Alone again

Voice

 

“Look at that girl, so weird.” A girl whispered to her friend and yet loud enough for Sungmin to hear.

 

“She’s so ugly, did she realize that.” Another one added.

 

“I can’t believe that she was still alive.”

 

“What…what are you?”

 

“How could you lie to me, Sungmin!! I hate you! You’re a !” another girl shouted at her, crying herself out.

 

“We’ll make you regret to be here, Lee Sungmin.”

 

Sungmin’s eyes immediately shoot opened. She was breathing hard with beads of sweat running down through her forehead. She breathes in and out repeatedly, while figuring out what has just happened.

 

It’s a dream.

 

She sighed tiredly. It’s been long since she the last time she had a nightmare. It was something that she wanted to forget the most. It was the scene where she was badly bullied back in the Japan. She massaged her head soft.

 

Is it starting again?

 

She questioned herself as she controls the tears from flowing from her eyes. She turned to her side and realized that she was alone in the room. She took her phone on the side table and it showed 7 a.m in the morning. She slowly gets up from the bed.

 

Where’s Teukie unnie? She wondered.

 

She looked again at her phone and notice there’s a missed call from her uncle. She checked her surroundings, making sure that no one is around and make a video call to Sungjin. After a few ringing, the call was answered by Sungjin with an irritated ‘hello’.

 

‘Jin-chan.’ She used sign language.

 

“Where are you now, Lee Sungmin? Aren’t you supposed to be staying with Yesung?” the man asked, a little bit annoyed with the fact that Sungmin isn’t at the place she supposed to be and without a notice at all.

 

‘I’m staying at my sensei’s house, Jin-chan.’

 

“Really? So, is this the reason why you used sign language to talk to me?” Sungmin nodded faintly to the question.

 

Sungjin sighed, relief in truth.

 

“You should have at least text me.” He reminded, “I’m worry about you, you know. But, I’m glad that you’re okay. Just remember to never do this again next time. I couldn’t even sleep well last night.” He complained, closing his eyes for a moment.

 

“Anyway,” he looked back the screen, “I need to get ready for another meeting now. I’ll call you again later. Also, send my regards to your teacher.”

 

‘Okay, Jin-chan.’

 

“I’ll be home at 2. Or maybe a little bit later. I’m not so sure yet.” He informed, “But at any rate, I’m coming home. Maybe I’ll come and fetch you at school if you want.”

 

Sungmin shook her head frantically, “Why?” Sungjin instantly demanded a reason, frowning.

 

‘I don’t want to burden you. Let’s just meet at home. You must be tired, right Jin-chan?’

 

“You’re not a burden at all to me, Sungmin. I have to admit though that I am bit tired. But, if you insisted that I should not, then let’s just meet at home. Call me if there’s anything.” Sungmin smiled and nodded.

 

They ended the call.

 

Jin-chan might get angry at me again if he saw these puffy eyes. Maybe I should put some ice to lessen it a little bit. Sungmin looked at herself in the mirror. I better get out now.

 

She opened the door and get out from the room. Surprised, that was what she felt as soon as she reached the dining room when saw Kangin back-hugging Leeteuk in an intimate way while the girl was preparing the breakfast.

 

“Can you please stop bugging me already, Youngwoon. Go and sit!” Leeteuk whine but she was totally ignored of course.

 

“I’m just hugging my girlfriend, it’s not wrong, right?”

 

“You are making me slow, ah Sungmin!” Leeteuk turned behind and was agape to see Sungmin standing there, looking at them.

 

“Let go of me now.”

 

“Ahhh!!” Kangin wince in pain as Leeteuk pinched the hands that were hugging her waist, “That’s sting, Teukie.”

 

“Serve you right.” She snickered, and went towards the daze Sungmin, “Good morning Minnie. Have a nice sleep last night?” Sungmin nodded slowly still with a puzzled expression.

 

“What’s wrong? Did you want to ask us anything?”

 

Sungmin took out her phone and type the question, ‘Are you a couple now, unnie?’

 

“Couple? No! It’s not like what you think! This is…”

 

“Yup! We’re lovers now.” Kangin cut her explanation, hugging Leeteuk’s waist.

 

“Yah! Why are you saying that?!”

 

“Why what? It is the truth.”

 

“Look at the situation! This…umph!” Leeteuk once again wasn’t able to finish her statement when a person suddenly bear hug her.

 

‘I’m so happy to you, unnie!  I told you, right oppa? Unnie loves you!’

 

“Yeah, you’re right at that part.” Kangin replied to her response that was type and showed to them.

 

“What is it? Don’t tell me that you told Sungmin…”

 

“Well, Sungmin here is…” Kangin moving closer to Sungmin and patted her head, “More than just a sister to me. Of course I’ll share everything with her. And that’s why also I told you to not be jealous of her.” Kangin and Sungmin exchanged a meaningful smile.

 

“Then, what did you do last night…was only to make me…jealous?”

 

“Sort of like that and I succeeded.” Kangin smiled mischievously.

 

“You! How could you!”

 

“Now now, don’t be angry Teukie.” Kangin pulled her into an embrace, “I did that only to ensure your feelings. No harm done, right?” Leeteuk could feel her cheeks burned by the statement as she was really shy for actually felt jealous to Sungmin.

 

“Moreover,” Kangin said and looked at Sungmin, “I think Sungmin is even glad that we’re together now, right Ming?” Sungmin showed her sweetest smile and nodded eagerly.

 

Leeteuk take turn to look at Sungmin and her new found boyfriend back and forth. She heaved a heavy sigh.

 

“A group hug?” she offered her hands towards Sungmin and of course, Sungmin cheerfully accepted it and launched herself into a hug in between Kangin and Leeteuk.

 

Sungmin showed them a sign and was immediately translated by Kangin, “I think she said ‘I love you’ to you.”

 

“Really? And I love you too.” All three of them hugged even more and share a laugh together.

 

It was a new start for the couple and Sungmin was happy to be a part of it.

 

~~

 

Sungmin went to school with Kangin that morning. She forced Kangin to promise to not make any moves regarding about what happened to her the other day. Kangin disagree about her kind attitude and so want to take a revenge for her but Sungmin insisted that nothing should be done. She just didn’t want anything to make it worse than it was already. She also makes a promise with the couple, both Kangin and Leeteuk to not spill a word about her condition to anyone.

 

                Kangin send her just about the gate. Even he didn’t want to be seen together with Sungmin. The reason is not because he was ashamed of the girl but because of other people perception on him. He has no problem regarding that matter, but he was thinking about Sungmin’s side because he knew that people will start gossiping if Sungmin was seen to be with him so much. As the girl was new to the school, he thought that maybe it’s better for them to keep their friendship a secret for the mean time. Sungmin arrived at her class and wasn’t surprised to notice that Ryeowook was not there and so did Donghae.

 

She can see the victorious look on Seohyun and her friends when she stepped inside the classroom but she chooses to ignore it. When she walked to her table, she stopped. Her table was covered with lots of garbage and stitches of hurtful words.

 

“Looks like you have to clean it, Sungminie.” Seohyun evilly pointed, followed by laugh with her other friends.

 

“I’m sorry if it bothers you but, here…take this.” She threw a rag on Sungmin that landed on her face before it falls on the floor.

 

“The rag is totally perfect for a like you.” The girl added and laughs even more wickedly with her friends, feeling so pleased tormenting Sungmin.

 

It has started. Again.

 

She told herself while controlling the tears from falling here and there. Slowly, she took the rag and started cleaning the table. She must do it before the teacher came or else the teacher might ask her more questions that she didn’t want to answer at all.

 

~~

 

Sungmin arrived at her house later and was greeted with emptiness. It is still early anyway, and his uncle hasn’t come back from outstation yet.

 

“Kon.” She rubbed the pet’s head gently while smiling.

 

“I’m sorry for leaving you alone last night. I’ll prepare some food for you, okay?” and Sungmin steps inside the kitchen, followed by Kon as she lets her out from the cage.

 

After that, she went to the bathroom to wash herself. She lets the water runs down through her body. Closing her eyes slowly, she couldn’t hold the tears from flowing anymore. What has happened yesterday was still fresh inside her head and she couldn’t just tell herself to forget it. It hurt her feeling much by the accusation from her first friend and especially her crush has already started to hate her. Furthermore, to add the pain, what Seohyun and the gang did to her that morning was even more painful. It was like her world has going back to where she used to be in Japan.

 

Will I end up alone just like in Japan again? Will everyone hate me now? But, what did I do? What did I do wrong?

 

She continues pouring questions to her own self without any answer to any of it. She wants to know the reason why for every accusation but then she knew, it was worthless with the anger that still lingers on her friend.

 

She knew she had to hide the fact that she was bullied again from her uncle. Because if it was known to him, Sungjin might take her away again. Even though she wants to run away from the bullying, she also has other reason for her to stay. So, she decided to endure it for the moment. At least, the different that she has now is, there is Kangin that will always protect her if anything really went out of control.

 

~~

 

Donghae’s POV

 

It was morning, another morning. I never realize the color of morning is actually yellow. I turned to my side and saw my best friend, Kim Ryeowook. Last night was another tough day for her. She kept crying non-stop even after she fall asleep. Well, I guess she really does heartbroken.

 

Two days ago, she came to me, kept telling me that she hates Sungmin and refuses to forgive her ever. She didn’t even give me any chance to send any text to Sungmin to ask about the details. What’s more weird, my cousin Cho Kyuhyun, has also been acting weird since yesterday. Is this has something to do with Sungmin too? So frustrating!!

 

Donghae ruffled her hair in frustration. It has been the second day that Ryeowook stayed with her. She has to skip school yesterday only because Ryeowook refuse to let her go. Seeing for the first time that Ryeowook acting like that, she didn’t have the heart to leave her alone. Furthermore, they really are best friend after all. She brushed away some of her sleeping friend’s hair.  Just that moment, her phone rang and knowing the ringtone, she immediately answers the call.

 

“Hey baby.” A hoarse voice from the other side greeted.

 

“Morning, baby.” She answered, “Dream of me last night?”

 

“How could I not? You are the reason for me to fall asleep, right?”

 

Donghae chuckled, “Stop being cheesy, Hyukkie baby. I had a tough time last night with Wookie crying non-stop.”

 

“Really? Sorry baby. Let’s just cancel our practice for the morning. Wookie needs you and also…I forgot to tell you that I have morning call with the teacher today.” Eunhyuk informed dejectedly.

 

“Another fail?”

 

“It’s just one mark! That teacher is nuts! Argh!!” Eunhyuk screamed, frustrated.

 

“It’s okay, baby. We’ll just meet at lunch. Good luck with your meeting.”

 

“Thanks baby. Oh yes, where’s my morning kiss?” Eunhyuk requested.

 

She smiled, “Good morning again, baby.” Donghae greeted again and kissed the phone.

 

Eunhyuk’s satisfy giggle could be heard from the other side.

 

They bid goodbye and hung up the call. She went to the toilet and takes a short shower. After that, when she went out Ryeowook has already waken up.

 

“Hey, Wookie. Feeling better?” Ryeowook looks at her and nodded slowly.

 

“Maybe.” She answered short.

 

“Hae, you’re going to school?”

 

“Yeah…I’m thinking that. What about you?”

 

The girl stopped to think for a while, “Yeah. I’m going to.”

 

Donghae smile in relieved, “I’ll wait for you downstairs.”

 

Donghae went downstairs to the kitchen and was greeted by her mother.

 

“How’s Wookie? Is she feeling okay now?” the mother asked.

 

“Hardly okay. But, we’re going to school.”

 

“What about your other friend?”

 

“Sungmin? Well…I think I just need to talk to her first.” Donghae answered, hesitated.

 

Her head was hurting to think about her friends. Still, she needs to be strong for Ryeowook as they have been together for so long already. After a healthy breakfast from Donghae’s mother, both of the girls get ready to school and went there together. Ryeowook was still looking so gloom. At the locker, they bumped into one person that Ryeowook didn’t want to see so much, Sungmin.

 

“Sungmin.” Donghae called, Sungmin tensed at first, but she smiled answering the greeting.

 

“Let’s go, Hae.” Ryeowook walked pass her, didn’t spare a glance at Sungmin.

 

“Wookie, wait.” Donghae grabbed her hand fast, “I really think we need to talk about this. Maybe we should listen to…”

 

“Listen to what, Hae? She’s mute, remember?” Ryeowook cuts her and the words stabbed straight to Sungmin’s heart.

 

“She’ll not be able to explain anything anyway, because it is the truth.” Ryeowook kept spurting hurtful words, no longer care about Sungmin’s feelings.

 

“Wookie!”

 

“What?!” the girl rage, “If you want to defend her side so much, then go, Hae! I told you I don’t want to have anything with her anymore!”

 

“But…”

 

“Just choose, Hae! Me or this…this…girl!” Ryeowook insisted, already on the verge of crying.

 

“Wookie, this is…” Donghae was absolutely torn apart.

 

She looks at Sungmin and the girl gave a simple nod. That’s gesture really made her sad. To be forced to choose between her two best friends has never crossed her mind ever. It was something that shouldn’t happen at all.

 

“Fine! Leave me alone!” Ryeowook got tired of waiting, and stormed away from there.

 

“Ryeowook! Sungmin…I…I’m very sorry.” Donghae apologized and ran to chase her friend, leaving Sungmin alone there, slowly breaking apart.

 

Sungmin only watched, emotionless, as her friends’ silhouettes disappeared from her sight.

 

“What a good drama to start the day.” Someone said suddenly, followed by few laugh.

 

Sungmin could perfectly recognize the voice and the reason for the statement. It was again, Seohyun and her friends. Sungmin just ignore it and put her shoes inside the locker.

 

“Good morning again, .” Seohyun pushed Sungmin to wall just as she walked passed her.

 

Sungmin was out of balance, and fall hard on the floor.

 

“Hahaha…you deserved that. Toodles.” Seohyun continued wickedly, and left the scene with her friends.

 

Some eyes were watching the situation started from the very beginning but no one went to help Sungmin. Sungmin control herself from spilling any tears. She slowly stands up, hung her bag on her shoulder, and walked to class.

 

Everything will be alright. She tried to assure herself though she knew deep in her heart that was a lie.

 

For all day that day, Sungmin spends her time alone. Yesung still has few more days before he come back from his trip leaving her to no one to hold on to. Though Kangin and Leeteuk were willingly to help her, she refused as she didn’t really want to burden them. What’s more, she has been keeping the fact that she was bullied from everyone, so those two could hardly help. But what she didn’t know, Kangin realized about her bullying but he restrain himself from involve, at least not until Sungmin herself told him to do something. Donghae also secretly helped her without Ryeowook’s knowing but, that was not enough at all to stop the bullying completely.

 

Later that afternoon, the door to the infirmary was again opened and Kangin appeared.

 

“Hey, babe.” He greeted Leeteuk cheerfully.

 

“I told you to stop calling me that, right?” Leeteuk hit him soft using a file, “At least, not in school, idiot.” She continued, blushing a little.

 

Kangin smiled gleefully, happy to finally be able to have a moment to be cherished with the girl he loves, “A kiss?” he requested, plus with puppy eyes.

 

“Don’t try your luck, brat.” And a smack he got (with a little more force this time).

 

“I’m just trying.” He chuckled, “Can I borrow a bed? I’m tired…” he whined, but he was stop by Leeteuk when he was about to go to where the bed is.

 

“Apparently, no. you can’t borrow the bed today.” Leeteuk said.

 

“Why?” he frowned, obviously didn’t like it at all.

 

Leeteuk pointed to the bed. Kangin was surprised when he looked at it because on the infirmary bed was actually Sungmin, sleeping so peacefully.

 

“What happened to her?” Kangin asked.

 

“I don’t know but I can guess it somehow.” Leeteuk answered.

 

“Bully?” Leeteuk nodded.

 

The duo sighed.

 

“She came here with some scrap on her knees and somewhere else on her body. Well, she says she trip while walking.”

 

“So much with trip.” Kangin’s huffed feeling annoyed, “I know this all has everything to do with those es.” He added.

 

“If only Sungmin didn’t make me to promise. I’ll surely show those es how cruel the world is. I’ll kill them.”

 

“No, you will not.” Leeteuk immediately said, “Just calm down and remember your promise. I’m sure Sungmin is strong enough to go through this. If things ever get bad, we’ll be there for her. I promise.” Leeteuk determined.

 

Kangin looked at the intensity of her eyes. His lips curve into a smile as he sighed again.

 

“Fine.” He replied.

 

Leeteuk was of course glad to hear that, she patted the boy’s head, “She trusts in you, Youngwoon. So, even if she has no one else here, she still has you.”

 

“Yes, I know. And she trust you too, Teukie.” He her cheek gently and continues, “That’s why we’re going to protect her together.” Leeteuk nodded and they both shared a sweet smile.

 

Sungmin on the other hand, was sleeping calmly on the bed. Clueless about what’s going to happen to her in the next time.

 

TBC

 

 

 

~~sorry for the lame update...my inspiration has started to dissappear again..help me...T_T. i'm having so much stress with work lately, so didn't have much time for myself..anyway, this is an update for everyone!! lots of kisses and thanks for people who read and comments!! heheh~~