Chapter 47

Voice

CHAPTER 47

 

Leeteuk wanders around the area, with a piece of paper in her hands not knowing which way to go. She has been going around looking for a house but somehow, she lost her way somewhere. She sighed.

 

What should I do now? She thought to herself pouted.

 

“Miss.”

 

Leeteuk startled by the sudden greet and quickly turned. A man in uniform stands in front her, smiling.

 

“Can I help you, miss? I notice you’ve been here quite long…” he asked, politely.

 

“Ah…actually I’m looking for a house but…”

 

“You’re lost?” The man finished off and Leeteuk smiled awkwardly with red crimson of blush by the embarrassment.

 

He chuckled, “No need to be embarrassed. It’s normal to get lost in an area you didn’t know.” He comforted, “May I have the address?” he offered.

 

Leeteuk shuttered at first but she gives the address to the man willingly. He reads the address and had a surprise expression on him. He looked at Leeteuk, confused.

 

“Are you sure you’re going to this address, miss?”

 

Leeteuk blinked. But she nodded nonetheless.

 

“I am. Why? Is there something wrong?” she asked back.

 

“Ah, no. it’s not that. It’s just…surprising.”

 

“Surprising?”

 

“Don’t get me wrong. There’s nothing bad actually.” He fast added, “Let me show you the way to the house.” He offered.

 

“Aren’t I bothering you?”

 

The man laughed, “Not at all. We are heading towards the same place honestly.” He exclaimed and started walking.

 

Leeteuk watched his strange behavior confusingly. But, judging from the uniform he wore, she believed that he is trustworthy to be trust. So, she followed him. After 10 minutes of walking, they reached in front of a large gate. Leeteuk stared at it in awe. She noticed the lot number of the house written.

 

1675? She reads mentally.

 

“It’s 1675.” The officer, Siwon as what he introduced suddenly said, sort of reading Leeteuk’s mind, “You mistakenly wrote the number with 1765, which is not available here actually.” He explained.

 

Leeteuk’s face blushed madly. She apologized for her silly mistake, embarrassed. Siwon just smiled and rings the bell. A voice answered from the intercom.

 

“Yes?”

 

“It’s me, Siwon.” He said.

 

“Ah, young master Siwon. Welcome. I’ll open the door for you right away.” The intercom makes a beep sound and it ended.

 

“Young master?” Leeteuk repeated the word, getting more and more confuse about the man’s real identity.

 

Siwon grinned, “This is my uncle’s house.” He admitted after so long, “I hope you are well prepared, miss.” He said winking teasingly at Leeteuk.

 

Leeteuk flustered by the wink at first but she is more to puzzle by the whole situation thing. When the main gate opened, a lady greeted them and invited them inside. Her eyes automatically widened upon stepping inside the house. The aura and the air surrounds the house is totally different from the outside just now. The head maid brings them into a living room.

 

“Please have a sit. I’ll call for master.” She said excusing herself.

 

Leeteuk’s heart started beating fast suddenly. She’s nervous by the word ‘master’ and still in astonishment looking around the house to which is very foreign to her. Siwon had to hold out his chuckled seeing her reaction. He really can’t wait to see more reaction and can’t help to wonder about the woman’s identity of coming to his uncle’s house.

 

“You’re here, Siwon.”

 

Leeteuk tensed by the sudden hoarse voice that her body straightened on its own.

 

“Hey, uncle. Good afternoon. Where’s Youngwoon?”

 

“Yeah, good afternoon. Youngwoon went for an around. ” Youngjin replied back but his eyes focused on the woman beside his nephew, “Who…is this?” he pointed.

 

“Ah hello.” Leeteuk gets up and bowed politely.

 

Youngjin frowned but still replied back, “Hello to you too. Do I know you…miss…”

 

“Jungsoo. My name is Jungsoo.” Leeteuk quickly replied.

 

“Miss Jungsoo.” Youngjin said the name, “Is there anything I can help?” he asked again.

 

“I…I am…a staff from Chundong High School.” She introduced again and this time grabbing attention both Siwon and Youngjin immediately, “A school nurse actually.”

 

“Chundong High School?” Youngjin repeated, “My son’s former school?”

 

Leeteuk nodded affirmatively.

 

“What’s wrong, miss Jungsoo? Did my son created any trouble again? I thought he has successfully graduated.”

 

“Ah…”

 

“Just tell me if he did anything, I’ll punish him myself if he did.” Youngjin demanded seriously cutting off her explanation.

 

Leeteuk wants to speak but she closed after a quick thought. She can see that both men were looking very serious about the topic. She took a deep breath and heaved it out slowly. Unexpectedly, she stands up.

 

“I am here not because he creates trouble.” She started, starling the two men, “Abonim…”

 

Youngjin and Siwon’s ears stand up in attention.

 

“Please accept my bow.” She said and bowing a traditional bow gracefully.

 

The men jaw dropped.

 

 

/////

 

 

“Congratulations, young master!” suddenly the underlings wished Kangin when he stepped inside the house.

 

“Congratulations? What the heck are you talking about?” he said, irritated.

 

He’s really didn’t feel like talking to anybody. Ever since the day of separating with his lover, he’s been in terrible mood. Everything around him pissed him off and it became worse whenever he remembered. Kangin walked pass the living room in high speed, not caring about anyone’s greetings.

 

“Youngwoon.” His pace stopped just before he left.

 

He hissed, “What is it father?” and asked, try to control his anger from exploded.

 

“Why are you in rush? Come and join me for a tea.” Youngjin calmly said.

 

“I’m not in the mood, father. So…”

 

“Kanginie.” His body tensed immediately.

 

That voice, it didn’t belong to his father. He turned slowly towards the living room and widened in shock. The one that he wished to see is there. She’s there, sitting next to his father. Leeteuk, his lover, his one and only love is there. She is real. He repeated mentally with his expression remained stoic as stone.

 

“She’s real.” Youngjin’s statement wakes him up.

 

He blinked, finally. Leeteuk gives him a thin smile.

 

“What…what are you doing here?” that question spilled out from his mouth voluntarily.

 

“She has told me everything, you dork.” Youngjin scolded, “Now, get your here and join me for tea.” He ordered.  

 

Kangin gaped.

 

 

/////

 

 

~Few hours later~

 

Youngjin relaxed at his chair looking at the garden scenery. After the sudden appearance of Leeteuk, his mind has wanders around into the past. The main reason for it was when Leeteuk proclaimed to be his son’s lover and the other reason was because of the true identity of Leeteuk.

 

Jungsoo. Park Jungsoo. She is the sister of Park Kyungsoo.

 

He couldn’t believe the fact at first. But, when Leeteuk showed him a picture of her from the past, he went silence in thought. It never crossed his mind that his son will actually fall in love to someone that is closely related to Park Kyungsoo. He remembered the name clearly. That man was the one and only shadow of Lee Clan. And he has a history to the death of Lee Sungkyu, the leader. Park Kyungsoo, the man that everyone feared and been searching for.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Sungkyu.”

 

The young leader turned behind by the call and smiled widely.

 

“Ah, hyungnim! Welcome!” he greeted happily, totally acting unlike a scary leader at all.

 

Youngjin never want to admit that this young, happy-go-lucky man is actually the leader of all clan. But he has been proved wrong once and he concluded that no one must ever judge by the appearance only.

 

“How is your stay here, hyungnim? Everything’s fine?”

 

Youngjin nodded, “Everything is just great, Sungkyu. You are the leader, right?”

 

“Hahaha…don’t mock me, hyungnim. I’m just nothing who still needs you and the others’ help for the clan’s future.” He laughed, followed by Youngjin too.

 

After that Youngjin’s eyes averted looking behind Sungkyu. He noticed a man that is rumored about talking to Sungkyu’s wife not too far from them.

 

“Is that him?” Youngjin pointed behind him.

 

Sungkyu glanced behind towards the one he referred to and turned back to him.

 

“My shadow. Why?” he calmly admitted.

 

“Your shadow. That is why.” He remarked, “What’s the sudden occasion of appointing a shadow, Sungkyu? You, the one I know who is very difficult to put any trust into someone, suddenly admitted in having a stranger for a shadow. He’s not even from any clan in fact.”

 

Sungkyu frowned confusingly, “And?”

 

Youngjin sighed, “I heard rumors about that man, Sungkyu. Other clans said that he’s dangerous. Aren’t you afraid?” he told the younger.

 

Sungkyu laughed, puzzled Youngjin by his reaction.

 

“There’s nothing to be worry about, hyungnim.” Sungkyu assured him, “I know I can trust him. He has given an oath to me. Furthermore, he is like a brother to my wife, I can’t just ignore him right?”

 

“But Sungkyu, don’t you see it? I saw the way he looked at your wife is different than a brother should. Isn’t it strange, even for someone who is not blood-related?” Youngjin continued asking worriedly.

 

“Strange?” Sungkyu laughed, “He has already confessed to my wife, hyungnim, joke aside.”

 

“What? What do you mean he confessed? You don’t mean that man is your wife’s other man, right?”

 

Sungkyu’s laughed arose again by the statement, “What other man are you talking about, hyungnim? That man is my wife’s childhood friend. And even though I said he confessed, I didn’t say that my wife accepted him, right?”

 

“Then? Don’t you think he might be a threat or something?” Youngjin professed his bad feelings.

 

Sungkyu turned to look at the man and smiled thinly.

 

“Rest assure, Hyungnim.” His eyes softened, “He might be dangerous and a threat for me, but I know he means more than anything to my family. And even if I don’t know him much, I have my trust on him.”

 

“What…how can you be so confident?”

 

Sungkyu smiled at him again, “Let’s just say a voice told me so.”

 

Youngjin gawked by the explanation.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

I never understand what the young leader meant from the explanation about that man. He never even gives me any time to understand anything. But again, he showed to us that his shadow is very reliable with his responsibility. Not until that incident happened. Sungkyu ‘left’ the clan suddenly and the mess that man created leaves a very deep scar to the Yakuza group.

 

Just what kind of destiny is this? Just what fate has written for my son for him to actually fall in love to someone related to the clan’s most wanted person? His sister to be exact. And yet…

 

Youngjin sighed.

 

I love your son. And I don’t think I can live without him anymore.

 

Love. He repeated the word and smiled.

 

The determination in Leeteuk’s eyes as she was confessing touched Youngjin’s heart to trust her. Youngjin never question about the matter anymore. He’s certain from the moment that Jungsoo is the right person for his son.

 

 

/////

 

 

Leeteuk has her hands held tightly by her lover, Kangin. He has volunteered himself to walk Leeteuk home. The man seems still in shock by her appearance but Kangin is honestly thankful. All he ever wishes was for Leeteuk to come back to him again and finally his wish was fulfilled.

 

“Are you really okay?” Kangin asked again, still worry.

 

“Yes, I’m okay.” she replied him, “Why do keep asking something that you already know, Kanginie? Here I thought Sungmin reported everything to you.” she continued sarcastically.

 

Kangin awkwardly laughed, “I’m just making sure. It’s not wrong, right?” he sulked.

 

Chuckling, “Yeah, it’s not wrong.” She whispered, hugging Kangin’s arm tighter.

 

They continue walking.

 

“Are you sure about being with me, Jungsoo? I know you have your past but the present is different. My family, my clan is differ than the previous clan you have been. I didn’t say it’s weak. I just…don’t want anything bad to happen to you. Are you sure that you still want to be my lover?” Kangin asked, for the nth time ever since.

 

He’s unsure. But at the same time, he also didn’t want to let go of her. He’s torn apart. Leeteuk’s feet stop walking. She took her hands away from the man and holds Kangin’s face. Staring straight into his eyes, she smiles. Her eyes are shimmering with loves.

 

“Yes, I’m sure.” She assured.

 

“I have never been so sure like this. I know that you’re worry about your background and lifestyle. But, believe in me Kangin bear…” she took Kangin’s hand, touching her cheek, “I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Regardless of anything. I’m sure that there is no other man that I can love like this. No one can change the love I had for you, never and not anymore.” She swore.

 

Kangin blinked while processing her words. Hesitant and slow but finally a wide smile spread on his lips.

 

“Seriously…” he chuckled, “These proposing words should be said by me, baby.” He commented and kissed Leeteuk again.

 

Leeteuk smiled from the kiss and replied to it willingly. They enjoyed the silent moment calmly before letting go, still with a smile.

 

“There will be more challenges after this.” Kangin told her, serious, “It might turn dangerous too. I’m not certain about the future, but I swear that I will forever protect you. I will never let anyone hurt you, I promise.” He swears, raising his hand up, making an oath.

 

Leeteuk laughed lightly by his promises. She only nodded, agreeing. Kangin smiled wider. He reached out for her lover closer to his body and he embraced her firmly. Out of blue, Kangin’s phone rings. He’s about to ignore it when he realized the ringtone set.

 

“Yes, father.” He answered and listened.

 

Leeteuk sees a sudden change on his face.

 

“Where?!” his voice raised, surprised Leeteuk.

 

 

/////

 

 

Kyuhyun sighed staring at the nothingness showing on TV. He’s bored, that’s for sure. His injury has gradually healed but his family still insisted that it’s better for him to stay warded for a while. Though it’s true, he’s still bored staying alone. His phone rings and he picks it up.

 

“Hey, Hae.” He greeted.

 

“How are you doing, cuz?”

 

Kyuhyun groaned, “Bored. When are you and your monkey coming? I’m feeling of an entertainment.”

 

Donghae laughed at the sarcastic remark, “Hahaha…funny cuz. But, we’re coming this afternoon. Umma makes some snack for you.”

 

“Good then. So?”

 

“If you’re asking about Sungmin, no, I still couldn’t reach her.” Donghae answered him.

 

Kyuhyun sighed again.

 

“Alright…if you say so. Just tell me if anything.”

 

Donghae hummed from the other side and their conversation ended. Kyuhyun went back his attention towards the TV. He lay down and stares at the white ceiling. He took out the necklace.

 

“Why are you avoiding me, Sungmin? It’s not even your fault.” He exclaimed to no one but himself.

 

Honestly, he missed Sungmin. He’s also worried about her. After the attack, though Yesung already affirm that Sungmin is fine, he still couldn’t help but feels something is not right.

 

“Here, we reported! A shocking incident just happened! An explosion erupted at the shooting location where the hottest idol, Infinite H are shooting and resulted into a tremendous terror. It was said…”

 

The media reported hastily about the newest news happened. Kyuhyun went in numb state watching the news.

 

Infinite H. Dongwoo hyung! He cried and quickly dialed a number he knew.

 

It was reported that the place where Dongwoo and Hoya are shooting out of sudden exploded. Everyone was extremely shocked. An emergency was immediately called and rushed to the place. Few people are injured. They also found Dongwoo covered in blood not too far from where the explosion happened. He is alive but with his life standing on the thread.

 

 

 

TBC