Stolen and Replaced 2: A Vision of Danger

Files of The Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m really sorry that you have to close the bed and breakfast while we’re here." Changmin bowed apologetically. “We will do our best to solve this case as soon as possible."

“No need to apologize." Park Hana shook her head with a gentle smile on her face. “I wouldn’t want any more guests being disturbed and possibly getting hurt now that the situation seems to worsen."

“I hope you don’t mind me asking but…" Kyuhyun exchanged a look with his twin brother before he focused once more on the middle-aged lady across the table. “If the disturbances have been happening ever since it was put up by your grandparents, why are you only reporting these incidents now?"

“As I’ve told Sooyoung, the disturbances were rare, almost just like an urban legend among the staff and previous guests." She sighed. “But the past few weeks, they have become more frequent and seem to get worse. I’m preparing for retirement and I’m ready to pass the business to my children. I’ve talked to them about it but neither of them want to take over because of what’s been happening."

Changmin nodded thoughtfully. “When did you talk about it with them?"

“A few weeks ago as well." Hana paused. “Right about the time the disturbances worsened."

His eyebrows rose at that. “I apologize for having to ask this but did anyone die here?"

“Yes."

Kyuhyun pursed his lips. “Who?"

“My grandmother. Honey Lee died here."

`~`~`~`~`~`

“What?" Amber looked up from the monitors. “Honey Lee died here?"

“Yeah." Kyuhyun nodded from his spot behind her and Kris, watching as one of the monitors showed Changmin and Seohyun as she prepared for the cleansing ritual. “Apparently, the police ruled it as an accident. She slipped and fell down a steep slope in the backyard and hit her head."

“Creepy." She shivered for effect. “Don’t you think she’s the one who’s haunting this place?"

“It doesn’t make sense." Kris answered for his boss.

“How come?" Sooyoung asked; the brunette perched on a chair that she dragged all the way to the monitors beside Kris.

“Why would she hunt and threaten to close her own business?"

Whatever reply anyone had died on their lips as the sound of chanting came through the speakers. Kris increased the volume; Jessica, Heechul and Seohyun’s voices becoming more pronounced and distinct. Sooyoung and she assumed Amber and Kris as well didn’t understand a word of the chanting but they knew enough from the briefing the night before that they were performing cleansing rituals, making sure that the lobby, kitchen and dining area were safe and spirit-free.

Changmin watched in interest as Seohyun chanted; his mind suddenly feeling more occupied than usual. It only meant one thing. Stay out of my head, you dip.

We were given this ability for a reason. Why not take advantage of it? Kyuhyun’s voice replied in his mind, adding a snort to go with his statement.

The dark haired man fought back a groan. Telepathy surely had its ups and downs, mostly downs when the only person you could talk to was your twin brother.

Kris thinks that it isn’t Honey Lee who’s haunting the place. Kyuhyun’s voice snapped him out of his grimacing. I agree with him.

It just doesn’t make sense for her to haunt her own business, does it? He’d come up with the same conclusion

Exactly. It was silent for a while. Hey, Min. What do you think happened to Sooyoung last night?

You mean her visions?

Back in the base, Kyuhyun moved to the couch. Yeah.

Changmin inwardly sighed. I have a hunch and I’m telling you right now, it isn’t good.

I think I know what you’re talking about. He could imagine his twin grimacing. If we’re right, it isn’t going to be that surprising.

True. Nodding absently, he immediately caught himself before Seohyun could notice.

Hey, Min.

What?

Do you think we made the right decision of accepting this case?

I don’t know, brother. I really don’t know. A beat passed and he groaned. They’ll probably haunt us themselves if something happens to her.

Kyuhyun winced at the thought; the action not going unnoticed by both Kris and Sooyoung.

`~`~`~`~`~`

“Job well done, guys." Changmin said to everyone in general as soon as they were all back in the base, though his gaze focused on the priestesses and the shaman, who succeeded with their rituals. “I guess we can have a break for now so that everyone can rest up. Kris, Kyu and I will continue monitoring and we’ll call you when something happens. How does that sound?"

“That, Shim Changmin, sounds like the best thing that you ever said all morning." Jessica stood up, stretching her arms as a yawn escaped her lips. “My body’s still sore from the trip and set up last night."

Heechul snorted. “Lazy ."

Everyone else could only shake their heads and sigh as a foot connected sharply with a certain shin; Heechul yelping loudly in pain. “Now that’s done…" The petite brunette made her way to the door. “Time to get some sleep."

                Mumbles of agreement erupted throughout the base; many other members of the team soon getting up or moving from their respective places. Jessica was quickly out the door; her steps echoing down the hallway as she went to her room. Sooyoung could only chuckle to herself and was the last to get up from the couch; a gasp suddenly escaping her lips when her eyesight once again becoming cloudy; her vision distorting and changing.

`~`~`~`~`~`

“What…" Sooyoung looked around in shock, finding herself in the hallway outside of Jessica and Seohyun’s shared room. “How did I get here?"

A soft, melodic humming reached her ears and Sooyoung’s head whipped to the right; her eyes widening as Jessica rounded the corner and entered the same hallway. “Hey, Sica…"

But the smaller woman merely continued walking, leaving her dumbfounded by the action. Sooyoung watched as the priestess walked past her, opened the door of her bedroom and walked inside, absently reaching out a hand to shut the door close. But before she could, Sooyoung gasped as a pair of ghostly, gray hands shot out of the wall nearest Jessica and clamped around .

`~`~`~`~`~`

“Sooyoung!" Kyuhyun deftly caught her in his arms before she could come crashing down the floor, gently shaking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter