The beach 2

Voice

 

 

Chapter 24 – The beach 2

 

“Ice onegaishimasu.” Sungmin ask one shopkeeper while she and the girls buying some juice at one shop.

 

“Ice? What are you going to do with it?” Ryeowook questioned.

 

“It’s for Kyu. He might be having a heat in this hot weather to have that sudden nosebleed.” Sungmin reasons, thanking the shopkeeper at the same time after taking the things they bought.

 

Ryeowook and Donghae giggles to hear that reason.

 

“Why?”

 

“You really care about Kyuhyun so much even though he has that ill intention towards you, right Minnie?” Donghae teased, smirking together with Ryeowook.

 

Sungmin blush a bit but she tried to keep her cold composure, “I…I don’t really care. He’s a friend after all.”

 

“Do you actually like him, Minnie?”

 

“LikE? Please! It’s not like that at all!” Sungmin denied all her might but, her shutter didn’t sound so convincing at all.

 

“Are you sure…” they sang teasingly.

 

“Yes, I’m sure. Please don’t tease me like that.” Sungmin blushed madly.

 

Donghae and Ryeowook laugh together, really having fun teasing her friend.

 

Of course Sungmin would deny the fact that she likes Kyuhyun. She’s still isn’t ready to confess. They still didn’t know much about each other after the separation, also because she’s afraid of what her family might do to Kyuhyun if only they knew. Been in a super over-protective family, really is, isn’t a good thing for anyone courting her.

 

Sungmin excused herself first to get something inside her penthouse. She gives the ice pack to Donghae to give it to Kyuhyun. After that, Kyuhyun also follows her to the penthouse after knowing about that from Donghae. He walks there and is surprise to see Sungmin is talking to someone near the gate. He somehow could sense some danger. He faster his pace but the man left just before he arrived at Sungmin.

 

“Sungmin.” he calls.

 

“Ah, Kyukyu.”

 

“What are you doing? Who is that guy just now?” he asked, frowning and Sungmin shakes her head, didn’t know.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Eh? You don’t know?”

 

“He just gave me these flowers.” Sungmin showed a bouquet of flowers in her arms, “He said, it’s for me because I’m beautiful.” She gives the reason while smiling because she is actually happy to get those flowers even though she is sure she didn’t know that man just now.

 

“Flower? Beautiful? You accept it without knowing that guy?” Sungmin nods.

 

“Do you know it’s dangerous to receive something from stranger. You might get injured or something similar if you’re not careful.” Kyuhyun nags.

 

“I’m not a kid.” She retorted almost like a whisper, a pout starts to appear but she’s still holding the flowers tight.

 

“What if he’s trying to hurt you or put something inside those flowers?”

 

“I know it’s bad, and I tried to reject but he insisted of giving me these flowers. So that’s why…I accept.” She sulks, “But, isn’t it lovely?” Sungmin changes the subject.

 

Kyuhyun sighs heavily. He knows that Sungmin is innocent in that matter.

 

“Next time, be careful.” He reminded, “All of us will be in deep trouble if anything happens to you.”

 

“Okay, Kyukyu.” Sungmin replied gleefully, and she’s actually happy that Kyuhyun is showing much concern about her.

 

Kyuhyun nods approving, after he’s satisfied with Sungmin’s answer. They get inside the penthouse goes their separate way to get something. On the way to her room, Sungmin puts the flower in an available vase and arrange it beautifully in their living room. Sungmin comes back few minutes later, seeing Kyuhyun already standing in front of the door, waiting for her. And he’s holding something in his hands.

 

“Are you done?” Sungmin asks.

 

Kyuhyun nods and he hands her a piece of parka to her.

 

Sungmin stares at it, puzzled.

 

“Eh? What’s this?”

 

“A parka.”

 

“I know it’s a parka, Kyukyu. I mean…what is this for?”

 

“Well…it’s not good to show so much skin in this hot weather,” he scratches the back of his nape awkwardly, “You might get sunburn.” He reasoned, looking away from Sungmin to hide the blush that clearly appears on his face.

 

Sungmin is sure confusing for a moment therewith Kyuhyun’s strange request. She innocently takes the parka and wears it with no more questions. But then, she realizes that Kyuhyun is just protecting her. A genuine smile appears on her lips, contented.

 

“It might be a little big for you though.” Kyuhyun comments, as he watched Sungmin wearing it.

 

“No, it’s okay. It is more breezy this way.” Sungmin answers back at him.

 

They smiles to each other.

 

“Come. We better get back to your uncle. He might really kill me if he knew I keep you here long.”

 

Sungmin chuckles by that statement but she agrees on that part. They walk back to the beach together, a comfortable silent enveloped them.

 

~~

 

“Hey brats, let’s compete.” Everyone turns to Dongwoo.

 

“You see that floating gourd over there?” the others nod, “Let’s race till there. Anyone can that gourd and come back the fastest will be the winner.” He adds.

 

“Hmph, a stupid race.” Sungjin scoffed, turning away from Dongwoo.

 

“And the winner can get a kiss from any girl they like.” Dongwoo adds more.

 

“What?!” every boys scream, really shock, “Why?!”

 

“No reason,” he shrugged, “I just want to make it more fun with prizes.”

 

“And what fun is it to use my niece as the prize?!” Sungjin is angry, for sure.

 

“Mine too!” the other two boyfriends, Yesung and Eunhyuk agree.

 

“Oh, come on you three. Don’t be so uptight. It’s just a kiss on the cheek. The girls will not lose their ity or something awful.”

 

“Hyung!”            

 

“Dongwoo!!” they protested the idea.

 

“I’m in.” Yunho suddenly said, leaving the boys’ mouth hang open.

 

“Okay, 2nd contestant up!” Dongwoo cheers.

 

“Where’s the 1st contestant?”

 

“I am of course.” They talk to each other and stretching their body, totally ignore the others.

 

“Yun! Why are you in this too?!” Sungjin questioned in dissatisfaction.

 

“’Cause it’s summer and a kiss is not so hard to do.” He bluntly answered, “Unless, all of you are chickens.” He mocks, smirking evilly.

 

“I’m in!” Yesung and Eunhyuk instantly announce after they hear that.

 

“3rd and 4th contestant up!”

 

“Don’t worry, Hae baby. I’ll protect you from those wolves.” Eunhyuk determined, eyes already on fire.

 

Donghae chuckles, “I know you can do it, Hyukkie honey.” Donghae encourages.

 

“I’ll win for you.” Yesung said to Ryeowook and the girlfriend nods, encouraging him.

 

“So, only four?”

 

“No, Sungjin and Kyuhyun are joining too.” Yunho answers Dongwoo’s question.

 

“What?! Why?!” those two ask, using different tone altogether.

 

“Because I told you to.” He stares at them, shutting them up completely, “Also, don’t you want to protect your niece lips from us?”

 

Realization strikes right through Sungjin upon hearing that. He stares fiercely at Kyuhyun and turns to his niece.

 

“I’ll win.” He said.

 

Sungmin laughs to see the fire of determination in her uncle’s eyes, “Ganbatte, Jin-chan.” She smiles sweetly towards her uncle.

 

“Great! All competitors, get ready!”

 

All the boys stand and prepare themselves at the rear water.

 

“I’ll be the referee!” Donghae volunteers herself.

 

As soon as the signal is given, they swim fast inside the deep sea.

 

“Who would you think will win, Minnie?” Ryeowook asks.

 

“Yun-kun.” Sungmin replies back confidently.

 

“Wow, you look confident.”

 

“Because Yun-kun would never let anyone stay in front of him too long.” She reasoned.

 

Seconds passed so quickly. Just like what Sungmin told Ryeowook, the ultimate winner is Yunho.

 

“Omedetou, Yun-kun.” Sungmin congratulated and kiss him lightly on the cheeks.

 

“Arigatou, Hime.” Yunho pats the girl affectionately.

 

The others are still panting and lying on the beach tiredly. They have tried to catch up with Yunho’s speed but none of them are able to get near him.

 

“Not fair!” Sungjin and Dongwoo shouts, frustrated.

 

“What is? I win that fair and square. You watch it yourself.” Yunho retorted back proudly.

 

“But…”

 

“Don’t get angry, Jin-chan, Woo-kun.” Sungmin gives them a quick kiss on each cheek, “Minnie will still love you.” She smiles beautifully and that is all that it takes to make Sungjin and Dongwoo smiles again.

 

“That guy…is a monster…” Eunhyuk exclaimed, still panting.

 

“Don’t worry Hyukkie. You’re still the winner for me.” Donghae said, as she pecks his boyfriend fast on his lips.

 

“I know.” Eunhyuk grin, his mood has change for better with that kiss.

 

“You are good too, oppa.” The Yewook couple compliments each other on the other side.

 

In contrast to that, Kyuhyun can just his tiredness away without anyone consolidation. He is envy with his friends and especially with Sungmin’s uncles. Then again, he has to accept the fact that he is just a friend to Sungmin.

 

“Let’s play this next,” Donghae suggests, pumping some water in the water gun that they bought.

 

“Water fight!” As soon as Donghae starts firing, the others quickly grab one and they start another game, excluding Yunho though.

 

It’s not his style, he said.

 

They have so much fun playing with water and especially with each other. What they didn’t know and realizes there is actually a pair of eyes watching their happy moment from afar.

 

“I’ve found you, my Min.” He said to no one but himself, smirking as a very weird aura overwhelmed.

 

TBC

 

 

So, there is a glimpse of new character this time in the end, but that person will not appear sooner, so rest assure. For the mean time, prays that I at least got some free time to write this…can’t even stay calm now. It’s short but here’s the update for everyone…Anyway, I know I’m super late but ‘SWING, NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!’ HAHAHAHA…happy days, minna!!!