Forever Young 4: The Lady in Red

Files of The Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The silence in the room was deafening.

No one was talking. No one was smiling. No one was moving much at all. Disbelief reigned in the air as they each pondered about the latest, most unexpected twist in the case.

“I say we should just go to her mansion and bust her .” Heechul was the first to break the silence; a rare look of seriousness on his handsome face.

“We can’t just do that.” Siwon repeated for the nth time since they all found out about the truth, rubbing the sides of his head tiredly.

“She’ll probably just call us crazy if we do and slap charges on the team.” Jessica nodded in agreement. “And she doesn’t know I’m a priestess, remember?”

Heechul shot her a pointed look. “We didn’t know you’re an heiress either.”

“Well, I didn’t want to be simply known as my parents’ daughter.”

“Back to the matter at hand, please?” Changmin arched an eyebrow at the two. “So what do we do now?”

As if on cue, Sooyoung stormed into the conference room with Yoona and Yunho hot on her heels; a folder in her hands and a look of half irritation and half pride on her face. With no explanation and even no word of greeting to her teammates, she put down the folder in the middle of the table and flipped it open, straightening up as everyone else huddled closer to get a look of the files.

“Han Jihoon is a cheating bastard.”

“Wait, what?” Kyuhyun gawked at her. “He’s a what?”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “He’s been cheating on Julia since the sixth year of their marriage.”

“What?” Jessica’s jaw dropped as she shot out of her seat.

“It’s the truth, unnie.” Yoona sighed as she took a seat beside Seohyun. “It took a while to get the information and we had to squeeze it out of our sources but apparently, he’s been with countless women who are younger than his wife.”

Seohyun shot her, Sooyoung and Yunho a look of awe. “How did you three even come up with that idea?”

“Well, Jessica mentioned how Julia was very vague and curt when she asked her about Jihoon. Sooyoung had a feeling there was something more to it and we went to investigate it.” Yunho replied. “Looks like she’s right.”

“Who’s the current flavour of the month?” Changmin asked in disgust.

“Her name’s Oh Yeonseo.” Sooyoung flipped through pages of the file on the table until it revealed the one showing a picture of a smiling brunette. “She’s an aspiring actress.”

“That’s just great.” He groaned before his attention moved to Siwon. “Will you be able to track where Han Jihoon is right now?”

Siwon looked a tad skeptical. “I’ll try my best.”

“I’ll help.” Kris volunteered almost immediately; Sooyoung and Yunho voicing their offers of help soon after.

`~`~`~`~`~`

“Where is he?”

“He’s having a late night dinner with the woman in the private wing of a restaurant called Riz, Madame.”

“Perfect.”

`~`~`~`~`~`

“We found him.” Siwon said without preamble as he, Kris, Sooyoung and Yunho returned to the conference room. “Apparently, tonight’s date night for him and the mistress.”

Heechul rolled his eyes. “Where?”

“They’re in the private wing of a French restaurant called Riz.”

Jessica shuddered overdramatically. “Remind me to never eat there again.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Heechul made a move to get out of his seat. “Let’s go.”

“Hold your horses, Superman.” Changmin pinned in him in his place with a pointed look. “We need a plan.”

Kyuhyun nodded in agreement with his twin brother. “We can’t just go up to them and tell him that we know of his affairs and that his wife’s a serial killer.”

“Then how do we convince him to let us search his mansion?” Amber asked. “Tell him the truth?”

“We can’t lie or else it’ll be held against us as far as the law goes.” Siwon replied grimly, folding his arms over his chest. “We have to tell him the truth in the best way possible. And Jessica, you can’t come.”

“What? Why?” She demanded.

“They don’t know you’re a priestess, remember? Seeing you there might freak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter