Turbulence

Voice

 

“Did you make many friends now?” Sungjin asked one night, coming inside the kitchen after a bath.

 

“Sort of. But not that many though. But, Kyukyu and I talk a lot now.”

 

“Talk?”

 

“Jin-chan, I know by that look.”

 

“What? What’s with my look?”

 

“Fine, it was him that done the talking. I’m only listening.” Sungmin stated dejectedly.

 

Sungjin smiled mischievously, “I know. You don’t have to look that dejected you know?”

 

“But, you were teasing me.”

 

“I’m not teasing. Well, maybe a little bit. I’m happy for you, Min-chan.” He patted the girl’s head gently, “But, this is not Japan.” Sungmin flinched a little by the last word.

 

“This is different than Japan. There is no betrayal here that will hurt you. Aside from that, even there is, this is not Japan for our members to protect you. There is no spy to watch over you always, you know?” Sungmin nodded, understand what Sungjin was trying to tell her.

 

“But, if you want, I can always told one or two to come.”

 

“No!” Sungmin instantly objected by the suggestion.

 

“You make a promise, Jin-chan. If my friends knew…they might run away from me…again.” She added, feeling sad when she remembered the last time she was in Japan.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you sad again. I made a promise right? Of course I’ll true with it.” He smiled, reassure the girl, “Let’s eat now, okay. It’s getting cold.” Sungmin smile and nodded.

 

Late that night, Sungjin was just finished his work when he walked passed Sungmin’s room and saw the dim light that was still on from her room. He opened the door slowly and saw that Sungmin has already fall asleep on the table. Smiled inwardly, he gets inside the room, avoid making any sound.

 

Looks like, she has been working on new song again. He watched the girl and sighed sadly. If only you have the courage to speak and sing again, maybe the songs will be a hit now.

 

He lifted the girl in a bridal style, “Jin-chan?” Sungmin stirred in her sleep, awaken by the touch.

 

“Just go to sleep, Ming.” He puts his niece on the bed, covering her with blanket and added with a few on her hair.

 

Moments later, after Sungmin fall back asleep Sungjin went back to his room. a part of him was glad that Sungmin has already making friends but somehow, he didn’t understand why, he could feel something might happen.

 

Hopefully it was just my imagination. He prayed.

 

~~

 

Just a few months later, one morning, Sungmin went to school as usual accompany by Yesung before they separated to go at their own floor. Sungmin has just kept her shoes in the locker when she realizes there are few people surrounding her.

 

‘Seohyun.’

 

“Good morning, .” Jess greeted, smirking.

 

Sungmin just stared down at them and was about to walk away when she was harshly pushed to the wall by one of the girls.

 

“Where do you think you’re going, freak?” the girls circled around her to stop her from running away.

 

‘What do you want?’ Sungmin questioned as she continue staring at them.

 

“We want to warn you to stop clinging to Kyuhyun.” Seohyun warned, pushed Sungmin even more.

 

“This is the last warning, Lee Sungmin. Leave Kyuhyun alone. He’s mine, understand?” she continued, “If you still refuse…” she gave Sungmin a deathly glare, “Don’t ever cry if something happen to you.” She pushed Sungmin again till she falls hard on the floor.

 

“Listen to the warning, Sungminnie. We’re not joking.” Fany added.

 

They then left the scene leaving Sungmin behind while laughing evilly.

 

‘What’s with them? I didn’t even bother them, why would they hate me so much. It’s not me who approaches Kyuhyun but, he is.’

 

Sungmin sighed, slowly get up and just went straight to her class ignoring the feint of pain that she felt because of the fall just now.

 

~~

 

No matter what the warning that been given to her, Sungmin believe that it wasn’t that serious so, she decided to just ignore it. Furthermore, she couldn’t stop herself from being together with Kyuhyun when Kyuhyun is the only one of the friends that she got. Kyuhyun was the one done the talking where she was just be there to keep the guy company. But, when Seohyun saw it, she was furious.

 

“How dare she just ignore my warning?” She controlled her anger from exploding there.

 

Then, she smirk, “Fine then. You wanna play game huh, Lee Sungmin. We’ll see whether you can still laugh like that again if I reveal your secret. You’ll be sorry.” she said and walks off from there to proceed with her evil plan in destroying Sungmin.

 

During the recess time, Ryeowook was walking alone from the teacher’s lounge and she stopped when she bumped into someone.

 

“I’m sorry, I…oh it’s you.” Her apologizing left unfinished when she saw the one she bumped into was none other than Seohyun.

 

“We have something to show to you.” Seohyun said, in an arrogant tone.

 

“But, I don’t. Leave me alone.” She replied almost instantly and walks away but she stopped hearing one remark from Seohyun.

 

“It’s about Yesung-oppa.”

 

“We know how much you admire that student council president.” The group went in front of her, “So, I got a little present for you.” Seohyun handed a piece of photo to Ryeowook.

 

Nervously, Ryeowook took the photo and was agape with what she saw.

 

“Very shocking, right?” Ryeowook couldn’t believe her eyes.

 

“Let me explain. This is your friend, Lee Sungmin and this is Yesung-oppa. They are hugging sooo…tight.” They exaggerate.

 

“No, it’s impossible. Minnie…she knew…she…”

 

“Would never do something like that?” Jess finished up Ryeowook’s sentence sarcastically.

 

“Oh, Ryeowook. You haven’t seen much. This is just basic. We have seen something even worse.” She lied.

 

“But, it’s up to you to believe it. We don’t want to force you.” Fany snatched the photo away. “We are just helping you to see the truth about your y friend.” She added.

 

“Let’s go, girls. Our business is finish here.” Seohyun ordered, feeling so satisfied that Ryeowook has taken the bait just like how she planned by the look on her face.

 

“Oh, yes. Before I forgot, did you know, Ryeowook?” Seohyun paused, “They live together.” She whispered to Ryeowook’s ears, adding oil to the fire.

 

“Hahaha…” they all left together, still laughing at her mockingly.

 

Ryeowook was stunned. Her feet were glued to the floor as she couldn’t believe what she just heard. She felt being betrayed so much. Sungmin knew how much she loves Yesung but how could she do something behind her back like that. Sungmin has been lying to her all along, that what she thought. She wipes her eyes. She stopped the tears before it spilled. She felt hurt so much that someone that she trust has betrays her.

 

What has Seohyun told her has given so much impact to Ryeowook. She believes in everything that was told and she vented out the anger by ignoring Sungmin entirely.

 

‘Wookie, what’s wrong? Why are you ignoring me?’Sungmin asked using sign language.

 

Without answering anything, Ryeowook just glared at her and left. It leaves her more puzzled with the sudden attitude. Even when she texted Ryeowook, the girl didn’t even reply any of it.

 

‘What happened with her?’ Sungmin just shrugged away thinking that maybe Ryeowook was having a bad day.

 

But, what she didn’t know is that Seohyun has made another move, which is Kyuhyun. Just like Ryeowook, she also showed Kyuhyun the picture that she took with Sungmin hugging Yesung plus with some more pictures. Kyuhyun just stunned to see the pictures that he didn’t even realize that the pictures were edited. He was burned in jealousy to see the intimadacy of Sungmin and Yesung.

 

When the school was over, Sungmin once again went to meet with Ryeowook but this time, Ryeowook no longer keep it silent.

 

“Stop bothering me!” Ryeowook shouted and Sungmin extremely startled by the reaction.

 

“I don’t want to see your face! Just leave me alone!” she yelled furiously.

 

‘What did I do?’

 

“What did you do? Heh…stop pretending Sungmin. How could you ask that?! You hurt me Sungmin! You totally hurt me!” Ryeowook couldn’t hold her feeling anymore as she shed tears.

 

‘I…’

 

“How could you do this to me…you betray me. I thought that we are friends.” She sobbed.

 

Sungmin gestured some answer but it was immediately cut off by Ryeowook, “I don’t want to have anything with you anymore. Never show your face in front of me, .” And without giving Sungmin a chance to ‘say’ anything, Ryeowook ran away.

 

Sungmin was of course dumbfounded. She didn’t understand a thing what Ryeowok was talking about. She also felt hurt by the words said by Ryeowook just now. She rubbed her eyes, restraining herself from crying there and when she turned back, someone was there standing not so far from her.

 

‘Kyu…’ she mouthed the words but the said person only glared at her with unreadable face.

 

“Why didn’t you just explain?” He spoke, sounding so cold.

 

“You must be rejoicing in heart for hurting your friend like that right?” That statement stabbed Sungmin’s heart even more.

 

‘What are you talking about?’

 

“I don’t understand!” Kyuhyun yelled and pushed Sungmin hard to the wall.

 

“Speak to me, Sungmin! Just speak so that I can hear your voice and explanation!” Kyuhyun trapped Sungmin using his body and continue shouting.

 

Sungmin mouthed something to explain but Kyuhyun was already blinded by jealousy that makes him refuse to understand her. Kyuhyun was fuming. He grabbed Sungmin’s chin and force her to face to face with him before he said the most hurtful words.

 

“I hate you, Lee Sungmin.” Sungmin’s world instantly crushed into pieces.

 

After Kyuhyun left the scene, her feet turned into jelly as she slowly slides down onto the floor.

 

What have I done? Why they suddenly hate me so much? Why?

 

As she continues asking the reasons for everything, tears have already flowing like a river. She was clueless with what Ryeowook and Kyuhyun said and her body couldn’t hold the hatred any longer as she started sobbing. Unconsciously, she blew the whistle given by Kangin. Because of crying, she only manages to blow it soft without a hope that Kangin will actually come to her side.

 

But, what she thought proven to be wrong. Just a minute or two later, she felt a shadow covering her. Kangin was standing in front of her, panting like he has just run.

 

‘Op…oppa…’ Sungmin called, though there’s no sound that came out.

 

Kangin sighed, “Shhh…I’m here. Don’t say anything. I understand.” And he pulled the girl into a tight embrace, giving the warmth she deserves.

 

So, for the first time, after so many times, Sungmin cried in someone else arms other than her uncle. She cried in Kangin’s hug, feeling so helpless.

 

~~

 

Meanwhile, Ryeowook who has run away from Sungmin just now was still crying her heart out at the music room. She knew no one will come to the room anyway. Donghae, who received a text telling that Ryeowook needs her, quickly went to where her best friend is. She was sure shocked to see a crying Ryeowook on the piano bench. She went to hug her and continue patting her back tried to calm her down. After a few minutes of crying, Ryeowook finally calm down.

 

“What’s wrong? Care to tell me the story now?” Donghae asked, still holds Ryeowook’s hands.

 

Ryeowook sniffed, “Sungmin…she betrays me.” And Donghae’s eyes widened by the statement.

 

“Betray? What do you mean?”

 

“You know how much I like Yesung-oppa, right?” Donghae nodded.

 

“Sungmin also knows that I like him so much.” Donghae nodded again.

 

“But, she didn’t tell me that she actually has a relationship with him.”

 

“What?”

 

“Sungmin lied to me for all this time, Hae! She’s been faking giving me support on my love to Yesung-oppa where the fact that she’s having affair behind my back! I hate her! How could she do this to me?” Ryeowook said angrily, tears starting to spill again, “And…and she must be laughing behind right Hae? Because she could fool me that easily.”

 

“Oh, Wookie.” Donghae launched forward and hugged her best friend tight.

 

Ryeowook continue sobbing, wetting her uniform, “Why did she do this to me? I thought that we were friends. I thought that I am her best friend. Hae…why…”

 

“Shh…don’t cry so much. I’m here. I will always be here.” Donghae said, rub a soothing circle on Ryeowook’s back.

 

She was out of words to hear what has happened from Ryeowook.

 

Sungmin would never do something like that. It’s really weird. Though we only know each for a short moment, Sungmin would never betray her only friend, especially Ryeowook. Something is not right here. Donghae thought to herself, still trying her best to calm her friend.

 

 

 

~~comments are highly appreciated!! ~~