Start of school festival

Voice

CHAPTER 31

 

The school getting busy day by day after Yesung, as the school president announced the date of the upcoming festival within two weeks time. Every student feels excited as that day is the day to celebrate and enjoyable for them. It is mainly because they can fun and have a break from study the least.

 

“Haehae said the dance club is going to perform some couple dance competition. What do you think we should do, Wookie?”

 

“Ah, we? Errr…” Ryeowook looked elsewhere, avoiding Sungmin’s eyes and the question too.

 

“Wookie? What’s wrong?” Sungmin questioned confusingly.

 

“Sungminie actually…”

 

“Mingming!”

 

A voice interrupted before Ryeowook managed to say anything. When they turned behind, they see Amber running excitedly towards them.

 

“A…”

 

“Where are you going? Why are you here on the first year level? Meeting someone? Me?” she boomed them with questions in high-spirit, as usual.

 

Ryeowook and Sungmin laughed together by her passion.

 

“We’re from the teacher’s lounge.” Ryeowook replied, “And we were there to send our class’s report.”

 

“Ooo…not to see me?” She fakes a sulk.

 

That reaction makes Sungmin and Ryeowook laughed even more, “Yes, we came to see you too, A. If that is what you want.” Sungmin comforted her.

 

A grin immediately appeared on Amber’s lips by the comforting word, “I know you love me.” she said.

 

“So, how’s the school festival preparation? Is the music club doing something?” the younger asked.

 

“We’re still discussing, right Wookie?”

 

“Ah…ah yes. We are.”

 

“Really? Is there going to be some sort of special performance?” Amber asked for more explanation, still excited.

 

Ryeowook averted her eyes away, “Well…actually I’m…” she shuttered, didn’t actually know what to give them as an answer.

 

She has a reason actually. And that reason is something that she hid from Sungmin and also Amber since they are still new in that school. Sungmin and Amber waited eagerly for her to reply.

 

“Ryeowook, Sungmin.” another voice came interrupting her again.

 

“Onew-saeng.” Sungmin called, as the teacher started to move closer to them.

 

Out of reflex, Ryeowook sighed in relief by the interruption.

 

 “Where are you coming from? The teacher’s lounge?” the girls nodded in sync, “Oh, I thought you’re coming to see me.”

 

“For what, Saeng? Did you have anything for us?”

 

“Well…not really. Ah, before I forget,” Onew takes out a piece of paper from his file, “Here.” And he hands it directly to Ryeowook, confusing them on the process.

 

“What…is this?” Ryeowook asked, hesitantly.

 

“Participant form.” Sungmin and Amber stared in puzzled with the exception of Ryeowook whom right away tensed by the information.

 

“For what?”

 

“For the last performance on the school festival of course.”

 

Sungmin and Amber instantly awed by the information. They knew about the special last performance from Yesung. According to him, that performance is very special which only few students got selected to do some performance. It is something great and even greater since it’s their friend who got the form.

 

“You’re going to perform, Wookie?”

 

“Err…”

 

“That’s awesome, unnie!” Amber praised.

 

“Really?” Ryeowook still look hesitant.

 

“Ryeowook is a great singer, you know.” Onew added.

 

“Saeng!” Ryeowook denied, fast.

 

“What? It is the truth.” Ryeoowook pouted, “I will not accept a ‘no’ from you, Ryeowook-ssi.” Onew warns as he takes Ryeowook’s hand and put the paper on her hand even with much protest from the other.

 

Ryeowook whine and frowning hard at the teacher, obviously didn’t like the special treatment from the man.

 

“Saeng…can I just be a backup this year…” she complained.

 

Onew shakes his head, “No. Just agree with me and send the application form tomorrow.”

 

“But…”

 

“Everything going to be fine.” The teacher assured, patting her head gently.

 

Ryeowook’s gaze lowered. Onew smiles thinly by the reaction. He guessed it somehow.

 

“And you, Amber Josephine Liu,” he turned aside his attention to Amber instead, “Come with me back to class, now.” He ordered, making a serious face out of sudden.

 

“Ehhh…”

 

“No ‘Ehhh’. Hurry up.” He walked in front, and gave a signal demanding for Amber to follow him.

 

Amber groaned, “Fine!” she huffed, stomping her feet in protest, “Bye bye, Mingming and Wookie unnie.”

 

She waved them goodbye and leaves while following Onew back to her class. Ryeowook let go a sigh tiredly.

 

“Let’s get going too, Minnie.” Ryeowook told her friend.

 

Sungmin nodded and they walked side by side to class. It became unexpectedly silence after that. Ryeowook looked so sad and stressed looking at the form given by Onew just now. That behavior of course didn’t go unnoticed by Sungmin. She feels weird by Ryeowook’s sudden sadness and wanting to ask for the reason why but then she decided that it can wait. She didn’t want her best friend to get more stressful. The right time will come and she’s sure that Ryeowook will tell her the reason behind it.

 

~~

 

The preparation for the school festival started in no time. Every club was very busy to prepare something to attract new students to join them but with the exception of music club. Ryeowook being the president didn’t actually want to recruit any new members into the club. She reasoned that she’s a bit shy to ask for new people to join them.

 

“But, you ask me to join on the first time we met, Wookie.” Sungmin stated, a bit confuse by the reason given.

 

“Well…you’re special. I fell in love with you the first time I met you, so can blame me if I force you to join. Furthermore, you volunteer remember?” Ryeowook retorted, pouting a bit.

 

Sungmin laughs softly by the remark.

 

“You’re funny, Wook. What’s the reason of forcing me join this stupid club then?” Kyuhyun asked, narrowing his eyes to her on purpose.

 

Ryeowook huffed.

 

“Because it was the rule. Two people are needed to form a club. And, your cousin who is my best friend gladly offered you for me so that you could help me. But, you being the snobbish and grumpy ahjussi…”

 

“Yah!”

 

“Didn’t even ONCE come to the club meeting!” Ryeowook finished her sentence, raising her voice to Kyuhyun.

 

“What? Aren’t you supposed to be grateful? I’m helping you.”

 

“Helping? Hmph! Not at all!”

 

They groaned and glared at each other unsatisfyingly. Sungmin being the third wheel there only laugh at their cute quarrel.

 

“Minnie, look at this brat! He’s teasing me!” Ryeowook complained, hugging Sungmin tight to hide from Kyuhyun’s stare.

 

“Hey, hey you’re the one making me angry.” Kyuhyun retorted.

 

Ryeowook stuck her tongue to Kyuhyun. It is another peaceful day at the music club meeting which only consist of three members. There are actually reasons to why the club only consists of three people. Sungmin didn’t know about it at first. Not until someone actually glad to be the one to tell her the story behind it.

 

Flashback

 

“Did she send the form?” Donghae asked Sungmin.

 

Sungmin shakes her head sadly, “She said it’s worthless.”

 

Donghae sighed.

 

“What’s wrong, Haehae? Is there something I didn’t know about?” Sungmin asked worriedly.

 

Donghae smiled.

 

“The truth is Sungmin, Ryeowook’s story is not any much different than you are.” She started.

 

Sungmin adjusted her seat and pay attention carefully to the story.

 

“Just like you, she has also once become the victim for bullying in this school.”

 

Sungmin was shocked by the revelation.

 

Donghae continued with her story, “Wookie has always loves music even way back then. So, as soon as she enrolled in this school, she joined the music club to show her enthusiasms. The first time when the members heard her singing, everyone was enticed by her. Even the teachers agreed that she is the best singer that they ever got in school. And yet, some students were envied of her skill. You still remember Seohyun and the gang right?”

 

Sungmin nodded. Of course she remembered them. Those girls were the reason why she was bullied before.

 

“She is the ruler of music club.” Donghae informed, shocked Sungmin of course.

 

“Ruler?”

 

“Seohyun has a group called TaeTiSeo, consist of her, Taeyon and Tiffany. All the three of them are the star of music club and also very famous in school. But, when Wookie joined them, their star doesn’t shine so much anymore. They feel threatened I think. So, with the authority they had, they make Wookie as a victim and bully her. The pressure was too much on Wookie. It makes me sad to remember again.”

 

“I…didn’t know about that at all.”

 

“Wookie didn’t want to make you worry, Minnie. Furthermore, she’s really strong. That’s the reason why she decided to build another music club. It’s difficult at first, but, the other teachers and I supported her, so, she managed to build one.” Donghae exclaimed proudly.

 

Sungmin smiles at her.

 

“That’s also the reason why Kyuhyun is forced to join the club, right?” Sungmin joked.

 

Donghae laughed, “Yes. You can say that. But I know Kyuhyun is sincere in doing so. He’s our best friend after all?”

 

Sungmin nodded, totally agreed with Donghae’s statement.

 

Flashback end.

 

“So, you’re not going to enter?” Kyuhyun’s question wakes Sungmin from her flashback.

 

Ryeowook’s face fell. Sungmin noticed it. She and Kyuhyun exchanged a silent signal.

 

Help her please, Kyukyu. Sungmin pleaded with her eyes.

 

Kyuhyun sighed.

 

“Yah. Give me your form.” Kyuhyun demanded from Ryeowook.

 

“What? What are you going to do with it?” She asked though her hand automatically hands in the form to Kyuhyun.

 

“I’m participating together with you.” Kyuhyun lazily answered, while writing his name together with Ryeowook on the paper.

 

“Seriously?!” Ryeowook beamed.

 

“Of course I’m serious. Since when did I ever make a joke about this?”

 

Ryeowook smiles brightly.

 

“I am the gorgeous and talented Kyuhyun. I’m not that heartless to just watching you alone embarrassing yourself on stage like that.” he mocked.

 

“We know!” Sungmin and Ryeowook replied in sync, really happy by Kyuhyun’s kindness, didn’t care the teasing gave.

 

“Let me help you to choose a song, Wookie.” Sungmin volunteered.

 

“Em!”

 

Kyuhyun smiles inwardly. Seeing the way Sungmin and Ryeowook smiling happily, his decision of singing in front of other people isn’t so bad after all. And actually, he has some other plan in mind. For the mean time, he kept it as a secret until the performance come.

 

Meanwhile, at one time, away from their club room, there’s a boy who has just arrived at the school. The boy looked up straight to the school and let out a sigh.

 

“I’m here.” He announced, whispering to himself.

 

 

TBC

 

 

~~ feels like posting hehehe ^^. Also, thank you for anyone out there who still read my story..^\\\^ ~~