Endless Night 4: Unknowns

Files of The Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What they had wasn’t much, but it was a start, enough for both Changmin and Kyuhyun to decide on pushing back the planned séance to give way to questioning more survivors. Both Changmin and Kris had silently thanked Yoo Jinjoo and every deity up in the heavens who opposed Sooyoung’s I’ll-be-bait-for-the-séance idea once Siwon’s team had updated everyone about their latest discovery, namely Kyung Dongsoo.

What they had wasn’t much, but it was enough for Siwon to video call Chief Ahn to relay all the information they have. Kangta had listened with a grim expression on his face, surprising no one when a string of rather colorful words escaped his mouth once Siwon finished explaining. He had assured them that he would do everything in his power to reopen the case, proceeding to offer whatever assistance they might need for the case; Kyuhyun and Changmin grinning when they caught the Chief muttering about opening a paranormal investigation unit for the police. Needless to say, Siwon, Yoona, Yunho, and Sooyoung were up on their feet once the video call ended; the quartet planning on heading out to get their hands on all additional information available and Kris barely managing to push Amber out the door to help them before they slammed the door shut in their haste.

“I think one team should just focus on Kyung Dongsoo while the other team continues to question other survivors and witnesses.” Kyuhyun spoke to no one in particular as they waited for the five to return to the base. “Dongsoo might be our primary suspect right now, but we can’t afford to miss anyone.”

“Sounds like a smart idea to me.” Heechul agreed. “I’m assuming that Siwon’s team will handle Dongsoo?”

“Makes most sense.” Kris nodded. “Now that the case is being reopened and this is turning into an official investigation, it needs to be him, especially when there needs to be an arrest.”

“Alright, people, listen up.” The door flew open and the man in question strode in with purpose with Sooyoung, Yunho, Yoona, and Amber hot on his heels. “We managed to get a hold on Kyung Dongsoo’s last known address, along with the list of friends and family members and their contact details.”

“Great job, Siwon. Thanks.” Changmin grinned as he stood up from his seat by the monitors to look at the files. “We were just talking about how one team should handle Dongsoo while the rest should continue questioning other witnesses and survivors.”

Siwon nodded in approval. “I’ll handle Dongsoo.”

“We figured.” He clapped a hand on the older man’s shoulder. “Be safe.”

It was then that the team as a whole split up into their previous groups; Kyuhyun, Amber, Siwon, Yoona, Yunho, and Jessica gathering all the files pertaining to Dongsoo, while everyone else gathered those of the other witnesses and survivors. Based on the most recent accurate information they have, Dongsoo lived – or still lives – with his parents, along with two other siblings. Needless to say, it was the destination Siwon’s team had in mind as they left, hoping for more answers than the questions already piling up.

~`~`~`~`~`~

“Damn.” Heechul couldn’t help but grumble under his breath as their side of the team exited the house of the third survivor on their list. “Either it’s really Kyung Dongsoo and he’s good at cleaning up after his mess or we’re missing something.”

“We’ll figure it out.” Seohyun shot Changmin a hopeful look. “Any news?”

The dark haired man was about to shake his head when he felt his brother’s presence in his head. Holding up a hand in a silence request for them to wait, he gauged the aura coming from Kyuhyun’s mind and frowned when it was far from pleasant. Brother?

He’s not here.

What do you mean he’s not there?

Exactly what I said, idiot. Kyuhyun’s frustration was clearly mirrored in his words. We went to his parents’ home and apparently, they hadn’t seen the bastard in five years. Same goes with his two brothers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter