New friend

Voice

 

‘So, you know sign language?’ Sungmin asked, relieved that there’s finally someone who could understand her without a paper.

 

“Literally yeah. I love to learn it actually and my late grandma was mute so…yeah, I know sign language.” Ryeowook, the second friend that Sungmin made at the school, explained shyly.

 

Sungmin smile again, well that was the only gesture she could do anyway.

 

“Ah yes, have you join any club?” Sungmin shook her head, “Great! Then you can join my club!” Ryeowook exclaimed happily.

 

‘What club?’

 

“You’ll see, let’s go!” she hold Sungmin’s hand and dragged the girl to her destination.

 

Minutes after running and dragging, they arrived at one room. There was a black grand piano next to the window, and a few chairs in the room.

 

“Do you know how to play any instrument?” Ryeowook immediately asked and pushed Sungmin to sit on one chair.

 

Sungmin hesitantly nodded with the question, “Really? What?” Ryeowook continue asking and Sungmin answered by pointing at the piano, “Wow! That is so great!” Ryeowook praised, “Play for me?” she added.

 

‘No. no. I can’t. At least not now. You still hasn’t explain me anything about this club yet and I didn’t even agreed to join the club yet.’ Sungmin fast to explain using her sign language and Ryeowook pouted after the explanation.

 

“You’re right on that part. Well, let me introduce myself. I’m Kim Ryeowook, though you already know the name. I am a member of Music club and here it is.” She opened up her arms to shows the room which is obviously…empty.

 

Sungmin stared at her silently, confuse on what kind of reaction to give after the introduction. Noticing the change of expression of Sungmin, Ryeowook cheerful mood slumped down. She sighed heavily as she sat on the piano chair.

 

Ting

She played a note of the piano with her head on the piano board, feeling totally depressed.

 

“I know. You must felt really weird because there’s no one except us in this room.” She said sadly, “There’s no one want to join the club actually. They prefer the dance club rather than the music club. They said music club only for loser, weak people…like me…” her last sentence was somehow inaudible but clearly heard by Sungmin.

 

Sungmin was surprised of course to know story.

 

There are actually people who judge people like that. She told herself.

 

She felt sorry for Ryeowook even though they have just met even less than one hour. Slowly she got up from her seat and sat beside Ryewook on the piano bench.

 

‘I’ll play a song for you.’ She gestured, explaining to her shocked friend.

 

Slowly, and skillfully she started played the piano. Every move that she made was beautiful and Ryeowook could just stare at her in awed. Without a music sheet, Sungmin easily played a song, something are not everyone could do. After the song ended, she turned next to her to find Ryeowook was staring at her deep. She waved in front of her but the girl was still gaped. Sungmin patted her shoulder and suddenly she was pulled into a tight hug.

 

“Kyahhhh!! You’re amazing!” she screamed happily and Sungmin was totally dumbfounded by the reaction.

 

“It’s so beautiful! Is that your own original song?! You have to write it for me! I want it!” Ryeowook said excitedly didn’t give Sungmin any chance to react to her.

 

Sungmin just smile, happy that she was able to comfort her new friend.

 

“Ah, you’re going to join the club with me right?” Ryeowook asked, eyes pleading like a cute little kitten and Sungmin just couldn’t say ‘no’ to that cuteness, she nodded agreed.

 

“Yatta!!” Ryeowook cheered and continue hugging the latter happily.

 

It was the most memorable time for Sungmin of course. She received two friends on the same day and they accept her just the way she is, even though she didn’t even utter a single word. Furthermore, Ryeowook’s claim that she was a genius to be able to play the piano without a music sheet made her blushed furiously. After the club activity was over, well, Ryeowook done the talking while Sungmin just listen to every story, it is time to go home.

 

“We’ll see each other at school tomorrow.”

 

‘Okay. I…’

 

“Sungmin!” Sungmin was about to say something to Ryeowook when someone called her from behind

 

When they turned, Yesung was walking towards them. Sungmin was smiling happily that she didn’t realize the nervousness of her new friend.

 

“Sorry I’m late. Did you wait long?” Yesung asked, Sungmin shook her head, telling ‘it’s okay’.

 

“Hm? She’s…” Yesung pointed at Ryeowook whom immediately stiffened, “Sungminie, I’ll see you tomorrow!” she ran away from there before anyone has any chance to say anything.

 

“Your friend?” Sungmin nodded slowly to the question, still puzzled with Ryeowook’s reaction but they smile to each other nonetheless, “Let’s go home?” and they walked together leaving the school.

 

Yesung has been her friend for as long as she could remember because their parents are best friends. When Sungmin’s parents died, his mother has suggested for her to stay with them but Sungmin’s condition at that time didn’t allow her to stay with anyone else. Furthermore, she still has her grandparents, so she lived with them in Japan. Even though they were separate for a million miles, Yesung’s family still contacted with her. What’s more, they also regularly went for a visit to Japan. Sungmin could feel at ease when she was with Yesung but she still didn’t talk to him. Yesung himself understands the problem that she had to go through and it doesn’t matter whether Sungmin talk or not because they both understand each other feelings so much.

 

“Umma wants you to come to our house today. She insisted on celebrate for your coming home to Korea. She made your favourite soup.”

 

‘Pumpkin soup?!’ Sungmin’s eyes brightened with that news.

 

“Yes dear, pumpkin soup.” Yesung patted her head softly, could actually understand what Sungmin’s feeling was.

 

Their journey to Yesung’s house was silent but they comfortable with the situation and nothing could change it. When they arrived, Sungmin was welcome by a big hug from Yesung’s mother. She was extremely happy that Sungmin has finally come back. She loved Sungmin even more than her own children but no one has any objection to it. The reason may be because she only had sons, so Sungmin’s arrival into her family make her family to be more complete. Later that day, Sungjin also came to join them for a dinner.

 

“Thank you for inviting us for dinner, auntie.” Sungjin thanked Mrs. Kim after the dinner was over.

 

“It’s okay, Jin. I am glad that you finally decide to come back. She seems very happy and both of you are always welcome in the family.” She answered back and Sungjin just smile by the treatment.

 

They both put their eyes on the happy kids that were chatting at the balcony. Yesung and her brother, both could perfectly understand sign language, so it makes them easier to communicate with Sungmin. Sungmin was smiling and that was the most important thing for the elders.

 

“Have you paid a visit to the grave?” Mrs Kim broke the silent between them.

 

Sungjin didn’t immediately answer instead, “We did. But after that, Sungmin didn’t speak to me for the whole day that day and I somehow understand the way she behaves. It has been too long…” he trailed off, “I was grateful that she was able to smile again.” And Mrs Kim nodded, silently agreed with the statement.

 

When there were only Sungmin and her uncle, she finally speaks up and she started to tell him about her new friends at school. She even told him about the club that she joined.

 

“There’s nothing at the room except a piano though. Do you think I should contribute something for the club, Jin-chan?” She asked her uncle his opinion.

 

“Well, it’s up to you.”

 

“Do you think she’ll laugh if I bring my pink guitar?” she worriedly questioned and she gets a laugh from Sungjin as the answer, “Jin-chan!” she pouted angrily, hands crossed on her chest.

 

“Hahaha…sorry…you’re really funny, Ming. Your pink guitar is already attracting attention by the time you first bought it, so why must you feel bothered about other people now.” Sungmin pouted even more by the teasing from Sungjin because he did have a point there.

 

“Just relax, and think about it carefully. I’m just glad that you had made friends.” He said, ruffling Sungmin’s hair and Sungmin giggles with the action.

 

They arrived home, and Sungmin immediately went to her pet to tell him her story for the day. She humming a song along the preparation for food for Kon and she looked really happy. Watching the growing smile on his niece, Sungjin was far than grateful. He stared at the picture of his brother and sister in law that was on the table.

 

“She’s fine now, brother. I’m here.” He said, fully determined.

 

 

 

~~congratulations to anyone who has guess correctly! so, this is the next update!! and yup, it is Ryeowook and they will become best friend from now on...i'm sleepy now, so, anyone whom has been commenting, thanks you so much! 'i'll reply your comment tomorrow!' good night beautiful people!! (>__<)