Unlucky Thirteen: Epilogue

Files of The Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t believe that’s the end of our vacation.” Yoona sighed overdramatically as she walked out of the women’s bedroom with her suitcase in tow. “I don’t want to go back to Korea yet.”

“Same here.” Amber grumbled as she trudged after the older woman, disappearing down the hall.

“Unnie.” Seohyun paused in the doorway as she looked back at the woman who had just finished zipping up her suitcase. “We have to go soon.”

Sooyoung smiled as she straightened up. “I’ll just go check the base one more time and see if we didn’t forget anything.”

The slightly shorter woman nodded. “I’ll see you downstairs.”

Stepping out of the room a moment or two after Seohyun had left, Sooyoung hummed softly to herself as she crossed to the next room and entered the base, pausing slightly when she found Kris standing there, having just finished packing the last of the equipment. Though they all had been awake from nearly three hours or so, it was the first time she had seen Kris for the day; the tall, blonde healer having left the premises of the hotel earlier with a note that explained nothing.

“Hey.” She greeted amiably. “Where have you been?”

“Out.”

The brunette pouted. “What kind of answer is that?”

His face remained its usual poker look but a grin twitched the corner of his lips. “It answers your question.”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes at that before she took one last, detailed sweep of the expanse of the room, smiling when she found nothing that anyone left behind. “Looks like we’re all set to go.”

“Wait.”

She turned to face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter