The boy's feeling

Voice

 

Chapter 21

 

By the time Sungmin and her friends come back from shopping, the preparation for the BBQ that night is complete. Eunhyuk hugs his girlfriend tight and force her to make a promise to never leave her ever again. He clings to Donghae all time that sometimes he doesn’t even bugged away when Donghae is angry at him. Donghae is confused but, she just smiles away by the childish act of her boyfriend. Of course, all the boys were already warned to never spill a word about what Yunho did to them.

 

Kyuhyun just smiles sheepishly when Sungmin ask about the new scar on his cheek.

 

“I fell down, Ming.”

 

“Really? It doesn’t look like that.” Sungmin doubts the reason given.

 

“I’m serious, I fell down. I will be just fine.” Kyuhyun assures her.

 

He can’t tell Sungmin the truth because Yunho might do even worse if he does so. Seeing that Kyuhyun is not going to tell her anything, Sungmin just let it go. They had a blast dinner that night. All of them stuffed themselves to their heart content. They forget all the bad memories that had happened that evening. The next morning comes really fast, and they all wakes up early that morning.

 

“Yun-kun…do you really need to go home today?”

 

Yunho smiles seeing the pout that appears on the girl, “Yes, ojou. I’m sorry we couldn’t spend much time together. There’s just a lot of work that I have to settle back in Japan.” He replies.

 

“Must it be now? Can’t it be tomorrow or the day after?” Sungmin asks, sulking when she found out that both Yunho and Dongwoo needs to go back to Japan immediately the next morning.

 

“I’m sorry Minnie.” He said, patting Sungmin’s head gently, “But, I promise I will spend a week of holiday with you next month. We’re going to meet with your ‘mama’.” He adds, and Sungmin beamed when she hears that.

 

“Really? We’re going? Together?”

 

“Yes, we’re going.” It was Sungjin who reply to her question, coming from behind her.

 

“But school?”

 

“A week of holiday didn’t hurt so much. I’ll make an excuse with your teacher. I’m sure even your ‘mama’ would like that.” He explains more.

 

“And we will be spending our time together!” this time, it’s Dongwoo who comes and back-hugging Sungmin happily.

 

Sungmin laughs happily by the action. Her other friends there has been watching at their natural interaction and the smile given by Sungmin which is a lot different than the old Sungmin that they knew. Sungmin is naturally smiling with her so-claimed 3 favorite person in the world. They look happy with each other and living in their own world.

 

“So, what are you going to do now?” Sungjin’s sudden question to them surprised them for sure.

 

“What do you mean hyung?

 

“I have to send those two at the airport and Sungmin is coming with us. I’m okay if you want to stay or not. Anyhow is fine with me. ”

 

All of them look at each other.

 

“I think we better head home, right Hyukkie?” Donghae speaks first and follows by Eunhyuk next.

 

“Yeah. It’s been two days we’re staying here.”

 

“Me too. I’m going home too. Mom must be asking about me.” Ryeowook adds.

 

“Ok then.” Sungjin nods.

 

“Hyung, can I come with you to the airport?” Jongjin suddenly request.

 

“Yeah, sure. There’s still space in the car.”

 

“Great.” Jongjin skips happily towards Sungmin.

 

Sungjin turns to the others, “So, Jongjin is coming with me. How about you, Jongwon?”

 

“Me? I’ll…go home.” Yesung said hesitantly, looking at Ryewook with the corner of his eyes.

 

“Remember to take the keys from me then.”

 

“Okay.” Yesung nods.

 

“And you,” Sungjin turns to Kyuhyun, glaring at him, still unsatisfied with the boy, “I order you to go home.” He demands.

 

Kyuhyun just freeze as he continues more.

 

“I forbid you to come here. At least not in the nearest time, not until I approve you as Sungmin’s friend.” He orders, and left.

 

Kyuhyun gawks at the order. He can’t believe that the man still hold grudge on what has happened which is not even a tiny his fault. Still, he has to accept it. Eunhyuk and Yesung pat on his shoulder altogether.

 

“Just understand him. You did touch his favorite niece.” Yesung comforts him, smiling apologetically.

 

Kyuhyun sighs tiredly, “I know, hyung.”

 

~~

 

“Kyu…”

 

“Yes?” Kyuhyun instantly turns to the voice upon hearing it.

 

“I’m sorry about Jin-chan and the others. Especially your bruise.” Sungmin apologized, looking down at the floor.

 

Kyuhyun smiles by the cute pout that appears. Of course he didn’t blame Sungmin. It’s just a bruise. Furthermore, the bruise is the reason why Sungmin talks again, so, it makes everything worth it.

 

“I’m okay, pabo.” Kyuhyun ruffles Sungmin’s hair, making mess of it.

 

“Hey.” Sungmin yelped angrily.

 

“I’ll never blame you on anything. It’s not that hurt anyway.”

 

“Really?” Kyuhyun nods, “Your uncle has warned me ‘good’ already.” His eyes narrow by his own words.

 

“Jin-chan is always like that. He’s a bit possessive.”

 

A lot, I would say. Kyuhyun corrects Sungmin inside.

 

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be just fine.”

 

“It’s good then.” They smile happily to each other.

 

~~

 

After that, all of them leave to where they want to go. Yesung offers himself to send Ryeowook home but apparently, it becomes so awkward between them. Ever since their confession, they haven’t actually talked and in truth, both of them are avoiding each other. So, Ryeowook really shock when the moment Yesung said he’s going to accompany her home.

 

Both of them are contemplating inside their heart on what are the first moves or word to say.

 

“It’s great that Sungmin finally talks, right?” Ryeowook breaks the ice first.

 

“Yeah. Though it’s only for someone close only, it’s better than just nothing.”

 

“It’s okay. It’s just the first start anyway. And Sungmin has the sweetest voice. Maybe I should I ask her to do a duet with me.” Ryeowook fantasize the moment and smiles excitedly.

 

“You should.” Yesung agrees, “Sungmin will absolutely agree, I’m sure.”

 

“I will. Certainly.” She chuckled a bit.

 

“And maybe, with me too…” Yesung mumbles the words softly.

 

“Eh? Did you say something, oppa?”

 

“Nothing. Let’s just go.” Yesung continues walking, follows by Ryeowook, who confused by Yesung’s action.

 

They walks again, in silent. And in that silence, Yesung nervously reaches out for Ryeowook’s hand and hold it tight. Ryeowook flinches at first by the sudden touch, and looks at Yesung. She seriously puzzled, and her heart thumping fast of nervous.

 

“Oppa?”

 

“Well, we have confessed with each other, right?” Yesung replied, eyes looking elsewhere, trying to keep his cool composure.

 

Ryeowook stuns for a moment. Her mind slowly process what is going on and slowly, a smile forms on her lips. She happily runs towards the guy and hugs Yesung’s arms tight.

 

“Thank you, oppa.” She thanks sincerely, really is happy.

 

Yesung’s face blushes madly by the bold action. He nods, and they walk again, hand by hand. At least now, there is a new couple has formed.

 

~~

 

After sending Yunho and Dongwoo to the airport, Sungjin brought back Sungmin and Jongjin to his home. He is thankful that Sungmin has really starts to speak again, even though it’s only among them. He could see how happy Jongjin is when Sungmin has started to call for his name again. It’s been so long after all. He could really sense and sees how the younger looks at Sungmin every time.

 

“Sungmin, why didn’t you tell me the truth about Kangin?”

 

“Kangin-oppa? What truth?” Sungmin innocently asks.

 

“The truth that he’s the son of Kim family. Another mafia group of mine.” Sungmin gulps nervously.

 

“H…how did you know?”

 

“So, you do know about his identity? Why did you lie to me?”

 

“I…didn’t lie.” She averted her eyes from Sungjin’s stare, “I just…didn’t tell you.” Sungmin replies, looking at the floor.

 

“Aren’t they the same thing?” 

 

“No?”

 

“Pabo.” Sungjin hits Sungmin’s head lightly.

 

“I meet with him at the meeting in Japan. His father introduces him to me. I think it’s his first time there at the meeting. He seems surprise to know that I’m the next generation leader.”

 

“Anyone would be surprise if they know that you are their leader, Sungjin-hyung.” Jongjin interrupts.

 

After going back from the airport, the boy, Jongjin decides to stay longer and spend for the night at Sungmin’s house. He didn’t get much time spent with Sungmin when her friends are together. That’s why he volunteers himself to be with Sungmin again that day. He really wants to cherish the moment together alone with Sungmin only. Now, the three of them are eating dinner cooked by Sungmin happily.

 

Sungjin proudly agrees by Jongjin’s comment about him, “Everyone did seem surprise. But, it’s not such a big deal.” He said coolly, continue to eat.

 

“Anyway, his father sends his regards to you.” He points to Sungmin who immediately smile brightly to hear that.

 

“Me? Uncle Youngjin?”

 

“Yes, he said he wants you to visit him again some other time.”

 

“You’ll let me?” Sungmin ask, pleading with her eyes and Sungjin nods faintly.

 

Sungmin excitedly cheers, “Yay! Of course I will visit him. Kangin oppa promises me to bring me there again.” She chuckles happily.

 

“Just behave and take care of yourself, okay?” Sungmin eagerly nods.

 

“But Minnie,” Jongjin’s calls her out, “How did you know this Kangin-guy if he’s a mafia? I thought that your secret here is protected.” Jongjin confusedly ask.

 

“Oh, that.” Sungmin claps her hands happily, “Kangin oppa is a sunbae at my school. We meet by accident.” She starts her story.

 

“You know, Jinnie. Everyone at school is afraid of Kangin-oppa. He’s big, tall and bulky. But, he’s really strong. I saw his fight with other students once and he looks so cool!” Sungmin proudly exclaims.

 

“Fight?”

 

Sungmin nods, still smiling.

 

“Then, if everyone scares of him why aren’t you doing the same? You do know it’s really dangerous to be friend with that kind of people.” Jongjin worriedly ask and yet, the said girl just smiles sweetly at him.

 

“Because he’s really kind to me.” Sungmin compliments.

 

“He helps me from the bullies and promise to always protect me, which he really did. And you know that I also come from the mafia group, Jinnie. I know which and who is the bad guy around me.” Sungmin got a point on that.

 

“You’re right.” Sungjin pats the girl’s head, “Because our family secret is not meant to hurt people but only to protect from the evil.” Sungmin nods to the statement.

 

Jongjin stares at those two and then smile, “I guess so.” He remarks, “Maybe you can introduce him to me one day, Minnie.”

 

“I will!” she promises.

 

~~

 

That night, Jongjin requested to sleep with Sungmin in the same room, since they are the only one that is left in the big house. Sungjin has to leave again to settle some office work late that night. Jongjin is more than just glad to keep her accompany. Since Sungmin has talked again, it makes their relationship grow closer and even though with Sungmin didn’t speak, their relationship is always close.

 

Sungmin has always fond of the Kim siblings. That’s why she didn’t even mind when Jongjin calls her using nickname instead of formality even though the boy is 2 years younger than her. But, she’s just too oblivious with Jongjin’s reason to call her that. She didn’t know that Jongjin has a special feeling towards her.

 

“Sungminie, do you love me?” Jongjin asks, as they are lying down on the futon on the floor.

 

Sungmin nods casually, “Jinnie is also Sungminie favorite person in the world.” She reasons.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun? How about him?” he asks further.

 

Sungmin blushes when he said the name, “Kyukyu is…” she trails long.

 

Jongjin could see how Sungmin’s expression changes when the boy’s name speaks off.

 

“Someone that you love the most?” he asks, though his heart clench just to say that question.

 

Sungmin shyly nods to the question. Jongjin knows almost everything about her. That’s the reason why she feels that it’s okay for Jongjin to know about her true feelings to Kyuhyun. Jongjin tries his best to control his expression. Sungmin didn’t realize that he’s on the verge of crying already by the confession.

 

But, I love you, Sungminie. Why can’t I be the one for you? He asks to no one but his own self, controlling the tears from spilling there.

 

“Jinnie?” Sungmin calls but Jongjin seems so far deep in thought.

 

“Jinnie, what’s wrong?” Sungmin calls again, and lightly shakes Jongjin to wake him from the imagination.

 

“Eh? What is it?” Jongjin’s thought snap back to the reality by the touch.

 

He looks in front and Sungmin’s worry face is there, looking straight at him.

 

“What’s wrong? Are you okay, Jinnie? Did Sungminie say something wrong?” Sungmin worriedly asks.

 

Jongjin stares at her and force himself to smile, “I’m okay.” He pats the girl’s head affectionately.

 

“I’m just thinking about school, that’s all.” He adds.

 

“Really?” Sungmin still looks concern.

 

“Yes, I’m okay.” He lies.

 

Even though it hurts, he has no other choice but to lie that moment.

 

“But, you didn’t look okay.” Sungmin still didn’t believe in it.

 

“No, don’t worry. I’m really am fine.” He assures the girl.

 

“Here, let’s just sleep. It’s getting late.” He pulls the blanket till it reaches Sungmin’s neck and holds her hand tight, “You have to get up early to prepare for breakfast tomorrow, right? And you also promise to go to my house to meet with umma.” He changes the topic.

 

“I know that…” Sungmin replied back.

 

“Don’t worry about me, Sungminie. I’m fine.” He pushes the strains of hair from Sungmin’s forehead gently, assuring the girl.

 

Sungmin smiles by the gentle touch.

 

“You’re not mad at Sungminie, right?” Sungmin asks, slowly closes her eyes, drowsiness starts to overwhelm her.

 

“No, I never will.” He smiles.

 

Sungmin smiles back at him, and tightened the hold on Jongjin’s hand.

 

“Jinnie, I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Sungminie.” The lie comfortably on the futon, and slowly close their eyes.

 

A few seconds later, Sungmin falls asleep while holding the boy’s hand. Jongjin opens his eyes soon after that. He just pretends to be asleep until he is sure that Sungmin is in the dream land.

 

“Are you sleeping, Sungminie?” he asks.

 

He stares at the sleeping Sungmin. Their hands still intertwine with each other. Sungmin’s sleeping face is the best, and he feels the most lucky to be able to see that scene ever since they are small. They both have known each other for so long already. He has seen so many part of Sungmin that no one else knew. How Sungmin has change from a happy and bubbly girl into a very silent girl after the death of her parents. Also about the bullies and how much he didn’t and couldn’t do anything to help her. He feels unfair and yet, he knew that Sungmin already has so many protectors around her. He has loved the girl so much since small, and the love has only been one-sided all along. He already knew the fact.

 

“I’m sorry…” his heart clench painfully as a drop of tear fall from his eyes.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t stop this feeling from growing. I’m sorry for falling in love with you though I know you love someone else. I’m sorry, Sungmin. I’m just…too sorry.” His forehead glues to Sungmin as he continues apologizing, again and again for the feeling that he has for the girl.

 

It’s sad enough that Sungmin loves someone else even though he has been with her longer. But, he promises, no matter what happen, he will protect Sungmin and loving her, until the right time for someone else to come inside his life. Until then, his love is for Sungmin. Only Sungmin.

 

 

TBC

 

 

~~sorry that it’s a bit side-tracked from the normal kyumin fic…hehehe I know I was suppose to make Kyumin moment but...somehow, I couldn’t skip the feeling of Jongjin boy. Sorry for the lame update *some might feel disappointed with me huhuhu*. It might takes longer after this for me to update since I already resign my last job and have a new one which is a lot busier…T_T poor me…anyway, thanks for reading in advance~~