Drift 3: Double Trouble

Files of The Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun let out a sigh. “We’re really going to need two mediums for the séance.”

“Two mediums?” Yoona repeated, quite unsure if she heard right. “But why?”

“There are two of them, right? I’m getting this feeling that if they were to talk to us, they’d want to do it together.” She rubbed the temples of her head in thought. “We need a male medium.”

“I can do it.” Changmin volunteered easily.

Kyuhyun raised his hand, even if he didn’t really need to. “Same here.”

Seohyun winced slightly. “I appreciate the willingness but… sorry. You both have no experience participating and conducting a séance yourselves so it might have some negative effect on you.”

“I doesn’t hurt to try, right?” Kyuhyun protested feebly.

“Says you.” Kris snorted. “I think I can speak for Donghae too when I say that we should avoid sending ourselves to the hospital unless it can’t be helped. We've already had two trips so far.”

Amber brightened up all of a sudden. “If that’s the case, then Heechul and Jessica should do the séance! They have experience anyway.”

Heechul arched an eyebrow. “And who’s going to perform the séance in our place, hmm?”

“Ah… right. Sorry.”

Kyuhyun exchanged a look with his brother. “You know, I think we should consider adding another person to the team. One who can take part in séances so we have back up in cases like this.”

“No, wait. Wait.” Seohyun spoke before Changmin could even open his mouth. “I know someone.”

If it were at all possible, everyone blinked in near unison. “What do you mean ‘know someone’?” Siwon asked.

“I know another medium.” Seohyun explained. “Jung Yonghwa.”

“Jung Yonghwa?” Sooyoung arched an eyebrow in interest. “And how did you know this Jung Yonghwa?”

“No one.” She answered too quickly, catching the attention of some members of the team. “No, that came out wrong. Someone I worked with before.”

Jessica easily masked the amusement that was threatening to cross her face. “Is he a friend of yours?”

Seohyun blushed, much to the delight of the other girls.

“I… Ah, yes.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Changmin and Kyuhyun had both declared that they would be willing to make offerings to every deity who ever existed on earth the moment Seohyun had gotten off the phone after contacting Yonghwa and informed everyone that he was on his way. Now that they had two mediums, it meant that preparations for the séance had to double up. With only Jessica and Heechul conducting the séance, Kris had easily volunteered to assist by lending his energy to the priestess and the shaman. That led to Changmin once again calling for Donghae for help; the young doctor arriving minutes later, muttering under his breath about possibly learning other forms of healing to add to his current expertise.

“You know, I think you’re right.”

Kyuhyun turned away from the monitors he’d been watching. Aside from himself, there was only one person left in the truck. “I’m usually right about many things so about what is it this time, brother?”

“You’re a moron.” Changmin rolled his eyes. “I think we should consider adding another person to the team. Maybe another medium or some other priestess or shaman or monk or whatever.”

“I think so too.” Siwon piped up as he entered the truck, closing the door behind him. “But if and when you do, how do you plan to go about that? Put up an add that says ‘Wanted: Monk’?”

Kyuhyun laughed. “That doesn’t sound like a bad idea at all.”

“Once again, you’re a moron.” Changmin stuck his tongue out when Kyuhyun flipped him off, rolling his eyes before he shifted his attention back to Siwon. “The field of the paranormal is pretty small, hyung, I’m sure it won’t be that difficult to find one who will be willing to work with us.”

Siwon nodd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter