Stone Angel: Prologue

Files of The Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Psychic Research and Investigation Center
Seoul, South Korea

Case File # 009

Date: 26 December 2013

 

Client Information

Name of client: 

Age: 

Marital Status:

Occupation: 

 

General Information of the Incident

Complaint:  

 

 

Beginning of occurence: 

Chronology of Events: 

 

Status

[ ] Accepted

[  ] Rejected

[  ] Pending Discussion

 

Reason for rejection: 

 

Case referred by: 



Case accepted/rejected by:

Cho Kyuhyun
Co-Head, Psychic Research and Investigation Center
26 December 2013


Shim Changmin
Co-Head, Psychic Research and Investigation Center
26 December 2013


Choi Sooyoung
Private Investigator
26 December 2013
 


File prepared by:

Kris Wu
Amber Liu

 

Amber blinked then sighed, the sound catching the attention of the only other person in the office with her.

“What’s wrong?” Kris asked.

She swiveled her seat to face the blonde healer. “I don’t know what to put in this case file. I’ve been staring at the monitor for the past ten minutes now and I can’t figure out what to say.”

“That’s alright. This thing with the burned corpses might not even be an official case for us.” He dropped the newspaper clippings he’d been filing onto the table. “We’re just assisting the police for now. Siwon hasn’t mentioned that they’re officially taking us on the case.”

“True.” Amber conceded. “What happens if Jessica, Heechul and Seohyun can’t find any spirit just like the Julia Han case?”

“I honestly don’t know if there’s anything else we can do aside from waiting for the next murder.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

“The six victims we have so far are Son Wonho, Kwon Yohan, Jung Insik, Byun Kyunggu, Song Haeil, and Nam Chulwoo.” Kim Kangin, an officer Yoona and Yunho both recognized as one of the people they saw during the Julia Han case, reported once he was prompted by Chief Ahn. “All of the victims were registered offenders and were out on parole. Three of these men, specifically victims Jung, Song, and Nam, were found December twenty first while victims Son and Kwon were found on the thirteenth and fifth of the month, respectively. Victim Byun was the first one found on November twenty eight.”

“And there’s nothing else that they have in common aside from being registered offenders, their gender and their nationality?” Chief Ahn questioned.

“Nothing, sir.” Officer Kim affirmed. “Between the six deceased, they ually abused a total of twenty children and teenagers, mostly female. The remains of four of the deceased were found within our jurisdiction while the two others,” his gaze shifted to the other to the second of the two police chiefs in the room. “Were found within the jurisdiction of Chief Kim Dongwan.”

The man in question nodded as he addressed Chief Ahn. “You have my word that my men will fully provide whatever assistance you might need.”

“I have something in mind that will need both our resources.” Kangta frowned a touch. “We need to collect as much information as we can on the twenty victims that these six offenders had, especially those about their relatives and anyone close to them. Siwon and Kangin, I want you to spearhead this. Dongwan, I’ll need some of your men too.”

“Consider it done.”

“Do you think we’ll find a connection among the victims?” Yoona spoke for the first time.

“I’m honestly not sure, Yoona.” The frown on the chief’s face deepened. “But we’ll have to exhaust all possible scenarios. I believe it’s safe to assume that whoever has killed these six have some sort of vendetta against ual offenders. It’s personal, you can tell. The suspect may be a victim of ual abuse or someone related to person who’s been abused.”

Yunho ran a hand down his face. “We’ll need to find anything that can narrow that down. Heaven knows how many victims of ual abuse are in this country. Add their family members and friends to that list and…”

“It’s a long shot.” Kangta agreed grimly. “Any update from the Psychic Research team?”

“I don’t been to offend but I’m still having a hard time wrapping my head around this team assisting us.” Dongwan spoke before Yoona, Siwon or Yunho could reply. “I’ve never really believed in the paranormal before but… again, no offense.”

“None taken, sir.” Siwon smiled. “But if I may say so myself… prepared to be amazed.”

“And scared less.” Yunho added.

“That too.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Sooyoung felt a chiver run up and down her spine and knew that it wasn’t as much because of the snow as it was because of where she was at the moment.

A part of her silently lamented the early end to their Christmas holiday, agreeing with Heechul when the shaman yelled Can’t people just stop killing people until the new year so the rest of can celebrate the holidays without death looming above our heads? out loud. But Changmin and Kyuhyun did promise Siwon that the Psychic Research and Investigation Center would assist in whatever way the team could and so here they were, in the site where three of the murdered offenders were found just days before Christmas, which was pretty much an isolated patch of land with tall blades of grass and thick trees, preparing for a séance to be done even as it snowed. Seohyun, Jessica and Heechul had already felt the presence of multiple spirits in the area though the three were unsure if the spirits of Jung Insik, Song Haeil, and/or Nam Chulwoo were among t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter