First step

Voice

 

Months passed really quickly and no one really realize it, Sungmin has totally adjusted herself to the school and yet, Donghae’s cousin is still remains a mystery to her. She often avoided Kyuhyun whenever they have the chance to meet and Donghae herself didn’t introduce them. A part of her telling it’s better for them to encounter themselves naturally, furthermore, she doesn’t want to hurt her new friend knowing that Sungmin does has a past with Kyuhyun.

 

To make things more complicated, Kyuhyun, the said person which was supposed to be the only male member of the music club hasn’t even show up whereas Sungmin was always there with Ryeowook. She has been spending more time with Ryeowook and Donghae during the day and when the night time, she spend another hours online with Yesung.

 

Turtle@ye: I’m glad dat u hve friends now.

 

Min<3bunny: Me 2 (>_<) kehkeh…

 

Sungmin typed fast, grinning with the comment.

 

Turtle@ye:  I met with ur friend today.

 

Min<3bunny: Who???

 

Turtle@ye: Well…the girl that I saw at the gate b4…

 

Min<3bunny: Wookie?

 

Turtle@ye: So, her name is Wookie…cute name :P

 

Min<3bunny: Her name is Ryeowook, Yeye-oppa, but her nickname is Wookie. Did u talk?

 

Turtle@ye: Talk? She ran away even b4 I greeted her.

 

Min<3bunny: Chincha???

 

Turtle@ye: She seems so scared of me…am I that scary?

 

Min<3bunny: Nah…u’re not a bit scary…may be she just shy

 

Turtle@ye: Shy? Then why she ran away from me whenever we accidently met?

 

Min<3bunny: I don’t know… she may be has her own reason right?

 

Turtle@ye: Yeah right, like the reason why u avoided ur Kyukyu?

 

Min<3bunny: OPPA!!!

 

Turtle@ye: Oh ming, I understand u so much. U’ll never hate some1 wthout a reason…

 

Min<3bunny: I never say I hate kyukyu…(T_T)

 

Turtle@ye: Then??? Till when u wants to be like this?

 

Min<3bunny: Hmmmmmmmm……

 

Turtle@ye: Zutto?? Or ishonni?? Chose…

 

Min<3bunny: Both are the same oppa… (>…<)

 

Turtle@ye: Well, it’s ur choice…

 

Min<3bunny: Hmph!!  (´Д`)

 

Turtle@ye: Fine, fine, I’m not going to say anything…have a rest 4 2nite, we’ll meet 2morrow..arrasso?

 

Min<3bunny: Arrasso…nite2 oppa…

 

Sungmin signed off from the chatting box and close her laptop. She sighed, staring into space while thinking about what Yesung just told her.

 

Did I really hate Kyukyu?

 

She asked herself to receive no answer from anyone as she was all alone. She looked at the night sky, stars were twinkling and moon was shining brightly, memories of her childhood started to flash in. A lot has happened since that time, and she knew there’s nothing she could do to change it. Feeling the cold breeze started getting colder, Sungmin decided to just turn off the day. She slept tight with blanket, smiling and hoping for the new day to be even better than today.

 

~~

 

“Sungminnie, can I ask you something?” Ryeowook requested in one fine afternoon, and Sungmin turned to her to hear the question.

 

Ryeowook fidgeted timidly while playing with the hem of her skirt, feeling shy suddenly, “I…I…actually want to know…your relationship with Yesung-oppa.” She asked, head down to the floor.

 

Sungmin chuckle a little to see the action of her friend, slowly she wrote her answer on a piece of paper, and showed it to her, ‘Yesung-oppa is my childhood friend. Don’t worry, I only love him like a brother.’

 

“Really?!” her face brightened immediately, “You really meant it right?! Ah!” Sungmin’s teasing smile took her to the reality and made her blushed furiously, “I…I didn’t mean it that way!” she denied.

 

But, it make Sungmin grinned even more, “Sungminnie!” Ryeowook tried her best to hide her embarrassment but it obviously failed.

 

‘Why don’t you confess?’ Sungmin asked and it made Ryeowook’s face even redder than a tomato.

 

“Con…confess?! Sungmin! I’ll never do something like that!” Ryeowook still insisted on accepting the fact that she has fallen in love with Yesung.

 

Sungmin giggled with her reaction, totally having fun in teasing her best friend.

 

‘But Wookie, Yesung oppa did told me that he met you yesterday.’

 

“Eh? He talked about me?”

 

‘He said you ran away from him’ Sungmin added, with a smirk on her face.

 

Ryeowook blushed even more after Sungmin told her and she has nowhere else to hide except by the back of her own hands, “He must think that I’m weird right? Oh no…where should I put my face now?”

 

Smiling, Sungmin patted her on the head and instantly started ruffling her hair, “Minnie!” Ryeowook called, a little bit annoyed to be treated like a kid like that but they laughed at each other after that.

 

“Still, Minnie, you must never ever tell anyone about this okay? Pinky promise?” they made a promise.

 

They spent time with each other together that afternoon playing the piano and composing song. That is how they usually spent their time together.  When the day was over the separated and both went home. Surprisingly, there’s someone waiting for Sungmin at the front gate.

 

“Hey.” He casually greeted.

 

Kyu.

 

Sungmin’s eyes widen to see Kyuhyun was actually standing in front of her after such a long time.

 

“I know. You don’t want to talk to me. But, Yesung-hyung has told me to accompany you home today. He has some work to do.” Kyuhyun explained, refuse to have any eye contact with Sungmin.

 

They suddenly fall into an awkward silence.

 

Kyuhyun let go a sigh, “Let’s go. It’s getting late.” Kyuhyun said, started walking and followed by Sungmin right behind him.

 

They walked a few miles with no words exchange between them. It seems that none of them has the courage to speak. They reach the bus station minutes later. While waiting for the bus to come, Kyuhyun finally decided to speak after all.

 

“You have change.” That one sentence stabbed through Sungmin’s heart but she remained silent.

 

Just before Kyuhyun managed to say anything, the bus came and they rode the bus together with no more words. But they didn’t know, there’s someone watching them from far in anger.

 

~~

 

There’s still half an hour till we reach Sungmin’s house. What should I do?

 

Kyuhyun said to himself while sometimes takes a peak at Sungmin whom was sitting next to him.

 

She has become so beautiful. Her long hair, her foxy eyes, and that tempting lips. I so want kiss them!

 

He screamed inside his head, frustrated overwhelmed him. While he was fighting with himself, he felt someone tucking his sleeves which turn out to be Sungmin holding a piece of paper.

 

‘Thank you for accompany me.’ A smile formed on Sungmin’s lips and he couldn’t help feeling happy with it.

 

“Well…I was order to.” Stupid! That’s not my answer!

 

‘Sorry…(T_T)’

 

“Sorry? Why?”

 

Sungmin scribe an answer on the paper, ‘Sorry that I took your time.’

 

“Nah, it’s okay. I wasn’t that busy anyway.” And I can spend more time with you like this. He kept the remaining answer, still keeping his cool composure.

 

“Minnie…” Kyuhyun called, and Sungmin tensed by the sudden call of her nickname by him since a long time ago.

 

“Wanna hear a song?” he handed one of the earphone pieces to Sungmin.

 

Sungmin whom was surprised by the invitation took time before she finally smile and took the earphone from Kyuhyun’s hand. They hear a song that was chosen by Kyuhyun and somehow the song really calms both of them. No words are indeed needed for them to actually communicate with each other. Half of the song, Kyuhyun hummed the song through the end.

 

Kyukyu has a really sweet voice. Sungmin complimented inside her heart, enjoying the sweet voice from the person she love even though she still didn’t want to admit it to anyone.

 

Soon after that, they finally reached their destination. Kyuhyun walked Sungmin until they reach in front of the house.

 

“See you tomorrow, Minnie.” Kyuhyun said and was about to walk away from her house, when he felt the hem of his shirt was pulled by none other person than Sungmin.

 

He turned to Sungmin, ‘Thank you’ and Sungmin gestured her gratitude.

 

Kyuhyun somehow understand the gesture, “You’re welcome, Min. I’ll see you again tomorrow.” He then, walked away with a smile.

 

Sungmin kept on watching Kyuhyun’s figure walking down the road until his sight is no longer seen. Slowly, her lips formed a smile. Maybe it is time to start anew. She thought to herself and walked inside the house to be welcome with her pet.

 

“So, did it turn out well?” Yesung asked, on the phone with Kyuhyun.

 

“Somehow, yes. She has accepted me. She still refused to talk though.” Kyuhyun replied.

 

“That’s good enough. At least she didn’t completely ignore you like usual.”

 

“Thank you, hyung. I really appreciated your help. She smiles to me today.”

 

Yesung smiled on the other side of the line, happy for his dongsaeng. They both talked for a few minutes more before hung up and went to sleep. Kyuhyun was smiling in his sleep, hoping that his happiness will last longer and yet, he didn’t know on the other side, Sungmin was also hoping the same thing.

 

 

 

 

~~i'm at work now..but because there's not much for work to do..and i'm extremely sleepy now, so i posted this..help me take this drowsiness away!!! and thank you so much for anyone who still read and subscribe this fic! ~~ i'm so happy! (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 *dancing*