Comfortable companion

Voice

 

 “I know, it’s weird for me to suddenly came and give this to you. But, I have good intention.” He started, “I want you to have it.”

 

‘Why?’

 

“You can use it to call me whenever you want to.” Kangin answered, like he could understand every single word that Sungmin say inside, “Especially when someone bullies you again.” He stressed the word ‘bully’ while eyeing Seohyun and her group with a death stares.

 

The girls, whom heard the warning together with the other people there, are totally frightened and refuse to meet an eye with Kangin.

 

‘Thank you oppa!! (^_^)!! ‘

 

Sungmin wrote her thank you on the paper with all the emoticons, happy to receive such present from him.

 

“Great, I’m glad that you like it. Ah, before I forget let’s change numbers.” He took out his phone followed by Sungmin.

 

They exchanged each other phone number immediately, ignore all people that has been watching the situation.

 

“Okay, I’m leaving. Call me if you need anything.” Sungmin nodded, “Cute.” Kangin patted her head soft before he left, back to his class.

 

I got a present! It’s pink and I love it! Sungmin exclaimed happily.

 

“Lee…Sungmin…” Sungmin look ahead carefully and saw her best friends.

 

Somehow she could feel a wrath is going to fall on her.

 

“Why are you exchanging phone numbers with Kangin-oppa?” They both asked in sync, eyes burned with anger already.

 

Sungmin smiled sheepishly. Now, how am I going to explain this?

 

~~

 

Wookie and Hae warned me to never talk to Kangin-oppa again. She sighed.

 

Is it wrong? Kangin-oppa didn’t do anything that hurt me. He even helped me. But, why?

 

She sighed again. After the lunch break was over, she and her other friends has to separate because of different courses. Donghae took science, Ryeowook with her cooking class and left her alone with her literature class. She couldn’t stay focus during the class while thinking about what Donghae and Ryeowook told her.

 

Flashback.

 

“Kangin oppa is the son of Seoul, no Korea’s biggest gangster group.” Donghae started.

 

“It was rumored that he has crime case filed under him and that the reason why he enrolled to here. It is still a mystery why he still wants to go to school though.” Ryeowook added.

 

“He was a lot older than any of us. It was said that he has many underlings here and could be a threat to anyone who tried to disobey him. Everyone in this school was scared of him and no one dares to go against him.” both of them said in sync, showed her their best serious face.

 

“JUST STAY AWAY FROM HIM!” they warned.

 

Flashback end.

 

Stay away? I couldn’t do that, I have started to like Kangin-oppa. He gives me this pink whistle. I don’t think he was that bad.

 

“Lee Sungmin.” Sungmin snapped upon hearing her teacher call.

 

“Are you still here?” the teacher asked sarcastically, Sungmin bowed few times apologizing.

 

She sighed, “It’s okay, sit down. And stay focus!” she ordered.

 

Sungmin sat with flushed face. Everyone in the class was staring at her.

 

OMG! I’m so embarrassed!

 

In the end, she has to cover her face in embarrassment through the whole class. Immediately after the class ended, she ran away from there, straight to the music club. She slumped herself on the seat, still feeling ashamed.

 

I made a fool of myself.

 

She puts her head on the piano board, take a deep breath. At that time, a message from Ryeowook arrived.

 

‘Minnie sorry! I have to help Kim songsaengnim in the cooking class today. I couldn’t come to the club! Sorry2X…text me if there’s anything happen. Luv u!’

It’s okay. I guess I was alone again today. So…what should I do?

 

She looked around the music room looking for something to do when she finally decided to just compose a song. She did have some idea on the new song anyway. She plays the piano and writes the songs in the nearest music sheet that was available there.

 

While she was emerging herself in making music, someone suddenly opened the door.

 

“Ryeowook, I need you now.” The person exclaimed and looks in front.

 

Both were shocked. Sungmin whom was sitting on the piano bench was shocked to see Kyuhyun while Kyuhyun was also surprised to see Sungmin sitting there in the music room. It was all due to the fact that they didn’t know that they are also the members of the music club.

 

~~

 

“Ryeowook didn’t even tell me anything about having a new member.” Kyuhyun said, “And she didn’t even say that the new member is actually you.” He pointed to Sungmin whom was making him a cup of chocolate.

 

Sungmin handed him the cup.

 

“Thanks. So, what are you doing?” He casually asked the girl.

 

Sungmin show him the music sheet that she wrote, “Composing?” and she nodded.

 

“Can I see?” and the girl handed the music sheet.

 

Kyuhyun scan the sheet for a moment, and he couldn’t stop the smile forming on his lips.

 

“You really have talent in this you know? I guess you haven’t changed much since we were small.” Kyuhyun complimented and Sungmin smiled happily by the comment.

 

She writes something on her notebook and gives it to Kyuhyun.

 

‘What are you doing here? Did you have plan with Wookie?’

 

“Well, I didn’t actually plan anything with her. But…” Kyuhyun trailed off, “I need her help on something, just that.” He continued.

 

I can’t tell you that I need Ryeowook to replace me in the singing contest. The real answer to Sungmin’s was only answered inside his heart.

 

‘Okay then. I guess Wookie didn’t tell you that she has something else to do today.’

 

“Yeah, I can see that. Oh, let’s forget about Ryeowook. It seems that your composing is still unfinished, wanna me to help?” Sungmin stared at him, disbelief.

 

“What? I am a music club member, you know? It’s the basic that I should know. You didn’t have to look at me like that.”

 

Sungmin chuckled silently, noticing that Kyuhyun was sulking.

 

‘I’m just writing it for fun. But, if I think it’s the least we could do as the club activities, right?’

 

Kyuhyun smiled, reading the note by Sungmin.

 

“You’re right. Let’s get started then.”

 

Somehow, after the first step that was taken and given by Yesung before has broken away the wall that built for all the years they have been separated. They really are attracted to each other after all. They only need the courage to confess. They still have a long way to go and time will definitely be on their side. Meanwhile, at the infirmary, there is also one ‘couple’ whom was enjoying their time together.

 

“Did you meet with Sungminie today?” Leeteuk asked the boy, while cleaning the wound which was obviously came from another fight.

 

“Ouch, gently.” Kangin winced in pain as Leeteuk applying the medicine on his nose, “Yeah, I met her this morning to give her present.”

 

“Present?”

 

He nodded, “I gave her a whistle.”

 

Leeteuk frowned, “Okay…” she trailed off, “That’s weird. Why would you give her a present out of sudden. And a whistle on top of that.”

 

“I just want to recognize her. Since she can’t speak, I gave her the whistle so that she could blow it whenever she needed help.” The boy explained.

 

Leeteuk was out of words. She was surprised to be exact. It is something unusual for Kangin to be good to someone, what’s more a girl.

 

“It’s rude to stare, Teukie.”

 

“Ah, nothing. I wasn’t looking at you.” She immediately explained, but still couldn’t hide the blush on her cheeks.

 

“I have works to do now. You may go.” She ordered, busying herself on her work whereas in fact she was trying to run from the intense stare from Kangin.

 

Kangin smirked, “Hey, don’t you think Minnie is very cute?” Kangin’s question somehow sparks a little jealousy in Leeteuk.

 

“Yeah…she’s cute.” She agreed but slowly, “You seem to be so attached by her.”

 

“Well, yeah. I do feel comfortable with her.”

 

“That’s…great then. You have…friends now…” Leeteuk has to admit that she was disappointed to hear the answer.

 

I did it!

 

Kangin cheered inside his head, feeling totally rejoice that he was able to make his crush jealous. He decided to play even more.

 

“What’s wrong, noo..na? Jealous?”

 

“Jealous?! Impossible! I will…argh!!” she turned around too quick that almost make her fell but, when she thought she has landed on the floor, she felt hands around her waist.

 

Kangin managed to catch her before the fall. He would never let Leeteuk hurt, right? She is too precious to him. Leeteuk opened up her eyes to find her face was just an inch away from the said man. They both stared into each other eyes, admiring each other in their heart.

 

Oh my, I never thought that he was this muscular before. He must have six-pack or something. Leeteuk praised him inside.

 

“You know…” Kangin was the first to break the silence, “You have seaweed on your teeth.” Kangin laughed her stomach out after the remark and let go from holding Leeteuk.

 

Leeteuk face reddens, both because of too embarrassed and too angry.

 

“Kim Youngwoon!! Don’t you ever come back here again!” she yelled angrily, grabbed anything nearest and throws it to the boy.

 

Kangin instantly avoided and ran away to save his life from it, still laughing happily.

 

“Silly bear!!”

 

And that day ended with Sungmin finished composing a song with Kyuhyun, rejoin with her friends and spent some time at the restaurant for dinner. Kangin on the other hand was so happy to be able to make fun of Leeteuk for the day. As for Leeteuk, she swears to never eat seaweed again for the rest of her life.

 

                Ever since that day, though being a few times warned by her friends, Sungmin still keeps in touch with Kangin. Sometimes when her friends were busy with their schedules, Sungmin will spend her time together with Kangin at the infirmary with Leeteuk. She also had witness Kangin in action one day but instead of feeling scare of the guy more, she just smiled.

 

“Strange girl.” Kangin nicknamed her as he chuckled at the girl, after beating up a few boys at the school backyard.

 

It was after that he found out that Sungmin’s family from Japan is also come from a group of gangster which is also known as yakuza in Japan. The fact that Sungjin, Sungmin’s uncle is the hidden successor of the yakuza group make him even more amaze with Sungmin. Still, they promised to each other to keep the matter as a secret because they both understand it so much that being in that kind of family is not always a great thing.

 

 

 

 

~~comments is highly appreciated~~hehehe