Friends forever

Voice

 

Chapter 16 – Friends forever

 

Back in Korea, after Eunhyuk panickly informed Kyuhyun about Sungmin, the situation that is first chaos is finally under control.

 

Yesung was sure shocked when he received the call from his brother about Sungmin’s condition. He and Ryeowook rushed to where they are. The others are already there by the time they arrived. Sungmin was breathing hard in Kyuhyun’s arms, with sweating running through her forehead. She looks so weak and her fever was running high. They brought Sungmin to the infirmary immediately and luckily Leeteuk was still there. The nurse examined her and injected her some medicine because she was unconscious and she didn’t seems to be waking up any sooner.

 

Few hours after that, Leeteuk has just gone home after checking out on Sungmin for the last time. In sungmin’s big house for the moment, all her friends together with Jongjin are there, waiting for Sungmin to wake up again. Donghae and Ryeowook stayed in Sungmin’s room while the boys are at the living room. Ryeowook tell Donghae about what she found out from Yesung and Seohyun which lead to more tears.

 

“It was my entire fault, Hae. I should not be forgiven at all.” She cried in her best friend’s hug, while Donghae rubbing her back repeatedly to comfort her.

 

Donghae is more than glad that every misunderstanding is finally cleared. All they need to do now is only to ask for forgiveness from Sungmin itself.

 

On the other hand, in the living room, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk has also just finished telling their part of stories to the oblivious Yesung (also Jongjin). Kyuhyun feel guilty the most among the boys because he was not there with Sungmin when Sungmin was bullied the whole week. Yesung listened to the story in silent and after the story ended, he sighs tiredly. He excused himself to make a call to someone and left Jongjin to glare to the two high school students.

 

“You’re stupid.” He bluntly said.

 

“How could you believe those es’ lies above Minnie noona.” He glares at them continuously, still feeling angry with what has happened to Sungmin.

 

“We’re really sorry” Eunhyuk apologized, “And I think all us know the mistake now, without you rubbing on the wound more.” He added, sighing.

 

Jongjin scoffed away, avoiding any eye contact with them.

 

“Okay, Uncle. Thanks. Don’t worry. We’ll be okay. Bye.” Yesung steps in the living room, holding a phone, just as he finished talking to someone.

 

“Sungjin uncle?” Yesung nodded.

 

“I’ve told him about Sungmin. He said he’s coming back but they might be a little late. There’s rain in Japan now.” Yesung informed.

 

“How late is he?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“This morning. Maybe. I don’t know the exact time, but he will be riding back using his private plane for sure.” He added the explanation.

 

Yesung took a seat next to his brother on the couch and sighed again, in relief this time.

 

“I’ve just been away from school only for one week and this happened.” He remarked.

 

“I’m really sorry, hyung. Part of it is my fault.” Kyuhyun apologized again, still staring at floor.

 

“Me too, hyung. I should have helped her.” Eunhyuk said, regretfully.

 

Yesung looks at the gloomy face of his dongsaengs, “It’s okay. No one is at fault. What past is past. We can’t turn back and change it.”

 

“And yet, you should at least believe in her.” Jongjin interrupted suddenly, “Why would that girl be so stupid to actually believe those lies about Minnie. She’s really an idiot.” Jongjin said in annoyance, clearly points to Ryeowook.

 

“Calm down, Jongjin. It’s not all her faults.” Yesung defended.

 

“But, she’s her friend! Supposedly!” Jongjin fast protested but Yesung’s glare at him instantly stop his childish act.

 

He huffed angrily, crossed his arms on his chest and slumps down more onto the couch. He still isn’t satisfied at all with everything that happened. The bullying that happened to Sungmin was exactly the same thing like back in Japan, and again, he was not there to save and protect Sungmin. He blames his young age for not be able to stay at the same grade and school as Sungmin even though he promised the girl again and again. Still, he knew his love towards Sungmin is just one-sided love.

 

All I ever want is to protect Minnie. Why is it so hard to do? I’m the idiot one. He scolds himself.

 

When Jongjin blames himself for not be able to protect Sungmin, he didn’t know Kyuhyun also did the same to himself. What has happened really make them realizes that the promise to protect Sungmin was only a promise. They determined that they will true to the promise, starting from this time.

 

~~

 

Back in the Sungmin’s room, the two girls are still waiting for Sungmin to wake up. Ryeowook has just finished telling Donghae what she heard and Donghae can only comfort the girl as she cries her heart out. Sungmin stirred from her sleep, and slowly opens up her eyes. Her head throbbing a little, effect from the high fever.

 

“Wookie, look. She’s waking up.” Sungmin hears a voice.

 

She tries to open her eyes fully and sees Donghae and Ryeowook’s face, looking so worry.

 

“Sungmin…”

 

Ryeowookie?

 

“Sungmin, are you okay? Do you need anything?”

 

Donghae? What’s happening here? Sungmin questioned to herself, still staring at her two friends confusedly.

 

“Here, let me help you.” Donghae moves closer, and puts a pillow behind Sungmin as she helps Sungmin to sit up.

 

Sungmin continues on blinking her eyes few times, still staring and processing what is happening. The last thing that she remembers was her head throbbing so much and she black out at the hallway near the music room, no more. But now, she is already inside her room and the two girls are beside her.

 

 They’re supposed to hate me, right? Why are they here? Now? She asked herself again and again.

 

They look at each other, don’t know what kind of reaction to give. Until then, it is Ryeowook who first break the tense. She launched herself forward to hug Sungmin and cries, again.

 

“I’m sorry! Sungminie, I’m so sorry! Please forgive me!” she chanted over and leaving Sungmin astounded by the sudden action.

 

‘What…’

 

“We know the truth already, Minnie. You didn’t do anything wrong, at all. We’re really am sorry.” Donghae also apologizes, holding Sungmin’s hand tight.

 

'But, what…’

 

“It was all my faults! I should have not believed those es! It was me that hurts you! I’m so sorry Sungminie…” Ryeowook was already a sobbing mess.

 

Sungmin’s eyes widened by that truth. And Ryeowook just continues on saying sorry, really regretting everything especially the hurtful words that she said to Sungmin. Donghae also feel guilty, and she just stayed silent, with head down, tears also fall.

 

“You can hit me!” Ryeowook takes Sungmin hand and hits herself.

 

Of course Sungmin is shock and refused to do so. She struggles hard to take back her hand from hitting Ryeowook but the girl was so persistent and just hit herself repeatedly. In the end, Sungmin embraced the girl, firmly.

 

“Just hit me!” Ryeowook struggles back, Sungmin just remained hugging her, “Please…I’m so sorry…Sungmin…I’m so sorry.” In the end, Ryeowook also returned the hug.

 

Donghae who is beside them all along could only watch, also feeling sad with what has happened. After making sure, Ryeowook is a little bit calm down, Sungmin’s hold slowly loosened. She looks at the crying face of her friend, and asks that one question to make sure of everything.

 

‘Is this mean…we…can be…friends again?’ Sungmin gestures the question one by one. ‘You…don’t…hate me…right?’ a tear fall as the question ended.

 

Ryeowook who could understand it perfectly, feel so touch by Sungmin’s kindness to forgive them that easily.

 

“No…we will never hate you. I promise. I promise to always put my trust and never leave you again. Let’s be best friend again.”

 

Sungmin chuckled silently, wiping the tears with the back of her hand, ‘Thank…you...’ a smile formed, finally.

 

“Oh, Sungmin.” Ryeowook hugged her best friend once more, “It is me who should be the one to thank you.”

 

“Let’s be friend, forever.” Donghae also joined the hug and the two girls nodded, still with tears but tears of happiness this time.

 

At last, the pain is going to end, Sungmin is sure of it now.

 

While the three friends are hugging, gaining back the time that they missed each other, the door slowly creak opens. A small animal came running quickly inside the room and jump straight onto the bed, into Sungmin’s arms. The three hugging girls are surprise for sure.

 

‘Kon.’ Sungmin picked up the animal, her pet.

 

Sungmin, are you okay? You didn’t feel hurt anywhere right? Can I heal it? Did they hurt you again? Kon booming his master with questions which is only understand by the pet itself.

 

‘I’m fine.’ Sungmin, somehow understands her pet, and calming the animal while rubbing the Kon’s back repeatedly to assure it.

 

“Kon! You should not…” Yesung’s sentence stopped awkwardly when he appeared from the door, “Sorry, Kon run away immediately when I take him out. And I couldn’t stop him from going inside.” He said apologetically.

 

“Kon?” Donghae and Ryeowook repeated the name, puzzled.

 

“The ferret. His name is Kon.” Yesung answered.

 

‘It’s okay, oppa. Thank you for letting him out.’ Sungmin thanked with a smile and let out a silent giggle as the pet her remaining tears away.

 

Yesung stared at her and finally really relieved that Sungmin has started to smile again.

 

“So, I think all three of you has reconcile now, right?” the three girls look at each other and nodded, a smile still formed on each lips.

 

“That’s good.”

 

“Minnie! You’re awake?!” Jongjin stormed inside suddenly and pushed Yesung away from the door, as he stepped inside the room.

 

‘Jongjinie…’

 

Naturally Jongjin just plastered his and Sungmin’s forehead together, checking her temperature, shocking the spectators that watching, “Oh, I’m so glad that you’re okay now.” And the boy hugged Sungmin.

 

“Yah, Jongjin!” Yesung and also Kyuhyun’s protest could clearly be sense by the tone used.

 

Sungmin flinches a little to hear Kyuhyun’s voice after one whole week.

 

“What? I’m just glad that Sungminie is okay. Nothing harm done, right?” Jongjin calmly said, and Sungmin just chuckled silently, patting the boy’s head soft.

 

In truth, she is so happy that she gets her friends back and she knows that it will last longer this time.

 

TBC

 

 

Before Sungmin oppa's birthday is actually ended in my country i MUST at least post something!! and here it is (sorry that it is short thought)! sorry that i couldn't fulfill my promised to make a kyumin moment. it is still unfinished actually but i just wants to post this...hehehe forgive me please...<(_ _)>

also, sorry for not updating so long, i have a terrible toothache and still has at the moment plus with more works nowadays, that's why i couldn't update early. so, here it is for today! thank you for the readers whom has been reading and commenting! it makes me happy!! and again comments are highly appreciated!!