Drift 4: The Challenge

Files of The Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: This latest update is dedicated to sasaholic, who has been patiently writing on my wall regarding this fic and unknowingly helping me find my muse again just I thought it had gone missing.

To say the atmosphere was awkward to say the least was the understatement of the millennium.

The entire team had been shocked stiff the moment the spirit-controlled Yonghwa and Seohyun kissed, everyone nearly gawking at the very unexpected sight before them. Kris was the first one to snap out of his shock, elbowing Heechul not-so-kindly in the ribs, ignoring the glare he received for his efforts as he instructed the shaman to remove the spirits from the mediums’ bodies. Jessica had snapped back to Earth soon after and assisted Heechul, Seohyun and Yonghwa soon slumping on the ground once the two successfully drove away the spirits from their bodies.

What followed was a very tense and silent wait for either of the two to come back to conscious, Kris and Donghae moving to check the vital signs of the two mediums. Kris had just finished checking Seohyun when she stirred, her eyes blinking open as she sat up with the healer’s help. From where they stood at the side, Yoona had just asked both Changmin and Kyuhyun if mediums were aware of their surroundings whenever they were possessed. The answer came soon enough when, upon seeing Yonghwa’s still unconscious form beside her, Seohyun’s eyes widened and her face heated up as realization quickly dawned, Kris blinking in surprise when he suddenly found his arms full of a very embarrassed woman muttering under her breath about wanting the ground to open up and swallow her whole. The blonde healer sent a helpless look at the rest of the team, unsure of what he was supposed to do, fighting the growl that threatened to escape him when Changmin and Kyuhyun merely sent him twin smirks of amusement.

It was only when Donghae called out that Yonghwa was beginning to stir that Seohyun finally looked up from Kris’s chest. Before anyone could do or say anything, the medium was up on her feet and nearly made a run for the surveillance truck, Jessica and Sooyoung on her heels as she pulled the door the open and disappeared inside. Yoona had just managed to yank Amber inside the truck before the door was slammed shut.

“What am I going to do, what am I going to do…” Seohyun buried her face in her hands, the medium perched on the seat in the center. “This is so embarrassing… I don’t think I can even look at him. What am I–”

“It wasn’t you who kissed him. It was Nara who kissed Minjun.” Amber interrupted the older woman evenly.

Seohyun looked up helplessly. “But still.”

“I know that technically, it was your lips that kissed Yonghwa’s but it doesn’t mean anything because you two were both possessed.” Jessica shot Sooyoung a pointed look when the latter look like she was about to protest.

She nodded slowly. “Right…”

“Then problem solved.”

“It’s not that simple.” Seohyun groaned. “It’s still so embarrassing…”

“Look, I may not know Yonghwa at all but I’d like to think he’s a professional. He knows that it wasn’t really you who kissed him… or his lips that Minjun controlled. Whatever. The point is it’s just one of those weird, unexpected things that happen on the job.” The priestess shot Seohyun a meaningful look. “Or am I wrong?”

Seohyun bit her lower lip, falling silent for a while before she let out a sigh. “Well, I…”

“You…” Sooyoung prodded, nearly b at the seams with excitement.

“I sort of… like him. Just a little bit.” She flushed. “I don’t really really like him but… I… ah…”

Yoona reached out to pat her hand. “We know.”

“You know?” Seohyun repeated, looking even more mortified and losing all color on her face. “Am I that obvious?”

“Sort of.” Amber grinned slightly. “But we’re girls. We tend to have a radar for that kind of thing among ourselves.”

She paled “Do you think he knows?”

“You’d know the answer to that because we only met him today, remember?” Jessica raised her eyebrows when Seohyun hung her head. “What’s wrong’s about him knowing?”

“Jessica!” Seohyun exclaimed, conveying without words just why it was wrong.

“But what if he likes you too?” Sooyoung chimed in. “That’s so cute!”

“H-He doesn’t like me!”

Jessica smirked. “How sure are yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter