Happy moment

Voice

 

Chapter 9

 

Another day to help Mr Kim. Ryeowook talked to his mind while sighing. She was alone because of the teacher requested her to help. And being the class vice president she is, she has no other choice but to obey. It was already past school time but she was still at school helping the teacher, only manage to complain about it inside her head.

 

“Ryeowook-ssi.” She instantly jerked hearing the voice and let go all the books that she was holding, because she knew exactly whose voice it is.

 

“Are you okay?” Yesung came running towards her and help her picking up the books.

 

“I’m…I’m fine. Don’t worry.” Ryeowook tried her best to control her nervousness but she totally failed as she stammered answering.

 

“Where are you going? Want me to help you?” Yesung suggested.

 

“Eeh?? He…help me? Why?”

 

“Why? Because…you doesn’t look so good with all the books.”

 

“But, it’s okay. I can…ah” ignoring Ryeowook’s excuses, Yesung just took most of the books from her hands.

 

“We can go together.” He flashed his killer smile, and if only Ryeowook didn’t have her self-restrain, she surely gonna faint there seeing that smile.

 

Ryeowook immediately avoided from looking at Yesung face but, “Thank…thank you.” she thanked him nonetheless.

 

“You’re welcome. Let’s go.” The two of them walked to the teacher’s lounge together.

 

Ahhh!! What am I going to do?!! Yesung oppa has just talked to me alone and he’s now helping me!! I am dying with all the happiness just by walking with him now! Ryeowook was practically screaming of joy inside of her head because of happiness.

 

But, on the other hand, Yesung was thinking the opposite. Why does this girl refuse to look at me? Am I that scary or is she actually didn’t like me so much? Well, we are friends, right? He sighed slowly, tried to just let go of that bad feeling and hoping for the best of the relationship. 

 

~AT THE MUSIC CLUB~

 

Kyuhyun was lazily walking his feet on the hallway towards the club. He wasn’t paying much attention to his surrounding as he was busy killing monsters in his PSP. Well, he obviously didn’t give much care about the club anyway. He was forced to join after all. But then, after the last time he spent time composing the song with Sungmin at the music club room, he felt he got more reason to go there even more now.

 

He knew that Ryeowook often has lots of work to do because of her duties as the class representatives. That’s why, he voluntarily decided that he should be a decent club member from now with an extra goal of getting closer with Sungmin. But then, just before he reached the room, his ears pierced up by a very beautiful sound.

 

Sungmin’s already here? He guessed it and continued walking.

 

He reached at in front of the door and was truly mesmerized by the scene that was pictured. He saw Sungmin gracefully playing the piano while humming a very beautiful melody. He closed his eyes and rests his back near the wall, enjoying the song. It was one of the days where he actually finds peace and Sungmin was the source of it. After the song was over, he makes his usual poker face and opened the door.

 

Sungmin looked surprised to see him but they smiled to each other after that.

 

“Can I join?” Sungmin smiled and nodded.

 

~~

 

Knock knock

 

While they were discussing and playing the piano, they heard a knock on the window. They turned to meet with a smiling Kangin.

 

“Kangin-hyung?!”

 

‘Kangin-oppa!’

 

Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin had different reaction to the sudden outburst.

 

“Hey Minnie.” Kangin greeted and Sungmin happily skipped towards him, leaving Kyuhyun agape.

 

“I heard the sound of piano. So, I’m thinking of playing you a visit. Seems that you have a company today.” Sungmin nodded to everything he said.

 

“Did you meet with Teukie today?” Sungmin shook her head slowly answering the question.

 

‘Why?’

 

“Nothing in particular.” He smiled sheepishly and slowly sighed, “Actually, I made her angry again yesterday. She might kill me if I go to see her today.” Kangin explained, and Sungmin chuckled in silent, slightly feel amusing with their relationship.

 

Fast, Sungmin typed something on her phone and showed it to Kangin.

 

‘So, what do you want me to do?’

 

“Hehe…you really do understand me so much.” Kangin ruffled Sungmin’s hair soft and took out something from the back, “Can you give this to her? It’s a special pudding that she loves so much. She might throw it away if I give it. And maybe a smack or two on my head.” He reasoned which is seems almost the truth.

 

“If it is you, she might not ask anything else.” Sungmin eagerly nodded to the request and give a sign that she’ll do it right away only for Kangin.

 

She turned towards the daze Kyuhyun and patted his shoulder slowly to get his attention back.

 

“W…what?” Kyuhyun wake up from his shock and meet with a smiling Sungmin holding a plastic bag in her hand.

 

“I’ll leave first to give this to Teukie-saeng and come back here again. Can I?” he reads the note written by the girl.

 

“Well, sure. I’ll wait for you.” Kyuhyun nodded slowly, eyes still fixed staring at Kangin.

 

‘Okay!’

 

And without a moment spent, Sungmin waved happily to Kangin and went out from the room leaving only the boys inside the music room. The scene becomes awfully awkward. Kyuhyun looked at Kangin nervously, finding it’s hard to believe that Sungmin has just spoken to that scary guy so happily. On the other hand, Kangin was also looking at him with a very unquestionable look.

 

“So, you’re Sungmin’s friend?”

 

“Yes, I am sir!” Kyuhyun instantly answered and standing up straight hearing his voice.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Kyu…Kyuhyun, sir!” didn’t even realize, Kyuhyun has already speaking formally to Kangin.

 

“Oh…so, you’re that Kyuhyun.” Kangin said, jumped through the window and went inside the room.

 

He scans Kyuhyun from head to toe, who was nervously standing and waiting for the next question from him.

 

“Tell me…what do you think about Sungmin?”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Yes, Sungmin.” Kangin repeated the name again.

 

“Sungmin is kind, sweet and cute girl. She has the best smile and always makes everyone comfortable around her.” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

 

“Even though she didn’t utter a single word?”

 

“Yes sir! She’s still cute even if she’s like that, sir!” Kyuhyun still formally answered nervously as though he could feel Kangin’s stare right through his body.

 

He could hear Kangin hum in agreement with what he said. For a few more moment, Kyuhyun stood still, feeling so much butterflies in his stomach. He prayed so much so that Kangin will end the silent torture already.

 

“Good.”

 

“Good?” Kyuhyun becoming more confused with Kangin’s sudden word.

 

“It’s good that you think it’s comfortable being with Sungmin in that condition.” Kangin moved closer to Kyuhyun, staring deep into those brown orb eyes.

 

“But again, remember this, Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun unconsciously gulped, “If I ever heard you hurt Sungmin just because she didn’t speak,” Kangin smirked evilly, “I think you understand what will happen, right?” he whispered.

 

Kyuhyun nodded frantically with eyes wide open.

 

Kangin was still smirking but he slowly backed away from Kyuhyun, “Give this to Minnie.” He puts a plastic bag on the top of the piano, “Thank her for me. Also tell her that I have to leave first. I have a meeting with my group. You know which group member, right?” Kyuhyun nodded almost immediately to that statement.

 

Kangin chuckled, feeling satisfied because he managed to scare Kyuhyun. He jumped out of the window and disappeared. Kyuhyun let go of the breath that he has been holding and sigh loudly. He sat on the chair tiredly and very glad that it was finally over and Kangin is gone.

 

“How did Minnie become so attach to someone like him? That’s really a big surprise.”

 

He sighed again.

 

I should pay attention to that warning now. He reminded himself.

 

~INFIRMARY~

 

At the infirmary, even though Sungmin tried her best to lie to Leeteuk about the pudding, she still failed because Leeteuk understand the boy so much.

 

“It’s not your fault, Ming. I’m not mad at you.” She patted the girl’s head affectionately.

 

Sungmin showed an apologetic smile.

 

“Still, I have to thank you for sending me this. It is really my favorite.” She smiled to the girl.

 

‘You’ll forgive Kangin-oppa?’

 

“That’s…a two different thing than this.” Sungmin’s expression change, “But, yes I’ll forgive him, for you.” And that’s all it took for Sungmin to cheerfully smile again.

 

After getting a thank you kiss on the cheek from Leeteuk, Sungmin excused himself and walked back to the music room. Just before she reached the room, she saw Kyuhyun at the hallway, holding all the bag of the both of them. She ran to him and took some of her things from Kyuhyun.

 

“Kangin hyung left this for you. And he said, thank you.” Kyuhyun explained seeing the question look on Sungmin’s face and handed her the plastic bag which is containing pudding.

 

‘Thank you.’ Sungmin’s smile and type something on her phone.

 

‘Please keep a secret that Kangin oppa gave it to me. The others might be angry at me.’ Sungmin pleaded, showing her best puppy eyes.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, “It’s okay. I promise not to tell, even I don’t want to be scold.” He reasoned.

 

They walked a few more steps and heard a voice calling out of sudden.

 

“Minnie.” They both look in front and saw Eunhyuk and Donghae.

 

“Why are you together?” Donghae asked, referring to the couple.

 

“We’re going home. How about you? Another practice?” Kyuhyun replied and asked back to his cousin.

 

“Just finished. The coach decided to let us go earlier today.”

 

“Ah, just in time. We’re planning to go for a karaoke. Wanna come?” Eunhyuk said.

 

Sungmin and Kyuhyun look at each other, processing what they should do but, even before they manage to give an answer, Eunhyuk and Donghae already dragged them away.

 

~KARAOKE PLACE~

 

We are at the karaoke and it’s been almost one hour and those two still have the energy to dance around, singing their lung out. I wonder how much strength that they had actually. But, this is a good thing. Because of them, I can see Sungmin smiling happily.

 

Kyuhyun spoke to himself inside while sometimes took a glance at Sungmin whom was happily clapping to the song that was song by Eunhyuk. He was really glad that they came.

 

“Sorry, we’re late.” Ryeowook and Yesung came together.

 

“You’re together?”

 

“Yesung oppa helps me just now and yes…we came here together.” Ryeowook answered Donghae’s question shyly.

 

“Great! Yesung hyung! It’s your turn now!” Eunhyuk shoved a mic to Yesung’s hand.

 

“Wh…what? But, I…”

 

“This song. Oppa hurry!” Yesung was out of words to fight back as the song has already been chosen and started to play.

 

He turned to look at Sungmin, “I can’t say no, no matter what, right?” he asked.

 

Sungmin just nodded and showed her sweetest smile as the reply. Yesung sighed tiredly and take a deep breath in and out and started singing the song, ‘Gray Paper.’

 

Mianhaeseo haneun mariya
Niga ulgo isseo haneun mariya
Sumi makhyeo samkideut han mariya
Meongcheonghan gaseumi seodureuneun mal

Chamgo chamabogo mageuryeo haedo du
Soneuro nae ibeul magabwado
Nae maeumeul sseonaeryeogandeutan hanmadi
Saranghae

 

Since it was a ballad song, everyone was swaying their body slowly, enjoying the sad song with emotion. Yesung really a great singer and every person inside the room admitted to it. Ryeowook was the happiest. She was smiling from ear to ear, totally happy being given the opportunity to hear the one that she admired sings, Yesung.

 

After the song ended, all of them clapped and applause for the great performance.

 

“So, how did I do?” Yesung asked Sungmin as he took a seat next to her.

 

‘You’re great!’ Sungmin gave him a thumb up and Yesung ruffled the girl’s hair, happy that she’s enjoying the day.

 

On the other hand, Donghae and Eunhyuk were busy choosing a song for Ryeowook to sing which is obviously was not welcome by the said person. 

 

“I don’t want to sing!” Ryeowook kept refusing but still being pushed to do so.

 

“You have to!” the couple insisted in sync.

 

“But…”

 

“You said you’re from the music club. So, sing.” Donghae remarked and follow by Eunhyuk’s nod.

 

“I don’t want to sing now!”

 

“No excuse! Sing!” they shoved the mic to the girl.

 

“Hae!” Ryeowook tried to rebut again but was stop again this time.

 

“Just sing, Wookie. You can never win against those two.” Kyuhyun said.

 

Ryeowook huffed her cheek in anger but it seems so cute to Yesung’s eyes.

 

“But, I don’t want to sing alone! And especially not now.”

 

“Why?” they asked in sync.

 

“Because…because…” Ryeowook glance at Yesung by the corner of her eyes, “Because I don’t feel so well.” She reasoned.

 

“Nonsense. Sing.”

 

Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk and Donghae altogether ordered, shoving the mic to her. They totally oblivious with the situation that Ryeowook just very shy to sing at the moment. In the end, Ryewook has to surrender to their request and sing the song her friends chose, ‘Rolling in the Deep’.

 

 

There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch, it's bringing me out the dark
Finally I can see you crystal clear
Go 'head and sell me out and I'll lay your ship [] bare
See how I leave with every piece of you
Don't underestimate the things that I will do

There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch
And it's bringing me out the dark

The scars of your love remind me of us
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless
I can't help feeling
We could have had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand
And you played it, to the beat

 

The other cheered loudly by the time Ryeowook reached the high pitched of the song. Her nervousness and anxiety long gone as she started sing added by the cheers. Well, it is her passion after all. Deep inside her heart, she was actually trying to avoid herself from thinking too much about Yesung whom has been watching. She just didn’t know Yesung was actually speechless and awed by the performance. But of course, the fact that he attracted to Ryeowook has gain more points than before.

 

“You’re so great!!” Donghae hugged the blushing Ryeowook tight.

 

Ryeowook continue hiding behind her palm and sat next to Sungmin.

 

‘You’re so great, Wookie.’ Sungmin cheered her up and she hugged the latter to hide the embarrassment.

 

 After a few more song and a special performance from the dancing couple, they finally decided to go home. It was indeed a happy day for them. They separated and went home to each other house except Sungmin whom went home to Yesung’s house that day. It was one of the days where Sungmin’s uncle has to work outstation and left her alone. Though she said she already used to it, Yesung’s mother insisted that she comes to avoid any bad circumstances.

 

 

 

~~sorry for the mistake of posting..i didn't even realize it. and sorry also if this is a boring update..hehehe..comments are highly appreciated!!~~