Stone Angel 3: A Repeat

Files of The Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He’s aware that his desk – hell, his office – looked like a complete mess but he made no move to organize everything into the neat stacks and piles like he usually did. Sheet upon sheet of paper and copies of files were on his desk. There were opened books, too, aside from the mountain that was already on the floor beside his chair that rose so high, he wouldn’t be surprised if it tipped over. He knew he should be more systematic and tidier with his research but damn, he was already a not-so-proud owner of a migraine and even though he felt like he’d read an endless amount of material, there wasn’t much that he was able to gather.

Kris Wu was lost.

Despite the demands of the current case, he’d made it a point to do as Changmin had asked, to research more about how Sooyoung could have more control over herself and her visions. He’d added to that, wanting to know if these visions had some adverse effects on her and why she was having them to begin with. Yes, it was a psychic ability. They all knew that. But why this specific ability? Why her? Why was she able to see events that were about to happen but in other times, she saw them once they were done?

Kris groaned, reaching up to pinch the bridge of his nose. He’d been able to find clues and bits of information, alright, but it wasn’t enough. And he knew deep down that if he wanted more in depth answers, he wasn’t going to find it in the books in his office or in sheets of paper that had the information he printed off the net.

“I’m going to have to go to China.” He mused out loud.

He knew there was no way he could leave now. It wasn’t just that this serial murder case seemed like it was heading nowhere fast. He was fully aware of how dangerous this case was and as the healer, he just couldn’t fly his to China in the middle of it. It wasn’t that he thought Donghae was incapable of taking care of the team. He and Donghae had different areas of expertise that needed each other. And even though it didn’t seem like they were dealing with any spirit on this case, he wasn’t just going to take the chance.

“After the case, then.” He reasoned. “If we manage to finish it as soon as possible.”

A quick glance at the desk calendar told him that the new year was days away. He wondered where he’d be by then.

~*~*~*~*~*~

For someone who valued sleep so much, he sure chose the wrong job.

Peering through heavy eyes, Siwon made his way through the police station, doing his best not to knock anything or anyone over as he walked. He figured he looked really stupid at the moment but he couldn’t care less. All he wanted to do now was to get to the conference room that had served as the base of the operations, sit down on a chair, and maybe snooze for a minute or two… or up until Yoona and Yunho arrived with the promised coffee. Sure, he could always make his own coffee. But who in their right mind would say no to free gifts?

Barely containing the yawn that threatened to escape him, he reached a hand out to push the door to the conference room, nearly stepping back with a start when he realized someone was inside.

“Officer Choi.” The janitor snapped a salute. “Good morning, sir.”

“You’re early.” Siwon commented as he shut the door behind him.

“Actually, sir, my shift’s about to end.” The middle-aged man promptly replied, keeping a firm grip on his basket of supplies. “Can I get you some coffee, sir?”

“No, thank you.” He shook his head. “You should get home soon. You’ve worked hard.”

“You as well, sir.” The janitor nodded. “Best of luck, Officer. Looks like you really need it.”

“Yeah, I appreciate it.” Siwon left it at that, waiting until he was alone in the room before he sank down on one of the chairs. But before he could mull over taking a nap, the door was shoulder opened, Yunho stepping in first with two steaming cups of coffee in his hands. Yoona followed after him with a cup of coffee in one hand and an armful of folders in another. Siwon was on his feet when Chief Ahn came in, saluting his boss properly before he took the coffee Yunho offered him.

Chief Ahn waited until the three were somewhat settled before he spoke. “We’ve managed to coordinate with the police assets working in the underground drug trade to see if it’s possible for them to come up with a list of GHB purchases in the past few weeks.”

Siwon took a long, calming swig of his drink. “Not that I doubt our assets abilities but the chances they’ll be able to do it and that we’ll be able to get any useful information of it are slim.”

“I agree.” Yunho nodded, flipping open a rather thick folder of data. “But we have to try. We have nothing – again – as it is.”

“Desperate times call for desperate measures.” Chief Ahn leaned back in his seat. “As much as this society can do without ual offenders, the same can be said for serial killers. Yunho, Yoona, how is the Psychic Research team doing?”

Yoona looked up from her notes. “They’re scheduled for another séance, sir. But this time they’re focusing on the locations where the bodies of the ual offenders’ victims were found.”

“That’s good. That’s really good.” Chief Ahn ran a hand down his face. “Makes me wish we thought of it sooner.”

“They’re not sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter