Attacks

Voice

CHAPTER 46

 

It happened in a very short of time. The moment Kyuhyun arrived at Sungmin’s house, what’s happening in front of him is beyond expectation. His box of chocolate dropped onto the floor as he dashed forward protecting Sungmin.

 

Zup!

 

Sungmin went numb. The sharp knife stabbed someone, but not her. It’s Kyuhyun. The boy groaned in pain. With all his remaining strength, he kicks the attacker and both of them fall on the floor.

 

“Kyukyu!!!” screamed Sungmin desperately after she catches Kyuhyun into her arms.

 

“Urgh…”

 

“Kyukyu! No…” tears automatically flows from Sungmin’s eyes.

 

Her hands tremble touching the wound on Kyuhyun. Both her and Kyuhyun’s hand covered the wound, keeping the blood from strolling out.

 

“Sung…Sungmin…” called Kyuhyun but it makes Sungmin cried harder.

 

“I’m sorry…Kyukyu…I’m sorry….” She apologized, hugging Kyuhyun tight in his arms.

 

The ‘evil men’ laughed again. It rings eerie inside Sungmin’s head that it hurts her. They seem to have so much fun seeing the tears and fear on Sungmin’s face.

 

HELP ME! Please! Sungmin cried inside.

 

Out of sudden, a loud siren sound was heard.

 

Alarmed by the sounds, the three men panicked, “! Let’s go!” those three men cursed and immediately flew away from Sungmin’s house, leaving the scene just like that.

 

“Sungmin! Kyuhyun!” Onew suddenly appeared by the door, panting like crazy.

 

“Sa…saeng…”

 

Onew ran approaching the two youngsters. He examined Kyuhyun’s injury and quickly holds the boy onto his back. 

 

“Let’s take Kyuhyun to the hospital.” He said.

 

Sungmin helps Onew and quickly followed him to the hospital. Kyuhyun was taken into ER immediately as they reached the hospital. Luckily his wound wasn’t that deep but because of losing too much blood, he was suggested to be ward. Onew called his parents and Sungmin’s guardians informing about the matter.

 

It passed half an hour now. Sungmin is sitting on the bench outside of Kyuhyun’s room, staring at the blood on her hands. She cried again.

 

Flashback

 

“Give us the key, kid.”

 

“Wh…what are you talking about?”

 

“Don’t act so naïve, Lee Sungmin. We know you hold the key to everything that we want. Your father…Lee Sungkyu has no one else to give but you.”

 

“But, I don’t know!” Sungmin retorted angrily, “Stop asking me and get out from my house.” She screamed, unconsciously tightened her hold on the broom stick.

 

Three men sudden appearance at her house obviously scares her. She can guess a bit that they must be related to her family’s Yakuza side. The look on their face showed it all. But, she really didn’t understand the key that they have been saying about. The suspicious men looked at each other.

 

“You give us no choice.”

 

Flashback end

 

Sungmin closed her eyes tight. She shivered every time she remembered what happened.

 

“Sungmin!” shaken by the call, Sungmin immediately hides behind Dongwoo.

 

Panic Sungjin appeared, together with Yunho. Both of them rushed to the hospital after they heard what happened. Some of Sungjin men have been sent to investigate the matter and even the police are doing their job at the moment.

 

“Are you okay, Sungmin?” asked Sungjin.

 

Sungmin nodded, but still hiding behind Dongwoo. Sungjin can see her red eyes, perhaps from crying too much. He also notices the trembling on Sungmin’s hand. Her niece is blaming herself, he testified. He turned to Yunho and gives an unspoken signal to which he understood it clearly. Yunho walked approaching Sungmin.

 

“Hime…” called Yunho.

 

Sungmin looked at him with tears shimmering in her eyes, waiting to spill any minute. It breaks the uncles’ heart to see her expression.

 

“Kyu…kyu…got hurt. Because of…me…” she stammered, “B…blood…”

 

“Oh, Hime…” Yunho pulled Sungmin into his arms, “It’s not your fault.” She assured her.

 

Rubbing her back softly, Yunho continues on comforting her. He pulls the girl away from there to a more secluded place, leaving Sungjin and Onew alone. Sungjin’s eyes sharpened at the teacher, and immediately Onew kneel down in front of Sungjin.

 

“Tell me what happened.” Sungjin ordered, emitting an aura of him as a leader.

 

Onew gulped, “I’m sorry, Taichou.” He first apologized, “There are some men and it seems they’re looking for something.”

