Cruella 4: A Little Too Late

Files of The Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s over… It’s all over…”

Sooyoung slowly opened her eyes and blinked at the sight she was met with. She was in a bedroom. A very messed up bedroom.

Shards of glass littered the floor along with various pieces of clothing, makeup, books, and magazines. She was seated on a bed, staring at the mess before her. Everything was dim, too dim for liking, and she tried to stand but found her body uncooperative. Instead, she watched, stunned, as her gaze moved, seemingly on its own, to look at the hands on her lap.

The hands were pale, slim and long… and wrinkled. They weren’t hers.

“What’s going on?” She tried to open to say those words, but they stayed close. The cold feeling of horror washed her. She knew she was Sooyoung. But what was going on?

Suddenly, her body stood and began to walk, uncaring of what she stepped on. Sooyoung inwardly hissed as she felt the bits of glass cut her feet but her body kept walking, stopping only to stand before the nearly shattered mirror in the far corner of the room. Sooyoung would’ve gasped if she could, for standing before the mirror was a middle aged Joon Aejung.

She was in Joon Aejung’s body.

“It’s over… It’s all over…” Aejung whispered again. “I’m going to die.”

“Stop! Aejung, no!” Sooyoung wanted to scream, but again her lips did not move and instead, Aejung shifted to get something from her closet.

“Aejung, what are you doing? Dread washed over her when Aejung pulled out the longest belt she possessed before she straightened up and looked at the ceiling fan in the center of the room. “Oh my god…”

“It’s all over…”

“Aejung, please! No, no, no!” But her screams fell on rather deaf ears.

Sooyoung could only watch from the deep recesses of Aejung’s mind as she searched for a high stool she could stand on. It was like she was on autopilot, having to live through a horrible scene in a movie. Aejung merely stood on a stool for a long time and Sooyoung struggled to differentiate her thoughts and Aejung’s for she was in Aejung’s body and it meant Aejung’s words, thoughts, and actions were technically hers too. It seemed like a long, long time before Aejung moved again, wrapping the belt tightly around her neck.

“No!”

“I’m going to die…”

Aejung stood on her tiptoes and hooked the end of the belt on the fan. She stayed that way, contemplating when to kick the stool away.

~`~`~`~`~`~

Sooyoung had been unconscious for nearly two hours now.

The team had been caught off guard when Kris realized that she was having another vision so soon after the previous one and that sent the team on a frenzy. Heechul and Jessica had volunteered to try and pull her out of it but as much as they didn’t want to, Changmin and Kyuhyun shot the idea down, reasoning out that they didn’t know what the effect on Sooyoung would be and why she was pulled into another vision again. The twins, Amber and Kris had thrown themselves into research right away in hopes of finding any as to what kind of side effects a second immediate vision could have; Seohyun and Yoona being sent back to the PRIC office to recover more books and materials. For his part, Donghae whipped out his phone and called the hospital, barking out orders to get an oxygen tank and a heart monitor, among others, to be delivered to the orphanage as soon as possible. As it was, the young doctor stayed by the unconscious brunette’s side, monitoring her condition while majority of the team buried themselves in research; the equipment he had requested easily within reach should he need it. Yunho sat silently and stoically in the couch nearest Sooyoung; his face ashen and distraught. Boa sat unsurely across him before she stood, quietly offering to make everyone tea before she left with Seohyun in tow.

 Yoona abandoned the researching, opting to sit beside Yunho and hold his hand. “Guys, anything?”

“Nothing yet.” Kyuhyun nearly growled out in reply. “Donghae?”

“She’s still unresponsive.”

~`~`~`~`~`~

“It’s time… It will be all over now.”

“No!”

~`~`~`~`~`~

“NO!” Donghae was suddenly on his feet at the same time Kris suddenly straightened up, knocking off his chair backward and making everyone in the room jump in surprise at his sudden outburst. “WE’RE LOSING HER!”

Heechul dropped the book he was holding; all color draining from his face. “What the …”

“What do you mean we’re losing her?!” Yunho demanded, already on his feet and staying where he was only because Yoona was holding him back; his eyes going wide when Sooyoung starting gasping for air and wheezing. “What’s going on with her?!”

“I-I don’t know.” The frantic doctor replied, reaching forward to press two of his fingers against her neck, just below her ear; the rest of the team gathering around the sofa. “Her heart beat’s slowing down!”

Changmin froze by her feet. “Is she being strangled or suffocated in her vision?”

“Maybe.” Jessica sniffed. “Someone do something!”

“We’re losing her, we’re losing her!” Donghae hurriedly rolled up his sleeves. “I’ll perform CPR.”

“I don’t think your kind of medicine will work on someone having a vision. Everyone, move out of my way!” Kris shouldered his way past Yunho and Kyuhyun. “I’ll do it.”

Kyuhyun turned wide, worried and frightened eyes at the Chinese native. “Will you be able to do it?”

“I’m gonna need a lot of energy.”

Jessica and Heechul placed their hands on his back without being asked, already muttering their incantations softly with their eyes closed. Everyone else made room for Kris and moved away from Sooyoung and the sofa, save for Donghae who hovered behind the trio in case his help was needed; Amber and Seohyun being kind enough to explain to Boa what Kris was about to do. A look of mixed determination and urgency settled on Kris’s face as he crouched by the sofa, reaching out to press four fingers to each temple of her head, suddenly grateful for his rather large hands as he easily pressed his thumbs on the center of her forehead. Closing his eyes, he began his soft chanting; his eyebrows furrowing in concentration. Wincing when he felt the large amount of energy leave him as he finally entered Sooyoung’s mind, the blonde man searched in its deep recesses for his brunette friend, frowning heavily when he couldn’t find her. Still, he continued chanting and looked harder for that elusive connection.

Donghae crouched down by the sofa, Sooyoung’s limp and cold hand in his as he pressed his fingers against her wrist. “Kris!” He yelled in alarm.

“I know!” He growled, summoning an even l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter