Truth hurts

Voice

 

Chapter 15 – Truth hurts

 

That afternoon, Ryeowook was walking in the hallway alone. She’s still a little depressed and looked gloomy. Though many days have passed, the dark circles under her eyes could be seen clearly.

 

“Ryeowook-ssi.” She jerked by the sudden call.

 

She instantly turned behind and saw Yesung walking towards her, with a smile.

 

“Haven’t go home yet?” Yesung asked and she shook her head but didn’t really answer Yesung’s question.

 

“You…just come back, oppa?” she tried to act normal and asked a question towards the boy.

 

“Yup. The student council trip has ended. I’m here to take some of my few things before I go home. ” Yesung explained.

 

“I see. Then, goodbye.” Ryeowook avoided any eye contact with him, and started walking.

 

“Eh, Ryeowook wait.” Yesung stopped her before she moved away but just as his hand touch her, Ryeowook snatched her hand away.

 

Yesung was astounded by the reaction.

 

“Hey, what's wrong? Did something happen?” he asked curiously and looked closer to the girl’s face.

 

He was surprised the puffy eyes and dark circle under Ryeowook’s eyes that visibly shown, “Did you…cry? Did I do something?”

 

“No, you didn’t.” Ryeowook mumbled under her breathe.

 

“What?”

 

“You did nothing!” Ryeowook yelled, “Yes! You did nothing to me! Stupid jerk!” she pushed Yesung away.

 

“Except that your girlfriend betrays me! She hurt me just for you!” Ryeowook continue yelling, letting out her frustration.

 

Yesung confusedly frowned, “Girlfriend? What do you mean girlfriend?” he questioned back.

 

Ryeowook scoffed, “Don’t play dumb Kim Jongwoon. You should already stop this stupid lies.”

 

“But, I…”

 

“Stop!” Ryeowook covered her ears to stop listening, “I don’t want to hear anything from you anymore.” Ryeowook wanted to walk but once again stopped by Yesung.

 

This time, Yesung hold her tighter, “Explain it to me clearly, Ryeowook.” He demanded.

 

“Let me go!” Ryeowook tried to break free from Yesung’s hold.

 

“No! Not until you explain it to me! What girlfriend?!” Yesung was already losing his temper.

 

“I’m talking about that Sungmin, jerk!”

 

“Sungmin?”

 

“Yes! I’m talking about your y girlfriend, Sungmin! Let go of me!” Ryeowook struggled, but Yesung’s hold is still stronger.

 

Ryeowook! What are you saying?!” Yesung’s temper rise by the insult.

 

“What? Do you feel insulted when I say your girlfriend is a ? Well, accept that because she is!”

 

“What…”

 

“Let go of me!” Ryeowook used her strength to escape, “I don’t want to have anything to do with you or Sungmin anymore!!”

 

“Then, why are you so angry?” Yesung asked, still couldn’t believe that Ryeowook said those hurtful words.

 

“Why?” Ryeoowk looked up, stared straight into Yesung’s eyes, and smirked, “Because I love you, oppa.” And she lets the tear fall.

 

Yesung was agape. His heart skipped a bit by the sudden confession especially because the confession is from someone that he has taken interest into.

 

“I love you so much, oppa. Since the first time that I met you. And, Sungmin know about it. I told her many times but she betrays me…” the girl sobbed while telling him her story, “She lied to me! She said you and her are only childhood friend. Whereas, you are lovers!”

 

Yesung’s mouth hangs open to hear that shocking accusation.

 

“Enough of this.” Ryeowook used the back of her hands to wipe the tears, “Seeing you will make my heart hurts even more. Leave me alone.” She walked away from there.

 

“But, Sungmin is not my girlfriend.” Ryeowook stop walking.

 

“We really are just childhood friend.” Yesung added more.

 

“You’re lying. I don’t believe you.” Ryeowook retorted back, without turning her head.

 

Yesung take a deep breath, “It’s true. Because the one I like is you, Kim Ryeowook.” He finally confessed.

 

~~

 

Meanwhile, at the same time while the two people were being true to themselves, there’s a boy waiting at the school gate.

 

“Jongjin.” And the boy is none other than Yesung’s brother.

 

Jongjin turned to the voice and is greeted by Kyuhyun.

 

“What are you doing here?” Kyuhyun asked, felt weird for a middle school student to be at the high school.

 

“Waiting.”

 

“Waiting? Yesung-hyung?”

 

“Nope. I’m waiting for Minnie noona.” Kyuhyun tensed by the name, “We’re going home together today. She’s staying.” Jongjin added.

 

So they do live together? Kyuhyun thought.

 

“What about you, hyung? Why are coming from there? ” Jongjin pointed outside of school, “Instead of here?” and he pointed next to the school.

 

“I’m just taking something here. And, yes I’m absent from school if that is what you want to ask.” Jongjin’s lips formed an ‘O’.

 

“Jongjin, can I ask you something.” Jongjin hummed.

 

“Jongwoon hyung…does he has…a girlfriend?” Kyuhyun ask, word by word, “Or anyone…that he like?” he asked more.

 

Jongjin could sense there’s seriousness in the question as Kyuhyun call his brother by his given name nit his nickname. He thinks for a moment.

 

“No, I guess. Why?”

 

“Well…Sungmin…Does he has a feeling for Sungmin?” Kyuhyun asked, almost inaudible.

 

Jongjin was surprised at first to hear that sort of question and his reaction is a chuckle, “Yup, he loves her.” Kyuhyun’s heart breaks a little by the statement.

 

“But, only as a sister.” Kyuhyun quickly turned to him, confused.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“That is what I mean. Jongwoon hyung loves Minnie noona, but just that. If you want to ask, it was me who loves her more than just a sister.”

 

“Huh?” Kyuhyun’s getting more confuses.

 

Jongjin sighs, still with a smile, “My hyung only sees Minnie noona as a little sister.” He said more.

 

“What about living together? Aren’t they live together?”

 

“Live together? When? As far as I concern Minnie noona lives with her uncle. She just occasionally comes to our house if Sungjin uncle is off to outstation. That’s all I guess.” With that, all accusations about Sungmin finally cleared but guilt starts consuming Kyuhyun.

 

“Then…”

 

“Kyuhyun!” another voice cuts him off again.

 

They look ahead and saw Eunhyuk come running, looking panicked.

 

“What happened to you?”

 

“Sungmin…” he pants, “Sungmin…she”

 

“What happened to Sungmin?!” Kyuhyun yelled, panic is all written on his face.

 

~~

 

Back to the conversation between Yesung and Ryeowook.

 

“What…what did you just say?”

 

“I never have any feeling for Sungmin.” Yesung stated, “We’re just like a real sibling. And Minnie didn’t betray you, Ryeowook-ssi.” Yesung walked slowly and stopped in front of Ryeowook.

 

“The one I like is you, Kim Ryeowook.” He confessed.

 

Ryeowook tensed. She looked up slowly, tears are still flowing down her cheeks, couldn’t believe what she just heard.

 

“I…” she was about to say something when she sees a glimpse of a group of girls walking.

 

That group is none other than the Seohyun es. Ryeowook marched fast to the group and pushed Seohyun harshly on the floor.

 

“Arghh!!” Seohyun fall hard.

 

“Yah, what the hell!”

 

“You ! Just die!” Ryeowook cursed, started hitting Seohyun.

 

“Yah!! Stop it!” Tiffanny and Jessicca protected her friend and pushed Ryeowook away.

 

Ryeowook fast caught by Yesung that managed to catch up with her just now, before she fall on her .

 

“What the hell is wrong with you, ?!” Seohyun spat angrily.

 

“My problem is you!” Ryeowook fight back, “It was your fault! Minnie didn’t betray me! It was you es who lied to me! Why did you do that?!”

 

“Because I hate her!” Seohyun shouted back, “I just hate her! What’s wrong with that?! That mute girl didn’t deserve this happiness at all. She supposed to stay at home, alone!”

 

“You…”

 

“It was you who stupid enough to believe it!" That remarks stabbed through Ryeowook’s heart.

 

“It was you who didn’t have any trust to your friend at all!” Jessicca’s words break Ryeowook entirely.

 

“Yeah, right! If you really trust in your y friend, then none of this will happen!” Tifanny added more, helping Seohyun to stand up back on her feet.

 

“It was you who started the bullying, not us!” Jessicca defended her group while Ryeowook is already in crying mess.

 

“Enough.” Yesung finally said after a long silence, watching the girls’ fight.

 

“But oppa! She’s…”

 

“I said ENOUGH.” He repeated the order, glared at them fiercely, “I don’t want to hear anything more. Just leave.”

 

And the girls, without more words, hurriedly left the scene. There are only the two of them left now. Ryeowook is still sobbing, and wetting Yesung’s shirt in his arms. Yesung just hugged her tight as the reply.

 

“It…is my fault, oppa…they…they are all right. It’s…” she cried hard.

 

“Shh…it’s okay.” I just hope that uncle Jin is still oblivious about this, Yesung thought to himself.

 

Suddenly, his phone started ringing. He answered it and received shocking news.

 

 “What do you mean Sungmin fainted?!” And with that, Ryeowook’s guilt increase even more.

 

~~

 

Hours before, at the land of sunrise, Japan there was a grand meeting held between the mafia groups that involve the groups from all regions. Sungjin being the leader and the trusted person of all groups was one of them, forcefully attended the meeting and listened to every problem. And together, they tried to solve it. At the same time, he didn’t notice there’s also someone else there, gaping to find out that Sungjin is the fearful leader that the other gang talk about. That person was none other than the next generation leader of ‘Kim’ family, Kim Youngwoon aka Kangin.

 

The meeting was held between almost 30 leaders of the group, so it makes sense for Sungjin to not notice Kangin’s presence. Furthermore, he was only forced to come to the meeting which is actually his first grand meeting. Kangin continues staring at Sungjin far at end of the table who was speaking with full confidence. He looks admirable and tough, just like how a leader should be. It’s like he’s a different Sungjin than what he met the last time.

 

“With this, today’s meeting end, here.” He spoke in English, ended the meeting, and everyone else stand and bowed as the end greeting before started moving to leave the scene.

 

“Sungjin-ssi.” Sungjin turned back when he heard a voice calling for his name and he was surprised to see that familiar face.

 

“You’re…Kangin right?” Sungjin hesitately asked and Kangin nodded with a smile, “Wow, it’s a surprise to see you here.” They shake hand with each other.

 

“Same here.”

 

“But, how…I mean, why are you here? Don’t tell me that you are also…”

 

“Apparently, yes.” Kangin finished his sentence, “I’m from the ‘Kim’ family. My real name is actually Kim Youngwoon.”

 

“Oh, you’re from the Kim’s household?” Kangin nodded.

 

“And, please don’t ask where the name Kangin come from. I’m confused myself with it.” Kangin fast added, fake a difficult expression.

 

Sungjin chuckled it away.

 

“Anyway, I can’t believe it myself too. You, are the next generation leader that was rumored about.” Kangin commented.

 

“Rumors? I just hope that the rumors aren’t all bad things.”

 

“No, not all. Then, what about Sungmin? She’s also related to the group? She must be very influential right?”

 

Sungjin awkwardly smiled, “Well, so much I want to deny about it, yes, Sungmin is one of the important person in our group. But, I didn’t let her involve in the gang so much. I think you can understand reason why, right?”

 

“Clearly understand.” Kangin replied, nodded in agreement.

 

“But still…I want to ask you about something.” Kangin started.

 

“Youngwoon.” A voice cuts his sentence and they saw Youngjin walking towards them.

 

“What are you doing? I thought that you’re following me?” Youngjin said, frowning.

 

“Sorry, dad. I’m just talking with him for a moment.” Kangin pointed to Sungjin.

 

“Ah, Sungjin. Nice meeting you. You did well again today.” Youngjin complimented the younger, patted him soft on the back.

 

“Nice meeting you too, uncle.” Sungjin replied back, smiling.

 

“So, what are you talking about? New news or gossip that I should know?” Youngjin asked, eyes lightened a little.

 

Kangin sighed, “No, dad. We’re not girls to talk about gossips. I just introduced myself to him. Did you know that Sungmin is his niece?”

 

“Sungmin?” Youngjin repeated the name, confused written on his face, “Which Sungmin? Oh, the girl? Your niece?” Sungjin nodded to the question.

 

“Wait. As far as I remember, your niece can speak. But, this new Sungmin that I knew, she is…”

 

“She CAN speak.” Both Kangin and Sungjin said at the same time, strengthen the word ‘can’.

 

Youngjin and even Sungjin were shocked by Kangin’s answer.

 

“You know?” Sungjin asked the latter.

 

“Sorry,” Kangin smiled apologetically, “I heard your quarrelling with Sungmin that night.” He said.

 

“It’s okay. It wasn’t a big deal actually.”

 

“Wait, wait. What are both of you talking about? Which Sungmin is this?” Youngjin asked more, in details.

 

“Dad, in truth, Sungjin’s niece and Sungmin that we know, is the same person.” Kangin explained.

 

“And, the fact that Sungmin didn’t speak is true. She just has her reason to do so.” Sungjin added to the explanation.

 

“Hm…now I get it.” finally, Youngjin understand, nodding his head few times, “Is this about the incident that happened 3 years ago?” Sungjin nodded slowly to the question, and this time, it was Kangin that left to be confused, alone.

 

“What had happen?”

 

Sungjin smiled sadly, “Back then, when she still live here, in Japan, she was bullied by her friends at school. She hides about it from us. We didn’t know until it was almost too late. I change her to other school few times, but the same thing keeps repeating itself.” His face fell, “She said the gang is the reason why she lied, and why she was hated. And by the time we realized, she has stopped talking to everyone except me.” Sungjin explained.

 

“Bully? You mean…the reason she don’t speak is bully?”

 

Sungjin nodded, “Well, one of the reasons actually.” Though she really didn’t speak much ever since she was little, Sungjin told himself.

 

“Oh no…” Kangin muttered the words worriedly.

 

“Why? Is there something wrong?” the leader asked, seeing how Kangin’s face slowly changed.

 

“You…” Kangin gulped before he continues, “Sungmin didn’t tell you the whole story about her problem, right?”

 

Sungjin frowned by the question, “No. she did not. What happened to her that I didn’t know?” he nervously asked.

 

“She…was bully at school. This whole week.”

 

“What?!” he raged immediately, “And she endure it?! Again?!” Kangin nodded, could already expect the reaction from the guy.

 

“Crap, this girl is really…”

 

His phone started ringing suddenly, stopped him from talking. He answered it almost instantly, seeing the number appear on the screen.

 

“Hello, Jongwoon. What is it?” he stopped again and listened to the other side.

 

He sighed, closing his eyes tried to calm himself, “Then, how’s she? That’s good. I’ll be home as soon as possible. Let Kon out and sleep next to her. Okay, bye.” He hung up.

 

“Who is it?”

 

“Sungmin’s friend. Sungmin’s having a high fever.” Sungjin informed and make the two other men worry.

 

“Is she okay, now?”

 

“I hope so. I just knew this will happen if she hides too much stress inside.” He said, “I need to get ready to get back. Nice meeting you again.” They just nodded when he excused himself and when he was just about to walk away, someone once again stopped him.

 

“What fever? Who’s having a fever, Sungjin?” Sungjin groaned silently hearing the voice that he knew so much.

 

Kangin and Youngjin looked when there’s a man walking towards them.

 

“What had happened in Korea? Did something happen to Sungmin?” the man ignored the other people and just questioned Sungjin straight to the point.

 

Sungjin sighed, “Look, Sungmin is…”

 

“Is she being bully again?” the man cuts him, asking with more force.

 

“If...yes?” Sungjin hesitately answered.

 

“You made a promise with us!” the man yelled out angrily suddenly and left the spectators there agape watching them.

 

“I am true with it!” Sungjin yelled back.

 

“Liar! Sungmin only talks to you! You should know!”

 

“But I don’t! She didn’t tell me, okay?!”

 

They both started the war of words, fuming with fire exactly just like how a dog and a cat would do every time they met.

 

“Dad, who’s this guy?” Kangin whispered the question to his father.

 

“Him?” the son nodded, “He is Sungjin’s left hand.”

 

“What?”

 

“I’ll kill you!” they shouted at each other, but just before their fist touch each other’s face, a file landed hard on their head.

 

Everyone there was just too stunned by the loud ‘bam’ that they didn’t even manage to blink watching it.

 

“Yah!! It hurts!!” they groaned in pain angrily, turning their head to the new guy.

 

“Serve you right. Who told you to put such a shameful act on Lee’s family name.” the man said calmly, makes the others head boiled even more.

 

“What about that guy, dad?” Kangin whispered another question again, referring to the new man that showed up.

 

“And, that is, his right hand.” Youngjin said, giving Kangin even more questions without any better answer as they all just continue watching the quarrel of the rumored next generation leader.

 

“I hate you!” the quarrelling continued.

 

 

TBC

 

 

I’m so sorry for the previous fake notify about the update, I accidently posted without even fully paste the story. hehehe..forgive me,neh? (シ_ _)シ

But anyway, here’s an update!! I hope there’s people still reading this! Hehehe and also…thank you so much for the new subscribers! Thank you! It make me really happy!! 〜(^∇^〜)

Still, i know maybe some will be disappointed due to the lack of kyumin interaction though this is kyumin story..i’m planning to make their moment on the next chapter. Please wait for it…just hope that it will not be too lame. hehehe thank you in advance for reading!!!