Thank you, friends

Voice

 

Sungmin went back to her class after the school was over to take her bag. She was accompanied by Kangin till she reached her class.

 

“Let’s meet again tomorrow, my Minnie.” Kangin patted the girl and ruffled her hair a bit.

 

Sungmin giggled and laughed by the action. Somehow, she felt so comfortable and familiar with Kangin. They both said goodbye and left to separate ways.

 

“Sungmin!!” Donghae and Ryeowook sudden outburst totally shocked out of her.

 

“What is that?!” they both pointed to where Kangin was just now, “Since when did you know Kangin-oppa?! Why are you with him? And what happened to your face?!” they continue booming her with questions didn’t give any chance for Sungmin to cut in.

 

Sungmin continue blinking her eyes, still didn’t recover from the shock as her two friends stop asking and took a deep breath. They both stared at Sungmin intensely, waiting for an answer.

 

‘I…’

 

“Wait! Ryeowook, translate!” Donghae demanded even before Sungmin managed to gesture anything.

 

“Okay!” Ryeowook nodded enthusiastically.

 

Sungmin sighed and she started explaining with Ryeowook as the translator.

 

“I’m okay, don’t worry. I just meet with Kangin-oppa today. He helped me. About the injury…what?!” Ryewook raged.

 

“What? What did she say? Tell me!” Donghae immediately asked, anxious with Ryeowook sudden reaction.

 

“Hae! Minnie was…ahhh…Minnie…” Sungmin cuts Ryeowook by dragging her best friends to the class and also to calm them down.

 

Those two didn’t have any chance but to just follow. They sat in the classroom and Sungmin was once again explained of what has happened to her. At first, she was hesitated whether to tell the name of her bullies or not but Donghae and Ryeowook forced her to say it. Donghae and Ryeowook enraged when they heard Seohyun name. They planned to take revenge but were stopped by Sungmin. She just didn’t want to make the problem worse.

 

Soon after that, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk arrived. They also demanded an explanation upon seeing the band-aid on Sungmin’s lips. Kyuhyun was angry both at the bullies and also to himself because it was all because of him that Sungmin was hurt.

 

“Minnie said to do not do anything. She refused to seek revenge.” Ryeowook whined, unsatisfied with it.

 

“Why Ming? We could…”

 

‘NO!!’ Sungmin shake her head frantically and quickly write something on the paper.

 

‘If you do something or tell anyone about this, I’ll be really angry. And I’ll never forgive you ever again.’ She warned, showing her most fierce face (but still look so cute in Kyuhyun’s eyes).

 

“Sungmin!” Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Ryeowook call out, rebutted the warning but Sungmin still insisted.

 

All of them have a fierce eye-battle with each other before they finally sighed in defeated.

 

“Fine.” Kyuhyun break the tense first, “But, if this thing happens again, I and the others will not stay silent.” They all nodded in unison.

 

Sungmin smiled in relieved.

 

“But, are you sure you’re okay? Does it hurt?” Kyuhyun pointed to her lips.

 

She smiled again, ‘I’m okay. It’s just a small injury.’ She gestured.

 

All the four friends looked at her worriedly.

 

‘Let’s eat, now. I’m hungry.’ She writes on the paper, showing her best aegyo while patting her grumbling stomach soft.

 

They continue staring at Sungmin for a few more moments before they started to move. All of them walked together to have meet with Yesung whom was waiting at the gate. Yesung eyes widen in horror upon seeing her dongsaeng’s injury.

 

“What has happened?!” he asked.

 

Here we go again.

 

Sungmin sighed. She then realizes she has more than one explanation to do later. But inside, she was grateful that everybody really does care about her. When she arrived home, she was again being asked the same question just as she expected. She was warned to be careful and was ordered to sleep early that night.

 

~~

 

“Kon…” Sungmin called, petting her pet soft, “Today, I realize how lucky I was. Kyukyu was really worry about me and of course so is the others. ” she told her pet her side of story for the day.

 

“And yes! There’s a really good guy that help me today. His name is Kangin. That’s what he introduced to me. But…Teukie-saeng called him Youngwoon. I don’t understand why though…oh well, either one is doesn’t matter. He has helped me, that’s the point.” Her pet nudged his head on her, almost likely understands what she talked about.

 

“Hehe…you’re so funny Kon.” She pets the ferret and it purred to the sensation.

 

“Still…” she added, “I hope there will be a day I will be able to speak to the others. I want to call Kyu’s name. Idiot me, right?” she smiled sadly.

 

Her little pet, kiss her softly on the cheek, comforted her.

 

You will, one day. Kon wished that he would be able to tell her owner that.

 

Soon after that, she drifted to the dream land accompanied by her pet.

 

~~

 

The next morning when she went to school, she realized there’s something different about her environment. Along her way to her class, she almost could hear people staring and whispering behind her back. But, she just ignored it and just went to class. To her surprise, there’s someone waiting for her by the door.

 

Kangin oppa! She dashed to the man upon seeing the figure closely.

 

“Ah, Minnie! Good morning!” Kangin greeted her first.

 

Good morning! Though she only said it in her heart, Kangin has already understands it by the smile that he got.

 

“It seems that you have totally recovered from yesterday shock.” He claimed and Sungmin nodded, still smiling.

 

Then, she remembers something. She quickly took a notebook inside her bag and started scribing some question to Kangin. ‘What are you doing here, in the early morning, oppa?’ she asked.

 

“Oh, that. I actually have something for you.” He rummaged his jacket pocket and took out a small whistle, tied by a silver necklace, and he handed it to Sungmin, “Here, this is for you.”

 

Sungmin blinked her eyes twice. Confusion was written all over her face.

 

“I know, it’s weird for me to suddenly came and give this to you. But, I have good intention.” He started, “I want you to have it.”

 

 

 

~~for anyone who still reads it!! thank you in advance!!~~