, who do you choose?”

        Ouch! It’s a nerve-wrecking question.

        ‘Oh God, now, what should I really need to do??’ Kayla gone blank and speechless, not knowing what else to say to her mother.

        The truth is, she didn’t really mind who Kayla will choose to be her boyfriend or lifetime partner. As long as her daughter is happy, so it will not become a big problem for her. For her, this matter will make Kayla as an independent and mature girl as she begins to think seriously afterwards.

**

        “I’m so stupid!” He screamed out loud while facing the Han River. He threw his view at the other side of the river and let out a heavy sigh. He didn’t head straight home as he needed some time to clear his mind from the problems, so he stopped by at the park.

        “I’m so selfish. I only think about my feelings but not Kayla’s.” He kicked away the small stone that was in front of him and sat on the grass. Kai scratched the back of his head and leaned on the ground.

        ‘Why must she ask about Suho, despite the fact that they had just met?’ Kai asked himself. He also didn’t have the answer for that question. He was so angry back then until he didn’t manage to ask Kayla what actually happened.

        Suddenly, someone appeared before his eyes and blocked his view of the clear sky. He got up and brushed away the dirt from his pants before got his eyes stucked to the figure in front of him. To his surprised, it was someone who he didn’t want to meet anymore.

        “Hye, long time no see.” That girl let out a chuckle when she looked at Kai’s shocked face.

        Seeing Jiyeon in the floral blouse along with a knee-cut black skirt, he couldn’t deny that his ex-girlfriend looked fine in that attire and she looked different too.

        “Hey. Never thought to meet you here.” It had been almost 3 months since the last time they met. And for that last time of their meeting, he had made Jiyeon burst in tears as he broke up with her. That was something that Kai couldn’t take out from his mind. And he sure the same went with Jiyeon.

        Kai looked over her shoulders, to the right and left. “Are you here all alone?” He tried to sound cool as he wanted to hide the fact that he was thinking about his problems with Kayla.

        She threw a smile and looked behind. “Nope. I’m here with Sanghoon. He went to buy ice-creams.”

        Kai frowned. “Sanghoon? Who...”

        “He’s my boyfriend, and a fiancé to be.” Jiyeon couldn’t hide a wide smile on her face and Kai indicated she was happily in love with that boy.

        “Lucky you.” He whispered but Jiyeon overheard it.

        “I’m sorry? Who’s the lucky one?” Jiyeon looked puzzled.

        Kai cleared his throat. “I mean, your fiancé-to-be is a lucky person to get you as his partner.” Afterwards, silence went between them. Kai felt awkward and he himself could hear his heart thumped from the inside.

        Minutes later, he could see someone was approaching towards them. There were two ice-creams in his hands and he could be seen smiling from afar.

        “Jiyeon-ah, I’m back.” Sanghoon handed the vanilla flavoured ice-cream to her. “This is yours.”

        Jiyeon took it and showed him a smile. “Thanks oppa!”

        Kai just looked at the couple and let out a fake cough, to remind them that he was still there.

        “Opps, sorry. This is Oh Sanghoon, and oppa, this is Kai. He’s my…college mate.”

        Sanghoon extended his arm and shook hands with Kai. He only could smile and deep in his heart, he felt jealous. Jiyeon already found his replacement, but not for him.

        “I’ll go first. And, nice to meet you, hyung.” Kai left them and quickly hopped onto his motorbike and got off from the place.

        ‘May we meet again, Kai.’ Jiyeon followed Kai’s motorbike with the end of her eyes before he completely vanished from the sight.

 

To be continued~