 

“What thing? Why? And what are you doing at my house? Where are my men? Why aren’t they the one protecting my Sungmin?”

 

“I came to see Sungmin’s condition as her homeroom teacher, that’s all. There’s nothing else. About your men…apparently they were drugged. And….” Onew trailed long, “They’re looking for the key.”

 

“Ah.”

 

Sungjin’s mind went blank. The key? “Why?” he questioned out loud.

 

“I’ve heard rumors circulated around the gang, that they suspected Sungmin to have a hold of the key.” Explained Onew softly.

 

Sungjin’s hands were white holding his fist. His eyes were burning. Onew remained lowering his head, sensing the anger from the man.

 

“Seek the truth.” He speaks out after a long silence of tense.

 

“I will.”

 

Onew tensed by the voice answering. He slowly turned up and sees Dongwoo behind the leader. Both Sungjin and Dongwoo had a scary face on. The family knew it was quite a shock for their niece with the incident. It has been long since the last attack, which make it even more a surprise to the family. Yet, the clan interpreted the attack as a different thing. It’s a sign, one that they should not ignore.

 

 

/////

 

 

On the next day when Kyuhyun wakes up, his family greeted him. They told him what has happened after he passed out from the attack yesterday. He’s grateful that he’s safe but noticing Sungmin is nowhere to be seen, he couldn’t help but feel sad and worry, a little.

 

“I’ll let you talk with your friends first. Just call me if there is anything.” Mrs Cho said and excuses herself out of the room.

 

The youngsters looked at each other. His friends have come to pay a visit.

 

“How’s Sungmin, hyung?” asked Kyuhyun first.

 

Yesung shook his head, “She’s okay. Sungjin uncle told me that she’s had quite a shock but she’s okay. This is not the first time she experience this sort of attack.”

 

Kyuhyun and the others tensed a bit by the information.

 

“Not the first time? What do you mean oppa?” Ryeowook questioned.

 

Yesung takes a deep breath and sigh, “You know about Sungmin’s family background, Wookie. All of you have heard the story from her uncles, right?”

 

They nodded, remembered.

 

“Sungmin stayed at Yunho’s hyung apartment now. They said it’s dangerous for Sungmin to continue staying at the old house because the other men might come and attack again.” Yesung explained some more.

 

“Doesn’t she want to see me?” Kyuhyun voiced out his worry.

 

Yesung smiled thinly, “Give Sungmin some time, Kyuhyun. She blames herself for what has happened to you. Sungmin…has always afraid for something like this to happen to her loved one. And now that it did happen, she’s in shock. Her uncle are with her and I’m sure she’ll be safe.”

 

They had to agree to whatever Yesung is saying. He is right. There’s nothing they can do for that moment except supporting Sungmin, mentally and physically.

 

 

/////

 

 

Sungmin excused herself from school. She mostly stayed at home, and refused to interact with anyone. Sungjin was depressed seeing the look on his niece. Even though he tried to act normal, the girl seems so restless no matter what he did. Thinking that perhaps Sungmin need some girl to girl talk with someone, he asked Kangin for help.

 

“We’ll go for a dinner and you can tell Teukie about what happen.” told Kangin.

 

Sungmin timidly nodded. She still had head looking at the floor. Kangin sigh and patted Sungmin’s head softly.

 

“Stop thinking much about it, Sungminie. It’s not your fault.”

 

Sungmin’s eyes get teary again by his words. True, she still couldn’t forget what happened. She couldn’t even meet with Kyuhyun after the incident. Her friends already getting worried but she continued on avoiding Kyuhyun at all cost. Their journey moved in silent after that. Kangin knew that nothing he says will change Sungmin’s restless heart.

 

Leeteuk is humming a happy song as she gets ready to welcome Kangin and Sungmin. She can’t wait to meet both of them again. She heard about what happened to Sungmin from her lover. She also heard the story from her family. Kyuhyun is indeed her nephew. And Kyuhyun himself already consulted to her about Sungmin’s avoiding him. Leeteuk feels sorry towards him and really want to help him so much. But, for now, she needs to console Sungmin first.

 

The doorbell rang. Smiling from one ear to another, Leeteuk quickly goes to the door. She opened it with big smile but went silence immediately. What greets her is nothing. She frowned.

 

Maybe it’s the kid playing. She thought.

 

Just as she about to turn back inside the house, out of sudden a black shadow appeared. Leeteuk shrieks but it was muffled down by a strong hand. She’s trapped.

 

Youngwoon! She cried inside.

 

Kangin’s attention suddenly alerted.

 

“Oppa?” asked Sungmin noticing it.

 

Kangin’s feet make a dash to Leeteuk’s house. Sungmin is totally startled by the sudden rush. Didn’t understand anything, she also runs, following Kangin. By the time she reaches Leeteuk’s house, she is shock again. Kangin is on the battle mode with a man and Leeteuk is sitting not too far from the door, trembling in fear. 

 

“Unnie!” Screamed Sungmin in horror and hasten her feet towards Leeteuk.

 

“Unnie, are you okay?” Sungmin asked worriedly.

 

Tears flow from Leeteuk’s eyes. She cried silently and hugged Sungmin. Sungmin was dumbfounded but she embraced her back. She continued giving words of supports and rubbed her back to comfort her. At the same time, she turned to her right and sees Kangin is still fighting, but the other party is obviously losing.

 

The man falls on his feet and shaking. Kangin’s steps moved closer towards the man. A dark aura emits from Kangin totally freeze the man in fright. He struggled to run away but Kangin easily catch him like a pest. He grabbed a handful of the man’s hair.

 

“Argh!!” the man cried in pain.

 

“Who told you to come here? What do you want?” Kangin questioned him in an eerie voice.

 

The man trembled, “I…I…” he shuttered.

 

And Kangin didn’t spare him another chance to retort by punched him on the stomach.

 

“You’ve messed up with the wrong person.” Kangin threatened and punched the man in the face.

 

The man bleed badly but Kangin continued until he’s satisfied. He fetches his phone and makes a quick call to the police station. After he’s done, finally he feels relaxed. Leaving the man lying helplessly there, Kangin gets up and wipes his hand from the blood. He walked towards Leeteuk. She is still in Sungmin’s embrace. Kangin sighed out of relief. He is glad that Sungmin is here with her, thankfully.

 

Leeteuk is still shivering. She had heard and saw everything. Every anger, the hatred and the pain from Kangin’s expression, she saw everything. And she’s frightened. Really frightened. It was like seeing her past once more. Kangin’s anger is the same as the one that she wants to forget the most.

 

“Teukie…”

 

“DON’T!”

 

Kangin was totally taken aback when his hand was harshly pushed away. His eyes widened. Sungmin is also shocked. They saw the fear in Leeteuk’s eyes.

 

“D…don’t…touch me…” she stammered.

 

“Unnie…?”

 

Sungmin can clearly see that Leeteuk is scared. Kangin once again tried to approach her but Leeteuk still pushed him away. His heart breaks every second seeing it. He gulped bitterly.

 

“Sungmin, can you take Teukie to the car?” He requested “I’ll settle everything over here first and I’ll see you later.”

 

Sungmin right away nodded, agreed.

 

“Come on, unnie. Let’s go.” Sungmin takes Leeteuk’s hand over her shoulder, slowly gets up.

 

Kangin watched their retreating figures leaving with a painful expression. Sungmin saddened seeing the face he’s making. She can see that he’s in shock by Leeteuk’s reaction but she also knew there’s nothing she could help at that moment. It happened too fast.

 

Kangin called for his men for back up. His father is especially surprised by the news. Kangin didn’t give him much explanation because Sungmin and Leeteuk are still waiting. He goes back to the car and wordlessly takes Leeteuk for a checkup before sending them both to the hotel. He leaves them to buy some food.

 

Leeteuk had a solemn face staring into the cup she’s holding. Her sprained leg already treated by Sungmin. Now that she’s calm down, her mind once more thinking about what has just happened.

 

“Unnie…” Sungmin called for her as gently as possible, “Are you okay, now?” she asked carefully as to not offend her.

 

Leeteuk’s eyes softened looking at Sungmin. She fakes a smile and nodded faintly.

 

“I’m sorry for making you worry.” She caressed Sungmin’s cheek lovingly, “It must be a shock to you, right?”

 

Sungmin hummed faintly. Her eyes lowered to the ground, feeling dejected. Honestly, she was shock by Leeteuk’s reaction. She thought that the elder is supposed to understand Kangin the best since she accepted Sungmin and her background. She just didn’t expect to see the fear in her eyes. It seems almost the same as other people’s stare and perception towards her family. And knowing Leeteuk is also affected, she felt worse.

 

“Aren’t you scared Sungmin?”

 

Sungmin’s expression turned sadder.

 

“Not really…” She mumbled the answer softly, “I’ve seen worse than what oppa did.” She added.

 

I know. Leeteuk admitted to Sungmin’s statement mentally.

 

“Is it because of scare?”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Unnie…pushed Kangin oppa’s hand, is it because you are afraid of him?” she specified her question.

 

She’s actually really sad to see such heartbreak on Kangin’s face just now. He’s very important to her, so whatever happened to him, it will also affect her. Leeteuk’s expression softened.

 

“I am afraid.”

 

That statement stabbed Sungmin’s heart painfully.

 

“But, I am not either.”

 

“Eh?” Sungmin stared puzzling.

 

“Could you forgive me, Sungmin?” She suddenly said, “If I say that I’ve been lying to you, could you forgive me?” Leeteuk repeated her question.

 

Sungmin blinked innocently looking at her. Leeteuk gives her a thin smile. She pulls Sungmin closer to her and holds her hand.

 

“I’m sorry.” She apologized, wholeheartedly leaving Sungmin to more confusion, “Truthfully…I know your mother.”

 

“Ah.”

 

“I know about your father too.” She added, making Sungmin’s eyes widened even more.

 

“I…I’ve known your family ever since long time ago. Even before your parents’ death.”

 

That statement renders Sungmin speechless. That night, Leeteuk admitted and tells Sungmin everything. The past that she kept all those years, finally revealed. Sungmin’s reaction was vague. She just listens without a single retort. By the time Leeteuk’s story ends, she apologized and excused herself to leave. She assured her teacher that she’s okay but Leeteuk could see it with her own eyes to how much the story stirs Sungmin’s feelings inside.

 

 

/////

 

 

Kangin silently drove away from the hotel towards Sungmin’s house. He didn’t notice the change on Sungmin’s expression because his mind is still filled with the thought of Leeteuk. Their perfect plan was totally ruined.

 

“Oppa…” called Sungmin dejectedly.

 

“I’m fine Sungmin.” Kangin assured her, “Just rest for today.” He said and hushed Sungmin inside her house.

 

Sungjin is there waiting for her. He talks to Sungmin a bit and let her inside. After that, he voluntarily walks towards Kangin.

 

“I’ve heard.” He remarked, serious in his tone.

 

Kangin had his head low, respected the man, “I’m sorry for the trouble, leader.” He apologized.

 

He knew he did something wrong. He has betrayed one of the group codes of fighting and involving the police in the matter. But, he also knew it wasn’t entirely his fault. He’s only protecting his loved one and he also has Sungmin as the witness of everything that happened. It just…when a police is involved, a little bit, the group will be affected.

 

He heard a sigh from Sungjin.

 

“Go home and reflect yourself. Never shows your anger much. Even if you want to do something in your way, don’t let it bothers us. You know what I hate, Kim Youngwoon.” He told the latter, strictly.

 

Kangin nodded and obeyed right away. He has nothing he can say to argue back. What’s important to him now is his lover. The fear that he saw on the look of Leeteuk’s face still nailed inside his head. It scares him to what it shall become in their relationship. He has never seen that look before and he never thought that he will see it in her. He never hides the fact that he’s scary but, it still hurts him just to remember.

 

 

/////

 

 

Sungjin reported to Heechul about the two attacks carefully. Heechul was fuming when she found out she’s the last to know about it. But she gradually calm after a few screaming and explanation from Sungjin.

 

“Should I fly back there?”

 

“No, Chullie. There’s no need for you to come. Sungmin is fine and she’s safe now. We’re staying at Yun’s. And, I’ve tightened the security around. Anyone dare, they’ll die first.” He warned seriousness in his voice.

 

“What about Jungsoo?”

 

“Kim Youngwoon’s family has ordered her to be protected. Furthermore, the matter is in the police’s attention now. She’ll be safe.”

 

But, Heechul is still worry, “But, what if the same things happen again?”

 

“I’ll make sure that it will not.” He promised, “I just want you to speak to Sungmin. She’s been depressed enough.” Pleaded Sungjin.

 

He can’t bear to continue looking at his niece’s sadness affect from everything that happened. Sungmin needs all the supports available now. And he knew that Heechul can do that. Heechul hummed and promised she’ll talk to Sungmin. Their call ended. Sungjin turned to his side, Dongwoo’s eyes are focused on his phone screen. They are actually waiting for Yunho to come back. The other man, Yunho is on site investigating the matter.

 

“What’s new?” asked Sungjin right away upon the arrival of his right hand.

 

Yunho’s face was stern as ever, “They’re dead.”

 

Both Sungjin and Dongwoo gawked by the information.

 

“Who did it?”

 

Yunho shakes his head, “The police are still investigating. It was said that they were brutally killed. But, they couldn’t find the weapon.”

 

Sungjin frowned, “What kind of weapon?”

 

“A sword.”

 

Dongwoo tensed.

 

“Sword? Who on earth still used a sword to kill in these days?” retorted Sungjin.

 

Yunho shrugged reluctantly, “Perhaps there’s someone else who knew about our secret.” He added.

 

Sungjin sighed. He didn’t like the sound of it. Someone else knowing about their clan’s secret is as if he didn’t do a good job in keeping it. His mind wanders thinking about that matter. He massaged his aching head.

 

“What do you think about this, Woo?” he asked but to receive no response.

 

Dongwoo’s stare is looking elsewhere. Sungjin and Yunho looked at each other, confused.

 

“Dongwoo.”

 

“Ah, what?” he flinched.

 

“What? I should be asking you that. What are you thinking?” Sungjin asked.

 

“Yeah. Is there something?” Yunho added.

 

Dongwoo blinked. He shakes his head denying.

 

“It’s nothing. I was just thinking about some work.” He answered, and the two men looked at him disbelief.

 

“It’s nothing. Trust me.” Dongwoo said, giving them a gummy smile.

 

Sungjin and Yunho continue staring at him for a few moment to search for the honestly. After they are sure, they changed the topic. Dongwoo sighed softly. He’s lying and he knew that his best friend can sense it. It just…he’s thinking about the information told by Yunho. A sword fighter in the modern age is very rare and he knew that Sungjin will try anyhow to search for the truth of it. But, for him, it remarks another thing. And he needs to make sure of it before they did.

 

 

/////

 

 

Dongwoo went to the police station.  He knew he has to start somewhere to state his curiosity. And the police station where all the proof is kept is one of it. Based on Yunho’s story of everything that happened, there’s a mystery behind the attacker’s death. A mystery to which no one could solve yet.

 

“Here. This is the picture taken from the case.” Siwon handed him a box.

 

The box exchanged hand with thanks. Dongwoo sits and started his investigation. He looked and scanned the pictures one by one. Then, he noticed one picture. His face turned white pale. He didn’t even realize that his hand was trembling while holding the picture.

 

“Dongwoo-ssi? Are you okay?”

 

“Ah.”

 

“You looked…”

 

“Nothing!” Dongwoo cuts him, “It’s nothing.” He denied but Siwon could the opposite reaction on him.

 

“Anyway, I’ve finished. Thank you for your cooperation.” He puts down the picture and swiftly left the place.

 

Siwon frowned by his action. He’s confused too. He turned his attention at picture that’s been on Dongwoo’s hand.

 

What’s so special about this picture? There’s only dead body and blood. He questioned while scanning the picture closely.

 

But, even after few looks, he couldn’t figure out anything unusual or different about the picture compare to the others. Dongwoo on the other hand, drive away from there, till he reaches Hangang River. The winds blows strong but he didn’t feel a bit cold at all. His eyes stare in front with deep thoughts.

 

The mark. That special mark. Dongwoo recognized it the instant he sees it. The thing that has the special mark is differ than any other, because he once yearns for it. It’s a sword. And the only person that owns it is that man.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Come on, hyung. Why can’t you give it to me? I’m qualified right?” whined Dongwoo amidst a little boy.

 

The older one laughed. He turned his attention from his practice and approached Dongwoo. He wipes the sweat with the towel given.

 

“You know the reason why, Dongwoo.” He patted Dongwoo’s head, “This sword is very dangerous. What if you misuse it?” he retorted.

 

Dongwoo snorted and pushed his hand away. He didn’t want to admit it, but, Kyungsoo is telling the truth. The sword is indeed dangerous. Since he knew, the sword has tasted much blood than what other people ever heard. It was handed by generation and generation, and only a specified person could handle it. That’s the sole reason why he’s attracted to it. He wants to be that person too.

 

But, Park Kyungsoo is the only person and the last man that is ever seen to hold that Sword.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

Park Kyungsoo. A man that is known to be very dangerous in the Yakuza world. He was Lee’s clan shadow. He was the only shadow that was ever appointed by the Lee leader and is the only one that was not related to Lee Sungkyu. He was a man that was once feared by every man. But, despite all that, he and Dongwoo have a bond together.

 

They were friends, no, they were more than that. They were family even before he entered the Lee clan. Park Kyungsoo is a hyung to Dongwoo, a brother that are everything to an orphan like him. He followed the man everywhere, regardless of what reason or where. Even when Kyungsoo decided to enter a clan, he also did the same. He was reluctant at first when the man mentioned about that matter to him.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Why? What do you mean by joining a clan? I thought that we’re…”

 

“Sunghee is marrying Lee Sungkyu.” He cuts off Dongwoo.

 

The man was speechless. He is shocked by the information, but Kyungsoo looked calm. Too calm in fact. Kyungsoo sighed.

 

“I don’t know what is in your mind right now. But, my decision is clear. Since Sunghee is going to marry into the family, I need to do the same.” He said, calm.

 

“What are you talking about, hyung? Noona is…you love noona too aren’t you? Why must...” Dongwoo’s questions paused by a pat on his head.

 

Kyungsoo is looking at him with a smile, a hurting smile.

 

“You need no reason to love someone. You need not to be together to be happy either. All that matter to me now is for Sunghee to be happy. It doesn’t mean that I didn’t care, I just didn’t want to stay away from her, that’s all.”

 

“How about that man? Can you handle him?”

 

Chuckles escaped from Kyungsoo, out of sudden feeling funny by the question.

 

“You should be asking that man whether he can handle me or not, Dongwoo. Not me.” He retorted, joking a little bit but Dongwoo didn’t laugh at it.

 

The latter frowned hard while looking at him. Kyungsoo’s laughter died and he changed into serious mode again.

 

“I’ve talked to Sungkyu myself, don’t worry.” He assured, “That man may seems like he’s fearless but I know he has a soft heart. If not, my Sunghee would not fall in love with him in the first place. Moreover, it was him who suggested me to join. He really is a strange fellow. Even though I already told him that I’m in love with Sunghee, he can still smile and even recruiting me into the Lee clan. After a few thoughts, I think it doesn’t harm me a bit if I agree. I can still be together with Sunghee, isn’t it better?” he ended with his famous smirk.

 

But, Dongwoo remained frowning at him. He doesn’t understand a bit the reason of Kyungsoo joining the clan so suddenly. They used to be so carefree with their life before. They can fight and protect their loved ones without caring other people. They can even do whatever they like without being tied up with any rules or standards. But now, if Kyungsoo really decided to join a clan, their life will make a complete turn instantly. Whatever they could do before, will be the opposite and they will need to be extra careful of any dangerous situation anytime and anywhere.

 

Also, Kyungsoo’s reasoning is a complete ridiculous. His hyung is also in love with Sunghee, but to agree and even joining the family that took his love away, is too much of a sacrifice. He didn’t like the idea at all.

 

“Why? Why must you sacrifice this much?” he asked.

 

Kyungsoo smiled at him.

 

“Because I love her. And that is all.” He concluded.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

I joined the clan together with him. I never regret of joining them because the Lee clan has helped me a lot in my life. I was introduced to Sungjin and Yunho. And they became my best friend until today, a bond that I will forever treasure. But, Kyungsoo hyung is…proclaimed to be the traitor of the clan. He was gone for years now. Why now? Is he still alive? If he does, where is he now? Why keep in silent in all these years?

 

Questions by questions continued pouring inside Dongwoo’s head. It’s already a day passed but his head is still thinking about yesterday. When he sees Sungmin, his past keeps on flashing through. If Sungmin knew that Kyungsoo is still alive, will it make anything change in their life? Sungmin and Kyungsoo have even special relationship with each other. So, if what he thought is real, it will become more complicated than what it has been now.

 

Dongwoo heaved a deep sighed. He stands up.

 

“Hey, Hoya.”

 

The said man turned, “What?” he took off his headphone.

 

“I’m going around first, okay?” he said, sort of like asking permission.

 

Hoya frowned.

 

“Yeah, sure. But, where are you going? We’re at the dump, you know.”Hoya joked.

 

Dongwoo chuckled lightly at the joke, “I know. Just to clear my mind a bit.” He coldly said and left.

 

True, they are at the dump but not that kind of dirty dump. It’s an empty building rented by the production. He and Hoya are shooting some music video for their newest song, which is not yet released. Dongwoo is working physically but in truth, his mind is still thinking about the previous incident. Sungmin’s attacker’s death and the proof he recognized, are correlated with each other he’s sure. He just needs to search for the meaning of it.

 

By the time he realized, he’s already walking quite far from his shooting location. He reached at an empty room. He sighed, looking outside through the broken window. He’s tired.

 

Is he still alive? He questioned again.

 

“Dongwoo.”

 

 

TBC